Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male

Dr. Gologorsky

Metropolitan Neurosurgery Associates

309 Engle St Englewood, NJ 07631

Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Englewood, NJ and has been practicing for 12 years. He graduated from Univ Of Pittsburgh Sch Of Med in 2007 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Dr. Gologorsky accepts

• Progressive Spinal Muscular Atrophy
  • Progressive Spinobulbar Muscular Atrophy
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Dysostosis, Anhalt Type
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Ryukyuan Type
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Scapuloperoneal
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Type I
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Type II
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Type III
  • Spinal Tuberculosis
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Gologorsky treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 77% of his peers

Dr. Gologorsky treats this condition more than 77% of his peers

• Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Dr. Gologorsky is a conservative surgeon, and will recommend surgery only when no other recourse is available. And, if surgery is necessary, he uses modern, minimally invasive techniques to minimize time in the hospital and maximize recovery.

• Neurosurgery

Dr. Gologorsky?
Dr. Gologorsky's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD
RecentMost Helpful
I have suffered with neck issues for many years and tried everything to avoid surgery. I remember vividly one neurosurgeon from Hackensack telling me, surgery is not necessary now but you will be back in the near future because this condition is not going to get better. Two years later my condition worsened as the doctor had warned me and it was time to choose a Neurosurgeon. I went to four Neurosurgeons and I choose Dr. Gologorsky and it was the best decision I have ever made! I know serveral friends and family who had the same surgery and they could not believe my recovery. I am a few years later I am pain free and my neck has the most range of motion I have had in years! Dr G. is caring and has the best bedside manners I have seen in a long time and his staff is awesome!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
I had lumbar decompression surgery with Dr. G in May, and I am very happy that I chose him to be my surgeon. The results were great and continue to improve. Dr. Gologorsky and his entire team are attentive, thorough and communicate well with you. I always felt like I was seen as a person and not just a patient. Dr. G. is easy to talk to, and never makes you feel rushed or pressured. He is full of helpful information that he is eager to share with you and welcomes any and all questions about your procedure. It was a great experience to work with a highly skilled surgeon who genuinely cares about people. Hopefully this is my last spine surgery, but if I need another one down the road, this is the only surgeon I would entrust the job to. If I move to the West Coast, I would readily travel back to NJ to see Dr. G!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
I was in constant pain for 9 months and met with 6 other doctors before finally seeing Dr. Gologorsky. He has a wonderful bedside manner and instantly put me at ease. He performed a microdiscectomy on me shortly thereafter and when I woke up from surgery, all the pain was completely gone. I couldn’t recommend Dr. Gologorsky more highly! My only regret is not finding him sooner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
I am thrilled beyond words over the outcome that i had from the surgery performed by Dr. Gologrosky. Aside from his surgical skills he was pleasant, answered all of my questions and was very reassuring. Immediately after the surgery i had no pain and the numbness that had plagued me for almost 2 years went away. It has been 3 months now since my surgery and i feel great. I still go for PT 3 times a week but overall i can't believe how much better i feel. I highly recommend Dr. G. and team. His staff is also amazing and answered any remaining questions. They also assisted me with the pre-check in at Englewood Hospital. No one ever WANTS to have surgery but, if you are in need i highly recommend Dr. G and team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
I just got back from the hospital in Englewood after having emergency disc replacement surgery. Dr. Gologorsky and the entire staff were amazing and comforting. They explained everything to me, answered my questions, and made me feel less anxious. I woke up after surgery in significantly less pain than when I went in. After a night's sleep, I'm still sore, but the acute pain I had due to the herniated disc and pinched nerve has been relieved for the first time in weeks. A lifesaver, truly!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr. Gologorsky spent time with me to explain my condition and the expected outcome. He was patient and reassuring both before and after my surgery as well as during the recovery and follow up visits. He answered all of my questions with clear answers, at all times. He is modest yet completely professional and expert. The surgical outcome could not have been better and I am totally satisfied and thankful that I was privileged to have found him and the others in his practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr. Gologorsky's excellence in patient care, exceptional professionalism, and compassion towards his patients is only the tip of the iceberg as to what makes him such an amazing doctor. I'm only 2 weeks post-op from a cervical disc replacement surgery and virtually pain-free. From the moment I met Dr. Gologorsky, and his wonderful staff, I knew I was going to be well taken care of.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
