Dr. Zahra Afshari, MD

Dr. Zahra Afshari, MD

Neurology | Female

Neurology at the Glen 2634 Patriot Blvd # C Glenview, IL 60026 Get Directions

You need to dedicate time and commitment to figuring out a patient complaint. That's why patients get a full hour for all visits. I am available to them at all times. Overall, my patients do much better that those who have gone to system Neurologists as they have my complete dedicated time and attention and follow-through.

Glenview Woman of Today Scholarship in high school; female most likely to succeed. Bachelor of Science in Microbiology and Immunology and Bachelor of Arts in Near Eastern Studies from University of Michigan. Medical School at the University of Illinois at Chicago with a General Assembly Scholarship. Preliminary Internal Medicine and Neurology residency at University of Michigan. Clinical Neurophysiology fellowship, subspecialty epilepsy and neuromuscular and EEG/EMG at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Then worked for 5 year in Northshore hospital systems, including being Chairman of Neurology and Director of Resident Education in Neurology at one system, to only realize I can only provide optimal patient care and advocacy in private practice and not under the constraints and limitations of system-based community hospitals.

Dr. Afshari's Experience

See how Dr. Afshari's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Afshari

Dr. Afshari accepts 33 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Afshari has admitting privileges.

Dr. Afshari's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Afshari to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Afshari's Performance
in Evanston, IL |
Excellent physician. What I love about her is that she listens carefully to every word, makes the proper recommendation caringly.
in Northbrook, IL |
I was referred to Dr. Afshari after several other doctors were unable to diagnose my increasing sciatic pain. Dr. Afshari took a complete history and immediately ordered a pelvic MRI, which revealed a large mass. It turned out to be a malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor, requiring chemotherapy, radiation, and extremely complicated surgery. Although these treatments were all conducted by other doctors, Dr. Afshari stayed in touch throughout and helped me immensely. She is THE BEST
in Des Plaines, IL |
Dr Afshari is a neurologist who cares & makes a difference in the quality of life for patients coping with pain. In my case, her tests showed me what nerves were damaged after a serious fracture & that they showed signs of healing. This gave me hope & confidence. Months later, I no longer needed pills & I was returning to normal.
Dr. Afshari has been the primary doctor managing my care for a back injury and headaches for several years now. She takes the time to listen and understand the individual situation and symptoms, and applies her knowledge to gain a more in-depth understanding of the pain / injury. She uses several diagnostic and treatment options, and includes me in the process of devising and updating the plan as we go. I am very comfortable with my care being managed by her.
in Glenview, IL |
Dr. Afshari is excellent in every way possible. She is the best of the best. She is brilliant and extremely knowledgeable. She is easy to talk to and her "bedside manner" is top notch. I recommend her to everyone I encounter when the subject of health topics is broached. If a person reading this is looking for a neurologist, look no further.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr.Afshari is personable and has the best bedside manner. She makes herself available where most doctors would not. She takes the time to explain everything without making you feel inept for even asking in the first place! :)
in Chicago, IL |
I had back pain that shot in my leg and had developed new numbness of my foot. She scheduled me during her lunch to be able to get me in sooner. After she looked at me she noticed that my feet were weak (I hadn't noticed this). She told me that she was afraid that I would have a large disc at L5 that may need surgery. She then called the MRI place & had me go directly there; large disc L5 pushing on the nerves & three days later surgery done. I have no words for this type of doctoring. God-sent.
in Glenview, IL |
Very beautiful office with easy parking. Office staff/Front desk personal were very friendly and accommodating. Wait was not long at all, after I finished paperwork I was seen right away. Dr. Afshari was very friendly and thorough. As soon as I saw her I was put to ease. She was very personable and pleasant and would highly recommend her to family and friends.
in Glenview, IL |
I started going to Dr. Afshari about a year ago for nerve pain radiating down my leg. As soon as I met her I felt very at ease!. She is such a caring physician and is a great listener. When I see her I never feel rushed. Dr. Afshari is very thorough and methodical. She writes notes for me about our treatment plan and has helped me with my pain. She has prescribed medications that have helped my pain tremendously!. I would highly recommend her!. I would give her 6 stars if I could!
in Chicago, IL |
I visited Dr.Afshari after having severe neck and arm radicular pain as well as numbness and weakness in my left arm. She provided a correct diagnosis and sent me to an urgent MRI C spine that indicated a large cervical disc compromising left neural foramina. She was given a steroid pack and recommended bed rest in an attempt to prevent surgical intervention. I am glad I did not listen to other doctors for surgical approach. After 12 sessions of PT , I feel much better now.
in Tinley Park, IL |
Dr. Afshari is the 1st neurologist I've had in 4 years that actually took the time to understand my MS. She is extremely professional, personable, and helpful. I drive an hour each way just to see her as my neurologist because of how well she has treated me as a patient and a person.
in Chicago, IL |
Extremely knowledgeable, explains and outlines her plan for you in plain English. Creates a relationship with the patient that makes you feel like she cares and doesn't just forget about you until your next appointment.
in Prospect Heights, IL |
I would recommend Dr. Afshari to anyone that needs a reliable neurologist. She sits down with you and writes out a specific plan for me to follow. Also, very knowledgeable outside her field. Titration plans she writes out for me specifically to follow has been an improvement in my life. She returns your calls and really shows that she cares. She recommended me to test for sleep apnea, and I have been diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea, and so I got a cpap machine to improve my sleep.
in Chicago, IL |
I am 59 & in all my years I have never met a Doctor like Dr. Afshari. She's a perfect example of what a Doctor should be like. She treats her patients like patients & her practice like a practice, not a business. She is very thorough & concise & explains things in a way that is easily understood. My appointments with her have never been hurried & her bedside manner is second to none. She is very down to earth & very easy to talk to. She has helped me more than I could have ever imagined.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Afshari was the only Doctor who had the knowledge and skill to correctly diagnose my neurological disorder. Prior, to seeing Dr. Afshari, I spent months going from Doctor to Doctor trying to get a correct diagnosis and medication, without any success. Dr. Afshari is very conscientious and patient. I highly recommend Dr. Afshari!!!
in Palatine ILLINOIS |
I have seen many doctors over the last year. Dr.Afshari is unique and takes the time to listen and genuinely care for you. My personal opinion is that allot of doctors dont think outside of the box. I always feel we have a focused game plan after I leave her office. She has been my quarterback and highly recommend her and her friendly staff.
in Roselle, IL |
Dr. Afshari is truly a one in a million! She is extremely knowledgeable and always strives to get to the root of the problem. She is so compassionate and wants to help everyone. She has helped me tremendously and continues to monitor any and every one of my concerns. Her kindness is very rare. I don't think a 5 star rating is nearly enough. Dr. Afshari is EXCELLENT!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr.Afshari had helped me more than she will ever know. She is compassionate and takes her time getting to know her patients and exactly what they are going through. She truly wants to get to the bottom of everything and that is why she is fantastic! Cannot recommend her enough.
in Schaumburg, IL |
One of the most caring doctors I have seen in my entire life! I'm a bit of a hypochondriac so I have seen many MDs over the years and she is by far the best! Dr Afshari treats you like family everytime you visit her. She works constantly with you and your medical team to help in any way she can. She is light years ahead regarding patient care and truly goes above and beyond every appointment! She is also educated at the best schools and holds multiple board certifications. Definitely recommend
in Northbrook, IL |
Spends an hour for visit; no other doctor does that. Not only is she brilliant she is so caring . Down to earth. Explains things so you understand. Office gorgeous open well lit. No one else compares.
in Northbrook, IL |
Dr. Afshari is a very efficient and compassionate doctor!! She is very effective in listening and obtain necessary information to ensure an accurate diagnosis. I am very grateful for all her efforts in diagnosing and treating my health issues.
Have you seen Dr. Zahra Afshari, MD?
Are you Dr. Afshari?

Compare Dr. Afshari

}

Dr. Afshari says...

Dr. Afshari's Care Philosophy

Dr. Afshari says...

Headaches. Neck and Low back pain. Radicular pain. Numbness/Tingling/Burning. Dizziness and Vertigo. Memory loss and dementia. Tremors and Parkinsons disease. Insomnia. Seizures and epilepsy. Stroke.

Dr. Afshari's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  Board certified in Clinical Neurophysiology and Neurology

Dr. Afshari has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Afshari's Board Certifications

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

Completed in 2010

University of Michigan / Ann Arbor

Graduated in 2001

• Farsi

Dr. Afshari does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Afshari and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology