Dr. Zachariah George, MD

Dr. George
Telehealth services available

Neurological Surgery PC

353 Veterans Memorial Hwy Commack, NY 11725

Dr. Zachariah George, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Commack, NY. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Franklin Hospital and Glen Cove Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. George to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. George with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island.

Make an appointment at NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island today at (516) 712-6101.

These providers are on the medical staff of NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island.

Dr. George's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. George

4.4

Dr. George?
  • Explained conditions well (46)
  • Listened & answered questions (46)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (46)
  • Appointment was rushed (8)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (6)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (6)
Very knowledgeable and professional, thinks "outside the box". Answers all questions and concerns and orders more tests when needed. Very Friendly, Caring Staff
  • Appointment was rushed
Lisa M. Koch – Feb 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
I had acfd surgery 2 weeks ago, I am so happy and grateful that I was pointed in Dr. George’s direction. He is a wonderful surgeon and human being, I was so very nervous, I’m starting to feel like my old self. Dr. George is the best. And Fran is a rockstar!!! She always answered all my questions!!! So beyond grateful
Eileen A – Jan 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
I saw Dr. George at NSPC, (recommended by my GP), in West Islip. He read the MRI's of my back with the accompanying reports that said severe spinal stenosis at L3, L4 and L5. I also had right foot slap/drop and right leg weakness. The back pain felt like constant sciatica, it did not abate with any OTC medications. I had to walk or stand at a 30 degree angle to be pain free. He said that surgery was needed (as did all online info pertaining to stenosis with foot drop). I am 6 weeks post surgery and I have NO back pain. I will be starting PT to rehab the foot and leg, which has shown improvement. I am extremely pleased with the outcome and prognosis. The staff at NSPC are also first rate. The first two weeks post op were uncomfortable (to be expected). I was apprehensive. Once you start talking spine, nerves, compression, herniation you get a bit nervous. Dr George was very confident that he could help me and did an incredible job. I can't thank him and NSPC enough.
Paul Grandinetti – Dec 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
It’s been 2 weeks since I had a spinal fusion & laminectomy . I’m feeling amazing . Only slight discomfort but I feel so much relief only 2 weeks later .recovery is going so smooth . I pushed this surgery off for a year & im so happy I pulled the trigger . Of course the 1st week will be rough but the staff at st Catherine hospital was so great and all the Neuro PA’s were attentive and checked on me every day . At week 2 I finally sleep through out the night not tossing and turning in excruciating pain. Dr Zachariah George is the best . Also dealing with Fran In the office has been an absolute pleasure she is very kind and attentive
Samantha – Dec 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
Zach set the bar for excellence in medical service in the midst of a very challenging time for me. I had been dealing with a severely herniated disc for nearly two years and had such excruciating pain that I could not sleep through the night on most nights. I am thankful to have great access to healthcare in northern NJ and with a strong insurance plan, but after meeting with 3 different doctors, over at least a dozen different visits, not a single doctor prescribed a solution that was effective for me. I had several small procedures done over the course of two years, and was close to giving up and accepting the permanence of my back pain. Zach was introduced to me as the gold-bar in neurological surgery and he absolutely did not disappoint. After my first conversation with him (after sharing my MRI), I knew he was much more educated than the other doctors I had spoken with on the subject. Within 1 month of him seeing the MRIs, he had already prescribed a strong pre-hab, surgery, and
Faizan Javed – Oct 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
Dr George, his staff Fran, Mary and Randi are THE most respectful and accommodating. They all are so willing to help me with any questions and concerns not matter how many times I may call or visit the office. I have never ever met another staff that is so helpful in all my experiences with other doctor practices. Dr. George performed surgery on my low back five years ago and I had an awesome outcome. Naturally, I decided to use him again now when I needed another back surgery unrelated to the first one. Dr. George is very knowledgeable, compassionate and caring. He has an excellent bedside manner and is a true professional. I highly recommend him!! You will not be disappointed.
Laurie A. – Oct 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
Dr. George and his staff are phenomenal! From my initial appointment, Dr. George explained my options very thoroughly and helped me choose the procedure that was best given my situation and problems I was having. I had had three epidurals prior to seeing Dr. George and was in constant, daily pain. I had my procedure scheduled for within two weeks and the whole process was extremely smooth. He has been prompt with answering all of my questions and when I have called for any follow up issues or questions, he has returned my calls within hours- something that many physicians don't do. His staff is also phenomenal!
Natalie S – Jul 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
