Dr. Yaser Metwally, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Yaser Metwally, MD
Dr. Yaser Metwally, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Medford, OR. He is 54 years old. Dr. Metwally is affiliated with Providence Medford Medical Center and Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Metwally's Care Philosophy

The physicians of Southern Oregon Orthopedics, Inc. have been providing the residents of Southern Oregon and Northern California with the highest quality orthopedic care available since 1970. Our physicians are active staff members at Rogue Valley Medical Center and Providence Medford Medical Center. We also perform surgeries at the Surgery Center of Southern Oregon. All orthopedic surgeons of Southern Oregon Orthopedic are fellowship trained and are members of AAOS.

Dr. Metwally's Experience

See how Dr. Metwally's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Metwally

Dr. Metwally accepts 16 insurance carriers

Dr. Metwally is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Metwally has admitting privileges.

Dr. Metwally's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Metwally to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Metwally's Performance
in Ashland, OR |
I received my second total hip replacement from Dr. Metwally in July of 2016. He also replaced my first hip in August of 2015. Without hesitation, I highly recommend Dr. Metwally for his professionalism, experience and his ability to really listen to what your challenges are. To complete this journey is no small task and I felt supported throughout by Dr. Metwally and his staff. Thank you so much for helping me get back my life and mobility! You are appreciated!
in Medford, OR |
Dr. Metwally and his staff gave exceptional care to our mother. Not only did the results of her hip surgery exceed our expectations, but we found Dr. Metwally to be very patient, warm, engaging and humorous in his interactions with our mother. Dr. Metwally has improved the quality of our mother’s life, and we are most appreciative!
in Medford, OR |
I had a total Mako knee replacement six weeks ago. I experienced minimal pain after the procedure, and was released from physical therapy after 4 weeks. My dealings with all facilities involved were very professional, and all procedures were well thought out and executed. In short, I think Dr. Metwally is extremely well qualified, and the Mako procedure is simply amazing. I can't recommend Dr. Metwally and Mako surgery too highly. Very professional.
in Medford, OR |
Met with Dr. Metwally and he examined my knee. He showed me the X-ray inwhich I could see I had no cartilage left. He recommended a partial replacement, gave me the stats on this procedure and explained the advantages. He gave me the potential problems, but felt this was the best for me. I said OK and he scheduled the procedure 2 weeks later. I had the procedure on July 4. I did not stay over night at Providence Hospital, I went home the same day. I mowed my lawn in 1 week. It did hurt.
Etna, CA |
In the past ten months I've had two THRs. From diagnosis through recovery, everything went exceptionally well. I am thrilled with the outcome and delighted to be pain free and active once again.
Medford, OR |
My surgery with Dr. Metwally on 6-19-2017 for rt hip replacement went really well. I am 99% pain free with only a little discomfort , which I am sure will be gone soon. I highly recommend Dr Metwally and his staff at the Joint Replacement Center of Southern Oregon, as they take the time to explain everything in a very professional and friendly way.
in Medford, OR |
I gave 2 stars because I saw him in 2016 and his care was okay and that is worth something but now that he has his own practice, he gets a big fat zero from this nursing family. His new front office person is a snot and made my mother feel terrible because she speaks slowly since her stroke. I was outraged when she made my mom cry. I tried to speak with the clinic manager afterward but the manager was even worse. If customer service is important to you, go elsewhere!
in Talent or |
Dr. Metwally was my surgeon for both of my hip replacement surgeries. One in May of 2012 and a second in September of 2013. Every aspect of my care was perfect. With steady rehab and maintenance exercise I have my active life back. I can walk for 5 miles with no pain or even stiffness. Thank you Dr. Metwally and team!
Crescent City, CA |
Dr. Metwally is an awesome physician. No nonsense. Great care. He listens to you and follows through with what he says.
in Ada, OK |
Dr. Metwally could care less. I had my surgery a year and a half ago and have never been without pain. My incision was left open about an inch and it became infected. I asked in the hospital about it being left open but it was just sluffed off. Dr Metwally did not visit me in the hospital. Dr Metwally did not recommend physical therapy until my eventual insistance. After suffering all this time I have had a bone scan showing that the hardware is loose. Very disappointing!
in Medford, Oregon |
A good technician but a poor Physician. No interest in patient care after surgery, mercenary, neglectful of patients needs, arrogant and irresponsible! Poor communicator and aloof - would never recommend him. Needs a course in sensitivity training and the art of medicine!
in Medford, OR |
Did a fantastic job on my mother's hip replacement! He checked in with us all through the process, is very capable and provided wonderful after care!
in Sonora, CA |
Dr. Metwally saved my leg. After being told by others that I would never have a hip again, Dr. Metwally succeeded! He his very caring.
Have you seen Dr. Yaser Metwally, MD?
Are you Dr. Metwally?

Compare Dr. Metwally

Dr. Metwally's Care Philosophy

Dr. Metwally's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Metwally has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

Why It Matters: Dr. Metwally's Board Certifications

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Amyloidosis
  • Ankle Fracture
  • Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
  • Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Ataxia
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fever
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hepatitis B - Immune Response
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hip Sprain
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Swelling
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Osteochondritis Dissecans
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Pelvic Fracture
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture

Dr. Metwally does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Metwally and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Rheumatology