Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD

Dr. Tempel
Telehealth services available

Mayfield Brain & Spine

6130 Harrison Ave Cincinnati, OH 45247

Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Cincinnati, OH. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Bethesda North Hospital and Good Samaritan Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Tempel to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Tempel with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Cleveland Clinic.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Cleveland Clinic.

Dr. Tempel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Tempel

Dr. Tempel?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (29)
  • Explained conditions well (29)
  • Listened & answered questions (29)
    I’m one year post op for L5-S1 spindylolisthesis. I had an ALIF by Dr. Tempel Jan 2020. I had reasonable post op pain but immediately had relief from sciatica. My PT was cut short d/t Covid but my recovery was smooth none the less. 100% satisfied.
    Feb 12, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD?
    I have back issues for over 20 years. I finally came to the end of my rope and was referred to Dr. Tempel by my GP Dr. Tom Green. On my first appointment I was so impressed with Dr. Tempel's warm and caring approach. When you are in pain, what you want from a doctor is to feel heard..... and I felt heard!! August of 2020 I had L4, L5 and S1 fusion and during surgery Dr Tempel felt that an area of my spine was compromised and additional hardware was put it to stabilize my spine. During my recovery period over the last 6 months, Dr. Tempel's assistant Marla Smith, as well as Dr Tempel, have been readily available to answer any concerns I may have had. I also want to commend the physical therapists at Mayfield, as that they were my cheerleaders in my recovery process!! I am very grateful to have had Dr. Zachary Temple as my surgeon as well as the Mayfield Team !!! We don't have to live with back pain... Mayfield is top notch for state of the art brain and spine health.
    Kathy A Engelhardt – Jan 23, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD?
    If anyone is looking for brain and spine treatment please look at the Mayfield group. I have seen Dr. Gozal for my cervical and Dr. temple for my lumbar. I will be having surgery with Dr. temple as my surgeon. He has been absolutely wonderful to me and to my family members we are all very impressed with him. I also have a niece that had a tumor on her brain and Dr Gozal from the Mayfield group did her surgery and also extended the same courtesy to my niece and the rest of us we are very impressed with this group.
    Sandy Vitale – Nov 26, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD?
    Dr Tempel took his time with me, explained everything and answered all my questions. Wonderful bedside manner. He has an excellent reputation and I can see why. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. I would HIGHLY recommend Mayfield and Dr Temple
    Nov 25, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD?
    Very attentive. Not rushed. Very thorough, kind & caring attitude. Pleasant to talk to.
    Carrie – Oct 01, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD?
    I have suffered from back issues for over 12 years. I saw 4 different Doctor's in the past 7 years, and not one can compare to how amazing Dr. Tempel is! I had a Spinal Fusion back in January of this year, and was absolutely miserable before surgery. I couldn't even stand more than a minute without being in horrible pain. I can not Thank Dr. Tempel enough for what he did for me. Not only does he have the best bedside manner and compassion for not only his patients, but for his career as well. I felt so well taken care of and extremely comfortable through the whole process. Dr. Tempel truly saved my life. I am now able to do so much more, and the pain is practically gone! I am beyond Thankful for Dr. Tempel and his staff, Kelly and Marla!
    Meghan Mondello – Aug 20, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD?
    I had a bad accident in 2016 bursted my L3 L4 andL5 and a spinal fusion by Dr. Horne at Mayfield still had a lot of problems. Dr Horne had to retire due to an injury and had told me that he wanted me to stay with mayfield that this new surgeon Dr. Temple would take care of me. Man was he right I am pain free I have some limitations. I would just like to say that Dr. Temple is the best in the business and mayfield is the greatest thing that ever happened to me for care there physical therapy is great especially Dave at the West Chester office thank you Dr. Temple you are the best.
    Aug 19, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD?
    Over the years I had been turned down by six different surgeons because my spinal condition was too difficult to fix. I tried chiropractic, physical therapy, stimulators including a surgically implanted device, spinal injections, massage therapy, every pain relieving medication over the counter, lotions, hot/cold treatments and finally prescription drugs. By the time I met Dr. Temple, I was in a wheelchair. He listened to everything I said and told me that he would do surgery but it would be multiple operations and a lot of pain. Dr. Temple along with Dr. Michael Kachmann preformed the successful surgeries. The doctors were wonderful. Dr. Temple is the best in his profession and his compassion is second to none. He literally gave me my life back! His staff including Kelly and Marla took great care of me before and during the healing process. Their kindness and patience is priceless. I trust Dr. Temple completely and recommend him to all that are living with chronic back pain.
