Dr. Zeeshan Ahmad, MD

Dr. Zeeshan Ahmad, MD

Interventional Spine Medicine  ·
Dr. Zeeshan Ahmad, MD is an interventional spine medicine specialist in Rockford, IL and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from Dow Med Coll in 1990 and specializes in interventional spine medicine, pain medicine, and more.Read his story

5875 E Riverside Blvd

Rockford, IL 61114

• HAP Insurance
  • HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Ahmad

See how frequently Dr. Ahmad performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spondylitis
Spine Disorders
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Ahmad's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Ahmad's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Ahmad "I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you more about myself, my training, and how I became committed to healthcare. My family immigrated to Pakistan from India, where my father worked his way through college to earn a degree in engineering. From a very early age my father stressed upon me the importance of education. His commitment to achieving his own degree made a deep and lasting impression on me. Though my father was a strong influence in guiding me toward a medical career, it was our family physician who was the role model sparking the true inspiration and interest inside me to follow this path. I pursued my early training in Karachi, Pakistan where I earned my undergraduate degree at Dow Medical College. I then completed a first internship in Internal Medicine at Civil Hospital, and an additional internship in surgery at the Institute of Urology and Transplantation before moving to the United States to continue my studies. Upon relocating, I completed a four-year residency program at Louisiana State University in New Orleans where I trained in physical medicine and rehabilitation. After completing my residency, I pursued further specialization through a three-year fellowship in Orthopedics, Spine, Sports and Musculoskeletal Medicine with specific experience and training in Interventional Pain Management at Portner Orthopedic Rehabilitation, Inc., in Honolulu, Hawaii. At OrthoIllinois, I bring over eleven years' of clinical experience in the conservative treatment of spine pain utilizing physical therapy, medicine and injection techniques. I appreciate the trust you have placed in me to help you on the road to recovery and look forward to working together to build an appropriate treatment plan for your specific needs. Sincerely,Zeeshan Ahmad, MD"

This content was provided by Dr. Ahmad "It is my practice philosophy to help each patient return to their lifestyle goals through non-surgical treatments whenever possible. To reach this goal, I begin with a thorough patient history to help better understand the factors influencing the patient's condition. This review of medical history is followed by a physical examination for further anatomical detection of the pain source."

• Interventional Spine Medicine

• Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
  • Chronic Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Spondylosis
  • Tendon Injuries
  • Upper Back Pain

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Dow Med Coll
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • Louisana State U
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Portner Orthopedic Rehabilitation Inc
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Ahmad has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ahmad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ahmad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ahmad's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ahmad

3.7

Dr. Ahmad?
Dr. Ahmad's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Zeeshan Ahmad, MD
Knowledgeable and willing to share information which I find many doctors do not do. Willing to go into detail as to what would work and why other options would not. I was pleased with the doctors manner and would recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zeeshan Ahmad, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Ahmad because of long-standing neck and back pain. The over-the-counter pain medications I have been taking for years are less and less effective. I went into this visit prepared with information regarding medication history, my exercise regimen, & other info downloaded from...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zeeshan Ahmad, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ahmad?