Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD

CardiologyMaleAge 55

Cardiology

Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD is a Cardiology Specialist in Phoenix, AZ and has over 32 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Akkad has extensive experience in Heart Conditions. He graduated from University of Aleppo in 1990. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Abrazo Arizona Heart Hospital and Abrazo Central Campus. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD

Banner University Medical Group

1111 E McDowell Rd Phoenix, AZ 85006
Telehealth services available
Telehealth services available

Compare with other Cardiology Specialists

Compare Dr. Akkad with our nearby Cardiology Specialists at MAYO.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of MAYO.

Dr. Akkad's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Akkad

4.761904761904762%

Dr. Akkad

I have had Dr. Akkad around 10 or 12 years he has kept me going with my heart problems he is very up front and very honest with you he is the best I would recommend him to anyone
Wayland L Barnett – Sep 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
I have visited Dr. Akkad on several critical occasions regarding a serious heart valve issue. Dr. Akkad advocated for me to have heart valve replacement via catheter instead of open heart. I made a tremendous, quick recovery and he will be my heart doctor for life!!! This past week, I met for a follow-up with with Katie Minor PAC and she is wonderful and extremely informative as well. If you are looking for a great team, this is it!! Thanks, Katie and Dr. Akkad!!
Michael Shelton – Mar 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Dr. Akkad and Katie Miner really knocked it out of the park for my husband. We live in a remote part of Alaska and recently had a "cardiac event" We were able to get to AZ and in with Dr. Akkad and Katie Miner in record time, schedule an angiogram, echocardiogram, in record time. They also take care of my Dad. They are thoughtful, thorough, efficient and caring. I can't say enough great things about their team. We will continue tp travel thousands of miles to be treated by Affiliated Cardiologists. Y
Mar 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Dr Akkad saved my life After 3 yrs with 2 other cardiologist telling me I am just out of shape I finally demanded a calcification test fro cardiologist #2 and that finally started their concern. After one attempt by Cardiologist #2 to place a sten and failed I went to see DR Akkad on a Monday and Tuesday he had me in for a successful stent. In one day he knew he had to do this immediately
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Luis Salazar – Aug 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
I was admitted to Banner Estrella on Fathers Day 2020 with chest pains. Long story short, I had 100% blockage in main artery. DR.Akkad was called in for evaluation and decided to do a heart catheterization on the following day. My condition worsend that evening and he was called back in. He explained everything thoroughly and I received a life saving stent soon after. My wife was not allowed in hospital because of Covid 19. He contacted her personally after procedure as he promised me he would. I would recommend him strongly. A stent was put in on Sunday PM and I was home feeling fine on Tuesday afternoon! I went to my followup appointment the next week at his offices and was very impressed with his staff and his explanation of procedure, medications, etc. He has a genuine concern for my health and future. Michael Bevill
Michael Bevill – Jul 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
On Sunday June 21, 2020 I had a heart attack, everything started at around noon with some mild pain on my arm and chest, I checked my blood pressure and the reading was very high 165/95 but the pain went away. At around 4 pm I proceeded to check my blood pressure again and this time was 165/105. And I had the chest and arm pain again but way worse at this point I told my wife "LET'S GO TO THE HOSPITAL I'M HAVING A HEART ATTACK ". We drove to Banner Estrella Hospital that only five miles away from home, as I arrived to the hospital emergency area, medical staff tried to take my blood pressure, but their equipment would not read my BP and immediately they did and EKG after that they moved me to a different room were they prepared me for a stent placement Dr Akkad showed up and explained to me what was going on, he did a wonderful job saving my life at the hospital and him and his staff at the clinic are doing an excellent job taking care of me after my discharged from the hospital.
ERNESTO CONTRERAS – Jul 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Dr. Akkad and PA Katie Minor are just about fantastic. I would highly recommend them and Affiliated Cardiologists. My sister is a patient and she was always talking about how much she liked Dr. Akkad and Katie Minor. When I needed a new Cardiologist I immediately contacted them and made an appointment. So glad I did and so is my new heart valve!
David Weatherholt – Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Dr/ Akkad has been my doctor since 2007 and I wouldn't have another. He and his office staff are so sweet and kind. If you need a great caring, understanding doctor he should be your choice for the care you need.
Vicki Poole – Dec 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Dr. Akkad is the most patient-centric physician I've had the pleasure of dealing with in Arizona. He obviously knows his business; most physicians do. What sets him apart from the rest is his genuine interest and concern for each patient. He took time to thoroughly explain my son's situation in lay terms we could both understand. It was very refreshing to have a doctor take time to listen to our questions and concerns. Then addressed each question and concern in a personal manor. He responded in such a way we knew he had truly listened to us. It was great being treated as a person and not just another cow in the herd.
