Dr. Zohair Abbas, MD

Dr. Zohair Abbas, MD

Rheumatology  |
Dr. Zohair Abbas, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 41 years old and has been practicing for 16 years.

13325 Hargrave Rd

Houston, TX 77070

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Abbas

See how frequently Dr. Abbas performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoporosis
Autoimmune Diseases
Arthritis

Dr. Abbas's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Rheumatology

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Rheumatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Amyloidosis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Chronic Pain
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Fever
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Limb Swelling
  • Lupus
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Purpura
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Sarcoidosis

• State University Of New York At Buffalo
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Metro Health Hosp/Case Wstn Rsvr University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Abbas has no media or publications listed.

• Gujarati
  • Urdu

Dr. Abbas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abbas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Abbas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abbas to family and friends
Dr. Abbas' Performance
Houston, TX |
Dr. Abbas is very welcoming, kind, and and has excellent bedside manners. He listens, takes his time, and makes sure you are satisfied with your appointment. His staff is very courteous and organized. Love visiting Dr. Abbas office!
in Cypress, TX |
Dr. Abbas is an excellent rheumatologist and MD. His is knowledgeable, thorough, thoughtful and explains medical terms and conditions in laymen's terms. His experience is only exceeded by his outstanding bedside manner. I highly recommend Dr. Abbas for your rheumatology needs.
Houston, TX |
Unsure why so many positive reviews. He promised help and control of my fibromyalgia, ordered an expensive sleep study (I do not have sleep Apnea) and prescribed Gabapentin. Told to increase dose every 3 days but no guidance on max dose. Did not review blood work I brought him, and when I showed him my "FM/A" test results he laughed and threw the results back at me. 2nd visit no exam, offered no support for side effects incl weight gain or swelling. Zero compassion for pain or patient support.
Houston, TX |
The office environment was pleasant and the staff was very efficient. Dr. Abbas was thorough and professional.
in Montgomery, TX |
Great doctor that listens to his patients.
in Houston |
My husband visited Dr. Abbas for Lupus. Within days. a week of seeing him-- my husband's condition had improved from zero to 60! We had left the previous Doctor because he was trying to only determine what was causing my husband's flare ups, rather than treating the actual problem. Dr. Abbas is a great listener, explains it easily and above all a medical professional you can trust. With a help of a dermatologist and Dr. Abbas, we got my husband's flare up under control.
in Cypress, TX |
This was my first visit as a referral to Dr Abbas. I appreciate the time he took to listen, and review my case history. I felt confident about his plan of action, and would be comfortable referring him to others.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Abbas is One Great Doctor. He takes his time with you and listens to what you have to say .very concern about you & your health/pain. He is very through in his exams. I am happy to have him as my RA Doctor. Thank You Dr.'s @ willowbrook sports med. for your recommendation. He's the Best
in Spring TX |
Dr Abbas is very thorough in his examination and takes notes about each observation he makes. On my wife's follow-up visit he referred to his notes to carefully assess the effectiveness of the treatment he prescribed. I found it especially satisfying how he read her face, body language and her ability to grip in order to record accurate scores to the best of his ability. He very well spoken, listens carefully, answers all of our questions. It is clear I could not have found a better doctor
Houston, TX |
Very thorough and detailed. Explained treatment plan well.
in Houston, TX |
Excellent! I had a short but very acceptable wait to be brought back and be seen. Dr Abbas is very open, pleasant and easy to talk to and convenient to my work. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I'm glad that I found out about him.
in Houston, TX |
Outstanding!! He took as much time as was needed & didn't act like he was in a hurry. Explained everything in great detail in away we could understand. Was very pleasant, maintained eye contact plus his countenance was one of confidence and not arrogance as most Dr.'s do.
in Houston, Texas |
This was my first visit with Dr. Abbas a couple of days ago. He took his time, to listen to me, not assume anything about me and came up with an actual diagnosis, which is something 5 previous doctors could never do. He was very straightforward about my treatment plan and suggested a low impact exercise that could help me lose weight and maintain my lifestyle with the new diagnosis. I can now move forward in trying to control the disease process. Thank you Dr. Abbas!!!
in Spring, TX |
Patient, Through, Explains carefully
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Abbas is the most caring doctor I have ever met in my 60 years. He is extremely attentive and will ask you many questions and you will feel is heart felt concern.
in Houston, TX |
Very pleasant and friendly. I was a first-time patient & he took the time to know & understand my current health, history of condition, etc. He did not seem rushed, but patiently & clearly explained what he was thinking. He was not quick to put me on medication until he got lab tests & x-rays from recent years so he can get a better comparison of how my condition has progressed. Thanks to other patients who wrote good reviews, I felt better making an appointment & seeing Dr. Abbas.
in Cypress, TX |
Dr Abbas is very knowledgeable, kind, caring, understanding and he explains everything never seems rushed. couldnt ask for a better Dr.
in Tomball, TX |
He is the most compassionate physician I have ever seen. I have several serious medical condition and Dr. Abbas researches to make sure the meds will not cause problems with the other medical conditions.
in Houston, TX |
Excellent! Dr. Abbas spent great effort to research my past history and lab results in order to understand my complicated illness. Then, he spent time explaining his diagnosis in a very pleasant and easy manner so that I understood. Would definitely recommend him.
in Hemphill, TX |
It is so wonderful to be able to recommend Dr. Abbas. He is by far the best of both worlds; doctor and person. I am so proud that he has opened his own practice. He is so committed to his life of medicine and family. I could go on and on.......... Laretta Sayers 04/13/16
in Cypress, TX |
Dr. Abbas is a great doctor. He explains everything to you and why it is happening. I feel very comfortable with him which is a huge change from my last doctor. I'm so happy that my PCP referred me to him.
in Porter, TX |
Dr. Abbas was very good and very detailed during the examination. I was really impressed with his medical matter.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Abbas is extremely thorough. He asked more questions than any physician I have encountered. He wanted to know everything health related about me. I am a retired registered nurse and appreciate this level of care. Instead of what brings you in he wants to know about about you. Very personable with a great sense of humor.
Polite friendly office staff! Best bed side manner from Dr Abbas! I took my mother to him and I'm a nurse and can't say enough about him! Listens to the patient, extremely thorough. Explained meds in detail. Very caring and kind! Extremely knowledgeable! My mom and I recommend him to everyone.
Have you seen Dr. Zohair Abbas, MD?
Are you Dr. Abbas?