    Dianne Messal – Aug 08, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD?
    Between my husband and myself we have had 3 Lumbar area surgeries! These were all done by Dr. Tempel. I had 2 of the 3. Dr. Tempel is passionate about his work, personable, ethical, and explains his methods in a way that laymen can understand. I am a retired RN, the surgeries can be complicated and I don’t EVEN get it., but after his explanation, I do and so does my husband!! Dr. Tempel also listens to his patients and any concerns, he addresses immediately! My husband is doing great and useable to work, but as the eldest in this couple (5-1/2yrs, I am having a tougher time. Dr. Tempel is working with me! We would and have recommended him to anyone in need of a neurosurgeon!! Please reconsider adding his name to the 17 top surgeons now or when this voting takes place again?! Thank you you for allowing us to give our input!
    Jerry and Sheila Novosel – Feb 14, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD?
    Follow up from spine surgery and feeling great.
    Dec 19, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD?
    The staff is efficient and very courteous. He listens to my issues and clearly explains his conclusions. The back surgery he performed has changed my life. Everything was perfect!
    Jeff – Dec 17, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD?
    I was in excruciating pain for 6 months prior to my surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Temple. The day after surgery I had soreness from surgery but none of the stabbing pain that kept me from doing the smallest things of daily living. I am very grateful . I have my life back. Sincerely Diana C.
    Diana C. – Nov 06, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD?
    Dr. Tempel corrected my Scoliosis a year ago and I now have zero pain. All the latest X-rays are great and I am now back to doing everything I haven't been able to do for years. A great surgeon who obviously cares deeply for his patients. Thanks again. Larry
    Larry Wofford in Erlanger , KY – Oct 16, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD?
    Dr. Temple did my spinal fusion L5-S1 9 weeks ago. I had met with several surgeons prior to him and all refused to help me! Thank God he said he could! I had lived with low back pain for 3 years and had tried injections, ablation, chiro, and acupuncture with no relief! My PA Sean Lynch who had helped me for years manage my pain as well as we could till finally it affected every aspect of my life! Dr Temple was kind, organized, and had my surgery scheduled within two months! His staff organized everything and worked with my employer(I’m a nurse) to get my return to work schedule. My surgery went excellent and he personally came to check on me that night! He made himself available for questions and concerns and I have 100 percent confidence in him and his team. My life has been given Back to me !
    Chantia Renee Miller – Sep 23, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD?
    Dr. Temple is one of the best and caring doctors I have ever met. My back was feeling great after two weeks. Still feels great after nine months.
    Sep 05, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD?
    Dr. Timpel did my surgery on my back, he is the best I can walk now after five years I can't thank him enough Thank you .
    Joelea Biggers – Jul 27, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD?
    He is simply just one of the best physician I have ever encountered. I am a board certified registered nurse of more than 15 years and Dr Tempel is just absolutely the best in the business. He kind, caring, extremely knowledgeable bedside manner should be taught in all medical schools. He was straight forward and took the time to help alleviate our concerns and answered all of our questions. As a healthcare professional I highly recommend him!!
    Apr 18, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD?
    Dr. Tempel performed surgery on my broken neck after I was told by another surgeon that it was inoperable and would have to wear the neck brace the rest of my life. I am so grateful to him.
    Mar 13, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD?
    This is one amazing Dr.! When no other doctor anywhere would take my case Dr. Temple DID. I had 2 broken rods in my back, other hardware failure. I was all bent over due to scoliosis & 5, yes 5 previous spine surgeries. Well today I stand straight again! I have confidence again! Dr. Temple will be 100% honest with you too, no guessing. He gave me my life back. I dont even have to use a cane anymore. If you want an excellent Dr he's it. GOD Bless you Dr. Temple .YOU ARE THE BEST.
    Michelle Lynn Smith in Fredericktown , OH – Mar 02, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD?
    I suffered with back pain and severe right leg pain for years. Finally I reached a point where something had to be done. My PCP recommended Dr. Tempel who reviewed MRI and x-ray and recommended surgery. Surgery was completed 3/18 and immediately I felt like a new man. Everything went as he indicated it would and I feel like a new 70 year old! I would recommend Dr. Tempel and his staff to anyone that has been diagnosed this back issues.
    Sirronram in Cincinnati, OH – Jan 24, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachary Tempel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Tempel?

• Neurosurgery
    • Neurological Spine Surgery

University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC)