Dr. Yosef Gindzin, MD

Dr. Yosef Gindzin, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Yosef Gindzin, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Grand Rapids, MI. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 21 years.

3300 Walker View Dr NW

Grand Rapids, MI 49544

• AARP
  • Always Care Benefits
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Care Network of Michigan (BCN)
  • Cofinity

Learn about Dr. Gindzin

See how frequently Dr. Gindzin performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Retinal Vein Occlusion
Retina Diseases
Diabetic Retinopathy

Dr. Gindzin's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Eye Surgery
  • Eyelid Surgery
  • Glaucoma Surgery
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University Of Michigan Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • Cleveland Clinic Fndn
  • Cleveland Clin Found
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Gindzin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gindzin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gindzin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gindzin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gindzin to family and friends
Dr. Gindzin's Performance
in Belmont, Michigan |
Excellent Eye Doctor - Has fixed all My problems for fifteen years. Great Bedside Manners - Great Guy. Would recommend Him to all - - - - -
in Florida in winter. Michigan in summer |
Dr. Gindzin is a wonderful surgeon. He is also excellent in explaining your condition, how he plans to resolve it and what you must do to take care of yourself. A wonderful Doctor!
in Comstock Park, MI |
I lost vision in my right eye in 2012, and after Dr. Gindzin administered a series of shots in my eye my sight returned! Hooray! I see him bi-monthly for a check up, and all is well. He’s a great human being, and very skilled. He also fixed my wife’s detached retina. I’m glad he’s younger than me, so he’ll not retire till after I’m gone.
in Grand Haven, MI |
Absolutely would recommend Dr. Gindzin to anyone I come across! I believe that Word of mouth is the best advertising there is! That's how I came across Dr. Gindzin! I was telling someone who lives in my building about the problem I was having after catarack surgery! He recommended that I see Dr. Gindzin and that he had super results by seeing Dr. Gindzin! So, I did make an appointment and found Dr. Gindzin to be a fantastic eye dr.
in Richland , MI |
I have recommended Dr. Gindzen to friends having eye issues, numerous times. He is the best. He has been as concerned about my recovery as my family and as enthusiastic about the success as I have. It really shows he cares and it's personal.
in Grand Haven, MI |
I love Dr. Gindzin. I have been seeing him for over 5 years now. When I had my detached retinas, both eyes at the same time, he was very knowledgable and very kind. He showed a lot of compassion for my situation. Before meeting Dr. Gindzin I had worked with several doctors at other practices who were not nearly as good and had no bedside manner. He always takes the time to answer questions, he does not rush, he always talks to my wife during the appointment and is a very skilled surgeon..
in Grand Rapids, mi |
No retinologist can compare to Dr. Gidzen. Fully explains in detail what the problem is and how it will be resolved...
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Gindzin is the best eye doctor I've ever been to. He's competent and professional and he cares. He doesn't take long to see what he needs to, but he doesn't rush. He's always willing to answer questions and will take the time with you that you need. He explains diagnoses in ways you can understand. He is highly respected and well liked. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs a retinologist.
in Wyoming, MI |
Dr. Gindzin is excellent with his skills and customer service. I highly recommend him. You feel well taken care of, and that whatever is being done, you're in capable hands.
in Saranac MI |
I see Dr. Gindzin every 5 months and have for 5 ish years but no matter how many times I see him, he always explains (to my satisfaction) what ever question I ask. He won't leave the exam room until I am are satisfied with treatment/questions. I love his "bedside manner" . He is passionate about giving my eyes the best care possible.
in Grand Rapids mi |
Great like always.
in Caledonia |
The best ever!
in Jenison , MI |
I have utmost respect and confidence in Dr Gindzin. He explained everything so it could be understood. As I was sent to him on an emergency due to blood in my eye he saw me on short notice and did laser surgery at the same day and seemed genuine in my medical problems, advising if symptoms reappeared to immediately call and come in. I have nothing but esteem appreciation for Dr Gindzin and the staff.
Romulus, MI |
Very knowledgeable, skilled, compassionate and patient physician. Highly recommend.
Allendale, MI |
Dr. G is wonderful and I feel Blessed to have him as my Doctor. He really knows his medical field and is one of the best in his career field nation wide. Thanks Doc!
Holland, MI |
I have had two surgeries with Dr. G and he is awesome. Eye surgery is scary and he puts you at ease and then dies a fantastic job. Highly recommend!!
in Jenison, MI |
Dr. Gindzin is an excellent Opthalmology specialist! He is clear in explanations. He asks questions to ensure he understands patient questions. Provides respectful and courteous care, and is highly respected by his colleagues. I would highly recommend him.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Helpful knowledgeable and caring.
Washington, DC |
I would like to review my recent visit report. Is there a way to receive it? Dr. made a tentative diagnosis and have an upcoming appointment. Please provide description of diagnosis for referral.
in Cedar Springs, MI |
Appreciate the professionality and the listening ear. Doctor Gindzin takes the time to make me feel like the only patient there (even though I know I'm not)! Uses lay terms to explain conditions. Thank YOU for asking.
Belmont, MI |
Dr Gindzin is amazing. Very thorough and always calm, upbeat and reassuring.
in Baldwin, mi |
My wife has been seeing Dr Gindzin for 5- 6 years now being a diabetic she had major problems with her eyes he has worked wonders with her keeping her eyesight , i would recommend anyone to have Dr Gindzin as a there Doctor..
in Kalamazoo, MI |
The excellence of Dr. Gindzin's care and GRO far surpasses any other offices I've encountered in my life. I had an emergency situation with my retinas on more than one occasion, and they got me right in. I simply will not trust my retinas to anyone else except Dr. Gindzin. I recommend him to every friend or acquaintance who has diabetes and my friends as well in case they ever have retina issues.
Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Gindzin is a superb clinician who answers your questions directly, plus thoroughly explains his findings, and their implications, as well as what you can do to minimize their impact in a patient-friendly manner.
in Spring Lake, Mi |
Yes, would recommend him to the world. He is the greatest. Thanks so much for your incredible care and concern for my eyes.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Gindzin has gone over & above all expectations! He's been very patient with us & has been available for all of our needs &/or worries! We are very thankful for having found him in our time of need!
in Grand Rapids Mi |
Definitely!
in Alto, MI |
He is a wonderful very kind and caring doctor! He is an expert in his field and there is no other doctor that I would trust with my eyes!! A++++
in Kalamazoo, MI |
The best eye care anywhere!
Jenison, MI |
I would NEVER go to a different Dr. Dr. Gindzin saved most of my eyesight when I was facing complete blindness! His "bedside manner" is absolutely incredible! He not only makes me feel welcomed but also whom ever is with me, EVERY time. I would wait all day for him if he's running late. He is very kind & cares about me as a person, not just a patient. He is the best!
in Grand Rapids |
I highly recommend him! Have been a patient for 5 years. Exceptional care!
in Byron Center, MI |
I love Dr. Gindzin he's caring concerned and makes you feel at ease.
in Wyoming, MI |
Dr. Gindzin - only the BEST! I'm so happy I found him for my eye care and there has been a lot of it, from office care to many surgeries. Again, he is the best!
in Grand Rapids, Mi |
Dr. Gindzin saved my vision back in 2004, and continues to monitor my condition. He is a wonderful doctor and I completely trust him. He and his staff are always friendly and efficient, he is a specialist, so there are days that the wait is a little longer, but over the years they have streamlined the process, and now the visits are way faster. I would highly recommend him.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Gindzin is kind, caring, efficient and very likable. His work is efficient and effective.
in Grand Rapids |
I have full faith and trust in Dr Gindzen! His patience, expertise, and caring manner help me contend with serious eye issues. I am in very capable hands!
in Walker, MI |
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Gindzin saved my vision and is still doing so on monthly basis. I have nothing but the utmost respect and trust in this man. He is the finest Dr. I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.
in Sparta, MI |
Basing my review on professionalism, accuracy, "bedside" manner, intelligence and courtesy, you will not find any doctor better than Dr. Gindzin.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
I trust him with my eye sight, not much more important than that !
in Lakeview, MI |
Best Doctor I've every seen Helped me with my diabetic issues with my eyes I trust him and his staff Very Friendly I want only the very best and Dr Gindzin is just that! I have and will recommend him Thank you
Have you seen Dr. Yosef Gindzin, MD?
Are you Dr. Gindzin?

Visit Dr. Gindzin

Dr. Gindzin accepts 41 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • Always Care Benefits
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Care Network of Michigan (BCN)
  • Cofinity
  • Meridian Health Plan
  • Meritain Health
  • Molina Healthcare
  • PHP-Physicians Health Plan
  • Physicians United Plan (PUP), Inc.
  • Physicians' Care Network
  • UniCare
  • United Healthcare Community Plan
  • Universal Health Network
    Univera Healthcare
  • Vision Service Plan (VSP)
  • Worker's Compensation