Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD

Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD

NeurosurgeryMale

Neurosurgery

Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Las Vegas, NV and has over 24 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Chicago/The Pritzker School Of Medicine in 1998. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Sunrise Hospital And Medical Center and MountainView Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

653 North Town Center Dr Ste 602 Las Vegas, NV 89144

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Khavkin is affiliated with MountainView Hospital Las Vegas, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Trustworthy Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

More Neurosurgery Specialists at Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center

Dr. Khavkin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Khavkin

3.9

Lack of Acountability for Client's Best Interest
As a behavioral health professional, accountability means putting the client's best interests first and always being able to justify his actions to protect his patient.
Oct 04, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD?
Dr. Khavkin did my initial back surgery in 2019, which was a lower lumbar fusion. I spent 20 months trying to recover but after a brief period of feeling good, things started going. I ended up on 150 pills of Oxycodone per month and was walking with a cane, and the only thing I could do was to sit and lie down. After several new opinions, I went to the Nevada Spine Institute. They determined that the bone never fused and that I needed corrective surgery. I underwent a double back surgery Nov 2021, where using robotic surgery, they replaced the failing hardware, installed new, and used the robots to build a cage inside me. I was up and walking within hours of both surgeries. I now have zero pain in my back, am able to walk without a walker or cane, and feel 20 years younger. I would strongly recommend you seek second, third and fourth opinions at all cost. I regret putting as much faith in Dr. Khavkin as I did. Buyer beware!
Matt R. Cole – Dec 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD?
Wonderful doctor and great staff. Very personable, made sure all of our questions were answered. After reading some reviews, we were hesitant. Our experience was fantastic from start to finish.
Sep 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD?
Dr. Khavkin is a phenomenal surgeon with amazing bedside manner. I had a lower lumbar fusion with him with great results. My issue is with his office staff. IF you can get a phone call back to get in to see him it’s great. In August of 2020 I booked a follow up appointment with him. The day prior to the appointment I was told he would not be in the Las Vegas office but instead in Arizona. As I was traveling from out of town I opted to make the drive to the Arizona clinic. About October of 2020 I received a bill for 3,000 times my copay and come to find out he is out of network in the Arizona office. I have repeatedly attempted to contact the office manager to discuss options, on a weekly and sometimes biweekly basis, with not a single phone call back. It truly is a shame since the physician is such an amazing surgeon but with the inability to get a call back or the office staff to return phone calls consistently I will not be retuning to his office.
Mar 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD?
Dr. Khavkin is professional,knowledgeable, down to earth and have a caring attitude twards the health and wellness of His patients. He consulted me about my lumbar condition, set me up for physical therapy closed to my home and got it done in a timely manner. I strongly recommend Dr. Khavkin to others seeking help. Thanks again Dr. Khavkin u are the best.
Alx, H – Mar 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD?
Dr Khavkin saved my life in 2015 in emergency surgery for hemorhaggic stroke. In 2018 he performed cervical and lumbar surgery taking away 17 years of pain and I have range of motion that my prior surgical consults could not give me.He's my angel. God Bless Him.
Barbara Darensbourg – Mar 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD?
He does horrible surgery and I had to get another surgery done since he was too incompetent to do it correctly the first time! Run!!!
Feb 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD?
Dr Khavkin did a fusion in my cervical spine and he did a great procedure. The scar in my neck is minimal. His staff has been very helpful in after care.
Cathy Debes – Feb 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD?
I trust Dr Khavkin with my life. He has performed my cervical C4-C6 with a C6-C7 revision and my L4-S1. I chose him over another top rated Nuerosurgeon because of his expertise and professionalism. If I should need him in the future, I would not hesitate to travel across country to do so. His staff is courteous and efficient. Nicole goes the extra mile to ensure your hospital and rehabilitation is chosen for your needs.
Dawn L Sanderson – Dec 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD?
I personally have recommended at least 12 friends to Dr. Khavkin. He had to operate on three of them. One surgery to remove tumors from the skull, one for a horrible back, and the third for a spinal cord tumor. Dr. Khavkin absolutely saved her life. The other two surgeries were also successful. He refused to do surgery on several others, including myself thus far. Dr. Khavkin is not only a brilliant surgeon, he does everything possible to avoid surgery. I cannot say enough good about the man.
Gary Schmidt – Aug 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD?
The clinic does not practice social distancing at this Covid times! His wait times are horrific! The clinic is so unorganized! The doctor rushes through your appointment. I definitely have zero confidence in his skills!
Jul 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD?
I’m super grateful to Dr Khavkin for such amazing results after successful spine fusion surgery. After 3 months of excruciating pain in lower back and left leg, he saved my life and I’m pain free and able to walk, work and even exercise just months after surgery! Other doctors were all about treating the symptoms, not root of the problem, drug money and had no skills to help me. Dr Khavkin was straight forward, honest and I’m so happy to be able to live my life again pain free. Thank you!!! ??
Tatiana – Jun 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD?
I lived with neck pain for years and when it finally locked up and hurt so bad I was forced to do something, a different Dr. told me it was just a fluke. Eleven months later I saw Dr. Y Khavkin and he ordereda n opertaion immediately to repair bad disks opinching spinal cord. Personnel at surgery center were fantastic, and no pain immediately after operation. I receommend the entire Khavkin clinic to anyone needing good care and advice.
RONALD WILLIAM BEST – Mar 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD?
Went in for surgery Dr cut artery in my neck bled out and died had to call in another surgeon to fix artery had 3 strikes left side of brain in coma for 5 days never go back or recommend to anyone
Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD?
Thank you Dr Khavkin for saving my mom life,she’s dancing again and only months after her surgery. You are a miracle doctor!
Sep 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD?
HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STAY AWAY. I WILL NEVER RETURN TO OR RECOMMEND THIS CLINIC TO ANYONE. My procedure appointment took 5 weeks to make as staff NEVER called me back. Arrived on time, confirmed the appointment with office manager made for TODAY -- they said it was for tomorrow! ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! The staff is completely inept and I have ZERO confidence my surgery would be handled professionally or appropriately. The don't return calls and make false promises of help that NEVER come true. As a side note, a prisoner in shackles was taken back in a room with guards. It was very uncomfortable for the patients to see guards with guns and a prisoner waiting with other patients. I stood at the desk for 10 minutes - they had no idea who I was or why I was there. Yet, was PROMISED an appointment that never happened that is a precursor to surgery. HORRIBLE experience and huge waist of time. This staff deserves an 'F' in patient. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!
Las Vegas – Apr 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD?
Dr Khavkin correctly diagnosed my husband's issue after a hospitalization and more than six months of treatment by other doctors. While my husband's congenital condition is extremely rare, Dr. Khavkin operated and successfully removed a fistula located within and around my husband's spine. We only wish Dr Khavkin had been the original neurologist on my husband's case so as not to have lost so much time and functionality. Only time is going to tell if he will regain back use of his legs.
Henderson, NV – Mar 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD?
Dr. Khavkin saved my mother's life. She diagnosed with the posterior meningioma (brain tumor) that was located in a very dangerous spot. Dr. Khavkin immediately scheduled the surgery and was able to operate on her within a short time constraint. His bedside manner and caring attitude put us at ease immediately. The brain surgery lasted 8 hours, but was a complete success! My mom had no loss of vision, hearing, or feelings in her body parts. We are forever grateful to Dr. Khavkin and his team!
Albina in Las Vegas, NV – Mar 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD?
Within 60 days of meeting Dr K (and providing 3-yrs of history) I had a lumbar fusion of L3-L5, associated facetectomies, laminectomies, forminotomies, and 2-diskectomies and replacements. After 2-years on walkers and canes I was able to stand fully upright on the evening of my surgery. My reliance on Oxycodone and Morphine post surgery ended within weeks. DrTakagi and MrPope assisted (their 125% bills were surprises) as did RedRockNeurodiag.LLC for EMG (+SURPRISE:$12,500 out of network/pocket!)
Mar 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD?
I recently had a lumbar fusion, L4,5, and S1. Dr. Takagi fixed me! I put this surgery off for a decade because I was afraid and now I wish I would have done it so much sooner. The staff is also very kind and organized. I couldn’t be happier!
Pamela Storey in Las Vegas, NV – Jan 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yevgeniy Khavkin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Khavkin?