Dr. Zalman Levine, MD

Dr. Zalman Levine, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility  |

Dr. Zalman Levine, Co-Director of Fertility Institute, is a Board-certified specialist in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI). His clinical expertise encompasses all areas of assisted reproduction including ovulation induction, intrauterine insemination (IUI), in vitro fertilization (IVF), preimplantation genetic testing (PGD and PGS), and oocyte cryopreservation (egg freezing) for fertility preservation. Dr. Levine was recruited by the Fertility Institute in 2002 to provide our patients with the most advanced reproductive technologies. Prior to joining our team, he served as Clinical and Research Fellow at Harvard University alongside prominent leaders in the REI field, teaching reproductive medicine and surgery at Harvard Medical School and at the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. He has performed pioneering research, presented at national conferences, published in the medical literature, and received many academic awards for his research, teaching, and surgical skill. Before beginning his medical career, Dr. Levine studied at Yeshiva University's theological seminary and is an ordained rabbi who lectures widely on the interface between assisted reproduction and religion. Dr. Levine has been recognized by patients and colleagues for his caring and warmth, clinical innovation, attention to detail, ability to explain and communicate medical concepts in an understandable and sensitive way, and success in helping people become parents. Through his years of educational and professional experience, Dr. Levine has developed a depth of knowledge and expertise in all aspects of reproductive endocrinology, as well as a deeply personal humanitarian approach to his patients. His experience includes: Yeshiva University – Bachelor of Arts in English Literature, magna cum laude, 1988 Yeshiva University – Rabbinic Ordination, 1991 Albert Einstein College of Medicine – Doctor of Medicine, 1995 Albert Einstein College of Medicine – Resident in Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1995-1999 Albert Einstein College of Medicine – Administrative Chief Resident, 1998-1999 Harvard Medical School – Fellow in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, 1999-2002 Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women's Hospital – Clinical Fellow, Division of Reproductive Medicine, 1999-2002 Harvard Medical School, Boston Children's Hospital – Research Fellow, Department of Surgery, 2001-2002 Harvard Medical School – Instructor for Endocrinology course and clerkship seminars, 1999-2002 Massachusetts Medical Society – Ethics Committee member, 2001-2002 New York Medical College – Assistant Professor, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, 2002-2008 Fertility Institute of New Jersey and New York – Attending Physician 2002, Director of Ambulatory Surgery since 2008, Co-Director since 2013 Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists since 2005 Diplomate of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology since 2004, in Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, elected 1995

Fertility Institute of New Jersey

680 Kinderkamack Rd Ste 200

Oradell, NJ 07649

• Amerihealth
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Devon Health
  • Health Net
  • MagnaCare
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Levine

Dr. Levine's Experience

Dr. Levine's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

This content was provided by Dr. Levine "When I help people become parents, I offer them the most advanced techniques of reproductive science, but I also believe it critically important to do so within a framework of emotional support, attentiveness, and warmth. I treat my patients as family, watching out for them as I guide them through the appropriate fertility treatments, fighting for their success, and never giving up until they realize their dream of parenthood."

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

• Excessive Menstrual Bleeding
  • Female Infertility
  • Infertility
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages

• Hysteroscopy
  • In Vitro Fertilization
  • Infertility Treatment
  • Intra Uterine Insemination
  • Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
  • Ovulation Induction
  • Preimplantion Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
  • Sperm Cryopreservation
  • Tubal Ligation Reversal
  • Ultrasound, Transvaginal

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Yeshiva University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1988
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1996
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Harvard University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Levine has no media or publications listed.

