Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD

Neurosurgery •  Male

Dr. Gologorsky

Metropolitan Neurosurgery Associates

309 ENGLE ST Englewood, NJ 07631

Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Englewood, NJ. Dr. Gologorsky has more experience with Spine than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Englewood Hospital And Medical Center and Hackensack University Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Gologorsky to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Neurosurgeons in your area

See similar Neurosurgeons in Englewood

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. Gologorsky accepts

Dr. Gologorsky accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Spine

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Spine specialists.

Typically treats 57% more than their peers

Dr. Gologorsky treats this condition more than 86% of their peers

Spine Disorders

Dr. Gologorsky treats Spine Disorders more than 80% of their peers

Dr. Gologorsky treats this condition more than 80% of their peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Gologorsky treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 77% of their peers

Dr. Gologorsky treats this condition more than 77% of their peers

• Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD...

Offer weekend visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer evening visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Communicate via email?

Dr. Gologorsky's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gologorsky

Dr. Gologorsky?
I was beyond impressed with Dr G and his staff. I would recommend him without hesitation.
Mike D'Anna – Jul 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr. Gologorsky is the MAN!!!! He is personable, thorough, and truly cares about the patient!! He isn't a "cut first, diagnose later" doctor! He is straight to the point!! Beyond glad I chose him!!
Lavonno S. Mitchell – Jun 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
I recently had Spinal Fusion surgery done by Dr. G. During the entire process of meeting Dr. G. understanding my surgical options, scheduling and preparing for the surgery everyone in the office was extremely professional and reassuring. Both in the Hospital and after, Dr. G. took the time to make sure I understood what to expect and what the next steps would be. I felt extremely comfortable not only with Dr G. but also with his entire team.
Stephen B – Jun 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr G is AWESOME!!!!!!! he is caring and passionate about his patients, if you have any concerns he will answer all your questions, you will never leave is office feeling confused or rushed. he takes the time to explain what will be done and make sure you understand it all. since my surgery i feel better everyday ! great doctor I am glad I chose Dr G if you need a neurosurgeon Dr G is your doctor you WONT be disappointed.
Awesome Doctor – Jun 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
I have had 2 surgeries now with Dr. Gologorsky and he is the absolute best. I was terrified of having surgery but Dr. G. Took the time to thoroughly evaluate my difficult case to find the best option for me. He answered all my questions, and puts his patients first. Each surgery went perfectly. The office is great, I never wait long at my appointments and all the staff is fantastic! I am so greatful to have found Dr. G. He is a brilliant surgeon with the best bedside manner. I would give give him 10 stars if I could and I recommend him to everyone.
Jun 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr. G listens to what I say, takes time & doesn't rush, explains things clearly and makes me feel no question is "stupid".
Robert Dondiego – May 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
During the COVID pandemic, Dr Gologorsky went out of his way to ensure that my husband was evaluated urgently, had an MRI and scheduled for emergent surgery all while taking steps to protect my husband from unnecessary exposure. He spent time on the phone arranging everything so that all the pieces were lined up right when my husband got to the hospital. He has been honest and forthcoming about every step of the recovery. Even with social distancing, Dr Gologorsky repeatedly reached out to check in and see how my husband was progressing.
Apr 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr Gologorsky understood the urgentcy of my situation even though I was not a patient of his previously. He performed surgery on my spine and my pain disappeared immediately. His office staff was helpful and responsive.
MKF – Apr 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr. Gologorsky and his staff are amazing and I highly recommend. He is very professional and was able to determine immediately what needed to be done to repair a very painful injury that has completely disrupted my life. I felt immediately comfortable with him and very confident in his diagnosis and plan of treatment. He is giving me my life back - how do you begin to thank someone for that? Additionally, Damaris Rivera, his Nurse Practitioner, has been wonderful. She is always pleasant and very responsive. She answers all my questions even during this very, very busy time. Our health is the most important thing we have and I'm very glad that I trusted Dr. Gologorsky to help me.
Melissa G – Apr 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
