Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD

NeurosurgeryMale

Dr. Gologorsky

Metropolitan Neurosurgry Assocs

309 Engle St Ste 6 Englewood, NJ 07631

Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Englewood, NJ. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Englewood Hospital And Medical Center and Hackensack University Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Gologorsky to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Gologorsky with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center.

These providers are on the medical staff of Newark Beth Israel Medical Center.

Dr. Gologorsky's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gologorsky

Dr. Gologorsky?
  • Explained conditions well (142)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (142)
  • Listened & answered questions (140)
  • Long wait times (3)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
Metropolitan Neurosurgery Associates is incredible!!!!! Look no further. Words cannot adequately describe the excellent care a patient receives. I have never, ever met a doctor better than Dr. Gologorsky. He is compassionate, empathetic, has excellent bedside manners, and genuinely makes you feel you're a human being and not just another individual needing care. A person like Dr. Gologorsky is very hard to find and anyone who seeks Dr. Gologorsky's care is in good hands. Besides Dr. Gologorsky, the entire staff at Metropolitan Neurosurgery is simply OUTSTANDING. They are all very knowledgeable, patient, and pleasant; and will try their hardest to answer all of your questions and help you through the patient journey.
Jeff Kaplan – May 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
“ he is the Lamborghini of neurosurgeons.“.... as a physician turned patient, This is the best description of Dr. Gologorsky that I heard!
SC – May 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
I would first like to say how greatful I am to have been a patient of Dr. Gologorsky. He is a very knowledgeable, patient, kind, empathetic neurosurgeon. I want to share how Dr. Gologorsky has helped me through two surgeries of my lumbar spine (L4 L5). The first was a microdisectomy which unfortunately reherniated in a major way. Dr. Gologorsky sat with me and educated me on plan B (spinal fusion) and prepared me along with his team at Metropolitan Neurosurgery. After the second surgery in April 2021, I experienced such major positive improvements i.e mobility, gait, posture, and decrease in pain in the legs, back. Dr. Gologorsky has always made me feel like a person instead of a patient number and showed in his bedside manners pre and post surgery. He ensured that he followed up with me in the hospital to monitor patient care and my progress. Dr. Gologorsky set me up with visiting nurses service to ensure my post op' transition into the home. I am most greatful.
Kerry-Ann – May 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
I wanted to share a quick review about my initial correspondence with Metropolitan Neurosurgery Associates, in particular Dr. Gologorsky. Dr. G came hightly recommended by a family member he operated on and did a fantastic job on her back. I am out of state and have had many surgeries on my back. After reviewing Dr. G's creds I decided to reach out. His office staff have been super, very professional and courteous. They have been a real blessing making the connection and getting things started. I have only had a Telemed virtual appointment so far. Dr. Gologorsky was very polite and really had an ear to listen. To have a doctor ask you how can I help, wow that is a first. They are always a step ahead. A special note of thanks for their office staff Ms. Janet and Ms. Theresa, they are on point. I highly recommend them. I am in good hands.
John Rydzynski – Apr 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr. Gologorsky is a skilled neurosurgeon with an exceptional bedside manner. He takes the time to thoroughly assess and understand you and your concerns/problem. He looks at patients with a comprehensive and humanistic approach, individualizing care grounded in sound science and research. In my case, he advocated and battled to ensure I received the appropriate treatment and care that enabled my to continue to function. He restored complete feeling to and function in my hands once I got to the recovery room. I was able to feel and make a fist for the first time in two years!!! He suggested a surgical option that maintained my flexibility and mobility that other surgeons had neglected or refused to even consider. I can not thank Dr. G enough for how he has helped me and improved my functioning. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a truly exceptional spine surgeon!
Kara P. – Jan 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr. G is amazing! He changed my quality of life. Before surgey I was struggling to walk more than 2 blocks without nerve and muscle pain. Today just shy of 3 mos post op I am walking close to 3 miles a day without pain. Knowing this was my first surgery and it being a major one, he took time to answer all of my questions. He has patience and truly wants the best outcome for his patients. My spinal fusion surgery was a difficult one but I was given a clear understanding of the procedure and risks. I would recommend Dr. Gologorsky to anyone. I do believe he has a great passion for helping people in need and his work reflects that.
Tiffany Patterson – Jan 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr. Gologorsky was recommended to me and now I know why. Within a few minutes, I was confident I had found the best doctor to treat my disc issues. He listened, asked key questions and provided clear counsel. He performed surgery and on instinct explored beyond the immediately impacted area to find another problem that no one else would have found and fixed. He is a great doctor not just because of his immense skills but because of how he applies them. He is a people person, highly engaged and with a focus on you as an individual. His office staff is also top notch and highly responsive. He operated on me in Englewood Hospital. While only a half hour from NYC, it’s a world away in terms of the experience and well worth the UBER.
Don S – Dec 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr. Gologorsky is an incredible surgeon. He is professional, exceptionally skilled, and has incredible bedside manners. I underwent spinal fusion surgery and he not only helped me improve 100% from the way I was before my surgery , but also was a very caring doctor who went above and beyond his duty throughout the entire process. He understands his patients and their needs and knows how to exercise sound judgement during medical care. I always felt confident in his abilities and safe that I was in good hands during the entire process. He is a conservative doctor who does not push for surgery but when we both decided that it was the best option for me, he explained the entire process very patiently and clearly, and everything went as planned. I recovered very fast and was up and going almost immediately following the surgery. He gave me my body and life back and for that I will be forever grateful to him and his team.
Dec 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
I had a fantastic experience with Dr. Gologorsky. He took the time to answer all of my questions, and ensured that I was comfortable with the treatment plan. When I had surgery, it went well, I recovered quickly, and my issues were resolved. The office staff is always friendly, and the office runs on or close to schedule. I highly recommend Dr. Gologorsky!
Daniel – Nov 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
I had surgery with dr Gologorsky on Monday September 21st he did a microdisectomyon one of my discs he also ground down part of my spine to relieve the pressure that was pressing on my nerves prior to my surgery I had been in excruciating pain for almost three months three weeks after my surgeries iam about 80 percent pain free and and by the time I go for my 3 month check up I believe I will be pain free and so does Dr Gologorsky Dr G was terrific from my first visit right up to my last and also through my surgery I would highly recommend you talk to him if you are in pain because he can probably help you Raymond Becker
Raymond Becker j – Oct 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr Gologorsky came highly recommended by my doctor and others, and I am pain free 2 weeks after surgery. I can't say it was fun, but my care and Dr G's professionalism were excellent. Thank you.
Aug 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
I was referred to Dr G by a friend who’s father operated on her father. I have suffered from chronic back issues for 30 years. Dr Gologorsky is kind, direct, very sought after for obvious reasons. Had me get new MRI that showed my issues clear as day. He FIXED me!. So grateful to him giving me my life, and my quality of life back! Insidious was a work of art! I’ve already referred 2 people to him. He is a master and King in his field! He’s a healer and fixer of broken people!
Maryann Alonso – Aug 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Iam a 55 year old recently retired firefighter of 29 years ,I have suffered with neck pain for over 10 years and many pain management doctors . I knew from my first visit with Dr. Gologorsky and his staff I was in the right place. From my first visit thru my surgery and post op follow up, I cant say enough about Dr G and his team .they truly care about you and make you so comfortable . Iam only 3 weeks out of surgery and Iam pain free. Iam so grateful for Dr G and his team!!
Robert J Amonica – Aug 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr. Gologorsky is great very professional and knowledgeable! Staff at the clinic and at the hospital were also the best!! I highly recommend him and his tram!
A. Jerez – Aug 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
I was beyond impressed with Dr G and his staff. I would recommend him without hesitation.
Mike D'Anna – Jul 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr. Gologorsky is the MAN!!!! He is personable, thorough, and truly cares about the patient!! He isn't a "cut first, diagnose later" doctor! He is straight to the point!! Beyond glad I chose him!!
Lavonno S. Mitchell – Jun 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
I recently had Spinal Fusion surgery done by Dr. G. During the entire process of meeting Dr. G. understanding my surgical options, scheduling and preparing for the surgery everyone in the office was extremely professional and reassuring. Both in the Hospital and after, Dr. G. took the time to make sure I understood what to expect and what the next steps would be. I felt extremely comfortable not only with Dr G. but also with his entire team.
Stephen B – Jun 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr G is AWESOME!!!!!!! he is caring and passionate about his patients, if you have any concerns he will answer all your questions, you will never leave is office feeling confused or rushed. he takes the time to explain what will be done and make sure you understand it all. since my surgery i feel better everyday ! great doctor I am glad I chose Dr G if you need a neurosurgeon Dr G is your doctor you WONT be disappointed.
Awesome Doctor – Jun 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
I have had 2 surgeries now with Dr. Gologorsky and he is the absolute best. I was terrified of having surgery but Dr. G. Took the time to thoroughly evaluate my difficult case to find the best option for me. He answered all my questions, and puts his patients first. Each surgery went perfectly. The office is great, I never wait long at my appointments and all the staff is fantastic! I am so greatful to have found Dr. G. He is a brilliant surgeon with the best bedside manner. I would give give him 10 stars if I could and I recommend him to everyone.
Jun 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr. G listens to what I say, takes time & doesn't rush, explains things clearly and makes me feel no question is "stupid".
Robert Dondiego – May 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gologorsky?

Dr. Gologorsky is a conservative surgeon, and will recommend surgery only when no other recourse is available. And, if surgery is necessary, he uses modern,...Read more

He completed his undergraduate studies at Harvard University, graduating magna cum laude with a degree in Chemistry. He obtained his medical degree from...Read more

• Neurosurgery