Dr. Zoyla Almeida, MD

OncologyFemale

Florida Gynecologic Oncology Center

4855 W Hillsboro Blvd Coconut Creek, FL 33073

Dr. Zoyla Almeida, MD is a Oncology Specialist in Coconut Creek, FL. Dr. Almeida has more experience with Gynecologic Neoplasms, Gynecologic Conditions, and Gynecologic Surgery than other specialists in her area. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as Broward Health Coral Springs and Northwest Medical Center. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Almeida to book an appointment.

Compare with other Oncology Specialists

Compare Dr. Almeida with our nearby Oncology Specialists at Baptist Health.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Baptist Health.

Dr. Almeida's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Almeida

3.5

37.68115942028985%

Dr. Almeida
I seen Dr. Almeida after being recommended from another Dr. She is the most caring and compassionate doctor I have encountered. She had a great bedside manner and made me feel at ease once she explained I would need a surgery. She made sure to explain all details of my robotic surgery to me and my family. The office staff and Lucy were very friendly as well. I went through the procedure and could not be happier. Not only do I feel great again, I had a great surgeon and team helping me along the way. I highly recommend this doctor.
Sep 15, 2021
Dr Aleimda is one of the best doctors I’ve seen. She provides excellent service and the environment her and her staff create makes all of my visits very comfortable and pleasant. I’ll never see any other doctor over her!!
Sep 15, 2021
I have had multiple blood tests and ultrasounds done here. I have not received or seen any results from the ultrasound etc even until this point. No one has said anything regarding the status of my gynecological health.I received an examination and was told that I needed a surgery to remove two cyst on my ovaries. I then was sent to schedule this surgery and was ask when I would like to do the hysterotomy. I then questioning why a hysterotomy was necessary and never mention till the time of the appointment scheduling, the doctor then jump in my face and hostilely exclaimed that she had told me about the surgery but I had not listened to her. The earliest date I could schedule was 4 months away, when they suspected I have cancer. I've never experienced something so unprofessional and unethical as this. This is not a doctor that I would ever recommend to anyone, and do believe she is doing this to others.If you're not careful you will end up getting swindled into an unneeded surgery.
  • Long wait times
Cindy Ellis – May 29, 2021
I had to see an oncologist since I was recently in with uterine cancer. Dr. Almeida is honest and direct in regards to a plan of care. My husband and I discussed the surgical procedures and opted for robotic surgery. Dr. Almeida is the best surgeon for this surgery. The surgical coordinator gives you easy to follow instructions and her nurse practitioner is very focused on my pre and post op care. All the staff are wonderful. You are guided by very professional staff. If you follow the plan of care it was a well coordinated process.
Mrs. Rebecca Colegrove – Mar 04, 2021
Being a patient of Dr. Zoyla was an absolute nightmare. She agreed to perform two surgeries on me which turned out were not her area of expertise. I had to pay out of pocket to get them corrected. She made me feel like I could trust her and then I was very disappointed. She also dismissed all my concerns in multiple post op visits. Her techniques and stitches left my skin broken, scarred and in need of repair which cost me even more out of pocket. Her staff is relatively nice however the billing department never returns phone calls and my office visits were coded incorrectly and therefore causing me to owe more money out of pocket/fight insurance claims. I would NEVER recommend anyone to her!!!
Devastated – Feb 26, 2021
I had surgery with Dr. Almeida and she saved my life . She was caring and compassionate with me . She took the time to speak with me and my family before and after surgery . The front desk staff are all friendly and professional . The nurse practitioner Lucy is caring, knowledgeable and answered all my questions. I will always recommend Dr. Almeida . Boca Raton, FL
Aug 16, 2019
The front desk staff is great, but that’s about it. As a new patient I scheduled an appointment for a routine checkup and the doctor was completely stale and robotic. Didn’t show any signs of caring what my symptoms are and even seemed rude & judgmental of the points I brought up as if I didn’t know what I was talking about. The actual pap was very quick and again, very robotic. She then immediately got up and left the room and told me to give blood across the hall & head up front to check out. I had to schedule an ultrasound for cramping for the following week. To my surprise, I was met with a male doctor who was never mentioned prior. Again, very uncomfortable. I like to be involved in my appts and frequently asked questions. When I asked to see the photos he took during the internal ultrasound he said “I mean I don’t think you’ll understand them but okay”. HORRIBLE. Lucy is the absolute worst & NEVER calls you with your test results. I’ve had to chase mine down TWICE. Stay away!!!!!
Aug 13, 2019
I am sorry to hear about your experience in our...Read More
I am the son of a patient and have had 2 interactions with the staff and 2 interactions with the surgeon and PA. My most recent call to the office asking to speak with Dr. Prior to surgery, I spoke with the PA who was informed I am myself in medicine. She was unprepared and tried to fluff answers and then decided to turf me to the surgeon. I spoke with the surgeon, typical God complex, short, curt, pompous and condescending. Post OP she reported the facts to my stepfather and brother,lay people, post discharge there was an obvious knot protruding from the abdomen, looked like a hernia, never addressed, I wanted answers now that mother is in hospital about the procedure. Dr A called this morning and needless to say the conversation was snotty at best. Obvious she wanted no part of the conversation and turfed me to the chemo doc although my questions were about the surgery. She may be a good surgeon, even a great surgeon but was obviously absent during empathy lessons in med school.
