Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD

General SurgeryMaleAge 50

Telehealth services available

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in New York, NY. He is affiliated with medical facilities NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center and University Hospitals Ahuja Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Novitsky to book an appointment.

Office Hours

Office
closed

Mon

5 pm
Connect with a call center representative 24/7 to request an appointment.

Columbia Doctors Midtown

Dr. Novitsky's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Novitsky

1.2048192771084338%

Dr. Novitsky?
  • Explained conditions well (70)
  • Listened & answered questions (70)
  • Appointment scheduling (68)
  • Appointment was rushed (6)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (6)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (6)
Dr. Novitsky is an excellent, highly skilled surgeon and so are all the staff. I can't say enough good things about them. Surgery is a very stressful event for patients and their family. Dr. Novitsky, his assistants, nurses, and support staff are all top notch and ease so much of the concerns in their professionalism and good "bed-side" manner. If someone needs hernia repair, Dr. Novitaky is the one to go to.
Apr 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
I met with Dr. Novitsky several times to plan repair of my umbilical Because I am a kidney transplant and immune suppressed, the timing of the surgery had to be reviewed by other specialists. There were several delays as a result. Dr. Novitsky was totally understanding, compassionate, supportive and patient throughout this process. He said, "Don't worry about it, when the time comes, we will take good care of you." This was truly reassuring at the time. And when the time came, he did indeed take good care of me. My recovery was swift, with relatively mild pain that dissipated rather quickly. In addition, his staff was very responsive as well to any questions or concerns I had throughout the process. I am very grateful to Dr. Novitsky and his staff for their professionalism and kindness, and would recommend Dr. Novitsky to family and friends without reservation.
Gerald Edelstein – Mar 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
I developed a major hernia after my left kidney was removed. It was repaired in the local hospital on Long Island in June 2020 but the repair didn't last. I subsequently met with Dr. Novitsky and he said he could repair it. The surgery was completed in December 2020 at Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital.
John Rayher – Mar 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
i would highly recommend him. very thorough, honest. responsive. Called him on a Sunday night after surgery and he picked up. Excellent result from abdominal surgery
bruce friedman – Feb 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Outstanding! This one word summarizes every facet of Dr. Yuri Novitsky’s expertise, professionalism, and caring attitude. It also applies to his entire support staff. I wanted to identify the very best surgeon, regardless of location. Accordingly, my search process was thorough. Dr. Novitsky, who is affiliated with Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York City, was the standout physician. His credentials, experience, and testimonials were impressive. Because of the Covid situation, we first scheduled a telemedical phone consultation. We discussed my situation. He capably answered all my questions, and provided me with a clear understanding of my options. He prescribed a cat scan, which I had performed locally. The results were provided to Dr. Novitsky electronically. The cat scan confirmed that surgery was necessary. . Out-patient surgery was at New York Presbyterian Surgery Center and was successful. Recovery was within the projected timetable. Virtually painless.
Stephen Soled – Jan 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
The staff at the hernia repair center was amazing, tentative and supportive. Couldn't have dreamt of a better experience! Dr Novitsky is highly educated and exceptionally well versed in all aspects of the procedure.
Dec 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
5 Stars. I am very happy with the results of my laparoscopic inguinal hernia surgery with Dr. Novitsky. No scars. No pain. No limitation of motion. No sore throat or coughing from the breathing tube. No vomiting or disorientation from the anesthesia (performed at the NewYork-Presbyterian David H. Koch Center). Also, I have several complicating health problems and Dr. Novitsky's Administrative Assistant Jennifer helped me get the anesthesiology consultation I needed (at the DHK Center). Kudos to everyone involved.
Ernest L. – Nov 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Dr. Novitsky repaired my long overdue umbilical hernia from pregnancy. The surgery was quick and painless. I felt fully recovered within just a few days. Aesthetically - could not be happier!
Stacey S – Oct 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
I had Hernia surgery Sept. 16th the operation went well, healing was very quick, and the large hernia I had for 6 years was taken care of. Dr. Novitsky is an excellent surgeon, who has a friendly personality and terrific bedside manner. Should you need hernia surgery in the NYC area you would be making a mistake if you did not have Yuri Novitsky perform the surgery. Highly Recommended!!
Bob Borrelli – Oct 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Dr. Novitsky is the doctor’s doctor. I know - I’m a surgeon and he is simply the best for hernia repair. Dr. N flawlessly repaired my inguinal and umbilical hernias.
Arthur Perry MD – Aug 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
I was very satisfied with the result of my hernia surgery. Dr. Novitsky's bed side manner is excellent. I was never rushed out of the office. His scheduler, Jennifer, is very pleasant and accommodating, as are the nurses. I would recommend Dr. Novitsky to my family and friends.
Joseph Cordaro – Jul 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
I had a hernia surgery and Dr Novitsky did an excelent job. Always ready to answer my concerns with kindness and patience. I will recomend any friend who need surgery to make an appoinment with him.
Jul 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
In January of this year I had a different surgeon attempt robotic repair of my large inguinal hernia. The surgery lasted four hours and accomplished nothing. Despondent and disappointed I consulted with four new surgeons. Thank god i met Dr. Novitsky. EveryThing about my experience has been outstanding. Jennifer is the person who coordinates for the office. She is always quick to respond, easy to access and gets questions answered. The staff at the 51 st street office mirror that service , everything is easy and flows smoothly when you have an appointment. How rare is it to have a busy practice operate so efficiently and with warmth and compassion. I had surgery today with Dr. Novitsky , open repair of the same large inguinal hernia. I am speechless at how well this procedure went. I am so grateful for this outstanding DR who is kind, understanding / tolerant of countless questions and my nerves. Day one moderate pain, an incision that is impeccable And endless gratitude.
StevenJ – May 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Dr. Novitsky is a capable surgeon, just ensure that surgery is required. Dr. Novitsky ordered a dynamic ultrasound prior to surgery, which indicated, consistent with the symptoms (localized swelling), that an inguinal hernia was present. During surgery, he determined that I did not have a hernia. To avoid this outcome, I urge you to ensure that the standard diagnostic test, whereby you cough, is done prior to surgery, and receive a second opinion. If the test is negative, you may want to consider that the symptoms could be due to severe muscle tightness, which should be addressed with physical therapy. (note, severe muscle tightness can be caused by an imbalance of the abdominus and adductor muscles. For insight, search for R. Robert Franks Sports Hernia presentation).
Pete C. – Apr 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Great doctor. Very knowledgeable and experienced. He told me what my options were and why he was recommending my surgery. He is very compassionate and I trusted him with my life.I couldn't believe how much time he personally spent with me. I was very anxious before the appointment, but Dr. N made all my worries go away. I am so happy he did my surgery.i am a very satisfied patient!
Miguel from Brooklyn – Feb 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Dr Novitsky’s was open to try the repair of my left side inguinal hernia laparoscopically, even after learning about a very difficult abdominal surgery I had ten years ago. The procedure was fast and went smoothly. The pain was bearable and OTC pain medication worked just fine for me. He recommended to avoid certain efforts and movements for six weeks, but feeling fine on week 4th I forgot about his recommendations and made some wrong movements which took my recovery back some days... nothing some ice and heat couldn’t solve. After eight weeks I have no pain besides occasional muscle fatigue with effort, perfectly normal life and only some site inflammation which I expect will be dealing with for some months. I am planning to wait some more weeks before going back to rowing, just to be sure!. I do recommend Dr Novitsky for surgical repair of inguinal hernias.
Diana – Feb 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
My experience with Dr. Novitsky was excellent! It could not have been smoother.
Feb 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Yuri novitsky is rude , unprofessional, unprepared ,uncompassionate ,liar and cruel person . Who does not listen to his patient or care what is said to him. Not a good person.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
Gail – Feb 12, 2020
Dear Gail - As you well know, we strive to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
I had robotic laparoscopic surgery for a large left inguinal hernia performed by Dr. Yuri Novitsky on Monday, November 18th of this year. Resident surgeon Dr. Vahagn Nikolian assisted Dr. Novitsky. I am VERY pleased with the results !!
Dec 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?
Dr. Novitsky is the best doctor. All steps from the first visit to the end of the surgery are created by a doctor as one, two, three. I want to express my sincere gratitude to Dr. Novitsky.
Semyon Kadashevich – Nov 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yuri Novitsky, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Novitsky?

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check Dr. Novitsky's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Novitsky's Top Procedures and Conditions

Incisional Hernia

Dr. Novitsky treats Incisional Hernia more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Novitsky treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

Dr. Novitsky performs Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Novitsky performs this procedure more than 99% of his peers

• Barrett's Esophagus
  • Colectomy
  • Diaphragmatic and-or Hiatal Hernia
  • Duodenal Polypectomy
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Varices
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Lipomas
  • Umbilical Hernia
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Ventral Hernia

Dr. Novitsky accepts

Dr. Novitsky accepts the following insurance:

Blue Access (Select Network)-NY
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and...Read more

• General Surgery