Dr. Ys Mohan, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 51

Neurosurgery

Dr. Ys Mohan, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Sterling Heights, MI. He is affiliated with Garden City Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Ys Mohan, MD
5456 15 Mile Rd Ste 101 Sterling Heights, MI 48310

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Mohan with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Cleveland Clinic.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Cleveland Clinic.

Dr. Mohan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mohan

4.0

Mohan's The Man!
I'm not even sure where to begin when it comes to Dr. Mohan's care for his patients. From the start, he has gone above and beyond to ensure that my procedure was handled properly, and my recovery was smooth and comfortable. Just a little backstory; a necessary discectomy/fusion in my neck was denied by my insurance company and he did everything he in his power to help push it along. Once approved, the level of reassurance and comfort he gave me going into surgery, as well as coming out, is unmatched. I would HIGHLY recommend this man as not only a neurosurgeon, but the type of doctor we all hope for.... The kind that actually cares. *I'm now almost two months out of surgery now and it seems to be all downhill from here. Thanks again, Dr. Mohan! For everything. You truly are a beautiful person.
Antonia M. – Jun 23, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ys Mohan, MD?
Dr. Mohan is so kind. He took the time to show me and explain what is causing my pain. I have full confidence that my upcoming surgery will go smooth. The staff is polite and caring too.
Michelle Groen – Feb 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ys Mohan, MD?
Dr. Mohan is an excellent, caring neurosurgeon that goes above and beyond the call of duty for his patients. He was very empathetic and patient with me as I had numerous questions and doubts prior to my surgery. He communicated with my family before and after the surgery leaving no stone unturned to explain all the facts. I felt comfortable trusting this physician and came out of the surgery pain-free. I look forward to enjoying all the activities that limited me before. I highly recommend this neurosurgeon.
Amna Hasan – Sep 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ys Mohan, MD?
Dr Mohan performed a spinal fusion, removed a cyst and fixed a fracture. He made sure I was well informed before the surgery. My surgery and recovery was excellent. His follow up with me was second to no one. I would recommend him without hesitation.
Ken – Apr 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ys Mohan, MD?
Great, Dr. Mohan is an excellent surgeon, I saw the top Neurosurgeon at U of M, he didn’t think the 4 ruptured disks, stenosis & bone spurs pressing in my nerves needed surgery. I had numbness in my fingers, constant acute pain. I saw Dr. Mohan for a 2nd opinion. He said if I was to get in a car accident I was in a high risk of becoming paralyzed, he ordered me a cervical brace to wear while driving until my surgery. I had 4 cervical disks fused—it was the BEST thing I have ever done!! After healing, I’m pain free!! Dr. Mohan also did very thorough testing on another injury, U of M Neuro didn’t even bother to do, end result I had a sacrum that was 100% detached/torn on 1 side for 25 years causing me chronic acute painful sitting, walking, standing & sleeping U of M Top NS didn’t bother to even do a CT Scan! Dr. Mohan took care of it. Dr. Mohan cares about you as a person, he takes time with you, he gives his cell number & returns your texts & calls. No other surgeon does that!
Kathy – Dec 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ys Mohan, MD?
I went to Dr. Mohan for a nagging neck pain I had had for a few years. The diagnosis was cervical spinal stenosis. Ultimately, Dr. Mohan ended up performing surgery. I am in recovery now, the pain is gone, and I am very satisfied. Dr. Mohan is a skilled doctor and surgeon with a great personality and demeanor. I would definitely recommend him.
David in Shelby Township, MI – Sep 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ys Mohan, MD?
Highly highly unprofessional office manager doesn’t answer his phone doctors too busy to care. Staff is disorganized don’t waste your time find another neurosurgeon the good reviews on here are more than likely staff
Sep 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ys Mohan, MD?
Worst doctor worst staff ghetto building doctor shows up to every appointment 1 hour late. Canceled surgery on me twice. Finding a better neurosurgeon who actually cares about his patients.
Lisa T – Sep 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ys Mohan, MD?
I did leave a review that was less than it should have been and now I'm trying to rectify that. Dr. Mohan is an incredible person and friend. I have never felt so comfortable with a surgeon as I do with him. Due to a lack of correct communication with previous office staff we were led to believe something that just wasn't true, So of course, we were upset. After Dr. Mohan personally called me at home and after finding out the truth , we were good. He's honest and trustworthy and I wouldn't go anywhere else! Thank you!
Alan Lockwood – Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ys Mohan, MD?
Dr. Mohan cares about you as a person not just a patient. I believe he makes decisions based on what he would do for himself if needing treatment. First thing he told me was surgery is always the last option, that set me at ease and then he presented a plan to get me well. Hard to find a physician/surgeon who cares as much as he does!
Juan in Lake Orion, MI – Aug 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ys Mohan, MD?
Initially for my back surgery I felt like he cared and he listened to my issues. I went back for my neck surgery in April of 2019 . Due to an issue with my neck he wasn't able to complete the surgery through the front and advised me that we would have to wait for the incision to heal and he would go through the back of the neck. The surgery was scheduled after a 2 month wait. I went through pre surgical testing, time off work, and my pre surgical visit.. then he decides to cancel the surgery the day before. Not very professional and well organized. Of course he planned another trip to India and was worried because he wouldn't be here for follow up. How many other people had to go through the same thing as I did? Not a happy camper. Looking for another surgeon. I've wasted enough time.
Al Lockwood – Jun 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ys Mohan, MD?
The extreme surgeon. He explained things , answered all our questions, was sympathic supportive and knowledgeable! I would definitely recommend him!! Could not get a better doctor
May 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ys Mohan, MD?
Dr Mohan is a technically amazing physician. His skill allowed him complete an extremely difficult procedure for me. It has given me a new lease on life. Dr Mohan is also a caring doctor. He took the time to listen to all of my concerns and answer my questions. I would recommend him whole heartedly to anyone.
May 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ys Mohan, MD?
I think the world of Dr. Mohan, he explains everything thoroughly. Takes his time to answer questions. Gives fabulous advice when it comes to having surgery. I highly recommend him. Linda C. b4/24/19
Apr 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ys Mohan, MD?
Dr Mohan is one of the finest doctors I have ever met in my life. Never had a doctor as compassionate and caring as him . His skill and knowledge is second to none . If you need surgery look no further he is the best and helped save my life Jim L
James L in Macomb, MI – Mar 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ys Mohan, MD?
Dr. Mohan was extremely thorough and thoughtful during my visit. He takes a lot of time to discuss with you all of your options. He treats you like he would treat family and for that I am grateful. -John C.
John C. in Sterling Heights, MI – Nov 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ys Mohan, MD?
I went in for a CAT Scan and found out I had a brain tumor. The scariest thing ever imaginable. Dr. Mohan was assigned to be my Neurosurgeon. He explained in detail what was the issue and how he would treat me. I was still scared because well obvious my skull had to be open with a procedure called a crainiomity. I knew I was in good hands, when before the surgery, Dr. Mohan prayed with me and my father to bless his hands and deliver me healthy and sound. Awesome Neurosurgeon. I am truly blessed!
Larry in Detroit, MI – Oct 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ys Mohan, MD?
No follow-through here. He recommends surgery. Staff doesn't call back. He forgets the things he said and nobody can locate documents.
Bloomfield Hills, MI – Oct 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ys Mohan, MD?
It's so nice to have a doctor that shows so much honest and sincere empathy, kindness, and caring for his patient. Not every doctor treats their patients as a real person and not just a paycheck. Dr. Mohan is one of the best doctors and humans I've ever worked with. It's refreshing to know docs and surgeons like him exist. Grateful and appreciative are huge understatements. I'm very blessed to have found Dr. Mohan to help me. I feel like family to him. I can't say enough good things.
Caylee in Garden City, MI – Nov 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ys Mohan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mohan?