Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD

Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD

General SurgeryMale

General Surgery

Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in New York, NY. He is affiliated with medical facilities NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center and University Hospitals Ahuja Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

ColumbiaDoctors Midtown

Dr. Novitsky's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Novitsky

2.0202020202020203%

Dr. Novitsky

The operation went very well and all staff members that I interfaced with were truly top notch. Exceptional group!
Feb 09, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Dr Novitsky fixed a year long problem that I had and gave me my life back. His staff was very helpful, fought my insurance and got me in quickly and out of pain. Very grateful for his services.
Alex – Jan 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
I strongly do not recommend this doctor. He did not listen to me, when I told him my pain was a 9/10. He said my pain was all in my head. He had no empathy or compassion and made no effort to establish a relationship with me. He complained that I was aggressive and difficult and accused me of faking my pain. He was rude and arrogant. He did not take any time to listen to me or get to understand me. I felt like did not care about me as a patient, but insisted that there must be something wrong with me if I am in pain. It was a very painful and disturbing experience.
MTD – Jan 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
After my 3rd hernia surgury I found Dr Novitski. He was wonderful I had surgery recovered and have been wonderful for 10 yrs.
Charlene Weinbrandt – Jan 04, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Dr. Novitsky is one of the top two hernia repair surgeons in NYC. During my initial appointment, he explained to me in clear and concise terms that I had an inguinal hernia. Surgery was scheduled. The doctor came to see me before and after surgery. And my hernia is gone. Look no further, you’ll be in good hands with Dr. Novitsky. Also, his assistant, Jennifer, and his nurse practioner, Ilona, are extremely courteous and professional.
Richard Chateauvert – Dec 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
I recently had a small inguinal hernia repaired by Dr. Novitsky. From a consultation weeks before the surgery through the entire process, including follow-up and recovery, the experience was everything I had hoped for. 15 years ago I had another small inguinal hernia on the opposite side repaired poorly in my local hospital. This surgery led to serious problems/pain complications, and, ultimately, required a full removal and redo by a skilled surgeon in Philadelphia. This was followed by almost two years of pain medication and, finally, about 85% resolution. By the end of this upsetting situation, I’d done enough research in the medical literature to know what I was looking for in a surgeon if I ever needed hernia surgery again. I chose Dr. Novitsky this time because of his extensive experience and research and his leadership role in addressing and avoiding post hernia surgery pain complications. He, all staff involved, and the facility were exceptional, and I've had a smooth recovery.
Jeff C – Nov 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Yuri Novitsky since my consultation with him in June 2021. He performed robotic hernia repair surgery in June. Due to unforeseen internal complications caused by a surgery 22 years earlier, the result was not successful. Dr. Novitsky then performed an "open" hernia surgery which was very successful. He is extremely competent and professional. I would highly recommend Dr. Novitsky.
Carol C. – Nov 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
I had a robotic hernia repair performed by Dr. Novitsky 3 weeks ago and I still marvel at the lack of pain and quick recovery. At 2 weeks I was able to resume all of my usual daily activities including the gym. Thanks Doc!!!
Jose Perez – Oct 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Novitsky. During the initial consultation, he answered all of my questions and developed an individualized surgery plan. My further questions were answered in a subsequent consultation, after which I decided to undergo surgery to repair a large incisional hernia with abdominal wall reconstruction. The preop instructions were clear, and it was apparent that the team took all possible steps to optimize outcomes. My pain and discomfort from the hernia were fully alleviated by the surgery and the appearance of my abdomen, though not exactly as it had been prior to the surgery that had caused the hernia, is once again normal. The recovery process was as described but shorter and less painful than I had feared. I am very glad and relieved that I chose to have this surgery with this doctor.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
New Yorker – Sep 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
My first consultation was excellent. He explained generally about hernia surgery. He told me his procedure and why laparoscopic hernia surgery in his opinion was his recommendation. He took his time and answered all my questions.
Madeline – Sep 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Dr. Novitsky repaired my inguinal and umbilical hernias. He was superb from first consultation, through surgery, and post-op visit. The whole team was responsive and thorough, easy to work with. The ambulatory care center where he operates is brand new, spotless, and flawless.
Michael H – Sep 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
I came in with the need for an emergency hernia surgery on Sunday. The doctor was able to assemble his team on SUNDAY to solve the problem. They treated me like a VIP and my hospital stay was perfect. Dr. Novitsky and his staff were amazing.
Y.C. – Sep 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
I could not be more satisfied with the repair of my inguinal hernia by Dr. Novitsky. Right from my first consultation Dr. Novitsky and his PA Kelly explained everything about the situation, answering all my questions and letting me know what to expect. The entire staff is very thorough and cordial. I was very satisfied with all aspects of the pre surgery instructions, the surgery itself, and the post surgery follow up. I would absolutely highly recommend Dr. Novitsky. Upon my expressing my satisfaction during my post operative appointment, Dr. Novitsky smiled and said "expect nothing less!". Dr Novitsky's patients can count on that!
Tom V – Aug 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
I am very grateful to Dr. Novitsky for the brilliantly performed surgery. He is a professional of the highest level, an attentive and tactful person. I also want to note the professionalism and caring attitude of his staff. The detailed instructions I received before the procedure from his assistant Ilona were very useful. The recovery period took less than a month. Thank you, Dr. Novitsky!
Zinovy Weinstein – Jul 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Yes, I already have. My operation was successful and I am very happy with the results.
John Gabriele – Jul 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Dr. Novitsky is an excellent, highly skilled surgeon and so are all the staff. I can't say enough good things about them. Surgery is a very stressful event for patients and their family. Dr. Novitsky, his assistants, nurses, and support staff are all top notch and ease so much of the concerns in their professionalism and good "bed-side" manner. If someone needs hernia repair, Dr. Novitaky is the one to go to.
Apr 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
I met with Dr. Novitsky several times to plan repair of my umbilical Because I am a kidney transplant and immune suppressed, the timing of the surgery had to be reviewed by other specialists. There were several delays as a result. Dr. Novitsky was totally understanding, compassionate, supportive and patient throughout this process. He said, "Don't worry about it, when the time comes, we will take good care of you." This was truly reassuring at the time. And when the time came, he did indeed take good care of me. My recovery was swift, with relatively mild pain that dissipated rather quickly. In addition, his staff was very responsive as well to any questions or concerns I had throughout the process. I am very grateful to Dr. Novitsky and his staff for their professionalism and kindness, and would recommend Dr. Novitsky to family and friends without reservation.
Gerald Edelstein – Mar 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
I developed a major hernia after my left kidney was removed. It was repaired in the local hospital on Long Island in June 2020 but the repair didn't last. I subsequently met with Dr. Novitsky and he said he could repair it. The surgery was completed in December 2020 at Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital.
John Rayher – Mar 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
i would highly recommend him. very thorough, honest. responsive. Called him on a Sunday night after surgery and he picked up. Excellent result from abdominal surgery
bruce friedman – Feb 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Outstanding! This one word summarizes every facet of Dr. Yuri Novitsky’s expertise, professionalism, and caring attitude. It also applies to his entire support staff. I wanted to identify the very best surgeon, regardless of location. Accordingly, my search process was thorough. Dr. Novitsky, who is affiliated with Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York City, was the standout physician. His credentials, experience, and testimonials were impressive. Because of the Covid situation, we first scheduled a telemedical phone consultation. We discussed my situation. He capably answered all my questions, and provided me with a clear understanding of my options. He prescribed a cat scan, which I had performed locally. The results were provided to Dr. Novitsky electronically. The cat scan confirmed that surgery was necessary. . Out-patient surgery was at New York Presbyterian Surgery Center and was successful. Recovery was within the projected timetable. Virtually painless.
Stephen Soled – Jan 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Novitsky?