Andre Plaut – Aug 08, 2019
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're sorry...Read More
The providor had little to no concern over the emotional experience of the patient. Cancer is a big word with a lot of fears and troubles that naturally come with it. The doctor has forgotten that for her patience having cancer is not normal. It is not easy for them to fully grasp especially if it is news to them. She has a tendency to treat her patience like they are not intelligent if they don't understand the complexities of their case the first time she explains it. She rushes her patients
Boca, FL – Apr 21, 2019
I find that Dr Almeida is a terrific Dr, with a lot of experience. She is very through in her explanation and takes the time to listen. She did my surgery and everything went well. Because of her caring ways I was very comfortable to have her as my surgeon. After my surgery I was seen by Lucy the NP and she is just as good as Dr Almeida and very knowledgeable. My overall experience with the whole office staff has been great! I
Donnette waite in coconut creek, FL – Jan 15, 2019
In the almost 2 years of going to this office I’ve only seen Dr. Alameda 2 Tex’s, 1st x on the initial visit, second x was the surgery. Since then I only see the PA Lucy who does not get back to you after you’ve had test, and have to repeatedly call the office for results. I see the PA every three months and have ultrasounds every 3 to 6 months, due to fluid in the endometrial cavity. I continue to ask how long do I repeat this procedure and get NO response.
MLM in Parkland, Fl – Oct 19, 2018
I am sorry to hear about the experience you had...Read More
Dr. Almeida has been my Dr for 10 years. She is the absolute best in her field. She is literally a life saver.
K Stotler in FL – Jun 20, 2018
I love my Doctor , She saved my life......
morgana Rocha in FORT LAUDERDALE, FL – Jun 11, 2018
I regret EVER going to see this Doctor! Because of her negligence I end up with a deadly infection due to not properly identifying the lump she discovered after she performed two surgeries on me, I end up hospitalized for an entire month fighting for my life, and now can NO longer have children and have MULTIPLE health issues. Ladies I strongly suggest you do your research before having any surgery and always get a second opinion. If this message does not appear on the review, I'll know why..
Apr 21, 2018
I have nothing but awesome things to say about the experience I had with Dr. Almeida, I went in for my consultation and the staff was great. Dr. Almeida answered all my questions thoroughly. She was very thoughtful and understanding of my situation and made me feel comfortable. I had no complications healing from my procedure and recovery time minimal. She took her time explaining what steps I should take to heal faster and made sure I was okay. I would definitely recommend her to anyone and if
Apr 20, 2018
It is difficult to experience age-related gynecological problems and it's challenging to find a competent, caring physician. Dr. Almeida is highly clinical in her approach to diagnosing and treatment. I was not entirely ready for that directness and candor, so be prepared. In the end, I was grateful to finally find a doctor who could and would help me. You will find in Dr. Almeida a very caring, qualified doctor. I highly recommend her. Office staff gets kudos too!
Alice in Coral Springs – Feb 17, 2018
Good surgeon and great staff. Treats you as a number not a patient. Never followed up with me after surgery, had her PA do that. II did not go to her to have a PA see me. Would never reccommend her..
Boynton Beach, FL – Sep 27, 2017
Had surgery a year ago to remove fibroids, but for some reason, the Dr. felt the need to leave a few of them in. Now, they are trying to convince me that they have grown back. I've asked to see my surgical report, but haven't received it yet. I will not be returning to the office, because it seems like they do not care about the patients. All they are looking at is making money.
Jessica in Ft Lauderdale, FL – Jul 27, 2017
Thank you for your comments. However, without...Read More
This doctor is the absolute worst. I was in the hospital with an infection and this doctor jumped at the opportunity to tell me that i would need a hysterectomy. She gave me the news with zero sympathy even though i am a young girl in the hopes of having children. Thank god i got a second opinion with a great doctor that operated on me and saved my uterus. If you ever have this doctor and she tells you that you need a hysterectomy, please get a second opinion.
Hollywood, FL – May 25, 2017
Thank you for your comment. However, you must...Read More
Dr. Almeida is a fabulous doctor. She will make you feel comfortable while discussing your issues with you... Her professionalism, knowledge, judgement, surgical skills, etc. are far above others. She performed a robotic hysterectomy on me a few years ago and I am fine with no problems. Her follow up care, likewise, is exceptional. I still see her a few times a year. Her staff is great. Each lady has her job to do. They are warm and welcoming.. My adult daughter is now her patient.
Roz H in Boca Raton – May 25, 2017
Thank you for your comment! We are pleased that...Read More

How was your experience with Dr. Almeida?

Dr. Almeida's passion is to provide her patients with the highest quality of compassionate care with regards to cancer and women's issues.

Dr. Almeida has extensive expertise in Gynecologic Oncology.  She has won many academic honors and awards.  Dr. Almeida is a Proctor for da Vinci...Read more

• Oncology