• Hebrew

Dr. Levine does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Levine and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Levine's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Levine to family and friends
Dr. Levine's Performance
New Jersey |
Dr. Levine and his staff are absolutely amazing. Due to his expertise, I have 3 healthy and beautiful children. It has been a long road, but his staff and he have been there for my family every step of the way.
in Rockaway, NJ |
Dr. Levine was a breath of fresh air. His calm and positive demeanor was so reassuring to us. We had just had a horrible experience with a different fertility doctor and were skeptical. But wow am I glad we found Dr. Levine! He is so knowledgeable and never in a rush while spending time with a patient. We had a successful IVF transfer and I am currently 8 months pregnant thanks to this amazing doctor. I can't wait to see him again when we do our next transfer.
Bergenfield, NJ |
Dr Levine and his entire staff are the most compassionate group of people that I have ever met. They have spent so much time with us and eased our worries. We are so grateful for all that they have done and happy to say that our dream has finally come true thanks to Dr Levine!
in Monroe, NY |
Dr. Levine and his staff provide an incredible experience that surely ease the ride through infertility. His friendly warm smile, and tons of patience to listen, made us feel like the only patients today. While the waiting room outside can be loaded.. He is highly experienced and professional, so you can trust him blindly. Lastly, his staff is caring and friendly, providing amazing relief no matter the outcome.
he is an excellent Dr. friendly, and extremely calm. he does not leave the room until you understand everything.
in North Arlington |
I don't know if I will ever be able to find the right words to describe how amazing Dr. Levine and his entire staff are, but I am going to try. My wife and I really wanted to start a family, and we wanted to work with a practice that had helped lesbian couples. From the moment I contacted them, to the moment of conception, the entire office was enthusiastic, excited, loving, informative, and everything in between. My expectations were blown away. Dr. Levine, Ashley and I LOVE YOU! Thank you!
Hawthorne, NJ |
We spent several months with a previous facility that felt like I was part of a factory, but Dr. Levine showed me a much better experience. He took the time to get to know me and my family and he did all of the morning monitoring appointments (with a much more reasonable wait time than I was used to). I never felt rushed, and we were almost disappointed when our first round of treatment was successful, because we liked Dr. Levine and his staff so much! I can't recommend him enough!!
Englewood, NJ |
I cannot say enough about the care Dr. Levine provides his patients. My fertility journey was long and complicated, but his professionalism and sincere investment in treating me helped make a difficult process feel manageable. Over the four years I worked with him, he stayed optimistic and compassionate and it made all the difference. Dr. Levine and his staff truly exceptional.
in Park Ridge, NJ |
Dr. Levine is very kind, compassionate, & caring. Always positive and smiling.
in Wanaque, NJ |
Wonderful! Dr. Levine and staff made our time with the Fertility Institute a stress free experience. We trusted Dr. Levine's expertise every steps of the process and are now blessed with a little one on the way at our first attempt with IVF! We could not be happier.
in New York City |
The most caring kind and compassionate doctor who puts humanity and sensitivity before science and medicine Highly recommend Dr. Levine for egg freezing And I can imagine how superb he is at all Fertility related procedures. He's brilliant honest and a true mentch who respects his patients and cared to help them achieve a healthy and lasting pregnancy
in Glen Ridge, NJ |
As members of the LGBTQ community, my wife & I didn’t know where to start when we decided we wanted to expand our family. Dr. Levine and his staff provided the information we wanted, had reasonable fees, and did not pressure us into any treatments we didn’t want. Everyone was always friendly and professional, answered all of our questions and took the time to make sure we were comfortable and understood everything. We will be back when we are ready to grow our family again.
Jersey City, NJ |
We were introduced to Dr. Levine by my ObGyn. The minute we met him, we knew we were in the best hands. He was immediately compassionate, and held a very personalized consultation. Each and every step along the way Dr. Levine was not only present, but genuinely displayed a vested interest in helping our dreams come true. His bedside manor and commitment to his patients is truly remarkable. We are now 9 weeks pregnant and just graduated from his treatment, it is both bitter and sweet!!
in chestnut ridge |
Dr. Levine is the most warm caring and knowledgeable reproductive endocrinologist. He and his staff are always so kind and helpful. No matter how many questions I have or how many obstacles we met along the way, they were always there to reassure me and guide me. D recommend Dr. Levine to everyone.
I was nervous about beginning infertility treatments. Once I went to my first appointment with Dr. Levine, I knew I needn't have been. Dr. Levine's warmth and sensitivity, coupled with his extensive medical knowledge made me immediately comfortable. He and his staff were always cheerful and empathetic which I appreciated so much on this difficult journey. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Levine and his staff!
in Pomona, NY |
Dr. Levine is the most caring and knowledgeable reproductive endocrinologist. He and his staff are always so kind and helpful. No matter how many questions I have or how many obstacles we met along the way, they were always there to reassure me and guide me. Dr. Levine is thorough and really is attuned to the patient's needs. I recommend Dr. Levine to everyone.
in New York |
Dr. Levine is an expert in his field and he is also the most wonderful human being I ever met. After four unsuccessful IVF treatments at other clinics, I got pregnant after only two months in dr. Levine's care, on my second IUI! I can never thank him enough for what he did for me and highly recommend him and his staff to anyone fighting infertility. You will be in the hands of an excellent doctor who truly cares about his patients.
in NY |
Dr Levine is one of the nicest doctor I have ever met. Always with a smile and a positive word. He made the whole process so much easier. I would highly recommend him!!!!!
I was so happy when I met Dr. Levine, as he is an expert in reproductive endocrinology & infertility, but more importantly he cared for me as a person, not just a patient. He is very knowledgeable, even with my complex medical history, & he was with me and my husband every step of the way - he even called me after my procedures to see how I was recovering! You get individualized attention from the moment you walk in the office & you feel part of the FINJNY family. I can't recommend him enough!
Closter, NJ |
I had been trying on my own for 6 months when I went to Dr. Levine. He did a few tests to be sure everything was normal, and after that he told me that I should be able to conceive naturally. He monitored me for 3 months and never pushed an intervention; he recommended just monitoring. And he was right! 3 months later I had gotten pregnant. He then monitored the pregnancy weekly for the first 7 weeks, until I had an appointment with my regular ob. Dr. Levine was always upbeat and friendly!
in Teaneck, NJ |
My experience at Dr. Levine with all of their staff was incredible. I was never kept waiting long, ever. I always felt apart of the process and like he had my best interests truly in mind. After a few failed procedures and spending lots and lots of money he and his team made sure I was comfortable and could afford my IVF treatment which I believe played a huge roll in my success!
Ridgewood, NJ |
Dr. Levine is amazing!! Not only does he always remember us by name and asks about our daughter, but he is so clear and positive every time we meet with him! He is extremely knowledgeable and always makes us feel comfortable each step of the way.
Have you seen Dr. Zalman Levine, MD?
Are you Dr. Levine?

Visit Dr. Levine

Dr. Levine accepts 12 insurance carriers
    Aetna PPO
  • Amerihealth
    Amerihealth HMO
    Amerihealth PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Devon Health

Hackensack, NJ 07601
Holy Name Medical Center
718 Teaneck Rd
Teaneck, NJ 07666

More Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialists like Dr. Levine at Fertility Institute of New Jersey

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialist