Dr. Yair Kissin, MD

Dr. Yair Kissin, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·

Dr. Yair Kissin, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Hackensack, NJ and has been practicing for 11 years. He specializes in orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, and more.

Hackensack University Medical Center

360 Essex St Ste 303

Hackensack, NJ 07601

• Amerihealth
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Devon Health
  • Health Net
  • MagnaCare
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Check Dr. Kissin's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kissin's Top Procedures and Conditions

Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)

Dr. Kissin treats Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee) more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Kissin treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Knee Sprain

Dr. Kissin treats Knee Sprain more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Kissin treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Osteoarthritis

Dr. Kissin treats Osteoarthritis more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Kissin treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Ankle

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Meniscus Injuries
  • Meniscus Tear
  • Meniscus Transplantation
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Osgood Schlatter Disease
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Osteochondritis Dissecans
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Runner's Knee
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Stress Fracture of Foot
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture
  • Torticollis
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics

4.4

Dr. Kissin?
Dr. Kissin's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Yair Kissin, MD
Great Dr., very caring and a nice personality. Listened closely to my concerns and explained clearly what he felt was best for me and my medical care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yair Kissin, MD?
Excellent surgeon, very caring!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yair Kissin, MD?
It has been a year since full knee replacement . I have been back on the tennis courts ( doubles ) since January and just swam and played paddle ball on beach. First time in years, couldn’t do it before because of unsteadyness of sand and force of water getting out of the ocean. I am beyond thrilled !!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yair Kissin, MD?
Best decision I ever made to get a total knee replacement. Dr Kissin is respectful and considerate to his patients needs. His office staff is excellent when it comes to any documents that need to be filed for disability. I have always recommended Dr Kissin to anyone with issues of the knee.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yair Kissin, MD?
I waited a long time to see this doctor and was glad to finally get an appointment. I have a lot of orthopedic issues and wanted to talk about them. He was very rude and gave me a speech about how I didn't let him talk and he was just focusing on the knee, right now. . He did not give me the chance to talk about my issues and just gave me a prescription for physical therapy, without asking me where I wanted to go. He is a very cold doctor and I will never go back to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yair Kissin, MD?
I had severe pain in my right knee. After one dr's office coldly told me to come back when I lost a bunch of weight, I left them and found Dr. Kissin, got examined, set a surgery date, and he replaced my right knee. I had such great success with Dr. Kissin that 2 yrs. later I had him replace my damaged left knee. BEST DECISION I EVER MADE. His office staff is great. I am so thankful that I put my confidence in him. I have already referred friends to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yair Kissin, MD?
The absolute most inconsiderate doctor and office staff I have ever seen!!! I came on time to get my xrays done that he requires but couldn't bc there might be pregnant. Went to the office for my appt on time and she said I had to reschedule and couldn't be seen! told her I'm in extreme pain I can't move my knee, I don't know what to do. I asked if the doc can jus see me for treatment, tie it for me anything! He didn't even have the decency to come out to speak to me, or see me! Disgusting!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yair Kissin, MD?
I was in alot of pain & using a cane for most of last year until I found Dr. Kissin . After an informative consultation, I decided to have arthroscopic knee surgery done for my arthritis & meniscus tear in Oct. That was the best decision I've made as that was the key to finally getting off of my cane. Dr. Kissin's expertise and caring demeanor before and after my surgery was phenomenal. His office team is also incredible. I can't rave enough about Dr. Kissin and highly recommend him! Top notch!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yair Kissin, MD?
r Kissin....how do I describe him? The best Dr I have ever seen patient, courtious, helpful......takes his time, contacts you to see how you are progressing! Texted me as I recovered!!! I can't think of how I coud be any more positive about this man he is a professional who CARES (Very Much) about his patients with perfect bedside manner!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yair Kissin, MD?
I did not have a good experience with Dr. Kissin regarding my Knee surgery that he performed in June of 2014. It was not the surgery itself...it was the aftercare. I waited up to 2 years when I went back to Dr. Kissin and after I was told by other doctors that my leg moved back and forth too much with a lot of clicking and pain, and was told by Dr. Kissin that everything is fine and could prescribe pain management for me. ARE YOU KIDDING.....I ended up with another knee surgery with someone else
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yair Kissin, MD?
I adore and love Doctir Kissin. I have had many surgeries on both knees and he has been a miracle worker. I have recommended him to family members and colleagues from work and his reputation has been great.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yair Kissin, MD?
Dr. Kissin repaired my torn meniscus just two days ago. He personally called me the evening before the surgery and again yesterday to see how I was doing. His care for his patients is unbelievable and he is amazing. Today is day two post-op and I have to tell you I have no pain, almost 100% range of motion and no discomfort or swelling. I cannot say enough about his level of expertise. His bedside manner is also second to none. I can't say enough good things about him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yair Kissin, MD?
Dr. Kissin is friendly,polite, and funny i'll give him that. The only issues i have is he does not believe in saving anyone knees. O yea that's right " If your not a professional athlete it wouldn't make sense" To save a person knee by performing a meniscus transplant to avoid a knee replacement in the future. I would highly recommend to see another orthopedic surgeon. Who doesn't take you as a fool and make you feel belittle :(
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yair Kissin, MD?
I found Dr Kissin on the internet and based on the ratings and comments decided to give him a try. I had prior meniscus surgery on my right knee so kinda new what to expect. I met Dr Kissin with my MRI results and scheduled surgery. (Nice guy really easy to talk to didn't feel rushed very knowledgeable) Hospital visit and surgery went well with no problems. Its been 3 week since Surgery no physical therapy and my knee is better than it's ever been. Would highly recommend Dr Kissin.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yair Kissin, MD?
He was thorough and described what was happening with my meniscus tear on my knee. He called the previous evening to confirm everything. The staff at Hackensack medical center couldn't have been more devoted. (It was like having my mother there.) The only thing I was not pleased about is the fact that his physician's assistant did the follow up appointment. (I have nothing against PA's: my niece is one, but I was expecting the doctor and I was not informed that I would not be seeing a PA.)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yair Kissin, MD?
Amazing Doctor! I recently had an ACL surgery done by him and he's done an absolutely phenomenal job. Dr. Kissin from day one took his time to thoroughly explain the procedure and all my questions. He also reached out to me by calling me one day before my surgery to make sure everything was fine. Even after surgery, anytime I had a question he responded to me via email right away. He's just been great. He sets the bar for what doctor and patient interaction should be like. HIGHLY recommend!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yair Kissin, MD?
Excellent attention by all my son was delighted and happy with the Doctor. He takes the time to explain the situation in full detail. Awesome job.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Yair Kissin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kissin?

Insurance accepted

Oxford Health Plans
QualCare
QualCare HMO
QualCare PPO

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Kissin treats patients.