Dr. Xinning Li, MD

Dr. Li
Telehealth services available

Boston University Orthopedic Surgical Associates

725 Albany St # 4b Boston, MA 02118

Dr. Xinning Li, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Boston, MA and has over 15 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Virginia / Main Campus medical school in 2005. He is affiliated with Boston Medical Center Corporation. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Li to book an appointment.

Dr. Li's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Li

Dr. Li?
What People Say About Dr. Xinning Li, MD
Dr Li is the best doctor that I’ve ever had, he is not only kind, compassionate, attentive, trustworthy, and knowledgeable above all he is an excellent surgeon and in your corner type of guy, when I came to him I had no faith in doctors and I was riddled with injuries. He’s just such a nice man and he made me feel like I could trust him from the first visit, not to mention he was just an email away to answer any questions or concerns that I may have had. Before seeing him I got opinions from other doctors and i did not feel confident in those opinions and wasn’t feeling optimistic about getting surgery until I met DR. Li. So I decided to have him do my shoulder surgery and Given the previous surgeries I had this one was the Fastest healing time, least painful, and the least amount of visible scaring from where they had to go in to do the surgery. All and all 10/10 5 stars out of 5 stars I highly recommend him you won’t regret it.
Mar 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
Dr Li is everything you want in a surgeon and more, he’s kind,considerate and attentive. He listens to you and answers your questions. Dr Li took the time to explain everything, I never felt rushed in my appointments. knowing I’m a nurse he showed me my scans and gave me pictures of my shoulder during and after surgery. Before surgery I was in a lot of pain and had limited range of motion, 6 months out and I have no pain and full range of motion. He really is exceptional, one of a kind!
Kathy – Mar 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
Dr. Li helped me with a cartilage allograft transplant to my knee. He’s care was incredible right from the beginning of my journey till this day. One of the most supportive and understanding doctors I have ever gotten treated by! Totally happy with how much better I feel after my surgery! Thank you Dr. Li
Hazlyn Jovel – Dec 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
I had a sports related labrum (shoulder) tear and had been having chronic pain for over a year, and Dr. Li did an arthroscopic repair. While seeing other doctors prior to Dr. Li and doing physical therapy without improvement was frustrating , once I was referred to Dr. Li the whole process of evaluation and undergoing surgery was without hiccups. The recovery took a little bit longer than I anticipated, and at one point I was worried about whether my shoulder was getting better. However, Dr. Li was reassuring and explained the recovery very well, and my shoulder did get better and I am now finally completely without pain. Overall very satisfied.
Quinten – Aug 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
I had been experiencing shoulder discomfort/pain due to sports-related "wear-and-tear" so to say. Dr. Li was able to diagnose and was able to suggest moving forward with a SLAP tear procedure in an efficient manner. Being my first experience with a serious surgery, Dr. Li and his staff were very accommodating and reassuring - making sure I was comfortable at all times. He was even able to refer me to a PT specialist to ensure my recovery was seen all the way through and cleared for sports activity again. I would highly recommend him, as he's a true professional who really knows what he's talking about.
Arpit – Aug 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
Dr. Li is a sincere professional. I had the experience in witnessing this as being a patient and with the staff that assists him. Doctors in training or his personal staff. I had a severe shoulder issue that he found and repaired. I would highly recommended him given an opportunity to do so.
James Rutledge – Aug 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
I am a 62 year old man who had reverse shoulder replacement surgery because of a very bad fall on my left arm/shoulder. The surgery was performed by Dr. Li on May 2nd 2019. It was a complete success and already my range of motion is excellent and getting better every day with the help of physical therapy. I thank God that I got Dr. Li as my surgeon. If you need reverse shoulder replacement surgery or any other orthopedic surgery I highly recommend Dr. XINNING LI.
Mark LaCivita – Aug 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
Our family would like to thank Dr. Li for everything he did to help my son. My son “Had” spontaneous subluxation in both his shoulders. After 2 surgery’s & a long process of therapy. My son can now do typical teenage stuff, drive/work/empty dishwasher. After being bullied in school for needing help with the most simple of things. Each appointment with Dr. Li gave my son a little sense of normal & confidence. You are in good hands with Dr. Li & his staff. A thousand times Thank you!
Mar 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
Absolutely no surgeon like Dr. Li! He performed a meniscus transplant on me and I learned quickly that he is a rock star amongst all the famous surgeons. Dr. Li provides excellent care and professionalism before, during, and after his surgeries. Sr. Li is brilliant.
Jennifer sandova in MA – Dec 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
I have been an R.N. for thirty years and have worked alongside many physicians over the years. I have also been the point person in my family for medical issues due to my profession. I have been around many physicians both professionally and personally. I was referred to Dr. Li by a local physician due to my misfortune of a torn ACL and Rotator Cuff over the course of two years. Dr. Li performed both surgeries. He is incredibly competent, kind and genuine. He and his staff are first class!!
Joanne Romanelli in MA – Oct 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
Dr. Li did my reverse shoulder replacement 6 months ago and I had no pain at all. Before the surgery I could not lift my arm at all and was in excruciating pain and very weak. After the reverse shoulder replacement I was lifting my arm over my head in two months and had no pain at all. The surgery went great and Dr. Li did an amazing job on my shoulder. He got me out in time after the surgery with a functional shoulder and arm for my 70th birthday! He is just amazing!!
Lenora Francis in Roslindale, MA – Oct 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
Spot on diagnosis, exceptional treatment, phenomenal post op attention. In a very short period of time I’m back to my active life. Couldn’t have asked for a better outcome.
Lisa in MA – Sep 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
Dr. Li performed 2 surgeries on my body in the past two years, a pectoralis major repair (shoulder) and a meniscus repair/ body part removal (knee). As a professional athlete I was pessimistic about my chances of maintaining my athleticism and being able to play at a high level again, but after Dr. Li successfully conducted these surgeries and got me back to exactly where I was before getting injured, I am not only grateful for the job he did but I am also ecstatic about continuing my career!
ousmane drame in boston, MA – Aug 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
I can't say enough about Dr. Li. i tore my rotator cuff on my right shoulder 3/11/16. I saw him in August referred by my lawyer he gave me cortisone shot & to do PT & said i had a 90% tear of the cuff that i would need surgery. I then tore my left cuff completely after a fall in Sept . So i had the left cuff done Dec. 2016. i just had my right cuff (the original injury) surgery done in Oct 2017. I am now recovered from both due to the excellent job Dr. Li did. i would refer him to anyone.
Ron Packard in MA – Jun 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
Dr Li is very precise on explaining and diagonsing the medical condition to me and he is THE BEST surgeon period. I went to multiple other orthopaedic surgeons for my shoulder injury and had two surgeries on my right shoulder still with persistent pain for many years. Dr. Li did my revision shoulder surgery 3 months ago and I am completely out of pain for the first time in many years with great function already. I would 100% recommend Dr. Li to anyone who needs shoulder surgery.
Luis Proencio in Fall Rivers, MA – Feb 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
Thrilled to have been referred to Dr. Li & Dr. Tornetta after being diagnosed with a fracture of my tibial plateau. Expressing a desire to do whatever it took to return to my pre-injury activity, despite a pre-surgery prognosis not terribly reassuring, Dr. Li suggested a novel procedure of grafting a doner plateau as a way to improve durability & function of the joint. Happy to report that 10 weeks post surgery I've regained full mobility & look forward to running in 4 more! Thank you Docs!!!
Gary Grimard – Feb 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
I was recommended to receive my treatments from Dr Li. My surgery was booked with very short waiting time. With his treatment, fast forward a year later, I feel much more stable on my knee. It feels like both my strengths and my stability has recovered. Having recovered up to 90% in my muscle strength and nearly as good in terms of stability within 9-months post-op, this is truly life-changing to me. I would greatly recommend Dr Li to people seeking for sports-injuries treatment.
Quang Ha in Boston, MA – Jan 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
In search of a surgeon my lovely lady came across an infectious smile. That beautiful expression belonged to Xinning 'Tiger' Li. After having an MRI, he deduced it was an injury that required surgery and a 4-6 month recovery time.. He exuded immense compassion. Tiger will do what you can't do: He will put you back together again but the ability to perform as you previously did falls solely on you, Tiger stands majestically at the summit of the orthopedic mountain. He is the physician for you :-)
Jan 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
Dr. Li is very thorough with his approach. Has a good bed side manner. I had left and right reverse shoulder surgery from him. I couldn't be happier with the end results of each. I would recommend him to anyone needing shoulder repair. All the staff at BMC highly regard him. Couldn't ask for better. I have ended up with full range in both of my shoulders. Prior to surgery I couldn't raise my arms at all without experiencing severe pain. I sleep soundly now also.
Alfred MacTavish in Dighton MA – Dec 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
I was referred to Dr. li by my local orthopedic doctor who was unable to treat me due to health issues. I am so grateful that I followed through with the referral as Dr. li was able to repair a total rupture of my right rotator cuff with additional tear to the biceps. I am 10 weeks post-surgery, and am very impressed with the progress of my rehabilitation. The strength is slowly building back, and I have minimal pain even through physical therapy. I highly recommend Dr. li.
Theresa Gallagher in Fairhaven, MA – Dec 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Li?

To address disorders affecting the shoulder, elbow, and knee, Dr. Li specializes in advanced arthroscopic and open surgical techniques. He has a special interest in the care of athletes as he was a NCAA Division I tennis player himself. Dr. Li cares ...

• Sports Medicine
  • Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
  • Orthopedics

2013
Harvard Medical School (Massachusetts General Hospital / Brigham and Women's Hospital)
2013