Dr. Woosik Chung, MD

Dr. Woosik Chung, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Male

Dr. Woosik Chung, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Denver, CO. He has been practicing for 14 years.

Denver International Spine Center

1601 E 19th Ave Ste 6250

Denver, CO 80218

• American Enterprise Group
  • American Republic
  • Cofinity
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Chung

See how frequently Dr. Chung performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Myelopathy
Cervical Spine Myelopathy
Spondylolisthesis

Dr. Chung's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery
  • Thoracic Disc Surgery
  • Thoracic Surgical Procedure

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Yale University
  • Columbia University / College of Physicians And Surgeons
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Emory University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Chung has no media or publications listed.

• Korean

Dr. Chung does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chung and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chung's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chung to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Chung's Performance
Denver, CO |
Dr. Chung explained my issues in a way that I could understand what was going on with my spine. He is very professional, enthusiastic, attentive and you can tell he loves his job and helping people with their pain. I would recommend him to friends and family in a heartbeat.
in Arvada, CO |
I am extremely thankful that I found Dr. Chung. I went to see him for a second opinion on a lumbar spine issue. Dr. Chung spent nearly an hour with me explaining my X-rays and MRI in detail and answering my questions about a lumbar fusion. Dr. Chung clearly is a very caring, kind and knowledgeable surgeon. I am confident in my decision to move forward with a lumbar fusion with Dr. Chung as I know I will be in great hands.
in Evergreen, CO |
You can have full faith in Dr. Chung's diagnosis and surgical skills. I had a difficult (9 hour) cervical spine surgery and am doing exceptionally well. Dr. Chung is totally devoted to the patient's welfare. He is broadly knowledgeable not only about his area of expertise, but also about other areas of medicine that I have asked about. And, he has a delightful personality which it makes the stress you feel going into surgery so much easier to abide.
in Loveland, CO |
Dr. Chung is the best doctor I could imagine, so glad I was able to find him! His knowledge, bedside manner and attitude are very professional. His expertise and surgical skill are the best you can get. I went to Dr. Chung for a 2-level cervical disc replacement that went flawless. My quick recovery speaks to his skill as a surgeon, knowing exactly that he can do in the procedure to minimize impact and maximize results. I could not be more pleased with his services. Thank you Dr. Chung!
in Denver, CO |
I am grateful for Dr. Chung's expertise, kindness and compassion. I attribute my continued health and good function to his wise advise and counseling. His office staff is helpful and polite, go the extra mile to help before during and after seeing Dr. Chung.
Denver, CO |
Dr. Chung is one of the best. I had seen numerous specialists that couldn't or didn't want to help me with a rare bone disease. He is very knowledgable and caring with a great bedside manner.
in Aurora, Colorado |
He is an amazing doctor! I have the highest regards and respect for him. I would highly recommend him.
in Denver, CO |
I have never met a more qualified doctor/surgeon. I have always felt most secure in his medical decisions regarding my health.
in Highlands Ranch, CO |
I had a double anterior cervical fusion by Dr. Chung. The outcome exceeded my expectations. He provided outstanding patient education and options to make my own decisions for my plan of care. Dr. Chung also participates in ongoing research projects. His patients have access to the latest PROVEN medical technologies. Chung is a "Doctor's Dr". Physicians look to Chung for their own personal spinal surgery. The only con is it takes awhile to get an appt. He is extremely busy.
in Lakewood, CO |
My experience with Dr Chung over the last year, from surgery to follow up's, has been exceptional. He is not only a gifted surgeon, his bedside manner is absolutely outstanding. He placed me at immediate ease from the moment I met him and made me understand everything going on in layman terms.... Awesome!!!
in Littleton, CO |
I highly recommend Dr. Woosik Chung for back and neck surgery. He did spinal fusion on my cervical verte- brae and my entire spine. It was complicated because I had so many things wrong that were causing me severe pain. Both surgeries were about 8 hours and I was advised it would take at least a year to recover. I am in 9 months of recovery and glad to say the surgery was a great success. Dr. Chung is the best. He was always courteous and caring with me as was his entire staff.
in Commerce City, CO |
employees rude, unhelpful, uncaring, which Dr. Chung seems to encourage
We are very sorry to hear about this experience in our practice and would like to look into it further. Please call Cheryl Fay, Practice Manager at (303)-762-3472 so that we can get further information to address the situation.
in Aurora, CO |
Dr. Chung performed cervical & lumbar fusions on me in 2013 & late 2015. I appreciated having a doctor who listens carefully and does not rush through appointments. He patiently answered all my questions and explained options and procedures. My recoveries were as expected with no complications. My back pain is almost completely gone; my mobility is increasing by the month. I am completely satisfied with my outcomes and would recommend Dr. Chung.
in Denver |
After playing 12 seasons in the NFL, my spine is a wreck. I've seen doctors across the country, none of them clearly diagnosing my issues. I always felt as though I had more problems than I had been notified of. After researching many specialists in Denver, I decided to see Dr. Chung. He is a brilliant doctor who takes his time explaining his findings in detail. He is a true gentleman and answers every question you may have. It's obvious he truly cares about the well-being of his patients. A+++
in Highlands Ranch, CO |
Dr. Chung performed a redo Anterior Fusion with an added Posterior Infusion of C3-T2 as well after a failed Anterior Fusion one year earlier of C3-C5 with another Surgeon. At time of presenting to Dr. Chung I had severe spinal cord impingement causing severe pain, numbness of both arms and hands, unequal hand grips, loss of motor function in both arms and inability to recline without increased severe symptoms. Dr. Chung is highly recommended to be the Surgeon of choice for neck surgery. Pat
Have you seen Dr. Woosik Chung, MD?

Visit Dr. Chung

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Cofinity
    Cofinity PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Thrivent Financial

Hospitals where Dr. Chung has admitting privileges

Presbyterian/Saint Luke's Medical Center
1719 E 19th Ave
Denver, CO 80218

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Chung at Denver International Spine Center

Physician Assistant