Dermatology  |
Dr. Xuan Nguyen, MD
Dr. Nguyen is double boarded in Dermatology and Pediatric Dermatology; specializing in medical, surgical and procedural dermatology for both adults and children. She has extensive experience and expertise in treatment of complex medical and surgical diseases in dermatology in all skin types including skin of color. Dr. Nguyen attended medical school at the University of Arizona College of Medicine and trained for two years of Internal Medicine at Good Samaritan Hospital in Phoenix before completing Dermatology Residency at the University of Arizona in Tucson. She then completed a Fellowship in Pediatric Dermatology at Phoenix Children's Hospital under Dr. Ronald Hansen. In 2008, Dr. Nguyen became the first board-certified pediatric dermatologist in the state of Arizona. As a pediatric dermatologist, Dr. Nguyen helped pioneer propranolol therapy for infantile hemangioma and cofounded the vascular malformation clinic at Phoenix Children's Hospital. She is skilled in treating all types of skin conditions in children, including eczema, rashes, vascular malformations, and birthmarks. For the past eight years, Dr. Nguyen has worked in academic medicine, mentoring medical students from the University of Arizona College of Medicine, and teaching dermatology to residents in Pediatrics, Medicine and Family Practice. She holds academic faculty appointments at the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Phoenix Children's Hospital, Maricopa Integrated Health Systems, and the Mayo Clinic. In addition to great passion and capacity for teaching, Dr. Nguyen is energetic and is driven to leave no questions unanswered in providing care. She specializes in complex medical and surgical dermatology. As Chief of Dermatology at Maricopa Integrated Health Systems, Dr. Nguyen has significant experience in treating severe collagen vascular diseases, advanced skin cancers, skin of color, psoriasis. Her work has been published in New England Journal of Medicine, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology and has been presented nationally and internationally.

4915 E Baseline Rd Ste 124

Gilbert, AZ 85234

• American Republic
  • AvMed
  • Banner Health
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Nguyen

Dr. Nguyen practices dermatology with the philosophy that the skin is the mirror to the inside world of the human body.  She approaches dermatology as she does all areas of life--with love, passion, compassion and respect.  Dr. Nguyen is committed to excellence and dedicated to providing patients with outstanding care.

Dr. Nguyen's Experience

Dr. Nguyen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Genital Herpes
  • Genital Warts
  • Granuloma of Skin
  • Hair Loss
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nail and Nail Bed Infection

• Botox® Injection
  • Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Occidental College, Los Angeles, CA
  • Dermatology Residency University Medical Center, Tucson, AZ
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Pediatric Dermatology Phoenix Children's Hospital Phoenix, AZ
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Nguyen has no media or publications listed.

