Dr. Yolanda D. Heman-Ackah, MD

Dr. Yolanda D. Heman-Ackah, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat | Female | 46 years old

Personalized, compassionate care of voice, ear, nose, and throat problems.Read more

Dr. Heman-Ackah's Experience

See how Dr. Heman-Ackah's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Heman-Ackah

Dr. Heman-Ackah accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Heman-Ackah has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Heman-Ackah
Dr. Heman-Ackah's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (24)
Dr. Heman-Ackah Says:

At Philadelphia Voice Center, we strive to provide exceptional care to all of our patients.  We are a full service otolaryngology practice that treats conditions affecting the ear, nose, throat, and head and neck region and that specializes in professional voice care and airway disorders.

in Philadelphia, PA |
I am lyric soprano who had difficulty with my voice for 2 years. I saw a few other voice doctors before a fellow opera singer recommended that I see Dr. Heman-Ackah. It turns out that I had a cyst within my vocal fold that was limiting my range and causing an airy sound when I sang. She did surgery to remove the cyst and injected collagen to close a gap between my vocal folds. I am back to performing full time and have no limitations in my voice at all. She's the best! An excellent surgeon!
in Harrisburg, PA |
She was very thorough. Her diagnosis was accurate, and her treatment helped me tremendously.
in Philadelphia, PA |
I am a coloratura soprano who has been having an inconsistent voice for the past year. I saw Dr. Heman-Ackah, and she diagnosed my problem and got me back to singing. I recommend her to all classical singers.
in Bala Cynwyd, PA |
I went to see another ENT who immediately wanted to do surgery on my vocal folds. A friend in my building sees Dr. Heman-Ackah and recommended that I see her. She recommended voice therapy, which I did, and my voice got better without surgery. Blood tests that she ordered showed that I have a thyroid condition that is being treated as well. I recommend her to everyone. She is thorough and right on with her diagnoses.
in Haddonfield, NJ |
Dr. Heman-Ackah is a very caring, kind, and compassionate doctor. I have been seeing her for years and find her and her office staff to be very helpful. Whenever I have an emergency or need to be seen right away, they always fit me in. I recommend her to all of my friends and would never go anywhere else
in Philadelphia, PA |
Her RUDE receptionist failed to register my appt when I first called her. Without apology, they rescheduled my appt a few days later, which was again cancelled and rescheduled due to Dr. Ackah being out of office. On the day of appointment, without looking my throat, she immediately charged $319 for lab tests. Yes, I have an insurance. Before even touching her tongue depressor and checking my throat, she orders lab tests?? She said I need lab tests because she is experienced in this area....
in Media, PA |
Very thorough in diagnosis and treatment. I wanted a true expert and found one.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Yolanda Heman Ackah is an excellent medical practitioner. She is conservative in her approach, very expereinced, trained with the best doctors in her field, and is excellent at documenting your illness and treatment. She is easily in the top tier of doctors who treat in this area of medicine. Amazing in her generous time for visits, she has been helpng me for several years, and addresses medical concerns and issues, recalibrating treatment when necessary.
Wynnewood, PA |
Dr. Heman-Ackah is absolutely the best. She is very thorough and a great doctor. I would recommend her to anyone who is having ear, nose and throat issues. The office is allergy free for those of us with sensitivities to perfumes, so do not come wearing perfume or other scented body products.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Great quality of service and treatment! Maybe not the most gregarious physician I've ever encountered, but I abide by the allergen-free rules of the office and visit her for her undeniable expertise. In the few visits I have had, she has taken a considerable amount of time to generate and carefully explain my plan of care during the appointment itself. She has consulted with other physicians regarding my treatment and made time to see me for newly developed concerns, without long wait times.
Aston, PA |
I've been a patient of Dr Heman-Ackah since 2010. She is extrememly knowledgeable & thorough. Very few doctors go over & above to see you well. She's a blessing. Come unscented. I highly recommend her!!!
Dr. Heman-Ackah is absolutely the best. I have been seeing her for years and wouldn't see anyone else. She is very allergic to perfumes and scented body products and for every single appointment I've had with her, her office staff reminds me not to wear anything scented when I make my appointment and again the day before my appointment when they call to confirm. They also send a postcard reminder. The receptionist has always been very kind and very helpful.
in Bala Cynwyd, PA |
The receptionist by far,the rudest person I've dealt with in a medical practice.She called to confirm my appt & on my referral it said Dr. Herman Ackah, so I said, I'm looking forward to working with him. She said annoyed, Yea,except he's a woman!I asked should I come 15 minutes prior for paperwork & her response was whatever.I walked in today,she sneared & said,you're wearing a scent! I said,I showered.She said,you'll have to leave I can smell you.Incredibly rude!!Never going back.
Have you seen Dr. Yolanda D. Heman-Ackah, MD?
Are you Dr. Heman-Ackah?

Compare Dr. Heman-Ackah

Dr. Heman-Ackah's Care Philosophy

Personalized, compassionate care of voice, ear, nose, and throat problems.

Dr. Heman-Ackah says...

For new patients, it is important to remember that you must have your insurance information available at the time that you schedule your appointment.  We are unable to secure an appointment for you until you have provided your insurance information.

Please also remember that some insurance plans have deductibles and co-insurances that apply to diagnostic ear, nose, and throat procedures.  It is important that you are familiar with your own insurance plan.  All insurance plans cover the full cost of the examination and all testing procedures that are ordered by Dr. Heman-Ackah.  Dr. Heman-Ackah does not order tests or procedures that are not medically necessary and that are not covered by insurance.  If you have a deductible, your insurance company will expect you to pay your deductible amount before they contribute to the cost of your medical care with any medical provider.  This cost is fixed by your insurance company, not Philadelphia Voice Center.  There is nothing that we can do to alter this cost, so please be aware of your own individual insurance plan rules.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Dr. Heman-Ackah's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  •  Board certified in Otolaryngology
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Heman-Ackah has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Heman-Ackah's Board Certifications

• Deviated Septum
  • Dysphagia
  • Ear Ache
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer

Completed in 2001

Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1991

• French

Dr. Heman-Ackah does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Heman-Ackah and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.