Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Yolanda Heman-Ackah, MD
Dr. Yolanda Heman-Ackah, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Bala Cynwyd, PA. She is 47 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Heman-Ackah is affiliated with Bryn Mawr Hospital and Lankenau Medical Center.

25 Bala Ave Ste 200

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Keystone Health Plan East

Learn about Dr. Heman-Ackah

See how frequently Dr. Heman-Ackah performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Laryngitis
Larynx Conditions
Chronic Laryngitis
high

Dr. Heman-Ackah's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Heman-Ackah "Personalized, compassionate care of voice, ear, nose, and throat problems."

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Deviated Septum
  • Dysphagia
  • Ear Ache
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Postnasal Drip
  • Sinus Disorders
  • Sinusitis
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Fold Scarring
  • Vocal Granuloma
  • Vocal Papilloma
  • Voice Disorders

• Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Parathyroid Surgery
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Surgery
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • American Institute Voice Ear Rsch/Grad Hosp/Jefferson Med College
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

• Best Doctors, 2009-2010

Dr. Heman-Ackah has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Heman-Ackah does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Heman-Ackah and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Heman-Ackah's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Heman-Ackah to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Heman-Ackah Says:

At Philadelphia Voice Center, we strive to provide exceptional care to all of our patients.  We are a full service otolaryngology practice that treats conditions affecting the ear, nose, throat, and head and neck region and that specializes in professional voice care and airway disorders.

For new patients, it is important to remember that you must have your insurance information...

Dr. Heman-Ackah's Performance
in Bala Cynwyd, PA |
I've been seeing Dr. Heman-Ackah for years. She's thoughtful, kind, and thorough. I highly recommend her. I would not be able to perform were it not for the care she has given me.
in Harrisburg, PA |
I have been seeing Dr. Heman Ackah for several years now, due to loss of my low range. I am a coffeehouse/festival singer and songwriter, and a public speaker. She helped to get my voice back to workable shape, and continues to help me maintain that.
Downingtown, PA |
A very pleasant person with an orderly and clean office. I treated for just less than a year and was subjected to numerous tests and procedures. It appears that Dr Ackah employs the "Chinese Menu" method of prescribing blood and other tests. This physician failed to properly diagnose or treat my condition because, in my opinion, she failed to actually listen to my description of the onset of symptoms. A small change in diet resulted in the cessation of the problem for which I sought treatment
in Philadelphia, PA |
I am lyric soprano who had difficulty with my voice for 2 years. I saw a few other voice doctors before a fellow opera singer recommended that I see Dr. Heman-Ackah. It turns out that I had a cyst within my vocal fold that was limiting my range and causing an airy sound when I sang. She did surgery to remove the cyst and injected collagen to close a gap between my vocal folds. I am back to performing full time and have no limitations in my voice at all. She's the best! An excellent surgeon!
in Harrisburg, PA |
She was very thorough. Her diagnosis was accurate, and her treatment helped me tremendously.
in Philadelphia, PA |
I am a coloratura soprano who has been having an inconsistent voice for the past year. I saw Dr. Heman-Ackah, and she diagnosed my problem and got me back to singing. I recommend her to all classical singers.
in Bala Cynwyd, PA |
I went to see another ENT who immediately wanted to do surgery on my vocal folds. A friend in my building sees Dr. Heman-Ackah and recommended that I see her. She recommended voice therapy, which I did, and my voice got better without surgery. Blood tests that she ordered showed that I have a thyroid condition that is being treated as well. I recommend her to everyone. She is thorough and right on with her diagnoses.
in Haddonfield, NJ |
Dr. Heman-Ackah is a very caring, kind, and compassionate doctor. I have been seeing her for years and find her and her office staff to be very helpful. Whenever I have an emergency or need to be seen right away, they always fit me in. I recommend her to all of my friends and would never go anywhere else
in Philadelphia, PA |
Her RUDE receptionist failed to register my appt when I first called her. Without apology, they rescheduled my appt a few days later, which was again cancelled and rescheduled due to Dr. Ackah being out of office. On the day of appointment, without looking my throat, she immediately charged $319 for lab tests. Yes, I have an insurance. Before even touching her tongue depressor and checking my throat, she orders lab tests?? She said I need lab tests because she is experienced in this area....
in Media, PA |
Very thorough in diagnosis and treatment. I wanted a true expert and found one.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Yolanda Heman Ackah is an excellent medical practitioner. She is conservative in her approach, very expereinced, trained with the best doctors in her field, and is excellent at documenting your illness and treatment. She is easily in the top tier of doctors who treat in this area of medicine. Amazing in her generous time for visits, she has been helpng me for several years, and addresses medical concerns and issues, recalibrating treatment when necessary.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Great quality of service and treatment! Maybe not the most gregarious physician I've ever encountered, but I abide by the allergen-free rules of the office and visit her for her undeniable expertise. In the few visits I have had, she has taken a considerable amount of time to generate and carefully explain my plan of care during the appointment itself. She has consulted with other physicians regarding my treatment and made time to see me for newly developed concerns, without long wait times.
Aston, PA |
I've been a patient of Dr Heman-Ackah since 2010. She is extrememly knowledgeable & thorough. Very few doctors go over & above to see you well. She's a blessing. Come unscented. I highly recommend her!!!
Dr. Heman-Ackah is absolutely the best. I have been seeing her for years and wouldn't see anyone else. She is very allergic to perfumes and scented body products and for every single appointment I've had with her, her office staff reminds me not to wear anything scented when I make my appointment and again the day before my appointment when they call to confirm. They also send a postcard reminder. The receptionist has always been very kind and very helpful.
in Bala Cynwyd, PA |
The receptionist by far,the rudest person I've dealt with in a medical practice.She called to confirm my appt & on my referral it said Dr. Herman Ackah, so I said, I'm looking forward to working with him. She said annoyed, Yea,except he's a woman!I asked should I come 15 minutes prior for paperwork & her response was whatever.I walked in today,she sneared & said,you're wearing a scent! I said,I showered.She said,you'll have to leave I can smell you.Incredibly rude!!Never going back.
Have you seen Dr. Yolanda Heman-Ackah, MD?
Are you Dr. Heman-Ackah?

See our Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist at Aria - Jefferson Health

Visit Dr. Heman-Ackah