Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation  |
Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD
Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD is a physical medicine & rehabilitation doctor who practices in Glen Allen, VA. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Gu is affiliated with Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Medical Center, Bon Secours - Memorial Regional Medical Center and Henrico Doctors' Hospital.

Glen Allen Office

5213 Hickory Park Dr Ste B

Glen Allen, VA 23059

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Gu

equal rights

Dr. Gu's Experience

Dr. Gu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

• Back Sprain
  • Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
  • Chronic Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Heel Spur
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Neck Pain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

• Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• China Medical University
  • Orthopaedic and Reconstructive Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Sarah Rehabilitation Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Gu has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese

Dr. Gu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gu to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Gu's Performance
in Glen Allen, VA |
The PA was excellent. I barely saw Dr. Gu. He relied totally on the PA. I didn't mind that because I agreed that his PA was excellent. However, the second time that I went for an appointment, I was confused about the time (continued headaches). I was 20 minutes late (I thought I was 10 minutes early) and the staff said I was too late. Then I get a bill for $75.00. I did appeal the bill with the billing office in Cinncinati and did not have to pay the $75.00. Even so, I do not plan to return.
in Hanover |
Office staff is inconsiderate and rude, and the woman who is supposed to obtain insurance authorizations does not do her job. Twice authorization has not been obtained prior to my husband's injection visits. Humana stated to me authorization had not been requested until the day prior and it takes 3-4 days to receive. So here I sit with a husband in excruciating pain, and I'm now tasked with locating a reputable pain specialist ASAP, as we will not return to Dr. Gu.
in Richmond, VA |
The staff is absolutely horrible. My PCP made me an appointment for an urgent situation. After calling to say I was 5 minutes late, they said I would have to cancel because I should have arrived 30 minutes early. These people are the most inconsiderate and unhelpful people I have ever encountered. DO NOT USE!!!!
Glen Allen, VA |
After more than 6 visits where Gu treated my husband with injections, my husband still has no pain relief. In fact the injections have resulted in subsrantial additional pain for several days after each set of injections. How long will this doctor insist on torturing my husband with injections that provide no pain relief, but instead cause more pain?
Richmond, VA |
Horrible! Office staff shows no concern about you being in pain --only getting paid. Out of pocket balance owed must be below $200, before you can be seen again. I went to receive more injections and was denied service because my balance was over 200, even after I told them the insurance already sent the payment. BTW- The money owed was for injections I received a month ago, which did absolutely nothing. I was asked to reschedule--earliest being some time next month. Stay clear of this mess
in Richmond, VA |
This is an excellent surgeon who is dedicated to solving his patient's pain issues
Richmond, VA |
Very kind and compassionate. Diagnosed actual problem quickly and accurately. Willing to collaborate with other healthcare providers.
in Richmond, VA |
I would not recommend my dog to Dr. Gu or lack there of to carry the title of being a doctor. He is rude, nasty, doesn't answer questions and only wants to treat patients with esi's even though they have had the injections twice and it didn't work for them. His bedside manner is atrocious, and he barely opens his mouth to speak the same broken English that cannot be understood. I drove over an hour to his Glenside office to see him at 8:15 and it was a total waste of my time!
in Glen Allen, VA |
I have been with Dr.Gu for almost two years now. I was in pain management at another clinic and they just closed down (Very shocking) with little or no help in finding another doctor. After telling my friend they mentioned Dr GU and I called the Glen Allen office right away to make my appointment the staff was wonderful . I got my first appointment within the time I needed it and when I met Dr. Gu he was amazing really cares about your pain and quality of life. Amazing staff and doctors.
in Ashland, VA |
Dr.Gu. is very professional and prompt listens to you problem and takes immediate action.
Garner, NC |
Dr. Gu was not interested in hearing about the doctors I had seen for my condition prior to seeing him. He didn't care about all of the treatments I've been through, none of which worked. He offered to do more of the same injections I already had, which did not work. He refused to consider any other treatment. He refused to take over where my previous pain doctor left me when he closed his practice. He can do one thing, and if you don't fit that one thing, you're out of luck. Then he up and left
in Fredericksburg, VA |
I'm a spinal cord injury patient and I've seen various pain management Dr's, there has been only 1 other that has shown the care and concern of Dr. Gu and his staff. I'd easily recommend Dr. Gu to family, friends and anyone who suffer from long term chronic pain.
in Mechanicsville, VA |
I am writing on behalf of my sister who has multiple sclerosis and can not. She suffers with severe pain from both the Ms and scoliosis of the spine. She was enthusiastic about seeing this Dr in hopes that he could help her. She is wheelchair bound and had to schedule a pick-up from medical transportation. Once there, she paid a copay was seen by an assistant for approximately 2 minutes. Dr Hu walked in for about 30 seconds. They then told her that they don't see patients like her
in Richmond VA |
Dr.Gu did not listen to me. He ordered repeat MRI and XRays. Did an epidural that today still hasn't given reliief. After repeated calling him begging for help he decided he could do nothing for me. If you are going to see him make sure you have money because regardless of pain level you will be told to reschedule and go home. Also there are several doctor's names on the door but he is the only one. Wish I had done my homework before paying for nothing.
in n.chesterfield |
I have peripheral neuropathy that is treated with opioid medicine I have been treated for many years and have tried other medications that do not work I called the doctor intake nurse she told me that I would be treated with opioid medicines and that is what he does for peripheral neuropathy When I got to the office I was denied any treatment I was told that I would have to go to someone else. The nurse athe doctor abruptly left the office. The doctor offered no other treatment for my condition
in Glen Allen, VA |
Dr Gu is very , caring, patience, and very thorough with each assessment and diagnosis. He knows his job and does it very well, definitely a people person who takes the time to talk and explain and explain the best course of treatment for you. Outstanding bedside manner which speaks volume! AWESOME DOCTOR!
in Aylett, VA |
After my Doctor of 18 years retired I found myself searching for a new Chronic Pain Physician. That was when I found National Spine & Pain Centers and Dr Gu at the Glen Allen Virginia office of National Spine and Pain Centers. Dr Gu is wonderful and the staff in the office are top notch. I am VERY glad to have found them and look forward to a long relationship. Regina Myers, Aylett, VA
Have you seen Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD?
Are you Dr. Gu?

Blue Preferred PPO
    CareFirst Maryland POS
    Southern Health PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA