Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Wyche Coleman III, MD
Dr. Wyche Coleman III, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Shreveport, LA. He is 36 years old and has been practicing for 10 years. Dr. Coleman III is affiliated with Desoto Regional Health System and Willis-Knighton Medical Center.

WK Eye Institute South

2530 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop Ste 116

Shreveport, LA 71118

• American Lifecare
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Best Life & Health Insurance
  • CareSource
  • CHAMPVA
  • ChoiceCare Network
  • Community Health Choice

Learn about Dr. Coleman III

Dr. Coleman III's Experience

Dr. Coleman III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• Iridotomy
  • LASIK
  • Laser Surgery
  • Ocular Prosthetics
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Refractive Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Louisiana State University Shreveport
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • LA STATE UNIV SCH OF MED IN SHREVEPORT
    Medical School | Graduated 2007
  • Louisiana State University Health Shreveport / School Of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Louisiana State University Health Shreveport / School Of Medicine

Dr. Coleman III has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Coleman III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Coleman III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Coleman III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Coleman III to family and friends
Dr. Coleman III's Performance
in Shreveport, LA |
The staff was great and very attentive to my needs. Dr. Coleman is wonderful. Very thorough and caring at the same time. Will definitely recommend him. ballmum1@gmail.com
in Shreveport, LA |
Dr. Coleman recently performed my Lasik surgery. I am beyond thrilled with not only his competence and medical professionalism, but also with my new vision. For years I have wanted to get an evaluation to determine if I was a candidate, and I finally just called his office and scheduled an appointment. So glad I did! I found the whole procedure thorough and easy. I highly recommend Dr. Coleman and his wonderful staff.
in Coushatta, LA |
My experience with Dr. Coleman has always been positive. I recently had cataract and lasik procedures done and could no be more pleased with Dr. Coleman and his staff!
in Coushatta, LA |
Dr. Coleman is the best! I had blephoraplasty in May and I cannot express how happy I am with my results! He and his whole office staff are courteous and extremely knowledgeable. Anyone looking for a top-notch ophthalmologist would be wise to choose Dr Coleman.
in Shreveport, LA |
Dr. Coleman performed my LASIK eye surgery. I am a physician myself and was referred to him by multiple friends and colleagues. He is very thorough and knowledgeable. Meeting with him pre-op, he was very reassuring and confident in the results he could get. Surgery went smoothly and following his recommendations and instructions allowed for a quick recovery. Post-op visits were quick with minimal wait-time.
in Bossier City, LA |
I had refractive eye surgery, and there was a little bit of a wait. When my turn finally came, I could see why Dr. Coleman is in high demand. I was interested in Lasik, but he told me that there was a much better option. Since I had the beginning of cataracts as well as a significant degree of myopia, he recommended removal of them plus replacement intraocular lenses to correct my vision. Dr. Coleman and his staff are charming, solicitous and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend them!!!
in Shreveport, LA |
Had the new Smile procedure done in July 2017. I have been impacted by extremely poor vision and nearsightedness since I can remember. I previously could not wake up and function in the morning w/o glasses or contacts. One of the best decisions I have ever made! Currently almost a week from surgery...eyes are feeling great...procedure was painless and quick (maybe 10 minutes). Also, Dr. Coleman and his team (esp Inka) are very courteous and professional. All around great experience!!
in Shreveport, LA |
Dr. Coleman is a well-rounded physician. He is friendly, highly knowledgeable, and really takes the time to answer all your questions and concerns in a clear and concise manner. Dr. Coleman performed LASIK on me, and I had the utmost confidence in his ability to do a great job due to his experience and large knowledge base. I would certainly recommend him to family and friends, and plan to do so in the future.
in Keithville, LA |
I went to Dr. Coleman to have my lens replaced and I have to say that I had an unbelievably good experience. He is the kind of doctor that genuinely cares about this patients and want they want. I was concerned about an unexpected issue and Dr. Coleman went above and beyond what he had to do to make me happy. Not only would I recommend him to everyone, he is the kind of doctor I would take my grandchildren to see for treatment, if needed. Again, 5 stars, top notch doctor who honestly cares.
in DeBerry, TX, |
Dr. Coleman has been my eye doctor for many years through several eye surgeries & procedures including Cataract removal, LensEx with monovision. and bilateral Brephroplasty. I have been very pleased with all procedures & exams. He & his staff are the reasons I choose to go there & I have recommended them to several family, friends, & co workers. I love being able to see so well again.
in Shreveport, LA |
I would recommend Dr. Coleman for any eye conditions or problems. I work in healthcare and have worked with Dr. Coleman. Recently, Dr. Coleman did cataract surgery on both of my eyes with a good outcome! I have improved vision in both eyes. Dr. Cole treated me with professionalism. I felt very much like a patient and NOT a coworker. Throughout my exams and procedure, Dr. Coleman explained the processes. This relieved a great deal of anxiety for me . The area is fortunate to have Dr. Coleman.
Haughton, LA |
Dr. Coleman and his staff are wonderful. I am so pleased with the results of cataract/lens exchange surgery. It's great to see things so clearly------ WITHOUT GLASSES.
in Shreveport, LA |
Dr .Coleman is an excellent eye physician and surgeon. He is very knowledgeable of eye diseases and the treatment of the disease. He conveys this to the patient in a manner that the patient can understand. Dr. Coleman preformed cataract surgery and lense replacement on me. It seemed to be the simplest procedure when Dr. Coleman did it, but I know it was not the procedure, but the skill of the surgeon. I highly recommend Dr. Coleman for your eye care.
in shreveport, la |
Excellent results from my lasik eye surgery performed by Dr. Coleman. His bedside manner is superb and I would highly recommend him!
Shreveport, LA |
One of my relatives recently had cataract surgery in both eyes. Dr. Coleman is superb. He is very knowledgeable and professional with his patients. He lets them know step-by-step what is going to happen. This is so important when someone is going to take care of your eyes. His staff is the best.....always caring and helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Coleman for any concerns having to do with the eyes.
in Shreveport, LA |
Dr. Coleman is an awesome Doctor. Would and have recommended him to other people. He is the best!!!
in Bossier City, La |
It was a very pleasant experience all around. His staff and he were very knowledgeable and friendly. I can't believe I waited so long to get Lasik!
in Shreveport, LA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Coleman for many years and have always been treated with respect. I am very happy with the results of recent cataract removals that Dr. Coleman performed on my eyes. I can see much better now and need glasses only to see fine print.
in Shreveport la |
Very thorough Pleasant experience. Friendly staff excellent patient care
in Shreveport, La |
Dr. Wyche T. Coleman, is the best in his field. I am very thankful and appreciative for the care I received from him plus his staff went way above to make me feel as if I was his only patient. If you are in need of eye surgery please go to him. I give him unlimited stars.....
Shreveport, LA |
I can not be happier with my decision to have lens replacement surgery to correct my vision. Wearing contacts was no longer an option for me (due to extreme dry eye) and I had spent over a year trying to adjust to life in glasses. Dr. Coleman and his staff were absolutely wonderful throughout this easy, quick and painless experience. Not only is my vision perfect, I've been able to return to my active lifestyle without the hassle of contacts, solutions and/or glasses. That feels like freedom!
in Coushatta, LA |
I had the best experience ever. I had PRK in early December 2016 after being in glasses/contacts since 1983. My vision is now perfect. I was a -7.50 but not anymore. His staff is great also! I would recommend them to anyone and tell them don't wait any longer.
in Haughton, LA |
I was Dr. Coleman's high school science teacher. When he finished med school and started practicing in my area, I choose him to be my eye doctor! He is awesome! He is very knowledgeable and skilled in all aspects of eye care. He performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes and we decided to use the lenses that corrected my reading vision and they work great! I have had no complications or pain at all! He is great!
in Shreveport, LA |
Dr. Coleman recently performed my LASIK eye surgery and I truly could not be more pleased. Everything from the initial consultation to the appointments following my surgery was handled efficiently and professionally while also making me feel fully at ease about the procedure. After 23 years of needing corrective lenses, I now have 20/15 vision and have had no issues following the surgery. Dr. Coleman and his staff are incredibly caring and friendly, too!
in Shreveport, LA |
I had Lasik performed by Dr. Coleman recently and it was breeze. I am a pilot and the health and care of my vision is extremely important. I had a little anxiety about having this procedure since my job depends on my vision but Dr Coleman put all fears to rest. I was in and out in no time. He educated me on everything that would occur during the procedure so nothing was new and frightening. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Coleman to anyone that is looking for an excellent physician.
in Shreveport, LA |
I had LASIK surgery a few weeks ago. The best decision I've ever made. He and his staff are wonderful people. I would recommend Dr. Coleman to anyone thinking of having this surgery.
in Zwolle, LA |
Went to Dr. Coleman as I was having problem with my eyes, he checked, scheduled surgery and now I have my 20/20 vision back. I am 70 years old so this was a relief to me as I was having problems driving at night. He fully informs you on every step he takes, my husband and I are are very satisfied....we recommend him highly if you are having problems or just a simple checkup.
in Haughton, La |
Dr Coleman and his staff are amazing! I knew when I left his office for my LASIK consultation I had made the right decision on using him. I have already recommend him to several of my friends/family and will continue to do so.
in Henderson, TX |
Highly recommend Dr. Coleman. He did a cataract surgery for me. Great bedside manner and explains all procedures and questions in very professional manner. He can get it done.
in Bossier City |
Dr. Coleman was very considerate and diligent in the care of my eyes. I am well pleased with his work.
in Marthaville,La. |
He is just an outstanding doctor is his field, he listens answers all questions is very good at doing his job.
in Noel, MO |
Dr. Coleman really is great! He did a wonderful job with my mom! Thanks Dr. Coleman
