Dr. Zoyla Almeida, MD

Dr. Zoyla Almeida, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |

Dr. Zoyla Almeida, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Coconut Creek, FL. She is 46 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Read her story

Florida Gynecologic Oncology Center

4855 W Hillsboro Blvd Ste B13

Coconut Creek, FL 33073

• AvMed
  • Molina Healthcare
  • Neighborhood Health Plan
  • Vista Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Almeida

See how frequently Dr. Almeida performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Uterine Diseases
Removal of Reproductive Organs (Hysterectomy, Oophorectomy, Salpingectomy, Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Resection of Peritoneal Malignancy)
Dilation and Curettage

Dr. Almeida's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Almeida's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Almeida "Dr. Almeida has extensive expertise in Gynecologic Oncology. She has won many academic honors and awards. Dr. Almeida is a Proctor for da Vinci robotic surgery and single incision laparoscopic surgery. She previously was the Co-Director of the Robotic Program at Coral Springs Medical Center, as well as the Director of the Robotic Program at Northwest Medical Center. Dr. Almeida was the Vice-Chief of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and a Proctor for minimally invasive gynecologic surgeries.Dr. Almeida has been a Mentor and is very involved with teaching medical students. She is a Board Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Board Certified in Gynecologic Oncology. She is a member of many Professional and Honorary Organizations."

This content was provided by Dr. Almeida "Dr. Almeida's passion is to provide her patients with the highest quality of compassionate care with regards to cancer and women's issues."

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Fallopian Tube Cancer
  • Genital Warts
  • Genitourinary Cancers
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Ovarian Cancer
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Post-Menopausal Problems
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

• Abdominal Hysterectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
  • Colpopexy
  • Colpopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions

Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital
  • University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Almeida has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Almeida does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Almeida and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Northwest Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Almeida is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Almeida's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Almeida to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Almeida's Performance
Boynton Beach, FL |
Good surgeon and great staff. Treats you as a number not a patient. Never followed up with me after surgery, had her PA do that. II did not go to her to have a PA see me. Would never reccommend her..
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Had surgery a year ago to remove fibroids, but for some reason, the Dr. felt the need to leave a few of them in. Now, they are trying to convince me that they have grown back. I've asked to see my surgical report, but haven't received it yet. I will not be returning to the office, because it seems like they do not care about the patients. All they are looking at is making money.
Thank you for your comments. However, without revealing personal health information, I am limited to responding completely on this site to your concerns. Regarding the fibroid issue, if there is a fibroid that exists that is too small to remove surgically, it is left in place as per medical guidelines. If you have further questions or concerns, or would like additional clarification on your condition, feel free to contact the office. Our main focus is always patient care. Best regards,
Hollywood, FL |
This doctor is the absolute worst. I was in the hospital with an infection and this doctor jumped at the opportunity to tell me that i would need a hysterectomy. She gave me the news with zero sympathy even though i am a young girl in the hopes of having children. Thank god i got a second opinion with a great doctor that operated on me and saved my uterus. If you ever have this doctor and she tells you that you need a hysterectomy, please get a second opinion.
Thank you for your comment. However, you must have Dr. Almeida confused with another physician. Dr. Almeida did not see you in consultation at any of the hospitals that she goes to, which are West Boca, Northwest Medical, and Coral Springs. Perhaps you should refer to your medical record from your hospital consultation and refer your comment to the correct physician so that your issue can be addressed. Best of health to you and yours-
in Boca Raton |
Dr. Almeida is a fabulous doctor. She will make you feel comfortable while discussing your issues with you... Her professionalism, knowledge, judgement, surgical skills, etc. are far above others. She performed a robotic hysterectomy on me a few years ago and I am fine with no problems. Her follow up care, likewise, is exceptional. I still see her a few times a year. Her staff is great. Each lady has her job to do. They are warm and welcoming.. My adult daughter is now her patient.
Thank you for your comment! We are pleased that you have had a good experience with us.
Pompano Beach, FL |
I was afraid when I was first referred to Dr. Almeida but was hopeful that I would have a good diagnosis. Dr. scheduled me for surgery right away and I'm glad that she did. My result was cancer. I have had to undergo chemo but am doing great now. Great prognosis. I was told by my oncologist that if I had waited much longer, the outcome would not have been so good. Thank you Dr. Almeida for all you have done for me and my family.
Thank you for your review. We are extremely happy that you are doing well and had a great experience with us. Best regards to you and your family,
Pompano Beach, FL |
It took 3 weeks to get an appointment with this doctor and as soon as she saw me she said I needed a hysterectomy in 2 days. Could not wait a week even though a very respected doctor advised me that I most likely did not have cancer and my operation could wait a week or two. She is an alarmist and uses fear to motivate patients into scheduling an operation with her. Never read my mri scan but relies on her assistant's notes to make her diagnosis. You should stay away from this doctor.
Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately, cancer can only be diagnosed by tissue samples. Cancer cannot be confirmed or denied without tissue being examined by a pathologist. Please keep that in mind as you move forward with your healthcare needs.
in Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
I saw Dr. Almeida for 10 minutes and she was very condescending , matter of fact and falsely diagnosed me with ovarian cancer . She attempted to immediately schedule me for surgery to have my ovaries taken out because of a cyst. Luckily, I did not heed her advice and the cyst shrank within 3 months. I have since had 2 beautiful children which would not have been here had I listened to this matter of fact diagnosis.. I highly recommend getting another opinion if you see this doctor .
Thank you for your comments. We are very glad to see that you had a positive outcome. Statistically you have beaten the odds. Dr. Almeida only performs surgery on those patients that are medically indicated and has many years of experience in her field.
Palm Beach County, FL |
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Almeida. She is a skilled surgeon and very knowledgeable. She explains everything and answers all questions. She came highly recommended. I felt very confident about her performing the surgery. More importantly, there was no need for a blood transfusion because she's so good. You can call it a bloodless surgery. I highly recommended her.
Thank you for your comments. We are always happy to receive positive feedback from our patients. Best regards-Office Management
Pompano Beach, FL |
Best gynecologic-Oncology that I never met. She was so kind and concern about my health condition. She quickly identify the problem and propose the best options to solve it. After my surgery she follow up efficiently my progress until I was ready to be back to my normal daily activities. Today I don't have any scar and I feel great.
deerfield beach, fl |
very long wait for the first appointment. took two hours to see the DR. I was scheudled for an ultrasound and apparantly the fact that the person in front of me, (I was promised the first appointment) didnt drink all of their water, held up the entire day. There were so many front desk people that there were not enough chairs and nobdy knew what they were doing. Incompetent and not helpful. I would not reccomend to anyone!!!
Thank you for your comments. Our office is very experienced and very competent. As far as the ultrasound, we schedule patients appointments, it is not a first come first serve office. Patients are always taken in the order of their appointment, unless there is a medical emergency. We would be happy to discuss this with you if you would like to contact the office. Best regards-Office Management
I just had robotic surgery and the doctor came and spoke to me for less than two minutes. She is always in a rush and didn't show up at the hospital to discharge me. She didn't write a prescription for pain either. Told the nurse for me to take over the counter motrin or for me to go to her office to pick up a prescription. Really?!? I just had surgery and can't drive. Her staff doesn't return calls and didn't fill out my fmla papers needed for my job. I am sooo dissapointed with this doctor! :(
Thank you for your comment. If you would like to contact us, I would be happy to speak with you to address all of your concerns. Office Management
Have you seen Dr. Zoyla Almeida, MD?

Visit Dr. Almeida