William Allen – Sep 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
I was considering back surgery and had an EKG done to get the ball rolling. When Katherine Minor, PA-C, saw the results, the word "abnormal" was mentioned! Over the next several days, the pain in my chest was constant, and I went to the ER for treatment! A second EKG was done, and it abnormal! Dr Zaher Akkad was notified and another EKG was started! Shortly, a "Code Red, Room 12 was announced." The nurse told me that I was having a heart attack, and I was moved to the ICU. When Dr Akkad arrived, I was moved to another treatment room, and sedated. A stent was inserted into one of the main arteries in my heart, and blood-flow returned to near normal conditions. After the procedure, Dr Akkad told my wife that I had a 99% blockage in the "Widow Maker" artery! Was I lucky? Maybe, but I also had a terrific team that was lead by Dr Zaher Akkad. I came away thinking that Dr Akkad and PA-C Katherine Minor are true superstars who work extraordinarily well together! I highly recommend them!
David B. Reese – Jul 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Dr. Zaher Akkad deserve a Gold-Star for being an excellent cardiologist and an Outstanding human being. (outstanding human being) Imagine finding out that you need heart surgery when you do not have health insurance. I was lucky to have my surgery preformed by Dr. Akkad, and would confidently recommend him and his staff to anyone.
John Shakibaian in phoenix, AZ – Apr 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
I'm grateful for Dr. Akkad and his assistant Katie for saving me from a heart attack. I'm a 62 yr old guy with no previous cardiovascular history. My only symptom was a feeling of pressure or tightness in my chest when doing cardio exercises at the gym. More annoying than anything. I aced the stress test which didn't explain my symptoms, then a angiogram revealed I had 3 blocked coronary arteries over 80 %. Needless to say, I owe them both my life. Pay attention to your body. Thanks guys !
JT in Phoenix, AZ – Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
I generally dont like Doctors. I would say I am probably a difficult patient at times because Im stubborn and I dont like being told what i can and cant do. I liked Dr. Akkad , and Katie Minor immediately. Both Dr. Akkad and Katie are very easy to talk to and discuss things with. I wish only that I had found them sooner. All of the office staff has always been professional and friendly. I would highly recommend Dr. Akkad and his staff.
Rick Copeland in Phoenix, AZ – Mar 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Dr.Akkad And Katie Minor are very good at what they do. They Take the time to answer ALL of your questions and are very thorough when going over procedures or test results. Katie has a genuine compassionate nature and is very caring.
Bruce in Phoenix, AZ – Mar 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Dr. Akkad is very professional and personable. He listens and takes a proactive approach to my heart condition. I trust his judgement and that he does not take a "wait and see" attitude toward my ongoing heart condition. It's been 6 years and a week since I was wheeled into emergency and he put a stent into my heart and I am fortunate to find a doctor and his P.A. Katie Minor who both work toward my well being.
Kim L in Glendale, AZ – Mar 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Dr. Akkad is an amazing cardiologist that really went the extra mile to help my husband. He is very knowledgeable and works with his patients to ensure their understanding of their condition and the treatment plan. We couldn't have asked for a better doctor.
Avondale, AZ – Jan 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Akkad since 2006, and he saved my life. I have returned to him ever since. He is very kind and patient, and takes the time to explain procedures and outcomes. At one point my insurance no longer had Dr. Akkad as a provider (which was very disappointing) but shortly after I was able to find a plan which made him available to me and it was quite a relief. I would recommend him to anyone in need of a Cardiologist.
Robert L. Wagner in Phoenix, AZ – Jan 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
If you're looking for compassion, straight forward and excellence look no further. Dr Zaher will get the results your looking for and your expectations you desire in a heart doctor, God Bless
Guy E Romero Jr in Laveen, AZ – Dec 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Had I not been referred to Dr Akkad, I would have had a multi-bypass surgery performed. The previous cardiologist said it was “the only thing that would help”. WRONG!! Dr Akkad, on the first visit, listened, recommended a couple tests, and during the followup appointment said no to any surgery!! He knew how to handle my issue with a couple prescriptions... and to this date, still no surgery needed. I’m so thankful for this man.
Carol A in Maricopa, AZ – Dec 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Absolute best in Cardilogy field and I have met several because of immediate family members. Always provides complete explanations, takes time to make sure the person understands, never rushes a patient and always allows question. I so thankful I was referred to Dr Akkad! The overall medical field needs more like him.
Pam in Maricopa, AZ – Dec 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Akkad?