Dr. Xiaoqing Liu, MD

Dr. Xiaoqing Liu, MD

Psychiatry | Female

I strive to provide the best care to all her patients.

I graduated from Zhejiang University Medical School in China. I earned a PhD in Biological Psychology at SUNY at Stony Brook, New York. I subsequently was a Postdoctoral Fellow and researcher at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and published research papers on gene mapping and psychopharmacology. I then completed a residency in Psychiatry at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston. I am board certified in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. I am a member of the American Psychiatric Association, Texas Society of Psychiatric Physicians. I was awarded the Seay Biomedical Research Fellowship while at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and later received the "New Investigator Award" by the National Institute of Mental Health. I see adult patients age eighteen and older in an exclusively outpatient practice. I have a clinical interest in a wide range of psychiatric conditions including mood disorders, psychotic disorders, and stress and anxiety disorders. I am fluent in Mandarin Chinese as well as English.

Dr. Liu's Experience

See how Dr. Liu's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Liu

Dr. Liu accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Liu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Liu to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Liu's Performance
in Houston, tx |
By far one of the best Doctors to go to for help. Dr. Liu has helped me through my problems every step of the way and is attentive to all you needs. I highly recommend Dr. Liu.
in Houston, TX |
WORST PSYCHIATRIST IN HOUSTON!!! She will not prescribe anything useful for severe issues such as anxiety or depression, minimizing your issues. She will attempt to push off bizarre mood stabilizers as the solution and should you protest, demand and even threaten to "call an ambulance and have you taken away". This was all within 30 minutes of meeting this lady, and she responded in this hostile way simply because I questioned her prescriptions. She barely speaks English and is DANGEROUS!!
in Missouri City, TX |
I saw Dr. Liu in March 2015 and really enjoyed having time with her. My mental detriment had caused me legal troubles and with the doctor's help, I was able to learn more about myself and overcome my hardship. Dr. Liu is one of the few psychiatrists that I take at face value. She is kind and very compassionate with her patients and really takes time to get to know them and their issues. I will continue to see Dr. Liu in the future and I would recommend her to anyone suffering mental detriment.
Houston, TX |
She is the best! Very intuitive and interested in what is best for her patient. I am very comfortable with her.
Katy, TX |
Dr. Liu is very experienced, caring and trustworthy. She had helped me out of the darkest moment of my life twice. Her professionalism, confidence and prompt support are very important to my recovery and I appreciate that very much. I still do routine office follow up and I trust her judgement and advices, and she's already felt like an old friend to me.
in Houston, TX |
Dr Liu is an excellent doctor, she is thorough with her patients and cares about them. She has a lot of patience. She has done a wonderful job with my daughter! Thank you
in Houston, TX |
I have been with Dr. Liu for 2 and a half years. She treats my whole family. She has adjusted our medications so that we are on the fewest medications to meet our needs . She has a degree in molecular pharmacology, so she knows all about the drugs and their interactions. She also recommended a genetic test through her office that reveals which medications work best for you! I have tried many doctors and she and her office staff are the best! Madonna is a great psychologist for weekly therapy.
in houston, tx |
Dr. Liu, listened and asked questions about patient. Was very easy to talk to and understand. Definitely would recommend.
in Houston, TX |
I've been going to Dr. Liu for several years. She is extremely good. She cares about her patients and does a great job.
only give 15 minutes; no sympathy; no help
Have you seen Dr. Xiaoqing Liu, MD?
Are you Dr. Liu?

Compare Dr. Liu

Dr. Liu says...

I graduated from Zhejiang University Medical School in China. I earned a PhD in Biological Psychology at SUNY at Stony Brook, New York. I subsequently was a Postdoctoral Fellow and researcher at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and published research papers on gene mapping and psychopharmacology. I then completed a residency in Psychiatry at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston. I am board certified in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.

I am a member of the American Psychiatric Association, Texas Society of Psychiatric Physicians. I was awarded the Seay Biomedical Research Fellowship while at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and later received the "New Investigator Award" by the National Institute of Mental Health.

I see adult patients age eighteen and older in an exclusively outpatient practice. I have a clinical interest in a wide range of psychiatric conditions including mood disorders, psychotic disorders, and stress and anxiety disorders. I am fluent in Mandarin Chinese as well as English.

Dr. Liu's Care Philosophy

I strive to provide the best care to all her patients.

Dr. Liu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Liu has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Liu's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• Acute Stress Disorder (ASD)
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Binge Eating Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Brief Psychotic Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Insomnia
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Postpartum Depression

Completed in 2003

University Of Texas Harris County Psychiatric Center

Completed in 2006

• Chinese, Mandarin

Dr. Liu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Liu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry