Dr. Zhiyu Wang, MD

Dr. Zhiyu Wang, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |

Contact provider for availability

Dr. Zhiyu Wang, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Tacoma, WA. He is 44 years old. Dr. Wang is affiliated with St. Clare Hospital and St. Joseph Medical Center.

Franciscan Endocrine Associates at St. Joseph

1708 Yakima Ave # 205

Tacoma, WA 98405

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Wang

See how frequently Dr. Wang performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Thyroid Disease
Bone Disorders
high
Hypertension

Dr. Wang's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Wang "Zhiyu Wang, MD, PhD, specializes in general endocrinology and metabolic disorders. Board certified in internal medicine, Dr. Wang provides care for a wide range of conditions that include diabetes, lipid disorders, osteoporosis and glandular conditions such as thyroid, pituitary and adrenal diseases. In addition to his medical degree, he completed a fellowship in endocrinology and holds a PhD in anatomy and cell biology. Dr. Wang listens to patients and thoroughly discusses conditions and treatment options. He believes in making decisions as a team. For his patients who have long-term endocrine conditions, he strives to make sure they have the most current care and live a happy and healthy life."

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Metabolic Disorders
  • Pituitary Disease
  • Thyroid Disease

• Cholesterol Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Shandong Medical University School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Shandong Medical Universityschool Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Huron Hospital
  • Washington University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Wang has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wang's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wang to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Wang's Performance
Seattle, WA |
Was very condescending and unwilling to address the concerns I was sent with. Extremely disappointed in the level of care. This is NOT how an endocrinologist should treat you,
in Enumclaw, WA |
I was referred to Dr. Wang by my physician after finding a series of nodules on my thyroid. Dr. Wong took the time on the first visit to get to know me and to explain every detail of my ultrasound report until I felt confident making the decision on my next stage of care. During my FNA biopsy, he talked me through every step of the way. I barely felt it at all. I highly recommend him to high anxiety patients like myself. Also, his assistant was fabulous, too. Best medical staff I've had in years
in Chehalis, WA |
I ended up changing to another doctor because he just did not want to listen to my concerns.
in Tacoma , WA |
Very attentive.......and knowledgeable.
in Enumclaw, WA |
Dr. Wang has been an amazing doctor with my care. I feel he truly has my health care in control and he cares about what happens. I can't recommend him any higher as he is as professional as they come.
in Puyallup, WA |
I am so blessed to have found Dr. Wang. He is always a pleasure to go and see! He does everything in his power to help me deal with my health issues and we are a great team. My husband is also one of Dr. Wang's patients (with similar great results) and I would highly recommend the good doctor to anyone and have indeed done so. Dr. Wang has made a tremendous difference in my life and I look forward to many years as his patient!!
in Tacoma |
I have been seeing Dr. Wang for 3 years. He wants to work with you. He is very knowledgable. He always spends time and listens to me, never rushes. I fully trust him!
Kent, WA |
Dr Wang is the hospitalist for my mother. He doesn't listen and isn't willing to look beyond the surface.
in Belfair, WA |
Great, takes the time to explain, always very professional, always very pleasant .Recommend him , anytime someone asks about my Doctor.
in Tacoma, Washington |
I've seen Dr. Wang twice now. Each time I left I felt like he didn't listen to a word that I had said. I am currently on this site searching for a better rates endocrinologist. At my last visit I told him I would like to get to the bottom of my current circumstances, rather than using band-aids to cover up the symptoms. To which he replied that basically is not going to happen and instead continue to medicate to counteract symptoms. Frustrating and pointless. I am an RN and know better.....
Have you seen Dr. Zhiyu Wang, MD?
Are you Dr. Wang?

Visit Dr. Wang

Dr. Wang accepts 2 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Special Needs Plan SNP