I had an outpatient cervical neck procedure with Dr. Gologorsky. He is amazing. First of all, I felt better immediately after the surgery and am continuing to heal. Secondly, he is a caring, intelligent doctor who efficiently answers all questions. High recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
I will never be able to put into words, the amount of gratitude I have for Dr. Gologorsky. I went through the most painful year of my life, with no end in sight. I then started getting additional opinions, outside of my initial surgeon and his colleagues. After meeting with 3 other Doctors, I finally had found the RIGHT one! While all 3 of these doctors told me I needed a fusion surgery, Dr. G was the most up front, honest, knowledgeable, and caring. I am 4 months post-op, and am on the mend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Excellent experience with Dr. Gologorsky and his whole staff. Helped me through a very hard time. I had gotten other opinions from orthopedic surgeons at Columbia and HSS, who all pushed for complicated surgery. He explained all the options and I underwent disc replacement surgery instead. No fusion. Surgery was not too painful and I went home the same day. I am now pain free! Thank you Dr. G!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
If only there were more doctors like Dr Gologorsky, the world would be a better place! He is without a doubt the best dr I’ve come across in many years. I’m thankful that I was talked into switching drs prior to my surgery as dr G did a fantastic job. He rates way up there!!!
amazing surgeon!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Excellent doctor. I had so easy recovery after the surgery. He and his medical personnel also follows up after the surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
My deepest appreciation to Dr Gologorsky, the entire staff at Metropolitan neurosurgery and Englewood Hospital & Medical Center. Dr. Gologorsky’s professionalism coupled with his genuine concern made for a positive but most importantly successful outcome. From my initial consultation to my post op surgery discharge his care and skills exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Dr. Gologorsky!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr. G is fabulous! He took such good care of my husband, relieved his pain , and did it all with a smile and good sense of humor. His staff is terrific too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr. Gologorsky is one of the best Neurosurgeons out there. He is very knowlegable smart and such a great person. He and his staff went above and beyond to make sure my surgery and recovery was a complete success. My family and I are so gratefull and lucky to have had meet such a wonderful human being that saved me from being paralyzed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr. Gologorsky did my surgery for Chiari Malformation Type 1. From the first appointment, to surgery, and follow up appointments, Dr. Gologorsky has provided excellent care. He is attentive when I express any concerns, and he has changed my life with the surgery. I was very impressed with the surgery itself- the incision has healed smoothly and with no issues. I highly recommend Dr. Gologorsky, he is an excellent doctor that can be trusted!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
I was recommended to Dr. G by my orthopedist and they were spot on! He is very easy to talk to and described everything that would be necessary for my spinal fusion procedure to a T. The surgery was a success and I was home the same day. Highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr. Gologorsky saved me from months of pain. I had a herniated disc in my cervical spine and he removed the herniateddisc and replaced it with an artificial one. He is an incredibly skillful and talented neurosurgeon whose bedside manner and easy going nature made a tough situation a lot easier. He is a doctor who genuinely cares for his patients. I woke up from surgery 100%pain free. Three weeks post surgery , my scar is barely noticeable and I am heading back to my gym.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
I am so grateful to Dr. Golorgosky I was an active mom of 2 until a hard fall changed my life. I had gone to several doctors all giving me wrong diagnostics never even taking the time to get an MRI. Doctor Golorsky took the time, to not only explain to me the procedure but also hear me out. Surgery was 8/27/18 I had a spine fusion to my lumbar l5. I can’t believe I feel NO pain in my lower back NONE I can dress myself again. His staff is also amazing a special thanks to Theresa Colon. Thank you
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Gologorsky?

Metropolitan Neurosurgery Associates