Dr. Xinning Li, MD

Sports Medicine ·  Male · Age 41

Dr. Li

Boston University Orthopedic Surgical Associates

725 Albany St # 4B Boston, MA 02118

Dr. Xinning Li, MD is a sports medicine specialist in Boston, MA and has been practicing for 6 years. He graduated from University Of Virginia / Main Campus in 2005 and specializes in sports medicine, orthopedic surgery, and more.

Dr. Li's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Li

Dr. Li?
Dr. Li's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Xinning Li, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Our family would like to thank Dr. Li for everything he did to help my son. My son “Had” spontaneous subluxation in both his shoulders. After 2 surgery’s & a long process of therapy. My son can now do typical teenage stuff, drive/work/empty dishwasher. After being bullied in school for needing help with the most simple of things. Each appointment with Dr. Li gave my son a little sense of normal & confidence. You are in good hands with Dr. Li & his staff. A thousand times Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
Absolutely no surgeon like Dr. Li! He performed a meniscus transplant on me and I learned quickly that he is a rock star amongst all the famous surgeons. Dr. Li provides excellent care and professionalism before, during, and after his surgeries. Sr. Li is brilliant.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
I have been an R.N. for thirty years and have worked alongside many physicians over the years. I have also been the point person in my family for medical issues due to my profession. I have been around many physicians both professionally and personally. I was referred to Dr. Li by a local physician due to my misfortune of a torn ACL and Rotator Cuff over the course of two years. Dr. Li performed both surgeries. He is incredibly competent, kind and genuine. He and his staff are first class!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
Dr. Li did my reverse shoulder replacement 6 months ago and I had no pain at all. Before the surgery I could not lift my arm at all and was in excruciating pain and very weak. After the reverse shoulder replacement I was lifting my arm over my head in two months and had no pain at all. The surgery went great and Dr. Li did an amazing job on my shoulder. He got me out in time after the surgery with a functional shoulder and arm for my 70th birthday! He is just amazing!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
Spot on diagnosis, exceptional treatment, phenomenal post op attention. In a very short period of time I’m back to my active life. Couldn’t have asked for a better outcome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
Dr. Li performed 2 surgeries on my body in the past two years, a pectoralis major repair (shoulder) and a meniscus repair/ body part removal (knee). As a professional athlete I was pessimistic about my chances of maintaining my athleticism and being able to play at a high level again, but after Dr. Li successfully conducted these surgeries and got me back to exactly where I was before getting injured, I am not only grateful for the job he did but I am also ecstatic about continuing my career!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
I can't say enough about Dr. Li. i tore my rotator cuff on my right shoulder 3/11/16. I saw him in August referred by my lawyer he gave me cortisone shot & to do PT & said i had a 90% tear of the cuff that i would need surgery. I then tore my left cuff completely after a fall in Sept . So i had the left cuff done Dec. 2016. i just had my right cuff (the original injury) surgery done in Oct 2017. I am now recovered from both due to the excellent job Dr. Li did. i would refer him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
Dr Li is very precise on explaining and diagonsing the medical condition to me and he is THE BEST surgeon period. I went to multiple other orthopaedic surgeons for my shoulder injury and had two surgeries on my right shoulder still with persistent pain for many years. Dr. Li did my revision shoulder surgery 3 months ago and I am completely out of pain for the first time in many years with great function already. I would 100% recommend Dr. Li to anyone who needs shoulder surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
Thrilled to have been referred to Dr. Li & Dr. Tornetta after being diagnosed with a fracture of my tibial plateau. Expressing a desire to do whatever it took to return to my pre-injury activity, despite a pre-surgery prognosis not terribly reassuring, Dr. Li suggested a novel procedure of grafting a doner plateau as a way to improve durability & function of the joint. Happy to report that 10 weeks post surgery I've regained full mobility & look forward to running in 4 more! Thank you Docs!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
I was recommended to receive my treatments from Dr Li. My surgery was booked with very short waiting time. With his treatment, fast forward a year later, I feel much more stable on my knee. It feels like both my strengths and my stability has recovered. Having recovered up to 90% in my muscle strength and nearly as good in terms of stability within 9-months post-op, this is truly life-changing to me. I would greatly recommend Dr Li to people seeking for sports-injuries treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
