Dr. Younan Nowzaradan, MD

Dr. Younan Nowzaradan, MD

General Surgery  |
Dr. Younan Nowzaradan, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 73 years old and has been practicing for 47 years. Read his story

4009 Bellaire Blvd Ste K

Houston, TX 77025

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CHAMPVA
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Nowzaradan

See how frequently Dr. Nowzaradan performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Esophageal Surgery
Obesity
Stomach Surgery

Dr. Nowzaradan's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Nowzaradan's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Nowzaradan "Dr. Nowzaradan is an American Board of Surgery certified surgeon practicing general, vascular and bariatric surgery in Houston Texas. He graduated medical school from the University of Tehran in Iran and completed his surgical internship at St. John's Hospital in Detroit Michigan. He went on to graduate from surgical residence at St. Thomas Hospital, a Vanderbilt University Hospital, in Nashville, Tennessee. He then completed his Cardio Vascular fellowship at the Texas Heart Institute with the world renowned Dr. Denton Cooley in Houston, Texas. He is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a member of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons and American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons. "

This content was provided by Dr. Nowzaradan "Our mission is to inspire the individual suffering from obesity to adapt an effective and long term weight management initiative. Obesity is not a choice but it's management is. Obesity not only diminishes quality of life, it considerably shortens one's life expectancy."

• General Surgery
  • Bariatric Surgery
  • Vascular Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Aneurysm
  • Aortic Aneurysm
  • Atherosclerosis
  • Atherosclerosis of Aorta
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Heart Disease
  • Pediatric Obesity
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease of Extremities
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Varicose Veins
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Venous Insufficiency

• Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Carotid Ultrasound

• Saint Thomas Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1976
  • St Lukes Episcopal Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1977

Dr. Nowzaradan has no media or publications listed.

• Persian

Dr. Nowzaradan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nowzaradan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nowzaradan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nowzaradan to family and friends
Dr. Nowzaradan's Performance
in santo domingo |
God bless you Dr. Nowzaradan, I have years following your surgeries and documentaries, my dreams are to fall into your hands, like those patients that you have returned life and happiness. I am a doctor, female of 50 years with obesity morbidad, if one day read this message, please help me, 829-838-4771, Dra. Almarar, R, D
in Houston, TX |
I just want to say I am excited to see him this week. I had schedule for follow up since I have surgery in CT, and wanted to meet him and as well I watch his program religiously....I will post after my visit w/dr. Now. I will let ya'll know how it goes.
New Port Richey, FL |
Hello Dr. now, I have watched your show since the very beginning. I think you are awesome and I love that you're so straightforward. You shoot from the hip and I love that. You are the best I would love to have your diet plan that you give your patients when they first start out. I only need to lose 10 pounds and I know that's not enough to require your services. But I'm 69 years old and and I struggle to lose the weight. I don't seem to have any guidance and I would really love have a copy .
in Webster, TX |
Dr Nowzaradan is a true general surgeon who cares for his patients well being. I was the Director of Materials at First Street Hospital for many years and I prided myself in getting whatever Doctor Now wanted for all his patients. He is truly amazing in the results and outcomes that he brings to so many. He is dedicated to no end...still working seven days a week out of several Hospitals and his Bellaire, TX office- seeing patients all weekend and conducting surgeries all week.
in McGregor tx 76657 |
I think God has blessed this man with compasionant heart.
Los Angeles, CA |
dr. nowzaradan is a saint, plain and simple. His empathy for people caught in an addiction that kills, but makes others see them as ridiculous and despicable, is unique. When he interacts with patients he maintains his kindly detachment and quietly goes about his work. He takes on the probability of endless lawsuits by working with such a high risk group of patients. He is clearly trying to do good and applies his formidable skills to that end. A noble man.
in Lincolnshire, IL |
Dr. Nowzaradan was able to diagnose the condition of achalasia that I had suffered with for years. I had gone through numerous tests to figure out what was wrong with me with doctors in the Chicago area where I live and none of the doctors could tell me what was wrong with me. I flew down to Houston to see this wonderful doctor and he did a barium swallow xray and in five minutes told me what was wrong with me. I have an appointment with a doctor in my area to do the corrective surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Younan Nowzaradan, MD?
Are you Dr. Nowzaradan?