Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |
Female
Dr. Ying-Ying Kao, MD
Finding relief to arthritic pain is something I can help with– it is something I can fix. My goal is to return patients to the things they love, whether it's gardening on the weekend, playing in a weekly tennis league or simply being pain free. I want to help patients get the most out of their life. Struggling with arthritis and deciding if, and when, a total joint replacement is right for you can be a stressful time. Anew joint is a lifelong commitment and it is my job to help guide you through the process, make sure all of your questions are answered, and that you are comfortable with the plan we come up with together. After completing my fellowship training in a hospital specializing in orthopaedic surgery, where the most joint replacements are performed each year in this country, I have learned the newest techniques and have incorporated them into my own practice. I have also had the opportunity to research and present on many cutting-edge topics in joint replacement at national conferences as well as spent time training using the techniques that have been established for years. I love hearing about people's lives and helping them get back to what they love is very important to me.

5671 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ste 900

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Kao

Our mission is to provide excellent, patient-focused and comprehensive musculoskeletal care to the Atlanta community and surrounding areas.

Dr. Kao's Experience

Dr. Kao's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics
  • Orthopedic Hip Surgery
  • Orthopedic Knee Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Broken Arm
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture

• Reconstructive Surgery
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Total Joint Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• U Of Chgo Div Of Bio Sci Pritzker Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2009
  • University Of California At San Francisco
  • Hospital For Special Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Kao has no media or publications listed.

• Mandarin

Dr. Kao does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kao and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kao's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kao to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Kao's Performance
in Waco, Ga |
One thing I learned about having hip replacement surgery it is the surgeon who gauges the success. During my post-op recovery period I had stumbled upon a few forums of people who had hip replacement and I was surprised at the wide array of comments and issues people had following their surgery. Luckily I wasn't one of them and I know why, it was Dr. Kao. Without a doubt she is the best in the southeast. I have no regrets only appreciation for her and her supporting staff.
My mother had her knee replaced by Dr. Kao. My mother was very apprehensive and Dr. Kao gently guided her through the process, making sure she was strong enough before surgery to withstand the recovery process. She was very responsive to our questions along the way. Her decisions on timing for the surgery were sound, and surgically, my mother has had excellent outcomes. Dr. Kao has been very supportive, which made a world of difference in my mother's care. Would absolutely recommend her!
Powder Springs, GA |
Dr. Kao performed a knee replacement on my 87 year old father. She was fantastic. She explained everything thoroughly, was positive, upbeat, and easy to talk to. We never felt rushed during the visits, Dr Kao answered all our questions and even asked if there was more that she could do. I highly recommend Dr. Kao and I would use her again if/when the need arises.
in Griffin, GA |
I had knee replacement surgery on my right knee on July 1, 2016. Dr. Kao was very thorough and explained every detail from beginning to end. She has an excellent bedside manner. Very friendly and easy to talk to. Extremely knowledgeable in her field and explains it so you understand it. I had no problems with the post surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Kao if you are needing knee replacement. On a scale of 1-10 she is a 10! Thank you Dr. Kao!
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr Kao is an extremely caring and conscientious physician/surgeon. She very clearly reviews all options and makes sure you understand exactly what is being said and what she recommends for you. I am awed by all that she remember and how much she cares. My husband and I have, unfortunately, undergone several surgeries in the last few years. Dr Kao was the only practitioner who called the day before my procedure to reassure me and answer any question I had.
in Marietta, GA |
She's always extremely kind, compassionate, and willing to help with any of my need. She's a wonderful person and a fantastic surgeon. Have loved being her patient!
Have you seen Dr. Ying-Ying Kao, MD?
Are you Dr. Kao?