In search of a surgeon my lovely lady came across an infectious smile. That beautiful expression belonged to Xinning 'Tiger' Li. After having an MRI, he deduced it was an injury that required surgery and a 4-6 month recovery time.. He exuded immense compassion. Tiger will do what you can't do: He will put you back together again but the ability to perform as you previously did falls solely on you, Tiger stands majestically at the summit of the orthopedic mountain. He is the physician for you :-)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
Dr. Li is very thorough with his approach. Has a good bed side manner. I had left and right reverse shoulder surgery from him. I couldn't be happier with the end results of each. I would recommend him to anyone needing shoulder repair. All the staff at BMC highly regard him. Couldn't ask for better. I have ended up with full range in both of my shoulders. Prior to surgery I couldn't raise my arms at all without experiencing severe pain. I sleep soundly now also.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
I was referred to Dr. li by my local orthopedic doctor who was unable to treat me due to health issues. I am so grateful that I followed through with the referral as Dr. li was able to repair a total rupture of my right rotator cuff with additional tear to the biceps. I am 10 weeks post-surgery, and am very impressed with the progress of my rehabilitation. The strength is slowly building back, and I have minimal pain even through physical therapy. I highly recommend Dr. li.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
I suffered a nasty fall and all but destroyed my shoulder(actually pretty much did). Dr. Li was very straight forward about all options, making sure I understood everything along the way. Never did I feel rushed through appointments, or felt as if any question I had was silly. I have so much more use of my shoulder than I thought I would have. Dr. Li was the best and I would highly recommend him to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
I ran out of talent skiing in Feb 2017, and earned the trifecta: torn ACL, MCL and lateral meniscus. Dr Li saw me almost immediately, and his treatment has been spot-on. After PT to reduce the swelling and prepare for surgery recovery, he operated in late May 2017. It's now almost November 2017, and I'm almost as good as new. What's left to get me back to good as new is on me, primarily continue the PT regimen on my own, facilitated by the fantastic treatment plan and surgery by Dr Li.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
Dr. Li has improved my quality of life tremendously. As a very active person, I was worried about my recovery post-surgery. He did such a great job that I already feel significantly better than pre-surgery and my knee has healed well. Would definitely suggest seeing him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
He is the best doctor around MA, he has performed 5 surgeries for my brother and I in the past 4 years.Each time was a success, I would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs a surgery in his field
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr Li to anyone who requires knee surgery I tore my acl back in May 2015 and got it repaired in Aug 2015 by another surgeon. Due to lots of scar tissue, I had to go back under for 2 more surgeries. Those were unsuccessful so I was referred to Dr Li by my surgeon I then had surgery to remove the scar tissue august of 2016. It was a success, dr li was able to get rid of all the scar tissue and I was able to get full range of motion and to maintain it!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
I had shoulder surgery by Dr. Li in February, from the moment I met him he seem confident which is a plus. There's nothing more reassuring before surgery then the confidence of your Doctor. He had an excellent team nurses and Anesthesia also was great. My incision are very small couldn't even tell I had surgery. I would recommend Dr. Li to anyone great surgeon plus excellent social skills.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Xinning Li, MD?
OUTSTANDING SURGEON!!! 2 recent shoulder surgeries with rotator, bursitis & arthritis issues & this remarkable surgeon has enabled me to sleep again after 8+ years of constant agony. Can't thank him enough. AND...he's also a good person & very a nice guy. Thank you Dr. Li
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Li?

To address disorders affecting the shoulder, elbow, and knee, Dr. Li specializes in advanced arthroscopic and open surgical techniques. He has a special interest in the care of athletes as he was a NCAA Division I tennis player himself. Dr. Li cares ...

• Sports Medicine
  • Hip & Knee Orthopedics
  • Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

2013
Harvard Medical School (Massachusetts General Hospital / Brigham and Women's Hospital)
International Travelling Fellowship In Shoulder Surgery-Lyon and Annecy, France
2005
2000

• Chinese, Mandarin

Dr. Li accepts

Dr. Li accepts the following insurance:

Blue Preferred
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Blue Care Elect PPO
Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC)
Worker's Compensation WC

• Shoulder Surgery
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Sports Injuries
  • Total Shoulder Replacement

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Li treats patients.