Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD

Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD

Neurosurgery | Male | 42 years old

Patient outcome is my number one priority. I have experienced staff who have worked with me for years and work with me to inform the patients as well as make them feel comfortable.Read more

Khavkin Clinic

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Khavkin's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Khavkin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Khavkin

Dr. Khavkin accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 9 hospitals where Dr. Khavkin has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Khavkin's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Khavkin to family and friends
4.2
Experience with Dr. Khavkin
Dr. Khavkin's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (51)
in Las Vegas, NV |
after 40 years of lower back problems and a previous spinal surgery I came to Dr Khavkin. He fused 3 lower lumbars and added titanium support. It is now a little over a year from surgery and I am amazed at how good I feel.
in Las Vegas, NV |
On 7/ 23/ 2015 I fell in my home and sustained a cranial bleed resulting in a hemorrhage to the right temporal lobe and a stroke. I was rushed into emergency brain surgery which was performed by Dr Khavkin and his team around midnight. I am so fortunate, blessed and overwhelming grateful for the timing of EMT's the rapid response and extraordinary skills of Dr Khavkin and his team. Not only did I survive, I have my full cognitive function, precious memories, and my ability to live independent.
in Las Vegas |
My pain level was a ten for eight years before I decided to undergo surgery due to an accident I had in 2007. I finally decided I could no longer stand the pain in my lower four lumbar discs. Several surgeons told me surgery was not a possibility prior to meeting Dr. Khavkin. He stated he could bring me down to a 2-3 pain level. After a 4 1/2 hour surgery and almost a year I am in as much or worse pain than before. I use a cane a lot, and pain relievers. He could care less. Very sad.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I found Dr. Khavkin to be the type of Dr. We seldom see anymore. The patient comes first. He is an xlnt surgeon. He did my Lower Lumbar surgery with no problems post operative. I highly recommend him for any and all back or ???????? Problems. He will continue to be my Dr. His staff is xlnt. You may have to wait awhile for your appt. But plan on it, it's worth the wait. He will give you the same time you need w/ him..
Stay away.. Absolutely the worst doctor. After 2+ hour wait he came in not prepared at all. Never even looked at any of my records or ct/mri films I was told I must bring with me. He asked me several times what insurance I had and what type of attorney I worked for? If it is possible to give minus zero ratings I would!!
in Pahrump |
I'm in the Neuri ICU on Sunday, had tumor removed last Friday. Felt good enough to sit in a chair for 4 hours. Pain management is great. If you have a brain tumor, you want Dr. Khavkin and his staff at Khavkin Clinic on your side. Words fail me but lemme say every step of the whole process has been smooth, all questions answered and we knew what was to occur in advanced. Doctor told my husband he got the tumor out - and you can't get any better than that! God bless Dr. Khavkin and his DreamTeam
in Las Vegas |
3 major back surgeries in 13 mths. When they told us they wanted to schedule a 4th even bigger one after a noticeable rod from the hardware was pushing thru my husbands back i was dumbfounded. I was wondering if it dawned on the surgeons that his body was going thru too much in too short of time and why would you go bigger if rods and screws keep coming out. Dr. Takagis bed side manner is to be desired, maybe that comes in time when you experience your own health issues. Research! Ask questions!
in Las Vegas, NV |
Plan to wait a minimum of 1 hour 30 minutes. I have had to wait this long on each of my three visits. One patient told me she waited 4+ hours once. The waiting room is SRO. Then they have the audacity to post on their tv, Our business grows from your referrals.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I had been a patient of Dr. Khavkin's for my low back. Then I found myself having terrible pain radiating down my arm. I was able to get in quickly to see Dr. Khavkin after an MRI showed a herniated disc in my neck. I had surgery to remove the disc. The surgery was very successful, I am pain free in my neck. I had no post-op problems. Dr. Khavkin and his staff took great care of me. I highly recommend him and his team (they are great).
in Las Vegas, NV |
From my very first appointment I was treated with total respect and kindness. Dr. Khavkin was personable, professional, and not patronizing. He listened to me and was extremely sympathetic to my fears of having to have surgery. Once the surgery was scheduled, I never felt out of the loop; I was completely taken care of. The anterior cervical discectomy and fusion has been so far (8 months out from sx) a success. I highly recommend Dr. Khavkin and his entire team.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I am a retired Radiologist. Dr. Khavkin did a three levels Cervical Spinal fusion on me. I am currently three months post surgery, fully recover with out residual pain. I am extremely satisfy with my post surgical result and follow up x-ray. I had severe cervical spine stenosis with large herniated disc, bony spurs and bar prior to surgery. From my own personal experience as a doctor, I highly recommend Dr. Khavkin.
Have you seen Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD?
Are you Dr. Khavkin?

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

• Brain Surgery
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • CyberKnife®, Cranial (Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Cranial) incl. Gamma Knife and LINAC Photon Beam
  • Deep Brain Stimulation
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

University Of Chicago/The Pritzker School Of Medicine

John Hopkins Hospital

Completed in 2006

Moscow Medical Academy

Graduated in 1994

Dr. Khavkin has no media or publications listed.

• Portuguese
  • Russian

Dr. Khavkin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Khavkin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Khavkin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neurosurgery
  • Board certified in Neurosurgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Khavkin

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Khavkin's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Khavkin

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Khavkin's Care Philosophy