Dr. Ying Chi, MD

Practices Orthopedic Hand Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 5 after 37 reviews.
Author:
my hand surgery went so well as I expected. the staff in the clinic and surgery center are all very professional.
Author:
Dr. Chi performed surgery on my right thumb for “trigger finger”. The surgery and recovery were perfect. I have recommended a friend who has a similar problem to her. She did an outstanding job on my right thumb. I highly recommend her.
Author:
Dr. Chi did surgery on my left hand. I had a compression fracture of my left shoulder and I made her aware of that fact. I can’t say enough good about how careful Dr. Chi and the hospital staff were not to injure that shoulder of mine even more than it already was while doing my surgery on that hand. She is very conscientious, a very excellent hand surgeon and I would highly recommend her.
Very kind and through
Author:
She was amazing. gentle and thorough. I received the referral and had an appointment a week later. Dr Chi examined my hand and took x-rays. Analyzed what needed to be done. Arranged the surgery with my hmo. 2 weeks later had the surgery. The surgery center was clean, efficient and the doctor was on time. in and out in an hour. could already use my hand with less pain after a day and almost have all my movement and strength back after 2.5 weeks. Almost no scar.
Author:
I hand De Quervain's release surgery by Dr Chi. She was very professional and thorough explaining the surgery and physical therapy follow up that would be needed to heal. It is now about two years after the surgery and my hand still feels and looks great. Dr. Chi did such a wonderful surgery you cannot even see the scar even though she remarked it was one of the worst cases she had ever seen. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone who needs a doctor for their hands to go to Dr. Chi.
Author:
Dr Chi is an amazing physician. She is super smart, very patient, compassionate and highly skilled in surgical techniques of the hand. She takes the time to explain all details of the procedure including follow-up; OT/PT,etc. Her office staff is great as well - friendly smiles sure help when you're having surgery. When I needed to ask her a question (after hours) she returned my call in minutes. My surgery was "release of trigger finger" that I let go 25 or 30 years. Glad I waited for her!
Author:
Dr. Chi is very good, professional, caring, loving, she took care of my index, explains everything in my last office visit and right before the surgery, and even 2 weeks after. I can't find a word to thank you for removing my pain for good. Also, her office is very clean and relaxing and the staff are very nice, caring and professional. Thank you Dr. Chi ?
Author:
I was very pleased with the professionalism of Dr. Chi in treating my hand surgery needs. I would highly recommend her to anyone with treatment of the hand.
Author:
She is very nice and right to the point. she did very well with my hand surgery. I will recommend her to my family friends and everyone.
Author:
Great experience from beginning to end. Diagnosis was a left middle trigger finger. We tried cortisone first which worked for about 6 months and then symptoms came back. Surgery was two weeks ago and I'm back on the mend. The whole process went well, scheduling appts, seeing the doctor, getting in for surgery, very well. Staff is very friendly and all were helpful with all questions asked. Highly recommend Dr. Chi.
Very nice doctor.
Author:
Went to Dr. Chi for a finger-joint issue and was so impressed that I made sure she was who I went back to for a trigger-finger and a wrist-cyst issue. She is very personable, as is the office help. Surgery was done on-site in the Surgery Center and all nurses were great and Dr. Chi did a great job fixing me up. Would not hesitate to go back if needed! Easy parking too.
Author:
Verh nice person thank you
Author:
Dr CHI was wonderful. She was patient and explained everything. She is happy to answer any questions and is very helpful .
Author:
Dr. Chi is professional, reassuring and pleasant. She is highly regarded in her surgical field by the medical community and I would definitely recommend her. I had surgery for trigger finger and de quervain's syndrome on one hand, stitches removed today and on the way to a good recovery.
Author:
Dr. Chi and her team are wonderful. Dr. Chi made sure I knew what to expect from my hand surgery, post op recovery, etc. Her team at MemorialCare Surgical Center at Orange Coast put me at ease, and called immediately after to check on my status. I couldn't be happier about the care I received.
Author:
Dr. Chi was awesome. Great office skills, she doesn't rush you out. She explained everything and answered all my questions. She also took the time to go over the procedure one more time the morning of surgery. Wish I could use her has my Prime doctor.
Author:
My experience with Dr Chi and her staff was amazing. Very thorough and helpful in explaining my condition & in completing my paperwork. I would give Dr Chi and her staff the highest rating you have. Thank you
Author:
But I do not approve of the staff at all really bad Follow up! The front office is one of the most important parts of any medical practice. I’ve been in the medical field for over 20 years and I feel these days more and more medical practices really don’t care about the staff that they have.
Author:
I have had a total of 4 surgeries on both my hands and they have been done with ease and with little or no pain. I can without hesitation recommend Dr.Chi to any patient. Don't put off your health, take care of your hands today!
Author:
Dr. Chi performed two surgeries on my right hand and arm. First was a revision for carpal tunnel, second was cubital tunnel. I am very pleased with both surgeries. I would recommend her to anyone with hand issues. She is a fantastic doctor. A very kind and caring physician.
Author:
Dr. Chi was awesome. She was very gentle and understanding of the pain I was going through before having the surgery. The surgery went extremely well, and my recovery has been with a minimal amount of pain. I am truly thankful that my primary Dr. recommended Dr. Chi. and I would definitely recommend her to others.
Author:
I really felt comfortable with her and trusted her completely with my surgery.I would highly recommend her to other patients!!
Author:
Dr. Chi did an amazing job putting my hand and finger back together! 3 months following my accident I have almost full use of my hand again, and 100% recovery looks very likely even after severing two tendons and a nerve. Dr. Chi was great to work with, offering all the information and reassurance I needed. Thank you Dr. Chi!
Author:
Had hand surgery by Dr. Chi. Went flawlessly. She came in after surgery to make sure I was doing ok. She is the kindest doctor I have ever had. The best in her field. Her staff is very professional and nice. The whole experience was very pleasant. Highly recommend her to any one. 5*.
Author:
DR CHI WAS GREAT...SHE EXPLAINED EVERYTHING IN DETAIL...SURGERY WAS A SUCCESS...I WOULD USE HER AGAIN FOR FUTURE ISSUES
Author:
Dr. Chi is an outstanding hand surgeon. She is meticulous and my surgery was a great success. I suffered from Dupuytreni's Contracture of my left pinky finger. My finger was significantly bent and it had been years since I had seen it straight. I came to Dr. Chi because the knuckle joint was very painful. Sixteen days post surgery and my finger is straight and I am beginning to be able to bend my finger. The physical therapist is amazed at my progress in such a short time. Thanks to Dr. Chi!
Author:
Dr.Chi was very professional! Her friendly manners gave me confidence that she would take care of all my concerns. I definitely would recommend her to anyone who needs hand surgery! Thank you, Dr. Chi Sincerely, Claire L. Thomas
Author:
I was referred to Dr. Chi through Memorial Care medicare program. My first appointment she took time with me to explain the procedure, carpel tunnel release. Extremely personable but very professional.
Author:
Dr Chi is very passionate and caring specialist, hand surgeon. I've recently had thumb surgery for my CMC joint (thumb), she did an amazing job and was very attentive to my needs during my rehabilitation from my surgery. She explained the procedure, expectations after surgery and the rehabilitation very well and right on point. I'll have to have surgery on my right thumb and Dr. Chi will be doing the surgery! Love her!!
Author:
Ms. Chi is an excellent surgeon. I am completely satisfied with my carpal tunnel release operations to both hands. The care I received was excellent in all respects. Her office and staff were also very good.