• Vietnamese

Dr. Nguyen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nguyen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nguyen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nguyen to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Nguyen's Performance
Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Nguyen and her staff are great. My entire family visits her office for dirrerent health issues. Everyone is extremly pleasent and helpful.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Nguyen has helped me through everything from removal of a precancerous mole, to Rosacea, and more. I had a very uncommon allergic reaction and she helped me identify it. I had a toenail fungus I didn't even realize I had, and she cured it. All of which is in the context of having an incredibly rare neurological condition which makes dermatological conditions harder to diagnose (its effects on the skin are not wholey understood). And as important as any of this, she's fully LGBT supportive.
Riverside, CA |
I felt she kept leaving the room to help other patients. I want to know that a doctor is concerned with me & not 1/2 there. Even though I was there a long time, when she was in the room I felt rushed.
Mesa, AZ |
Her staff and doctor offer an excellent experience.
Phoenix, AZ |
Myself and my children see Dr. Nguyen. She does a great job explaining things in a way that is understandable and is very thorough with her exams.
Chandler, AZ |
Front office friendly, but lack professional look. Need to be trained better in customer service
Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Nguyen and her staff are extremely professional, thorough, courteous, and communicated everything going on in my exam. We are now clients for life.
in San tan valley |
My skin has never been more healthy than it's been since I started seeing Dr. Nguyen. She is very smart and has a great attitude. You will not feel bad about your situation when she is there. Very friendly and very helpful. She will be my dermatologist for a long time.
in Queen Creek, AZ |
My daughter is a patient of Dr Nguyen and she told me I should go see her too! I'm so grateful I did! Every single person I came into contact with was very kind, especially Dr Nguyen! She really listened to me and explained everything to me while at the same time she was writing a short summary of my treatment plan. I liked that!
Tempe, AZ |
Like the doctor but not impressed with office staff- I always feel like it's their first day on the job and they haven't worked in a medical office before
Chandler |
Dr Nquyen diagnosed my daughter (5 months at the time) with an auto immune disease that she was going to suffer with for the rest of her life and was extremely nonchalant about it. Zero bedside manner. Her demeanor was that she didn't have enough time for my questions and delivering such devastating news I would have liked for a little compassion and knowledge.
Gilbert, AZ |
I have been highly disappointed with all three of my appointments with Dr. Nguyen. I never am able to ask all of the questions I have, and then have to pay approximately $70 out of pocket for less than a minute of her time. I notice this is a common concern - she's always in a rush. Her staff is fine, not welcoming, but fine. I felt ripped off, and was asked to come back very frequently unnecessarily (hence the feeling of being ripped off). Don't go to her.
in Gilbert, AZ |
I took my daughter to Dr. Nguyen today for the first time. The staff was friendly and efficient. We were taken back quickly. Dr. Nguyen came in right away and was very friendly. She took care of a mole on my daughter's scalp, a few warts on her arm/hand, and prescribed treatment for her acne. I especially liked being able to take care of everything in one appointment and not dragging things out, requiring multiple appointments, like other doctors tend to do.
in Chandler |
I have been seeing by Dr Nguyen for years, I actually followed her to her new practice. She is the best doctor you could get for yourself. Although she is a dermatologist, she is also very knowledgeable regarding all the issues I had. I wonder why the other specialist didn't even realize that. She is a lovely lady and very thorough as a doctor. She is also easy to talk to. The office staff is helpful as well.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr Nguyen is in too big of a hurry to do her job. My experience would indicate that she is in a hurry because she does not know her field of expertise. She could not diagnose dermatitis and Immune Hypersensitivity. She did not biopsies, no tests of any kind. She lied about not being able to do a procedure because it is not covered by insurance. I would have been better off going to an auto mechanic to treat my skin problem. Not sure she is a doctor and if she is an ignorant one with no skills.
Queen Creek, AZ |
i went to dr nyugen because my pediatrician raecommended her. She is knowledgeable but you have to be thick skinned. She can be really mean in the way she says things. As I question her to try to understand things she gets irate. She's always in a hurry and doesn't listen to you. It's just here's the problem. No talking. Here's what you do. My kids have chronic severe eczema and we are still battling it. We are just constantly using medicines to try to clear and maintain clear skin.
in gilbert,AZ |
I had a rough patch of skin on my palm that started as a bump that then doubled in size within 2 weeks. The dr quickly said it was a callous called lichen simplex chronicus and asked if it itches or if I had skin conditions as a child. I didn't, and I pushed back and told her the background of the spot. She then asked if I had a type-A personality and if I had a tendency to pick at my skin. I don't. I left her office with sample steroid cream and no piece of mind. I'm getting a 2nd opinion.
Gilbert, AZ |
I took my children to see the doctor a while back because of a rash. As soon as she came she calmed my nerves and reassured me that everything was alright. She walked me through my child's condition with such ease that I was impressed by her knowledge. She reassured me about topical steroid use on my baby's skin. Since our visit and follow up my son has not had any recurrence of his rash! I am extremely happy with her and her friendly staff
in Phoenix, AZ |
She's the doctor that realized how sick my son was, she worked him up, spent so much time for us without even charge us. All she said was, I want the same thing, I want little Alex to get better. She pulled all the strings she could to find out what was wrong. Because of her we found out that my son has leukaemia... This is heart broken, but now we know and it is treatable. I would pay anything to this doctor that saved my son's life.
in Gilbert, AZ |
She is in too much of a hurry. She did a procedure on my face - cosmetic. She missed several spots but zapped the skin next to it. I now have scars when she said I would not have any and still have the spots she was trying to remove. While she did offer to re-do the procedure free of charge I am very leery to let her near my face. Very very disappointed . My regular doctor referred me to her. Will definitely let my doctor know .
in Scottsdale, AZ |
This office will take you for every penny you have. I went in as a former patient of Dr. Nguyen's from another practice. The billing office is just now billing me for a visit last August. I had a simple procedure done for which they tried to charge $772. I am now stuck with a $400 bill. The office staff, namely Shenji told me when I called that $400 was not that much. She told me if you went to the ER, you would pay $500 for a chest xray. No attempt to help sort the fees out. DONT GO HERE!!
Have you seen Dr. Xuan Nguyen, MD?
Are you Dr. Nguyen?