Dr. Yan Liu, MD

Dr. Yan Liu, MD

Cardiology  |
Dr. Yan Liu, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Marble Falls, TX. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 10 years. Read his story

103 Max Starcke Dam Rd

Marble Falls, TX 78654

(830) 798-2082

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • FirstCare Health Plans
  • Galaxy Health Network

Learn about Dr. Liu

See how frequently Dr. Liu performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Heart Disease
Vascular Disease
Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)

Dr. Liu's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Liu's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Liu "Dr. Liu completed his medical training and cardiology fellowship from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where he served as chief cardiology fellow and clinical assistant professor. Prior to that, he received a PhD in Immunology from Duke University and completed his internal medicine residency in Austin, Texas with University of Texas Southwestern."

This content was provided by Dr. Liu "Patient-centered, team-based, communication-focused, quality-prioritized care for our patients. Guided by the principle that it is an honor and privilege to care for patients, we treat our patients as if they are our own family members.

When it comes to your heart, you need your "family". "

• Cardiology

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Defects, Adult
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Edema
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • Mitral Valve Disease
  • Mitral Valve Stenosis
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
  • Pulmonary Hypertension
  • Septal Defect
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Venous Insufficiency

• Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Event Monitor
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Diagnostic Cardiac Catheterization
  • Echocardiography
  • Nuclear Cardiac Imaging
  • Nuclear Stress Testing
  • Stress Echocardiogram
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
  • Treadmill Stress Test
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography

• Duke University, Durham, NC
    Medical School | Graduated 2007
  • Harbin Medical University
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • U NC Chapel Hill-U NC Hosps
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Liu has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Liu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Liu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Liu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Liu to family and friends
Dr. Liu's Performance
in Marble Falls TX |
Very thorough..explains in language you can understand..articulate,, engaging & very personable.
in Marble Falls, TX |
Dr. Liu is a qualified caring Cardiologist. It is refreshing to have a doctor like him that takes time to explain the tests and the medications for the best of care. Very conscientious in recommendations for the patient. He reviews all medical records & other doctor's plan of medical treatment. I never feel rushed. I'm thankful to have a professional like him for my medical needs.
in Burnet, TX |
I have already recommended Dr. Liu to friends and family.
Lampasas, TX |
Dr. Liu is very thorough and caring. His staff is very friendly and courteous as well. . Dr. Never left me wondering about anything and welcomed my questions. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience.
in Horsshoe Bay, Texas |
I have a pacemaker and cancer and see a lot of doctors. Three of them I rate as outstanding plus. Dr. Liu is one of them.
in Kempner, TX |
Dr Liu is thorough, knowledgeable, courteous, and patient. He instills confidence in me that I am receiving excellent heart care and that I am in good hands. He answers questions willingly and does not make one feel rushed. I am most fortunate to be in his care.
in Marble Falls, TX |
Dr. Liu is a very knowledgeable, and professional Cardiologist. The best part is he listens and at no time does he make his patients feel uncomfortable.
in Marble Falls, TX |
Dr Liu is a wonderful physician. He takes time to listen to YOU and takes time with explanations and answering questions. Besides that, he is friendly and caring.
in Horseshoe Bay, TX |
Dr. Yan Liu is very professional, knowledgable, listens, answers your questions. Dr. Liu is the best Cardiologist I've seen. I trust his judgement, his treatment, his caring about what is best for his patients. I highly recommend Dr. Liu.
San Antonio, TX |
this was my first visit to the Marble Falls location. THe office environment was absolutely pristine and actually had a calming affect for me. My appointment was on time and the nurse preparing me for my visit with Dr. Liu was personable yet professional. Dr. Liu was right punctual, shook my hand when introducing himself and put me at ease. He advised more testing and this was all scheduled before I left the office, and, all the tests will be done at this same location. Well done!!!!
Buchanan Dam, TX |
Dr. Liu was very understanding and helpful with my new heart issue. He devoted adequate time with me. My wife and I were both very comfortable with his concern and expertise. Thank you.
in Kingsland, TX |
This was my initial visit. The Marble Falls office was very nice. The staff all very professional, friendly and competent. The initial exam was sufficient, along with the medical records I brought for Dr Liu to form an opinion about my condition, change a medication and order further testing. He did an excellent job of listening to my comments and questions and explaining all facets of my condition and how he was led to prescribe the testing and medication change. I felt very well-informed.
Buchanan Dam, TX |
I am very happy to have Dr.Liu as my doctor. I trust him.
in Kingsland, TX |
I could not be more satisfied with a doctor of any area of specialization. I began seeing him in September, 2016 and my esteem for him grows with each visit.
Marble Falls, TX |
This was my first visit to Dr. Liu. He was professional, knowledgeable and took time to explain my heart situation. I will definitely recommend him to my friends.
in Johnson City, TX |
Dr Liu is very good and has helped me Through my bad times . He is efficient, kind and brilliant. He is an asset to your Marble Falls unit. Sincerely, Gwen Driskell
in Horseshoe Bay, TX |
Dr. Liu is caring, compassionate, incredibly thorough and very smart. His medical knowledge goes beyond the heart, as I have cancer, which complicates my heart problems. Dr. Liu is knowledgeable about chemo and other drugs as they relate to the heart and is on top of my situation. I feel safe and secure under his care. He is the absolute best cardiologist I have had, bar none.
in Horseshoe Bay, TX |
This was first visit with Dr. Liu although I have been a patient with Austin Heart for eight years. I was very impressed with Dr. Liu's knowledge of my medical history and his explanation of my current condition. He is easy to talk with and is open to questions. After routine office testing and examination he was ready to recommend bi-annual testing for greater determination of my heart condition. I completely agreed. I recommend Dr. Liu to anyone in need of a great cardiologist.
Have you seen Dr. Yan Liu, MD?
Are you Dr. Liu?

Visit Dr. Liu

Dr. Liu accepts 20 insurance carriers
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas