Dr. Yatin J. Patel, MD

Dr. Yatin J. Patel, MD

Pulmonology | Male | 54 years old

I suffered from an intractable cough from allergies & asthma as a child. This steered my career towards Pulmonary Medicine. During my training, I was fascinated by the repeated cessation of respiration during sleep in patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea. This fascination lead me to pursue training and board certification in Sleep Medicine. After finishing professional training in 1994, to serve a small community where we can raise our 4 and 1-year-old daughters, we moved to Goshen and started our practice at Sneeze & Snooze Clinic. (We were blessed with a son a year later!) Over last 20 plus years, we have worked with a wonderful group of employees and thousands of patients, whom we had a divine opportunity to work with. To serve our patients better, we opened our Mishawaka office in 2006. Here, is our practice philosophy: 1. See patients promptly. 2. Treat them better than they wish to be treated. 3. Educate them using social media (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter.) 4. Learn continually to provide "State of the Art Care in the Middle of Nowhere." 5. Know your limitation and refer out when you can't help patients locally. Thanks for the opportunity to serve you. God Bless You. Read more

Sneeze & Snooze Clinic

Learn about this Doctor

We strive to treat patients and their family members with compassion, faith, patience, and warmth. We have been helping patients suffering from allergy, sleep, and pulmonary disease since 1994 in Michiana. Visit our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/sneezesnooze for regular updates and helpful tips. Feel free to call me at 574-534-9911 or email me with your comments and suggestions at md4lungs@gmail.com Thank you. God Bless You.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Patel's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Patel's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Patel

Dr. Patel accepts 32 insurance carriers

32 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Patel has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Patel

Dr. Patel's Review Details
4.5 based on 85 responses
Experience with Dr. Patel
Dr. Patel's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (81)
Dr. Yatin J. Patel, MD says

I was shocked to see only 3 stars on my patient satisfaction survey in September of 2014 because that is not what I hear from our patients.

After that initial shock, I did start focusing on my communication with my patients. Now, I sit down facing the patient, make eye contacts, listen attentively, and answer all their questions based on my ability and expertise. I also made it a routine to leave the exam room only after patient leaves!

This intervention has helped me improve my patient care and communication greatly. In addition, I go home happier and buoyant at the end of the day!

Thanks for the constructive criticism. It made me a better person and a better physician.

God Bless You All.

- Yatin J. Patel.

in Goshen, IN |
LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Patel!! EXCELLENT care. He's very motivated & attentive to details. His office is a happy place to be, organized, comfortable. Thumbs up all around.
in Goshen, IN |
A lovely experience of being received physically and spiritually.
Great experience with caring Dr
in Goshen, IN |
Dr. Patel is the reason why I stay out of the hospital!
in Millersburg, IN |
I like that this office runs very much on schedule, and that the staff is always friendly and helpful.
in Goshen, IN |
Dr. Patel is very compassionate with his patients.
in Goshen, IN |
Dr Patel and his staff are very friendly. The front office makes me feel welcome. They smile and are very friendly. I love that I don't have to sit and wait forever in the waiting room.
Have you seen Dr. Yatin J. Patel, MD?

• Pulmonology
  • Sleep Medicine

Why It Matters: Dr. Patel's Board Certifications

• Pulmonology
  • Sleep Medicine

• Acute Sinusitis
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Allergic Rhinitis Due to Pollen
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Sleep Disorders

• Allergy Shots
  • Allergy Skin Testing
  • Allergy Treatment
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)

No malpractice history found for Indiana.

Medical Coll Baroda MS University

Graduated in 1979

• Other Education
    Mendoza College-Notre Dame University

Completed in 2008

Dr. Patel has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi

Dr. Patel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Patel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Patel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Pulmonology
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Patel

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Patel's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Patel

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Patel says...

After finishing professional training in 1994, to serve a small community where we can raise our 4 and 1-year-old daughters, we moved to Goshen and started our practice at Sneeze & Snooze Clinic. (We were blessed with a son a year later!) Over last 20 plus years, we have worked with a wonderful group of employees and thousands of patients, whom we had a divine opportunity to work with.

To serve our patients better, we opened our Mishawaka office in 2006.

Here, is our practice philosophy:

1. See patients promptly.

2. Treat them better than they wish to be treated.

3. Educate them using social media (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter.)

5. Know your limitation and refer out when you can't help patients locally.

Thanks for the opportunity to serve you. God Bless You.

Dr. Patel's Care Philosophy