Dr. Yair Kissin, MD

Dr. Yair Kissin, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
41 reviews

• Amerihealth
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Devon Health
  • Health Net
  • MagnaCare
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.Read more

Dr. Kissin's Experience

See how Dr. Kissin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kissin

Dr. Kissin accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Kissin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kissin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kissin to family and friends
Dr. Kissin's Performance
in North Arlington, NJ |
I was in alot of pain & using a cane for most of last year until I found Dr. Kissin . After an informative consultation, I decided to have arthroscopic knee surgery done for my arthritis & meniscus tear in Oct. That was the best decision I've made as that was the key to finally getting off of my cane. Dr. Kissin's expertise and caring demeanor before and after my surgery was phenomenal. His office team is also incredible. I can't rave enough about Dr. Kissin and highly recommend him! Top notch!
in Wanaque, NJ |
r Kissin....how do I describe him? The best Dr I have ever seen patient, courtious, helpful......takes his time, contacts you to see how you are progressing! Texted me as I recovered!!! I can't think of how I coud be any more positive about this man he is a professional who CARES (Very Much) about his patients with perfect bedside manner!!!!!
in Lodi, NJ |
I did not have a good experience with Dr. Kissin regarding my Knee surgery that he performed in June of 2014. It was not the surgery itself...it was the aftercare. I waited up to 2 years when I went back to Dr. Kissin and after I was told by other doctors that my leg moved back and forth too much with a lot of clicking and pain, and was told by Dr. Kissin that everything is fine and could prescribe pain management for me. ARE YOU KIDDING.....I ended up with another knee surgery with someone else
in Elmont, NY |
I adore and love Doctir Kissin. I have had many surgeries on both knees and he has been a miracle worker. I have recommended him to family members and colleagues from work and his reputation has been great.
in Hackensack, NJ |
Dr. Kissin repaired my torn meniscus just two days ago. He personally called me the evening before the surgery and again yesterday to see how I was doing. His care for his patients is unbelievable and he is amazing. Today is day two post-op and I have to tell you I have no pain, almost 100% range of motion and no discomfort or swelling. I cannot say enough about his level of expertise. His bedside manner is also second to none. I can't say enough good things about him!
Dr. Kissin is friendly,polite, and funny i'll give him that. The only issues i have is he does not believe in saving anyone knees. O yea that's right " If your not a professional athlete it wouldn't make sense" To save a person knee by performing a meniscus transplant to avoid a knee replacement in the future. I would highly recommend to see another orthopedic surgeon. Who doesn't take you as a fool and make you feel belittle :(
in New York, NY |
I found Dr Kissin on the internet and based on the ratings and comments decided to give him a try. I had prior meniscus surgery on my right knee so kinda new what to expect. I met Dr Kissin with my MRI results and scheduled surgery. (Nice guy really easy to talk to didn't feel rushed very knowledgeable) Hospital visit and surgery went well with no problems. Its been 3 week since Surgery no physical therapy and my knee is better than it's ever been. Would highly recommend Dr Kissin.
in Ridgewood, NJ |
He was thorough and described what was happening with my meniscus tear on my knee. He called the previous evening to confirm everything. The staff at Hackensack medical center couldn't have been more devoted. (It was like having my mother there.) The only thing I was not pleased about is the fact that his physician's assistant did the follow up appointment. (I have nothing against PA's: my niece is one, but I was expecting the doctor and I was not informed that I would not be seeing a PA.)
in Paterson, NJ |
Amazing Doctor! I recently had an ACL surgery done by him and he's done an absolutely phenomenal job. Dr. Kissin from day one took his time to thoroughly explain the procedure and all my questions. He also reached out to me by calling me one day before my surgery to make sure everything was fine. Even after surgery, anytime I had a question he responded to me via email right away. He's just been great. He sets the bar for what doctor and patient interaction should be like. HIGHLY recommend!!
Excellent attention by all my son was delighted and happy with the Doctor. He takes the time to explain the situation in full detail. Awesome job.
Have you seen Dr. Yair Kissin, MD?
Are you Dr. Kissin?

Dr. Kissin's Care Philosophy

Dr. Kissin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine

Dr. Kissin has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kissin's Board Certifications

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injuries
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Meniscus Transplantation
  • Neuroplasty
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate