Dr. Zachariah George, MD

Dr. Zachariah George, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Dr. Zachariah George, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Commack, NY. He graduated from Upstate Medical University/ College Of Health Professions and specializes in neurosurgery and orthopedic spine surgery.

353 Veterans Memorial Hwy Ste 303

• Progressive Spinal Muscular Atrophy
  • Progressive Spinobulbar Muscular Atrophy
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Dysostosis, Anhalt Type
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Ryukyuan Type
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Scapuloperoneal
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Type I
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Type II
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Type III
  • Spinal Tuberculosis
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. George treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 69% of his peers

Dr. George treats this condition more than 69% of his peers

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

I am a dual trained spinal surgeon with both neurosurgical and orthopedic spinal training. This allows me to deliver unique, comprehensive spinal care. I believe that surgery is in general reserved for cases that have failed other non-operative treat...

• Neurosurgery

4.4

Dr. George?
Dr. George's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Zachariah George, MD
Dr. George and staff most professional and concerned about all my issues. Dr. George a friendly and responsible person. My life is much better by meeting Dr. George and Fran they achieved more than I expected.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
The staff is very friendly . Dr George is professional and very knowledgeable. I feel more comfortable bring questions to him about my surgery and him answering them thoroughly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
I was referred to Dr. George last year after incredible back pain that lead to a spinal fusion of L3 to S1. I cannot express enough gratitude to Dr. George and his staff for treating me as if I were family. Dr. George is an extremely talented and compassionate surgeon. I am almost a year post op and I am back to my normal activities. Dr. George and the staff in the West Islip location are truly professional. They all made a difficult year bearable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
Great to talk to, very informative. truly seems to care about patients. 4 weeks out from laminectomy, L3,4,5 and S1, feeling great can walk around with no pain. Have to go to PT to get strength back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
I’ve had 2 surgeries in 6 months. Neck and spine. I am now pain free. Dr. George, PA, Jenali, Liz, Fran and Catherine are outstanding and extremely caring and friendly. I’ve Been to many doctors for this severe arthritis that is now gone and I truly cannot say enough about Dr. George and his staff. Just incredible. They saved my life, truly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
From the first visit I made to Dr. George's office for consultation I became very comfortable and confident with the entire staff and I was able to maintain that level of confidence until the services were completed. The office staff displayed such courtesy and kindness that made me feel very comfortable. Dr. George gave me very precise and informed advice regarding my medical condition, including the available option. This gave me the opportunity to make informed choices.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
Condescending and rude. Refused to help me or offer any solution. Went to him for a second opinion and he made me feel like i was wasting his time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
Saw Dr George in 2016, I had severe pain in both legs & had been diagnosed with severe spinal stenosis. Saw my MRI..told me that I definitely needed spinal surgery, & noninvasive surgery was NOT going to help my condition. I asked him what my options were. He did not want to do any surgery and said he couldn't help me. He was rude and condescending and he rushed me out of his office. Bedside manner-ZERO! I left feeling very discouraged, depressed & upset. I would NEVER recommend this Doctor
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
I had a 2 level cervical fusion to fix a pinched nerve. A few weeks after the surgery I told him I was still in pain. He looked at me in disbelief. He seemed bothered by my A few weeks later he was ready to send me back to work. I was out on workers comp. I protested and practically had to plea with him that I was in too much pain. Weeks later he refused to sign paper work for disability for which another Dr readily signed. Only Dr I've ever had a verbal argument with. Also very Condescending
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
I would recommend Dr. George to my family or friends because he treats you with respect and empathy. Surgically, he did a great job on my cervical spine. I have no more numbness or tingling in my hands or fingers, plus I don't drop things anymore.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
Dr. George gave me back my life! I had a monster herniated disc that wasn't going to get any better, and I had previous damage at the site from an injury I sustained as a teen. From the beginning, Dr. George had major concern for my overall well-being. He took concern with this and presented me with an option to address this problem. From pre-surgical to post-surgical Dr. George has been there and addressed all issues and ensured my overall health and happiness. I wish I could write more!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
Dr. George & his entire staff were great. I met with several surgeons, but once I had my appointment with Dr. George, I knew I was going to have him perform my surgery. He prepared me well for my surgery & followed up diligently as well, making sure I was as comfortable as possible. I would not recommend anyone ahead of Dr. George.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
Left Dr George ‘s office feeling like a stupid fool for wasting his time. He did not tell me about any options since surgery (spine fusion) may be too drastic for my condition; we both agreed on that but then says that my arm will continue to shrink and offers no solution, like something minimally noninvasive. Smug smile changing to odd condescending grimaces to let me know I was wasting his time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
I had 2 surgeries with Dr. George and I was very happy with the results from both surgeries. My first surgery was on 1-17-16 and the second was on 8-4-17 both different injuries. He is very professional as well as his staff. Thank you for everything. I make sure to refer Dr. George to family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
0% chance. My elderly mother has to undergo a very complicated surgery. She is very nervous. Instead of being treated with compassion, she had to deal with angry staff members who never followed through with simple tasks like returning a phone call. I've worked with doctors for over 20 years & have never seen such unprofessionalism. Dr George himself is very knowledgeable but displays the stereotypical bedside manner of a surgeon - get 'em & 'out. Do yourself a favor, find another surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr George for 2 Years the help and kindness he has shown me is wonderfull. My back has gotten so much better ,I have a life again . I f you need a spine surgen he is the ONE
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
He did my surgery 2 1/2 years ago and I still am in pain.I go back to see him now but get a very unprofessional attitude because geico no fault did not pay him.First of all if that's true how is that my fault and you botched my surgery where I'm still in pain,it even took me 18 months after the surgery to even feel somewhat normal and now I still hav numbness in my same arm,a pinched nerve my neck still hurts where you did surgery and will crack on its own.Staff members have attitudes,ridiculous
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
I had a PLIF done 4 years ago at the hospital for special surgery. For the last 3 years I have been going doctor to doctor for opinions . Dr. George by far is the kindest most considerate Doctor I have come across. He takes his time with you and actually treats you like a person instead of a number. I wish I would of met him before I did my first surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. George?

Insurance accepted