Dr. Yoo Jin Chong, MD

Internal Medicine | Male

Wellbeing Medical Clinic 6260 El Camino Real Ste 105 Carlsbad, CA 92009 Get Directions
Dr. Yoo Jin Chong, MD
Dr. Yoo Jin Chong, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Carlsbad, CA. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Chong is affiliated with Tri - City Medical Center, Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas, Palomar Medical Center Downtown Escondido and Palomar Medical Center Poway.

Dr. Chong's Care Philosophy

"I believe in involving patients as partners in healthcare. Communicating effectively with patients and their families is the key to fostering wellness and encouraging preventative behaviors." Dr.Chong is Board Certified and fluent in English & Korean. He feels it is his mission to preserve the health & restore the sense of well-being of the patients he serves. He holds the values of integrity, excellence & service in the highest regard & insists on providing extremely personalized service.

Dr. Chong's Experience

See how Dr. Chong's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Chong

Dr. Chong accepts 16 insurance carriers

Dr. Chong is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Chong has admitting privileges.

Dr. Chong's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chong to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Chong's Performance
in Carlsbad, CA |
Our entire family, including our older teenagers, see Dr. Chong. Meeting Dr. Chong for the first time was enlightening and relieving. He really listened to us, not just as patients, but as people needing his help. He strives to understand and treat the root cause of issues, verses prescribing to treat a symptom. Dr. Chong has a great sense of humor, and is always very pleasant to visit. He takes the time needed to properly diagnose and it's comforting knowing my family is in great hands.
in San Diego, CA |
I have been Dr. Chong's patient since 2013 and consider him to be the best physician for internal medicine that I have ever known. Dr. Chong is always receptive to prevention or treatment ideas and he is always upbeat and encouraging, a real pleasure to see. Possessing extreme breadth and depth in medical knowledge, Dr. Chong also stays involved with the teaching process to keep on top of the latest. His staff are professional and sincere, rounding out his truly top notch practice!
in Carlsbad, CA |
Really good. I felt comfortable from the get go. It's nice to talk to someone who actually cares and listens.
San Diego, CA |
Very considerate and informative. Spent a long time explaining medications and options. Respected my hesitance to medicate and discussed options. Great bedside manner and demeanor. I am pleased so far, as I have had MANY bad experiences with Doctors. My Wife also goes to WellBeing Medical to see his wife as her Doctor, and was very pleased with the care she was provided.
Oceanside, CA |
made an appointment because I wasn't feeling well. -During the appointment the fire alarm went off. Instead of rescheduling the doctor 1/2 listened to me in the parking lot. -We had some blood work done and was told that I would get a call in a week. I never got a call. I called to check on results and was told they were off but to come back in 3 months!!! -I asked for the doctor to call me back since I had some questions and wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea of feeling crumby for 3 mont
in San Diego, CA |
My yearly check-up with Dr. Chong was today. I had been having difficulty renewing my prescriptions, but today Dr. Chong explained that the prescription I was having the most difficulty renewing was under my previous doctor's script. He wrote me a new script and the matter is settled. My appointment was very informative and Dr. Chong took as much time as I needed to talk about test results over the past year. I am very pleased with my interaction with Dr. Chong, and with his office staff.
My initial visit was pleasant and I liked Dr. Chong. He recommended several follow up med procedures and I followed through. However, I have had enormous difficulty with prescription refills for my seizure disorder meds and other medications. Office staff has been condescending and, today, I got a phone call from Walmart advising that he had denied a refill for my blood pressure med. I called my insurer and was able to get my refill taken care of, but I'm done. I've requested another referral.
in Carlsbad, CA |
Great! He helped me with my issues, and even taught me some great exercises to stay in better shape.
in Oceanside |
Dr. Yoo Chong has been my doctor since moving to Oceanside. I came to him through a couple of recommendations. Including my Medicare specialist. He is very personal. He's open to trying your requests when it comes to medications or treatments. I've also seen Meribeth Chong for girlie issues and physicals. Although I don't know her as well, she too seems to be a truely caring person. I never feel like I'm being rushed through an assembly line. Assistance have always been pleasant & in a good mood
Vista |
I think he's very informative and friendly. My second visit did seem a lil rushed as there were other things I needed to have done but it didn't seem like he remembered or had the time. I have another follow up appointment today, perhaps I will be able to get everything taken care of.
Have you seen Dr. Yoo Jin Chong, MD?
Are you Dr. Chong?

Compare Dr. Chong

Dr. Chong's Care Philosophy

Dr. Chong's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Chong has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Chong's Board Certifications

• Anemia
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure

Completed in 1994

Virginia Mason Medical Center

Completed in 1996

• Korean

Dr. Chong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Chong does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Chong and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.