Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD is a cardiology specialist in Phoenix, AZ and has been practicing for 15 years. He specializes in cardiology.

Affiliated Cardiologists of Arizona

New Patient?
    • Sat: closed

Dr. Akkad's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Akkad

Dr. Akkad?
Dr. Akkad's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD
Dr. Zaher Akkad deserve a Gold-Star for being an excellent cardiologist and an Outstanding human being. (outstanding human being) Imagine finding out that you need heart surgery when you do not have health insurance. I was lucky to have my surgery preformed by Dr. Akkad, and would confidently recommend him and his staff to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
I'm grateful for Dr. Akkad and his assistant Katie for saving me from a heart attack. I'm a 62 yr old guy with no previous cardiovascular history. My only symptom was a feeling of pressure or tightness in my chest when doing cardio exercises at the gym. More annoying than anything. I aced the stress test which didn't explain my symptoms, then a angiogram revealed I had 3 blocked coronary arteries over 80 %. Needless to say, I owe them both my life. Pay attention to your body. Thanks guys !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
I generally dont like Doctors. I would say I am probably a difficult patient at times because Im stubborn and I dont like being told what i can and cant do. I liked Dr. Akkad , and Katie Minor immediately. Both Dr. Akkad and Katie are very easy to talk to and discuss things with. I wish only that I had found them sooner. All of the office staff has always been professional and friendly. I would highly recommend Dr. Akkad and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Dr.Akkad And Katie Minor are very good at what they do. They Take the time to answer ALL of your questions and are very thorough when going over procedures or test results. Katie has a genuine compassionate nature and is very caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Dr. Akkad is very professional and personable. He listens and takes a proactive approach to my heart condition. I trust his judgement and that he does not take a "wait and see" attitude toward my ongoing heart condition. It's been 6 years and a week since I was wheeled into emergency and he put a stent into my heart and I am fortunate to find a doctor and his P.A. Katie Minor who both work toward my well being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
After 3 years of seeing two other cardiologist with no good results I finally did some research of cardiologist and with a recommendation from a friend I saw DR Akkad that looked at my testing so far and in 24 hours had me at Banner hospital for a stent on an artery that was 99% clogged. How the other cardiologist took there time I do not know but Dr Akkad pretty much might have saved my life. I would recommend him 100 % He explains, takes his time and knows what he is doing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Dr. Akkad is an amazing cardiologist that really went the extra mile to help my husband. He is very knowledgeable and works with his patients to ensure their understanding of their condition and the treatment plan. We couldn't have asked for a better doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Akkad since 2006, and he saved my life. I have returned to him ever since. He is very kind and patient, and takes the time to explain procedures and outcomes. At one point my insurance no longer had Dr. Akkad as a provider (which was very disappointing) but shortly after I was able to find a plan which made him available to me and it was quite a relief. I would recommend him to anyone in need of a Cardiologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
If you're looking for compassion, straight forward and excellence look no further. Dr Zaher will get the results your looking for and your expectations you desire in a heart doctor, God Bless
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Had I not been referred to Dr Akkad, I would have had a multi-bypass surgery performed. The previous cardiologist said it was “the only thing that would help”. WRONG!! Dr Akkad, on the first visit, listened, recommended a couple tests, and during the followup appointment said no to any surgery!! He knew how to handle my issue with a couple prescriptions... and to this date, still no surgery needed. I’m so thankful for this man.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Absolute best in Cardilogy field and I have met several because of immediate family members. Always provides complete explanations, takes time to make sure the person understands, never rushes a patient and always allows question. I so thankful I was referred to Dr Akkad! The overall medical field needs more like him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
I was referred by my primary care following an ekg. The examination and tests was thorough and discovered that I have a totally blocked artery. Not too long after that, I had a stent placed in that artery (with an overnight hospital stay), and now I feel great. Medical science has extended my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
I met Dr. Akkad after my other cardiac doctor retired. When I first met him he was basically in my face about the heart surgery that I needed, & he didn't want me to continue ignoring it like I did with my other Dr. At this time, I have to say I thought about changing doctors but decided to give him a chance. I'm glad I did because he found me a wonderful cardiac surgeon in Dr. Kevin Brady at Dignity Health St. Joseph's hospital. In the end, Dr. Akkad and Dr. Brady saved my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Dr. Akkad and office members are always friendly, respectful and always polite. I have been a patient of his for six years and I couldn't of found a better Doctor if I tried. thank you for what you done for myself and all the other people you have helped throughout the years. Thank you Vincent Villanova
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Dr. Akkad and Katherine Minor have been caring for my dad since 2010 after my dad had emergency bypass surgery. Prior to the emergency bypass, my dad had never seen a cardiologist. We hit the jackpot with Dr. Akkad and Katherine. My dad sees many doctors, but Dr. Akkad and Katherine are by far the most caring and communicate the best. I would recommend both of them to anyone in need of a cardiologist. We live quite far from both of their offices, but we make the drive because they are that good!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Dr,Akkad, and his staff were very professional and thorough with my treatment. He took the time to explain the treatment that I would need. He found that I had a abnormal EKG witch resulted in bypass surgery witch I know saved my life. Thank You!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
THIS IS OUR 4TH YEAR GOING TO DR. AKKAD. HE TAKES SO MUCH TIME WITH PATIENTS AND ANSWERS YOUR QUESTIONS. ALL OF HIS STAFF IS EXCELLENT . BARBARA AND DENNIS MCCORMAC
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Dr. Akkad is kind and compassionate. Thru his care I feel safe and secure knowing I'm in excellent hands. I also appreciate his Nurse Practitioner, Katie Minor. What a great team they make -- they don't miss a heartbeat - Thank you both. Mary Cowan
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Dr. Akkad and his PA Katie Minor have been my cardiology team for 5-years, and this spring, 2018, after a routine visit and stress test it was determined that I had coronary blockage. I was schedule for an angiogram the first week of April, and was thoroughly briefed by Katie prior to the procedure. Dr. Akkad and his team at Chandler Regional Hospital perform the procedure professionally and placed 2 stints, and visited me in post op afterwards.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zaher Akkad, MD?
Wow a Doctor that listens to what you say !! He listened to what I was saying and found out that I was in need of a triple by-pass in spite of multiple stress tests that showed everything was fine If you suspect you may have heart issues-then this is the Doctor you want to see. Thank You Dr Akkad James Potter
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Akkad?

Dr. Akkad accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Akkad has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(480) 267-9151Find providers who accept this insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Akkad's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Akkad's Top Procedures and Conditions

Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)

Dr. Akkad treats Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Akkad treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Coronary Artery Calcification

Vascular Disease

Dr. Akkad treats Vascular Disease more than 92% of his peers

Dr. Akkad treats this condition more than 92% of his peers

Dr. Akkad's conditions and procedures:

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Cardiac Angiography
  • Cardiac Arrest
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Carotid Artery Stent Placement
  • Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA) or Excision of Infected Graft
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Angiogram
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Coronary Stenting
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Echocardiography
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Endocarditis
  • Endovenous Ablation of Varicose Veins
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm and Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease of Extremities
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Peripheral Vascular Stenting
  • Syncope
  • Thrombolysis
  • Thrombosis
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Varicose Vein Procedure
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization
  • Vein Laser Ablation
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Venous Insufficiency

Dr. Akkad is very compassionate with exceptional patient skills. His philosophy is to provide a level of care for his patients as if they are family. When entrusting him with your care, you can expect him to provide prompt, cutting edge, and evidence based treatments.

• Cardiology