Dr. Ying-Ying Kao, MD

Dr. Ying-Ying Kao, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  ·
Female
Dr. Ying-Ying Kao, MD is a joint replacement & reconstruction orthopedic specialist in Atlanta, GA and has been practicing for 9 years. She graduated from U OF CHGO DIV OF BIO SCI PRITZKER SCH OF MED in 2009 and specializes in joint replacement & reconstruction orthopedics, orthopedic surgery, and more.Read her story

5671 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ste 900

Atlanta, GA 30342

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Kao

See how frequently Dr. Kao performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee Disorders
Osteoarthritis
Bone Disorders

Dr. Kao's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Kao's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Kao "Finding relief to arthritic pain is something I can help with– it is something I can fix. My goal is to return patients to the things they love, whether it's gardening on the weekend, playing in a weekly tennis league or simply being pain free. I want to help patients get the most out of their life. Struggling with arthritis and deciding if, and when, a total joint replacement is right for you can be a stressful time. Anew joint is a lifelong commitment and it is my job to help guide you through the process, make sure all of your questions are answered, and that you are comfortable with the plan we come up with together. After completing my fellowship training in a hospital specializing in orthopaedic surgery, where the most joint replacements are performed each year in this country, I have learned the newest techniques and have incorporated them into my own practice. I have also had the opportunity to research and present on many cutting-edge topics in joint replacement at national conferences as well as spent time training using the techniques that have been established for years. I love hearing about people's lives and helping them get back to what they love is very important to me."

This content was provided by Dr. Kao "Our mission is to provide excellent, patient-focused and comprehensive musculoskeletal care to the Atlanta community and surrounding areas."

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Spondylosis
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• U OF CHGO DIV OF BIO SCI PRITZKER SCH OF MED
    Medical School | Graduated 2009
  • University of California At San Francisco
  • Hospital for Special Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Kao has no media or publications listed.

• Mandarin

Dr. Kao does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kao and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kao's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kao to family and friends

Dr. Kao's Performance

I had an excellent hip replacement experience with Dr. Kao. at every stage of the process she was informative and encouraging. The outcome was wonderful and effected total cure of a hip problem. I would recommend her without any reservation.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Good day and thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with us! We will be sure to share your kind words with Dr. Kao!

We rate Dr. Kao higher than 5 stars in our family. She was most responsive to an emergency hip issue involving extreme pain and discomfort. She was quite analytical and involved her colleagues in researching the problem and developing the most practical solution. She was very friendly and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0

Hi William and thank you for sharing your experience with us! We will be sure to share your kinds words with Dr. Kao and our colleagues!

Dr Kao is fantastic. She listens, explains everything patiently and thoroughly. I've seen her for my hips and my knee. I have a high degree of confidence in her.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

Hi Carol and thank you for sharing your experience! We will be sure to share your kinds words with Dr. Kao!

We have been more than satisfied with Dr. Koa and her entire practice. Office staff is friendly, professional and knowledgeable. Dr. Koa expertise and excellent training gives every patient confidence . Dr. Koa knows how to listen, ask questions and help the patient understand treatment. We love...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

Hi Margy and thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled Dr. Kao and her staff were able to help you and we will be sure to make her and our colleagues know about your kind comments!

I selected Dr. Kao after reading her bio on Resurgens Staff Portal page I felt confident in my choice and even more so after we talked in person. Dr. Kaos' caring side helped me to understand what was to be expected before and after surgery which also helps to make her a brilliant orthopedic...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

Hi Edith and thank you for your comment! We truly appreciate the feedback and will be sure to share your kind words with Dr. Kao.