44-year-old female referred to Dr. G after failed conservative treatment. I had an ACDF C5,C6 in 2013. Dr. G suspected the escalated pain was due to a failed bone graft. A CT scan revealed a fractured bone in my neck for the entire seven years. Along with heterotopic ossification. My muscles in the middle of my back and ligaments ossified as a result. This was intensely painful and he made sure that I got surgery when the city was shut down in most difficult times with COVID-19. I am 7 days post op PCDF C5. My orthopedic Dr. failed me, Dr. G didn’t. He was honest about my outcome he did not put me on medication that was not needed in his opinion & could not even fathom the thought of responding with radiation. No longer have to be a google Dr trying to figure out what was going on with me I was HOPELESS. I’m confident that I am in the BEST HANDS EVER. Dr. G breathed life back into me and all the pain I was in appears to be subsiding. No more numbness or tingling. Long road to recov.
Prettybrowneyed 1 – Mar 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Excellent thorough exam and explanations, excellent results for my spinal surgery. Anthony M
Anthony in Englewood , NJ – Feb 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr. Golorosky performed low back surgery on me on December 24, 2019 at Englewood Hospital and Medical Center. He is an amazing doctor. I had been in pain for almost a year with my lower back. After meeting him and having him perform surgery on me, I am a new person. I was in pain 24 hours a day. Dr. Golorosky you are such a compassionate person and a wonderful surgeon. Thank you for giving me my life back. I will recommend you to anyone I know that is having back pain/issues. Your office and all who help with me are wonderful people. Thank you So Very Much.
Eleanor Puckhaber (Ellie) – Jan 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Chronic low back pain dating back to teenage years (~15 years). Dr. Gologorsky clearly explained the surgical plan, the recovery plan, and what to expect during this time, making me feel very comfortable and confident. Surgery went well and I've recovered well, expect to be stronger and better than ever.
JT – Jan 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr. G did may back surgery in May, and my recovery went just great everything he said was right on piont. He was available to answer any questions or concerns i had after surgery
Dec 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr Golgorsky is surgeon amazing he did a two level fusion with cord decompression on me. He went above and beyond I have multi allergies along with metal allergies and he took his time and went over everything with me and my spouse. His bedside manor is out of this world.
SaraPaulen – Dec 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Excellent doctor and support staff.
Beata – Dec 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr Gologorsky performed a microdisectomy at Englewood Hospital. The procedure produced 100% pain relief from my L5-S1 nerve root compression. He also operated on my daughter in 2015 performing a lumbar fusion using titanium and she received 100% pain relief of her low back and leg pain. Dr Gologorsky is a conservative surgeon, thorough, super nice and as one of the nurses at the hospital told me 'brilliant'. Highly recommended.
Barbara Aubry – Nov 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr. Gologorsky is one of the most understanding, compassionate, down-to-earth doctors that I've ever met. He explained what needed to be done in a simple way without making it seem like a big deal (even though it most certainly was a big deal). He personally called me every day that I was in the hospital to see how I was doing. He is highly skilled, as evidenced by my successful spinal surgery. I was on pain meds in the hospital, but had no pain. Upon leaving the hospital after three days, I DID NOT NEED TO USE ANY OPIOIDS! I'd recommend Dr. Gologorsky to anyone in need of a neurosurgeon. May God continue to bless the work of his hands.
Karen – Sep 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
I am 26 years old and for a few years I had chronic back pain and sciatica that never resolved. After meeting with Dr. Gologorsky, he recommended surgery and I can happily say I have been pain-free for over a year now since the operation. In addition to his brilliance as a surgeon, Dr. Gologorsky put me at ease and explained everything to me in a clear, precise, and easy to understand manner. I would highly recommend a consult with him for anyone who has had similar issues.
Aryeh Strobel – Sep 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?
Dr. Gologorsky is a wonderful professional, after my surgery I feel amazing, no pain and my neck is like new again. Thank you Dr.
Jul 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yakov Gologorsky, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gologorsky?

Dr. Gologorsky is a conservative surgeon, and will recommend surgery only when no other recourse is available. And, if surgery is necessary, he uses modern, minimally invasive techniques to minimize time in the hospital and maximize recovery.

• Neurosurgery

Brigham & Womans Hosp-Harvard U

• Russian
  • Hebrew

More Information

• Does Dr. Gologorsky communicate via email?

Yes, 1 patient said they communicate via email

• Does Dr. Gologorsky offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Gologorsky offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Gologorsky offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Gologorsky have free onsite parking?

Yes, 1 patient said they have free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Gologorsky offer weekend visits?

No, 1 user indicated that they do not offer weekend visits

• Does Dr. Gologorsky offer evening visits?

No, 1 user indicated that they do not offer evening visits