Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD

General Surgery •  Male • Age 49

Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD is a general surgery specialist in Scarsdale, NY. He specializes in general surgery.

New Patient?

4.5

Dr. Novitsky?
Dr. Novitsky's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD
In January of this year I had a different surgeon attempt robotic repair of my large inguinal hernia. The surgery lasted four hours and accomplished nothing. Despondent and disappointed I consulted with four new surgeons. Thank god i met Dr. Novitsky. EveryThing about my experience has been outstanding. Jennifer is the person who coordinates for the office. She is always quick to respond, easy to access and gets questions answered. The staff at the 51 st street office mirror that service , everything is easy and flows smoothly when you have an appointment. How rare is it to have a busy practice operate so efficiently and with warmth and compassion. I had surgery today with Dr. Novitsky , open repair of the same large inguinal hernia. I am speechless at how well this procedure went. I am so grateful for this outstanding DR who is kind, understanding / tolerant of countless questions and my nerves. Day one moderate pain, an incision that is impeccable And endless gratitude.
StevenJ – May 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Dr. Novitsky is a capable surgeon, just ensure that surgery is required. Dr. Novitsky ordered a dynamic ultrasound prior to surgery, which indicated, consistent with the symptoms (localized swelling), that an inguinal hernia was present. During surgery, he determined that I did not have a hernia. To avoid this outcome, I urge you to ensure that the standard diagnostic test, whereby you cough, is done prior to surgery, and receive a second opinion. If the test is negative, you may want to consider that the symptoms could be due to severe muscle tightness, which should be addressed with physical therapy. (note, severe muscle tightness can be caused by an imbalance of the abdominus and adductor muscles. For insight, search for R. Robert Franks Sports Hernia presentation).
Pete C. – Apr 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Great doctor. Very knowledgeable and experienced. He told me what my options were and why he was recommending my surgery. He is very compassionate and I trusted him with my life.I couldn't believe how much time he personally spent with me. I was very anxious before the appointment, but Dr. N made all my worries go away. I am so happy he did my surgery.i am a very satisfied patient!
Miguel from Brooklyn – Feb 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Dr Novitsky’s was open to try the repair of my left side inguinal hernia laparoscopically, even after learning about a very difficult abdominal surgery I had ten years ago. The procedure was fast and went smoothly. The pain was bearable and OTC pain medication worked just fine for me. He recommended to avoid certain efforts and movements for six weeks, but feeling fine on week 4th I forgot about his recommendations and made some wrong movements which took my recovery back some days... nothing some ice and heat couldn’t solve. After eight weeks I have no pain besides occasional muscle fatigue with effort, perfectly normal life and only some site inflammation which I expect will be dealing with for some months. I am planning to wait some more weeks before going back to rowing, just to be sure!. I do recommend Dr Novitsky for surgical repair of inguinal hernias.
Diana – Feb 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
My experience with Dr. Novitsky was excellent! It could not have been smoother.
Feb 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Yuri novitsky is rude , unprofessional, unprepared ,uncompassionate ,liar and cruel person . Who does not listen to his patient or care what is said to him. Not a good person.
Gail – Feb 12, 2020
Dear Gail - As you well know, we strive to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
I had robotic laparoscopic surgery for a large left inguinal hernia performed by Dr. Yuri Novitsky on Monday, November 18th of this year. Resident surgeon Dr. Vahagn Nikolian assisted Dr. Novitsky. I am VERY pleased with the results !!
Dec 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Dr. Novitsky is the best doctor. All steps from the first visit to the end of the surgery are created by a doctor as one, two, three. I want to express my sincere gratitude to Dr. Novitsky.
Semyon Kadashevich – Nov 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Yuri Novitsky has no respect towards his patients. He expects his patients to not question him and obey him unconditionally. He does not care about patients well being. Rude and unprofessional.
Oct 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
State of the art. This is where you want to go.
Sep 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
I was diagnosed with an inguinal hernia and after extensive research I selected Dr.Novitsky, who focuses on hernia repair, to perform my surgery. There was a 4 month wait just to visit Dr.Novitsky, but it was worth the wait. His very low rate of hernia reoccurrences post surgery speak for themselves. From diagnosis to post surgery the customer care and attention to my case was unprecedented. I highly recommend Dr.Novitsky, who comes along with a very friendly and personable support staff.
Mike G – Sep 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
My husband was hospitalized with an obstructed inguinal hernia. He needed emergency surgery. Seeing his urgent condition, Dr. Novitsky - with his caring & understanding good heart - accommodated us with a squeezed in appt within 2 weeks, instead of months. Recommended open surgery. After surgery, Dr. explained that the condition of intestine inside was more complicated than usual, so procedure took longer than expected. Guided us in case of overnight complications & wanted to hear from us next day. Dr. also wanted another post-op appt few months later to ensure total healing. Dr. Novitsky did an EXCEPTIONAL job with his golden hands!!! Despite the fear & complications beforehand, my husband felt much better immediately, had a beautiful healing of the incision and nice quick recovery altogether! 6 months since, and he’s feeling great! Hard to find such a combination of a responsible caring personality & good hands in one surgeon!!!! DEFINITELY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!
Mr. L., Brooklyn, NY – Aug 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Recently had surgery and have to say Dr. Novitsky and his team were excellent. Other doctors, I visited dismissed my claims and symptoms. Dr. Novitsky went the extra mile, diagnosed my condition and performed surgery. I am feeling great 2.5 weeks later. He saved my career and has enabled me to return to the active lifestyle I love. The entire staff is kind and courteous, I never felt left uninformed or unsure of my decision.
Aug 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
On July 8, 2019 I underwent a robotic-abdominal-hernia-mesh repair by Dr. Novitsky at NYP-Lawrence Hospital, Bronxville, NY on an outpatient basis. The procedure involved three small incisions in the abdomen and implantation of surgical mesh to the herniated tissue. Surgery took place in the early morning and I was discharged by mid-afternoon the same day. This technique is truly amazing as compared to the traditional hernia repair surgery, which I also had many years ago to the opposite side. The procedure was skillfully performed by Dr. Novitsky and I experienced only mild discomfort and no pain in recovery. I was fully ambulatory the next day. The following week I resumed most of my normal activities and resumed light exercise at my gym. It now has been three weeks since the surgery and except for the fading incisions, which are almost imperceptible, you cannot tell that I had abdominal surgery. Dr. Novitsky and the staff at Columbia Hernia Center were terrific!
Martin Gamliel – Aug 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
So I scheduled an appointment with a "hernia specialist". I made sure when making the appointment I explained my situation clearly. They told me yes the doctor handles those cases. Went to my appointment waited a month for the appointment. I bet there walt 2 hours or so. Get called in to see doctor. Give my previous medical/ surgical documents. Supposedly he read them Comes in the door. Immediately says I can't help you but tell me what's going on. Vaguely listens to me for all of maybe 2 minutes. Again says I don't handle those cases but 2 surgeons handle it gives me a pamphlet with those surgeons. Tells me I'll cancel your appointment and things your copay so your insurance doesn't get billed. Tells me. Make an appointment as soon as possible because those hernias are ticking time bombs. Then walks right out. If it is that serious a caring, compassionate doctor would have made the attempt to call those surgeons, his colleagues so I could be squeezed in somewhere
Disappointed and dismissed – Aug 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Dr. Novitsky is the quintessential hernia surgeon. His expertise, bedside manner, and reassuring speech work together to provide a wonderful experience.
Y and S – Jul 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Excellent surgeon. Provided complete information before, during, and after . All aspects of my inguinal hernia surgery experience were excellent. Felt better almost immediately, and could perform strenuous activities in short order. Six months later, still feel great.
Jul 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
See above. Highest praise. If one has an unusual or serious or large hernia issue do yourself a favor and have Dr. Novitsky handle the proceedure.
John M. – Jul 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Dr. Novitsky is an absolutely wonderful surgeon. His explanation of the surgery was clear, precise and accurate, informing me as to the measures prior to surgery and the procedure. He repaired my abdominal hernia in a manner where I am able to perform tasks without fear of developing another hernia. He has an excellent bedside manner, explaining every question that is asked, in a way that is simple and easily understood. Aftercare with Dr. Novitsky is excellent, showing his concern and support for the healing process. I would recommend Dr. Novitsky and his team.
Dr. Lester H. Lehon in New York, NY – Jul 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
If you need abdominal wall reconstruction & huge hernia corrected, Dr Novitsky is the only doctor you should go to. I met Dr. Novitsky, being barely able to move, & in a few months I have my life back. Do not fear these procedures, just go to the best surgeon.
RS – Jul 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Novitsky?

Dr. Novitsky accepts

Dr. Novitsky accepts the following insurance:

Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO

No malpractice claims found for New York

Transplant Surgery

Transplant surgery is a subspecialty of general surgery that focuses on replacement of damaged or diseased organs with healthy donor organs and includes partial, single or multi-organ transplant, as well as living donor organ procurement.

Typically treats 86% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 1 condition or procedure

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
high
high

Dr. Novitsky performs Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy) more than 86% of their peers

Dr. Novitsky performs this procedure more than 86% of their peers

Liver/Pancreas/Gallbadder/Spleen Surgery

This subspecialty of general surgery treats a variety of conditions affecting the liver, pancreas, gallbladder and spleen through procedures including liver resection, gallbladder removal, and the Whipple procedure.

Typically treats 69% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Laparoscopic

Dr. Novitsky performs Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Laparoscopic more than 71% of their peers

Dr. Novitsky performs this procedure more than 71% of their peers

Gallbladder Removal

Dr. Novitsky performs Gallbladder Removal more than 67% of their peers

Dr. Novitsky performs this procedure more than 67% of their peers

Gastric Surgery

Gastric surgery, also known as gastric bypass surgery, is a type of bariatric surgery that can help obese patients achieve significant weight loss by diverting food past the first section of the small intestine.

Typically treats 71% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair

Dr. Novitsky performs Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair more than 97% of their peers

Dr. Novitsky performs this procedure more than 97% of their peers

Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

Dr. Novitsky performs Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic more than 93% of their peers

Dr. Novitsky performs this procedure more than 93% of their peers

Paraesophageal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

Dr. Novitsky performs Paraesophageal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic more than 58% of their peers

Dr. Novitsky performs this procedure more than 58% of their peers

Hernia Repair

Dr. Novitsky performs Hernia Repair more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Novitsky performs this procedure more than 98% of his peers

Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure

Dr. Novitsky performs Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Novitsky performs this procedure more than 97% of his peers

• Bone Marrow Biopsy
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Diaphragmatic and-or Hiatal Hernia
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Kidney Surgery
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Orchiectomy
  • Paraesophageal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Puncture Aspiration
  • Umbilical Hernia
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Ventral Hernia
  • Wound Repair

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

• General Surgery

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Novitsky treats patients.

NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center

New York, NY
  • Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award™ (2018)

University Hospitals Ahuja Medical Center