I would recommend Dr. George to my family and friends without reservation. He is highly skilled, professional and very personable. I herniated my my cervical disc at C4/C5 while lifting a sick elderly neighbor. I was referred to Dr. George by another neurosurgeon who was a client. Dr. George performed a minimally invasive anterior cervical discectomy with arthroplasty (artificial replacement - Prestige). Following the procedure, I had no pain, full range of motion and an almost non-existent incision scar. I have some familiarity with medicine. My father was a surgeon and I am an attorney, who for a good part of my career, defended surgeons from medical malpractice actions. Dr. George is the real deal.
Thomas Plastaras in Northport, NY – Jul 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
He is not only a brilliant physician but he is respectful and kind. He met my husband 2 mins before my surgery and after answering my husband’s questions and concerns, my husband was satisfied with him. My primary physician also highly recommended Dr Zac George
Lindia in Bayshore , NY – Jun 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
Dr. George and staff most professional and concerned about all my issues. Dr. George a friendly and responsible person. My life is much better by meeting Dr. George and Fran they achieved more than I expected.
May 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
The staff is very friendly . Dr George is professional and very knowledgeable. I feel more comfortable bring questions to him about my surgery and him answering them thoroughly.
May 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
I was referred to Dr. George last year after incredible back pain that lead to a spinal fusion of L3 to S1. I cannot express enough gratitude to Dr. George and his staff for treating me as if I were family. Dr. George is an extremely talented and compassionate surgeon. I am almost a year post op and I am back to my normal activities. Dr. George and the staff in the West Islip location are truly professional. They all made a difficult year bearable.
Jennifer Lyons in South Setauket – Jul 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
Great to talk to, very informative. truly seems to care about patients. 4 weeks out from laminectomy, L3,4,5 and S1, feeling great can walk around with no pain. Have to go to PT to get strength back.
Neil Dethlefsen in East Northport NY – May 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
I’ve had 2 surgeries in 6 months. Neck and spine. I am now pain free. Dr. George, PA, Jenali, Liz, Fran and Catherine are outstanding and extremely caring and friendly. I’ve Been to many doctors for this severe arthritis that is now gone and I truly cannot say enough about Dr. George and his staff. Just incredible. They saved my life, truly.
Sharon Daniele in West Islip, NY – Apr 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
From the first visit I made to Dr. George's office for consultation I became very comfortable and confident with the entire staff and I was able to maintain that level of confidence until the services were completed. The office staff displayed such courtesy and kindness that made me feel very comfortable. Dr. George gave me very precise and informed advice regarding my medical condition, including the available option. This gave me the opportunity to make informed choices.
paulette clue-wisdom – Apr 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
Condescending and rude. Refused to help me or offer any solution. Went to him for a second opinion and he made me feel like i was wasting his time.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Apr 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
Saw Dr George in 2016, I had severe pain in both legs & had been diagnosed with severe spinal stenosis. Saw my MRI..told me that I definitely needed spinal surgery, & noninvasive surgery was NOT going to help my condition. I asked him what my options were. He did not want to do any surgery and said he couldn't help me. He was rude and condescending and he rushed me out of his office. Bedside manner-ZERO! I left feeling very discouraged, depressed & upset. I would NEVER recommend this Doctor
Brentwood – Feb 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
I had a 2 level cervical fusion to fix a pinched nerve. A few weeks after the surgery I told him I was still in pain. He looked at me in disbelief. He seemed bothered by my A few weeks later he was ready to send me back to work. I was out on workers comp. I protested and practically had to plea with him that I was in too much pain. Weeks later he refused to sign paper work for disability for which another Dr readily signed. Only Dr I've ever had a verbal argument with. Also very Condescending
Master flex – Jan 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
I would recommend Dr. George to my family or friends because he treats you with respect and empathy. Surgically, he did a great job on my cervical spine. I have no more numbness or tingling in my hands or fingers, plus I don't drop things anymore.
Robert Lee in Ridge, NY – Jan 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?
Dr. George gave me back my life! I had a monster herniated disc that wasn't going to get any better, and I had previous damage at the site from an injury I sustained as a teen. From the beginning, Dr. George had major concern for my overall well-being. He took concern with this and presented me with an option to address this problem. From pre-surgical to post-surgical Dr. George has been there and addressed all issues and ensured my overall health and happiness. I wish I could write more!
Ryan W in Ronkonkoma, NY – Jan 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zachariah George, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. George?

I am a dual trained spinal surgeon with both neurosurgical and orthopedic spinal training. This allows me to deliver unique, comprehensive spinal care....Read more

• Neurosurgery