in Athens La. |
Dr. Coleman and his staff have treated me exceptionally with kindness and care. I couldn't have had a better outcome on my surger. I was checked by his assistant and my vision is 20/15. I will always come back to see him with any future care and highly recommend this office for your medical eye care needs. We don't know what we are missing until the sight is restored. Thank you Dr. Coleman and staff for the generous gifts God has restored to me through you skilled hands and caring hearts.
in Waskom, TX. |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Wyche Coleman to anyone with eye problems, whether complicated vision problems or minor vision problems. Dr. Coleman is serious about every patient, very calm, very confident and reassuring, plus he is phenomenal at painless surgery, with wonderful results. My husband has glaucoma, and needed his cataracts removed, new lens implanted, including stents to reduce glaucoma related pressure in both eyes. Both surgeries gave him perfect vision!
in Many, LA |
Although I had used another ophthalmology group for annual checkups for years , I chose to go to Dr. Coleman for cataract surgery based on recommendations from patients of his that I know. I found him to be personable, professional and highly qualified. He kept me well informed throughout the process including the surgery. I had severe astigmatism which he successfully corrected with the implanted lenses and my vision is the best it has been in years. I highly recommend Dr. Coleman.
in Shreveport, LA |
Dr. Coleman III was exactly what I needed. Got my eye sight clearer than ever without complications. Above great results. Will recommend him to all of my customers.
in Shreveport, LA |
My experience with Dr. Coleman was very pleasant. I would recommend him to other patients.
in Minden, LA |
I considered LASIK for a couple of years. I am a middle aged woman who has worn contacts or glasses since I was a child. Doctor Coleman performed LASIK on my eyes with one eye for distance vision and one for reading. The surgery was such a success. I personally had very little burning after the procedure and within just a few hours I was seeing perfect. This has been one of the best experiences of my life and I would definitely recommend Dr. Coleman to anyone who is considering LASIK.
in Logansport, La. |
I trust him with my life
in Coushatta, LA |
I had my cataracts removed two weeks ago, with amazing results! Dr.Coleman III is the best in this business! His staff is exceptional and I couldn't have have asked for a better experience!
in Many, LA |
I have used Dr. Coleman for a few years & this year he performed cataract surgery. I find him very knowledgeable, and willing to listen. He will any question you might have. I have already sent my sisters and their husbands to see him.
in Shreveport La |
Dr. Coleman is an excellent physician and he genuinely cares about his patients. His staff is very friendly and the atmosphere is pleasant. I would highly recommend him to others.
in Shreveport, LA |
I would strongly recommend Dr. Coleman, and I have, in fact. I trust him and his staff! He took great care of me. He's competent and nice - a perfect combination!
in Carthage |
He was very Professional and caring regarding my eyelid problem. He did my surgery and the results were very satisfactory.
in Natchitoches, LA |
This doctor is one of the best in his field. He is very professional and prompt and cares about the well being of his patients. His staff is very accommodating, knowledgeable and eager to help. I definitely recommend this doctor and entrust him with my care.
in Frisco, TX |
Dr. Coleman is a confident and more than competent professional who give me a complete sense of comfort at once. After surgery and follow up I am please to say the trust he inspired initially was surpassed by his performance. Dan Dobson
in Shreveport, LA |
My son had an accident at the playground and Dr. Coleman was the Ophthalmologist on call for the ER. He was very professional and great with my child, both in the ER and at the follow-up appointments. I would highly recommend him to my friends and family.
in Elm Grove, Louisiana |
Dr Coleman recently performed cataract surgery on my right eye. Praise God, I now have 20-20 vision in that eye. I go back Tuesday for the left eye. I thank God for lining things up for me to see Dr Coleman. It is truly a miracle. I have worn glasses sense the third grade and I'm 62 years of age. No one knows how thankful and appreciative I'am. The sky is bluer and the grass and trees are greener. All these years I have missed out on what others have seen. It's a brand new world to me.
in Coushatta, LA |
A Confident ,Very Competent, and Very Knowledgeable Doctor . Listens to the patient , and goes above and beyond to perform the best procedure ! The staff that works with him are very personable , caring , understanding , and ( in my opinion ) , Just as Phenomenal as Wyche T. Coleman III ! This is the first Eye Physician I put my total trust in with my eyes , and he exceeded my expectations ! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Him and his staff !
in Pierre Payen, Haiti |
Dr Coleman performed cataract surgery on both eyes and I marvel at the results.
Have you seen Dr. Wyche Coleman III, MD?
Are you Dr. Coleman III?

Visit Dr. Coleman III

Dr. Coleman III accepts 36 insurance carriers
  • American Lifecare
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
    Medicaid
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Best Life & Health Insurance
    First Health (Coventry Health Care) EPO
    First Health (Coventry Health Care) HMO
    First Health (Coventry Health Care) POS
  • Gilsbar 360
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Health Net
  • HealthFirst
  • HealthPlus
  • inHealth
  • INTotal Health
    Medicaid
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio