Dr. Yared Gebreyesus, MD

18 Reviews
Dr. Gebreyesus

Blue Nile Medical Center

85 S Bragg St Ste 100 Alexandria, VA 22312

Dr. Yared Gebreyesus, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Alexandria, VA and has been practicing for 14 years. He graduated from Addis Ababa University in 1988 and specializes in internal medicine, geriatric medicine, and more.

• Hospital satisfaction Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals
  • Good patient care Patients said they had exceptional care at this hospital. See hospitals
  • Practices at top hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Gebreyesus accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Gebreyesus has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(703) 845-0700Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Gebreyesus treats your condition or procedure

3.6

Dr. Gebreyesus?
Dr. Gebreyesus' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Yared Gebreyesus, MD
Went in for clear lower back pain, he pumped me full of steroids and sent me for an X-Ray. Then it took nearly a week, and several "the doctor's not in today"/"the doctor left for the day"/"the doctor will call you back"/"our system is down" to finally get nothing more than an "everything's normal" after the doctor finally bothered to look at my x-ray. Had a more serious issue a few weeks later and went to the ER. Had a CT Scan, clearly showing a herniated disc, which an x-ray would not have shown and should have been fairly evident from my symptoms/conditions. Will not be going back to Blue Nile.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yared Gebreyesus, MD?
Extremely unprofessional and its obvious he doesn't know anything about practicing medicine. A physical exam requires you to actually physically examine the patient. This Dr spend less than 3 minutes in the room. He never examined me, and when questions were asked to him, he just shrugged. This Dr. is scamming people and insurance companies out of money. He should be in jail! Stay clear!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yared Gebreyesus, MD?
I have seen Dr. Gebreysus for the first time when I moved here and needed urgent help on a Saturday. I saw on occasions all of the doctors in the practice. They all are A+++ doctors, very knowledgeable. Dr. Gebreyesus is the best for his impeccable bed manners and collecting comprehensive data from the patient to make an informed diagnosis. Being classically trained, with all the PDR in his head, he makes me very confident of his evaluations. Thank you for your compassionate expert care!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yared Gebreyesus, MD?
BEWARE ! Unprofessional conduct prescribing an NSAID medication to me when he had documentation I've provided him for years that I'm allergic to NSAID's, and took advantage of my trust because I didn't know Celebrex was an NSAID that caused harm to my stomach and made me vomit blood. Once Yared found out I disapproved with his treatment plan, his kind-like attitude he's shown for years disappeared to childish rudeness. I would not recommend Dr Gebreyesus to anyone and hope to help innocent folks
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yared Gebreyesus, MD?
Terrible clinic BEWARE, After waiting for over an hour and 20mins from my scheduled appointment time Dr. Yared strolled in the room, After about 3mins he stated that what the hospital said was wrong and there was nothing wrong with me although I still had the same symptoms from being in the ER, and that I should seek out another doctor as he refused to treat any of the problems that I came in with. This guy isnt interested in diagnosing or treating any serious problems as that would cause hi
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yared Gebreyesus, MD?
Dr.Yared A Gerbreyesus gave a temporary refill, gave lab work & supposed to revise prescription and I would not have to visit him.Lab report came back following week. I called his office 3 time over next 3 weeks . Front desk lady (Paolla) confirmed that report was sitting on Dr. Yared's email and he did not had time to look at (!!!). Dr. went to vacation (!!!!!!) and I am without medicine. This Dr. seems to be about making money, not caring about patient. It is risky to got to this Doctor again
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yared Gebreyesus, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gebreyesus?

As an internal medicine specialist, I provide high-quality, comprehensive care for adults of all ages. I have special interests in diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol and lipid disorders and most chronic medical conditions.

• Geriatric Medicine

Aurora Sinai Med Center
1988
Addis Ababa University

• Amharic

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Gebreyesus treats patients.

64% Patient experience rating, 5% lower than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2018)

Mary Washington Hospital