Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation ·  Male · Age 55

Dr. Gu

National Spine & Pain Centers

5213 Hickory Park Dr Ste B Glen Allen, VA 23059

Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD is a physical medicine & rehabilitation specialist in Glen Allen, VA and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from China Medical University in 1987 and specializes in physical medicine & rehabilitation and sports medicine.

Dr. Gu accepts

Dr. Gu accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
KeyCare PPO
Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS
Coventry Health Care
Southern Health PPO

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check Dr. Gu's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Gu treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Fibromyalgia

Dr. Gu treats Fibromyalgia more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Gu treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Deposition Disease-Related Fibromyalgia

• Chest Wall Pain Syndrome
  • Chronic Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Injection
  • Facet Joint Injection
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Heel Spur
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

5.128205128205129%

Dr. Gu?
Dr. Gu's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD
I have found Dr Gu to be very pleasant always and very professional. His staff and other Drs have always been respectful and pleasant. I tried injections but they did not work for me. Dr Gu and I discussed doing a radio frequency ablasion to deaden the nerves. I had the procedure done and it has helped with the pain. I work closely with Dr Steven for monitoring my situation and he is an outstanding Dr as well. Great bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD?
Dr Gupta has helped me by giving me attention to my health care.. some things I didn't agree with but I still gave him a chance to help me HE'S EXCELLENT ??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD?
Poor communicator. Kept mumbling under his breath, while walking around, instead of listening to me, and answering my questions. I left feeling thoroughly confused. When I asked about the procedure, he handed me a brochure. I used the restroom before I left, and found several of those same brochures, left in the restroom. I was quite frustrated that he did not answer my questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD?
The PA was excellent. I barely saw Dr. Gu. He relied totally on the PA. I didn't mind that because I agreed that his PA was excellent. However, the second time that I went for an appointment, I was confused about the time (continued headaches). I was 20 minutes late (I thought I was 10 minutes early) and the staff said I was too late. Then I get a bill for $75.00. I did appeal the bill with the billing office in Cinncinati and did not have to pay the $75.00. Even so, I do not plan to return.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD?
Office staff is inconsiderate and rude, and the woman who is supposed to obtain insurance authorizations does not do her job. Twice authorization has not been obtained prior to my husband's injection visits. Humana stated to me authorization had not been requested until the day prior and it takes 3-4 days to receive. So here I sit with a husband in excruciating pain, and I'm now tasked with locating a reputable pain specialist ASAP, as we will not return to Dr. Gu.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD?
The staff is absolutely horrible. My PCP made me an appointment for an urgent situation. After calling to say I was 5 minutes late, they said I would have to cancel because I should have arrived 30 minutes early. These people are the most inconsiderate and unhelpful people I have ever encountered. DO NOT USE!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD?
After more than 6 visits where Gu treated my husband with injections, my husband still has no pain relief. In fact the injections have resulted in subsrantial additional pain for several days after each set of injections. How long will this doctor insist on torturing my husband with injections that provide no pain relief, but instead cause more pain?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD?
Horrible! Office staff shows no concern about you being in pain --only getting paid. Out of pocket balance owed must be below $200, before you can be seen again. I went to receive more injections and was denied service because my balance was over 200, even after I told them the insurance already sent the payment. BTW- The money owed was for injections I received a month ago, which did absolutely nothing. I was asked to reschedule--earliest being some time next month. Stay clear of this mess
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD?
This is an excellent surgeon who is dedicated to solving his patient's pain issues
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD?
Very kind and compassionate. Diagnosed actual problem quickly and accurately. Willing to collaborate with other healthcare providers.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD?
I would not recommend my dog to Dr. Gu or lack there of to carry the title of being a doctor. He is rude, nasty, doesn't answer questions and only wants to treat patients with esi's even though they have had the injections twice and it didn't work for them. His bedside manner is atrocious, and he barely opens his mouth to speak the same broken English that cannot be understood. I drove over an hour to his Glenside office to see him at 8:15 and it was a total waste of my time!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD?
I have been with Dr.Gu for almost two years now. I was in pain management at another clinic and they just closed down (Very shocking) with little or no help in finding another doctor. After telling my friend they mentioned Dr GU and I called the Glen Allen office right away to make my appointment the staff was wonderful . I got my first appointment within the time I needed it and when I met Dr. Gu he was amazing really cares about your pain and quality of life. Amazing staff and doctors.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD?
Dr.Gu. is very professional and prompt listens to you problem and takes immediate action.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD?
Dr. Gu was not interested in hearing about the doctors I had seen for my condition prior to seeing him. He didn't care about all of the treatments I've been through, none of which worked. He offered to do more of the same injections I already had, which did not work. He refused to consider any other treatment. He refused to take over where my previous pain doctor left me when he closed his practice. He can do one thing, and if you don't fit that one thing, you're out of luck. Then he up and left
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD?
I'm a spinal cord injury patient and I've seen various pain management Dr's, there has been only 1 other that has shown the care and concern of Dr. Gu and his staff. I'd easily recommend Dr. Gu to family, friends and anyone who suffer from long term chronic pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD?
I am writing on behalf of my sister who has multiple sclerosis and can not. She suffers with severe pain from both the Ms and scoliosis of the spine. She was enthusiastic about seeing this Dr in hopes that he could help her. She is wheelchair bound and had to schedule a pick-up from medical transportation. Once there, she paid a copay was seen by an assistant for approximately 2 minutes. Dr Hu walked in for about 30 seconds. They then told her that they don't see patients like her
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD?
Dr.Gu did not listen to me. He ordered repeat MRI and XRays. Did an epidural that today still hasn't given reliief. After repeated calling him begging for help he decided he could do nothing for me. If you are going to see him make sure you have money because regardless of pain level you will be told to reschedule and go home. Also there are several doctor's names on the door but he is the only one. Wish I had done my homework before paying for nothing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD?
I have peripheral neuropathy that is treated with opioid medicine I have been treated for many years and have tried other medications that do not work I called the doctor intake nurse she told me that I would be treated with opioid medicines and that is what he does for peripheral neuropathy When I got to the office I was denied any treatment I was told that I would have to go to someone else. The nurse athe doctor abruptly left the office. The doctor offered no other treatment for my condition
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD?
Dr Gu is very , caring, patience, and very thorough with each assessment and diagnosis. He knows his job and does it very well, definitely a people person who takes the time to talk and explain and explain the best course of treatment for you. Outstanding bedside manner which speaks volume! AWESOME DOCTOR!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD?
After my Doctor of 18 years retired I found myself searching for a new Chronic Pain Physician. That was when I found National Spine & Pain Centers and Dr Gu at the Glen Allen Virginia office of National Spine and Pain Centers. Dr Gu is wonderful and the staff in the office are top notch. I am VERY glad to have found them and look forward to a long relationship. Regina Myers, Aylett, VA
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yaoming Gu, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gu?

National Spine & Pain Centers