Dr. Zev Shulkin, MD

Dr. Zev Shulkin, MD

Pediatric Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Zev Shulkin, MD is a pediatric ophthalmology doctor who practices in Dallas, TX. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Shulkin is affiliated with Medical City Dallas and Medical City Children's Hospital and UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy.

7777 Forest Ln Ste C200

Dallas, TX 75230

• AARP
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Mutual of Omaha
  • WellCare

Learn about Dr. Shulkin

See how frequently Dr. Shulkin performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Blind Hypotensive Eye
Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
Visual Field Defects

Dr. Shulkin's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Shulkin "I am dedicated to restoring vision, preventing vision loss, and providing reconstructive options when necessary. We provide patients with a multidisciplinary approach, and a unique ability to take care of patients with orbital and eyelid disease. This allows us to manage these difficult and complex ophthalmologic problems for the benefit of our patients."

• Pediatric Ophthalmology

• Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• Baylor University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Shulkin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shulkin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shulkin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shulkin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shulkin to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Shulkin Says:

Providing a positive patient experience with all aspects of my practice is very important to me and my entire team. We use the patient feedback on sites like Healthgrades to gauge both areas that we can improve upon and as acknowledgement that the care and service provided is appreciated as well. I encourage all current and prospective patients to view not only the survey responses regarding my...

Dr. Shulkin's Performance
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Shulkin has a wonderful bedside manner. I felt like a person instead of a chart number. I went to see Dr. Shulkin because the skin on my eye lids had overgrown pushing my lids into my eyelashes and impairing my vision. As a surgeon he is very talented. Not only did he make my eyes look better, he dramatically improved my quality of life. I highly recommend him for any opthimological surgery needs you may have. Thank you Dr Shulkin! Please keep doing what you do...you do it so well!
in Frisco, TX |
Dr. Shulkin performed a miracle for me last July! He corrected my vision so that I can now drive again! I had thought I was experiencing cataract problems but he said I was having eye focus problems! My eyes were trying to cross. I have depth perception back & I am seeing so much better! Thank you, Dr. Shulkin!
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Shulkin did a great job in diagnosing and treating our son - he was 4 months old and had strabismus. He was very patient and thoughtful with us and did not push surgical treatment, which I view as a strong positive. I highly recommend him for anyone looking for an opthalmologist. We were lucky to find him because he came highly recommended within the Dallas physician community (I am a physician as well).
in Garland, TX |
I had terrible left eyelid droopiness after a Botox injection. I went to see Dr Shulkin and he gave me drops to alleviate my problem. I can now have a normal eyelid until the Botox wears off.
Dallas, TX |
So happy I had this procedure done. I'm very happy with the results! I would definitely recommend Dr Shulkin!
in The Colony, TX |
We were referred by our ophtho after our son had been diagnosed by others with psuedotumor. Dr. Shulkin was impatient, dismissive, and at one point spoke to me alone insinuating that our son was making it all up. I was speechless. He hadn't reviewed the MRI or MRV but said that he would. He had good interactions with other patients, but not us. Don't use for neuro-ophthalmology. My son has now been diagnosed with a CSF leak at UT Southwestern. With treatment his vision has thankfully returned.
Dallas, TX |
Our family loves Dr. Shulkin. He immediately noticed a problem with my daughters eyes at 8 months old. He performed a minor surgery on her that worked immediately (clogged tear ducts) and got her in glasses for her vision and crossing. Since then, we have had another surgery for her eyes crossing and the results are just perfect! Dr. Shulkin always take a conservative approach to surgery, but in my daughter's case - she needed the surgery and it was the very best decision. We highly recomme
in Keller, TX |
Dr. Shulkin and his staff are fantastic. The strabismus surgery he did was life-changing. I had strabismus that hadn't been diagnosed for many years as an adult. I had difficulty feeling confident when interacting with people. My depth perception was nearly non-existent. I had trouble driving. After Dr. Shulkin operated on my eyes, my eyes were restored to normal. I treasure my normal functioning eyes. If you're hesitant like I was to undergo surgery, rest easy; this man's a great,precise doctor
in Dallas, TX |
Horrible man that should not be practicing surgery on teens. He lied and told my son that he had to have surgery, botched the surgery, didn't apologize and instead blamed the dr my son had as an infant. -My son went through a lot of bulling by kids and adults as a result of how his eyes look. Disappointed doesn't cover the feelings I have towards this horrid man. His staff are also rude and unprofessional...not a surprise there..
in Longview, Texas |
Dr Shulkin I would like to thank you for the surgery you did on my left eye. I could not close the eyelid and have been able to close it ever since the surgery. You are a Great Doctor! William E Meekins, Master Sergeant USAF, Retired. Longview, Texas.
in Dallas |
Doctor Zev Shulkin is my doctor, in my experiences with him over the years I found him to be one of the best professional doctors, he is an artist with cancer reconstruction very patient, caring and wonderful. Thank you doctor Shulkin.
in Waxahachie, TX |
Wonderful Doctor. Caring. Takes time to listen. Always prompt and always available
in Fort Worth, Tx |
He is very rude, doesn't listen to what you are telling is going on, very dismissive of things going on. I clearly have issues with my eye sight and both times I have seen him, even with obvious evidence he has told me idk doesn't seem like anything is wrong. The issue I went in to see him about on my last visit he didn't even address or examine me for what I was there for. I would never go to see him if you want answers and to be treated like you are important
Have you seen Dr. Zev Shulkin, MD?
Are you Dr. Shulkin?