Dr. Ying Zhang, MD

Practices Psychiatry

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 47 reviews.
Author:
Dr. Zhang is a highly skilled psychiatrist who takes the time to teach you how each medication works on each part of your brain chemistry system. She is easy to talk to and listens well. She makes me feel like I am her only patient during our visits. She takes excellent notes and has helped me learn to identify triggers to my depression and/or anxiety. She is very discerning to share the right kind of advice in a sensitive and kind way.
Author:
I love Dr Zhang and Stephanie. They are always helpful and kind!
Author:
She is such a caring and professional therapist. She stays on top of current medications and is very insightful. I highly recommend her!
Author:
Dr. Zhang's mastery of medication management is extraordinary. She is thoughtful, caring and has terrific insight. I have been seeing her for two years and have never felt better. She provides so much than a 'med check'. She is careful to take the time to figure out what is truly going on.
Author:
I have been seeing her for years because she is brilliant and also wants me to get better. I don't trust anyone else to diagnose my problems. She is one in a million, so if you're looking for the right psychiatrist, you have found her.
Author:
Dr. Zhang is amazing. She is more than a pill provider; she’s a therapist that tries to understand what’s really going on and encourages open discussion in order to get the right medication/mix/dose that works best. I always feel better after seeing her and I feel I’m in excellent hands. If I’m having a bad time, she spends extra time with me as needed. Because she does this with all, there are times when I need to wait for my appointment. To me, that’s understandable and she’s worth the wait.
Author:
I've been seeing Dr. Zhang for nearly 10 years and have been very satisfied.
Author:
I've only been with Dr. Zhang for a few months but in that time she has updated my medication plan and today I'm a whole new person. My quality of life is so much better. She understands the complexity of the mix of multiple medications and works to simplify things to only what is needed and no more. I highly recommend Dr. Zhang.
Author:
Dr. Zhang really took the time to get to know me in order to figure out what will work best. She follows up on everything I tell her from the previous appointment and provides perspective and clarity when I need it. You should definitely choose Dr. Zhang especially if your current provider makes you feel like you are part of a medication mill.
Author:
Dr. Zhang is a caring, compassionate professional who never fails to spend an appropriate amount of time listening to me.
Author:
I have developed a great deal of trust in Dr. Zhang. She is a good listener and always has my best interest in mind. She works diligently to find the correct medications for me and is very careful with dosage and asks about side effects. My life is so much better now. Dr. Zhang is good at explaining how my thoughts relate to my condition because she is a careful listener. She 'gets' my sense of humor and knows how to respond to what I tell her.
Author:
Dr. Zhang is a wonderful psychiatrist. I have has psychiatric problems for years, and have seen many doctors, but she was the only one who actually helped me. She was able to get my condition under control through a careful balance of medications. Before I met her I was just Surviving and I would never know when I was going to have to go to the hospital, but now I'm actually living, and haven't gone to the hospital in years. She is the only doctor I have ever looked forward to seeing.
Author:
I've been seeing Dr. Zhang for several years. She is professional yet approachable and sincerely cares about her patients. She is an expert in the changing landscape of medication and works with you to get it right. I highly recommend Dr. Zhang.
Author:
Dr. Zhang listens well, has good insights, and is very positive. She never makes you feel rushed. Their office is very responsive and accessible.
Author:
I have been seeing Dr. Zhang for over a year now. From day one, she has been so helpful and attentive with all my questions and concerns involving my anxiety and depression. After dropping my insurance provider, I still refuse to go to another doctor. It is very comforting to have a doctor that I can trust!
Author:
She's not just my doctor she's my friend. I absolutely love coming to my appointments! I always leave there in a much better mood. The waiting area is comfortable and quiet. The place is very upscale.
Author:
I would recommend Dr. Zhang to anyone. She's the best!
Author:
100% personalized care. I reacted to a few medications adversely and through simple testing, Dr. Zhang discovered I had a rare issue making several "common" medications incompatible! She changed my prescription to reflect my newfound compatibility and I feel the best I've felt in years. Strongly recommended!
Author:
Doctor Zhang has been an outstanding psychiatrist. I have been with her since July 2009.
Author:
1st psychiatrist I saw after hospitalization & Bipolar I diagnosis by 3 separate health professionals. Despite having all hospitalization records, she refused to believe I was Bipolar & took me OFF Lithium (critical for Bipolar management) & put me ON Lexapro (I later learned this should NOT be used for Bipolar -- causes awful side effects). Long story short, within days the Lexapro caused a MAJOR crash depression & I almost hung myself. Getting ahold of anyone is IMPOSSIBLE. I DO NOT TRUST HER.