Neurosurgery  |
Male
Dr. Yaron Moshel, MD
Dr. Yaron Moshel is co-director of The Brain Tumor Center of New Jersey at Atlantic Health System's Overlook Medical Center in Summit and part of the neurosurgical team at Atlantic Neurosurgical Specialists in Morristown. He is also Clinical Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery at NYU Langone Medical Center.Dr. Moshel is one of a select few surgeons who specialize in removing deep-seated brain tumors using technology that includes computer-guided navigation, awake intraoperative brain mapping, endoscopy, and microsurgery. Dr. Moshel is a vital part of Overlook Medical Center's CyberKnife Program making it the largest CyberKnife Program in the tri-state region for the treatment of brain tumors. Dr. Moshel is also actively involved in advancing the treatment of brain tumors and actively participates in national multicenter clinical trials, most recently working with an autologous dendritic cell vaccine and on a retroviral vaccine trial for recurrent brain tumors. Previously Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, Dr. Moshel's clinical interests and neurosurgical abilities extend beyond the treatment of brain tumors. He is experienced in the surgical approaches for skull base and spine tumors and in endoscopic transnasal surgery for pituitary and skull base lesions. His practice also encompasses the surgical treatment of epilepsy and minimally invasive treatment of trigeminal neuralgia. Dr. Moshel is Board Certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgeons and he is a member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, the Congress of Neurological Surgeons, North American Skull Base Society, AANS/CNS Joint Section on Tumors and Joint Section on Disorders of the Spine. He is actively involved in the training and mentoring of neurosurgical residents and serves as a reviewer for the Scientific Program Committee of the AANS Tumor Section. Additionally, Dr. Moshel has visited with several internationally renowned neurosurgeons and received numerous awards for his academic excellence and neurosurgical research including grant support from the American Cancer Society. As an active contributor to neurosurgical research, he has published many scholarly articles in the Journal of Neurosurgery, Neurosurgery and Epilepsia. He has also authored several book chapters on advances in stereotactic and minimally invasive spine and brain surgery.Dr. Moshel is actively involved in the ANS Center for Hope brain tumor support group and his most important daily focus is on patient care. He has been recognized for his unwavering commitment and dedication to his patients and strives to further cancer treatments with them in mind.

310 Madison Ave Ste 300

Morristown, NJ 07960

Dr. Yaron Moshel, MD

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Moshel

Dr. Moshel's Experience

Dr. Moshel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

• Complex Skull Base Surgery
  • Complex Spine Surgery
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Craniotomy for Brain Tumor
  • CyberKnife®, Cranial (Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Cranial) incl. Gamma Knife and LINAC Photon Beam
  • Deep Brain Stimulation
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Microdiscectomy
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Spinal or Cranial
  • Stereotactic Surgery
  • Stereotaxis
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• New York University
  • New York Presbyterian Hospital-New York Weill Cornell Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010
  • NYU Med Ctr NYU Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Moshel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Moshel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Moshel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Moshel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Moshel to family and friends
Dr. Moshel's Performance
in Stroudsburg, PA |
Dr Moshel is one of the best neurosurgeon I ever met. He explained everything and he's very confident in what he's doing. To me , he's one of God's angel. He sees human life as beautiful He is someone you could trust in. He operated on me on sept 6 doing craniotomy decompression and c1 laminectomy. I diagnosed with chiari mal formations of the brain. It's was done successfully. No complaints afterward s.
I can't say enough about my great experience with Dr. MOSHEL and his team (especially Beth). At this difficult time, his knowledge, experience, and compassion centered me and my family. God smiled on me through Dr. MOSHEL.
We're having a great experience with doctors and staff. Very informative and polite
Dr MOSHEL took care of me as soon as I started developing my symptoms. Its been a few months since my surgery and I'm getting stronger each day thanks to him and his staff.
My experience with Dr Moshel has been outstanding in every aspect. He did a successful surgery on my tumor on the cerebellum with absolutely no side effects. His staff is knowledgeable and takes time to address all questions. Glad I am using this group.
Dr. Moshel was an excellent surgeon. He made it easy for me understand all of the confusing medical issues I was having. I was extremely pleased to have him as my surgeon.
Dr. MOSHEL removed a multi form brain tumor immediately and saved my life. He is very intelligent and compassionate doctor. I would recommend him to anyone with a tumor.
Dr.Moshel spends time explaining all info he receives that supports his diagnosis. He is a truly caring Dr. He is confident in his diagnosis & conveys it well. Office staff is efficient & helpful.
Excellent. Dr. MOSHEL has excellent bed side manners, is especially helpful and knowledgeable.
Fabulous dr. We're terrific much improved from ny first visit
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr. Moshel is the best. A good friend of mine recommended him to help with a pinched nerve in my neck. From the start, I could tell he was looking out for my best interest and gave me personable advice that was best for me and my condition. He is attentive, efficient and just down right a great doctor, but a better person. I highly recommend him for anyone that is looking for neurologist.
in Union,Nj |
We were referred to Dr Moshel after finding a brain tumor on my fathers preadmission MRI . This was an unexpected finding. He was extremely thorough and very knowledgeable and put our family at ease during our office consultation . My father was operated on the tumor was removed he did an excellent job . We are so appreciative and thankful to Dr Moshel and his staff for the excellent care that he's given to our father..
in Morristown, NJ |
The absolute best!
in Randolph, NJ |
Dr Moshel was the most caring doctor I have ever had the pleasure to ha to deal with. Before and after the surgery, he was so helpful. He would dicuss all the details and everything we need to know before making any decision about surgery . You can see how much he really cares about you as a person.
Morristown, NJ |
Dr, Moshel saved my life and he will spend whatever time I need addressing my health issues and answering my questions. He is very responsive and returns my calls as soon as he is available. Dr. Moshel is very thorough and compassionate. He explains things in simple terms and explains alternative treatments. He cares and is apologetic about those few times I had to wait and he had to deal with more pressing patients. The ANS practice is courteous, caring, and supports their patients.
in Fairfield, NJ |
Dr. Moshel is the best doctor I have ever been to for my particular issue. He spent a lot of time with me and explained all of my options in detail. I took his advice and I'm like a new person now!
in Bridgewater, Nj |
Dr. Moshe is a caring excellent surgeon. I would highly recommend him.
in Mendham NJ |
Dr Moshel & his team are the absolute best of the best! I can't thank them all for their great care & support! Dr Moshe spent so much time with my family & I explaining in great T detail!
in westfield, new jersey |
The experience has been positive and supportive. Dr Moshell is an exceptional surgeon and a caring and considerate doctor. He spends a good amount of time with us and explains all our options. We are very lucky to be treated by such a gifted and wonderful human being
New York, NY |
Very confident and knowledgeable. He made sure our questions were answered and expedited the surgery as needed. Highly recommended. Surgery was successful.
in Port Murray, NJ |
Dr Moshel is a phenomenal Neurosurgeon. He explained everything in detail, answered all our questions, and really put us at ease. We would highly recommend him.
Madison, NJ |
Wonderful. He is very knowledgeable and reassuring.
Have you seen Dr. Yaron Moshel, MD?
Are you Dr. Moshel?

Visit Dr. Moshel

Dr. Moshel accepts 4 insurance carriers
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Medicare