Dr. Yan Liu, MD

Cardiology | Male

Austin Heart Marble Falls 103 Max Starcke Dam Rd Marble Falls, TX 78654 Get Directions
Dr. Yan Liu, MD
Dr. Liu completed his medical training and cardiology fellowship from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where he served as chief cardiology fellow and clinical assistant professor. Prior to that, he received a PhD in Immunology from Duke University and completed his internal medicine residency in Austin, Texas with University of Texas Southwestern.

Dr. Liu's Care Philosophy

Patient-centered, team-based, communication-focused, quality-prioritized care for our patients. Guided by the principle that it is an honor and privilege to care for patients, we treat our patients as if they are our own family members. When it comes to your heart, you need your "family".

Dr. Liu's Experience

See how Dr. Liu's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Liu

Check out the quality of care at the 7 hospitals where Dr. Liu has admitting privileges.

Dr. Liu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Liu to family and friends
Dr. Liu's Performance
in Marble Falls, TX |
Dr. Liu is a very knowledgeable, and professional Cardiologist. The best part is he listens and at no time does he make his patients feel uncomfortable.
in Marble Falls, TX |
Dr Liu is a wonderful physician. He takes time to listen to YOU and takes time with explanations and answering questions. Besides that, he is friendly and caring.
in Horseshoe Bay, TX |
Dr. Yan Liu is very professional, knowledgable, listens, answers your questions. Dr. Liu is the best Cardiologist I've seen. I trust his judgement, his treatment, his caring about what is best for his patients. I highly recommend Dr. Liu.
San Antonio, TX |
this was my first visit to the Marble Falls location. THe office environment was absolutely pristine and actually had a calming affect for me. My appointment was on time and the nurse preparing me for my visit with Dr. Liu was personable yet professional. Dr. Liu was right punctual, shook my hand when introducing himself and put me at ease. He advised more testing and this was all scheduled before I left the office, and, all the tests will be done at this same location. Well done!!!!
Buchanan Dam, TX |
Dr. Liu was very understanding and helpful with my new heart issue. He devoted adequate time with me. My wife and I were both very comfortable with his concern and expertise. Thank you.
in Kingsland, TX |
This was my initial visit. The Marble Falls office was very nice. The staff all very professional, friendly and competent. The initial exam was sufficient, along with the medical records I brought for Dr Liu to form an opinion about my condition, change a medication and order further testing. He did an excellent job of listening to my comments and questions and explaining all facets of my condition and how he was led to prescribe the testing and medication change. I felt very well-informed.
Buchanan Dam, TX |
I am very happy to have Dr.Liu as my doctor. I trust him.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Liu is an outstanding & knowledgeable cardiologist. I did not feel rushed during my visit. He is a caring Dr. who was interested in my medical needs. I am thankful he is at Austin Heart Marble Falls. I Highly recommend him. I have confidence in him for my care.
in Kingsland, TX |
I could not be more satisfied with a doctor of any area of specialization. I began seeing him in September, 2016 and my esteem for him grows with each visit.
Marble Falls, TX |
This was my first visit to Dr. Liu. He was professional, knowledgeable and took time to explain my heart situation. I will definitely recommend him to my friends.
in Johnson City, TX |
Dr Liu is very good and has helped me Through my bad times . He is efficient, kind and brilliant. He is an asset to your Marble Falls unit. Sincerely, Gwen Driskell
in Horseshoe Bay, TX |
Dr. Liu is caring, compassionate, incredibly thorough and very smart. His medical knowledge goes beyond the heart, as I have cancer, which complicates my heart problems. Dr. Liu is knowledgeable about chemo and other drugs as they relate to the heart and is on top of my situation. I feel safe and secure under his care. He is the absolute best cardiologist I have had, bar none.
in Horseshoe Bay, TX |
This was first visit with Dr. Liu although I have been a patient with Austin Heart for eight years. I was very impressed with Dr. Liu's knowledge of my medical history and his explanation of my current condition. He is easy to talk with and is open to questions. After routine office testing and examination he was ready to recommend bi-annual testing for greater determination of my heart condition. I completely agreed. I recommend Dr. Liu to anyone in need of a great cardiologist.
Have you seen Dr. Yan Liu, MD?
Are you Dr. Liu?

Compare Dr. Liu

Dr. Liu's Care Philosophy

When it comes to your heart, you need your "family".

Dr. Liu says...

Dr. Liu is a general cardiologist with board certifications in Cardiovascular Disease, Echocardiogram, Nuclear Cardiology, Vascular ultrasound and Internal medicine. He treats all cardiovascular conditions and has contributed many high-impact studies to the fields of cardiovascular disease, aging and cancer, and has an additional interest in advanced cardiovascular care in cancer patients (cardio-oncology).

Echocardiogram

Treadmill Stress test

Nuclear stress test

Stress echocardiogram

Diagnostic Heart Catheterization

Transesophageal echocardiogram

...

Dr. Liu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Cardiology
  •  Board certified in Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Nuclear Medicine

Dr. Liu has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Liu's Board Certifications

• Atrial Flutter
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Defects, Adult
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Edema
  • Limb Swelling
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • Mitral Valve Disease
  • Mitral Valve Stenosis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pulmonary Hypertension

Graduated in 2007

Harbin Medical University

Graduated in 1999

U Nc Chapel Hill-U Nc Hosps

Dr. Liu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Liu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cardiology

• Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Diagnostic Cardiac Catheterization
  • Echocardiography
  • Nuclear Cardiac Imaging
  • Nuclear Stress Testing
  • Stress Echocardiogram
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
  • Treadmill Stress Test