Neurology  |
Dr. Winston Ortiz, MD
Dr. Winston Ortiz, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Tallahassee, FL. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Ortiz is affiliated with Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare.

1401 Centerville Rd Ste 600

Tallahassee, FL 32308

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Ortiz

See how frequently Dr. Ortiz performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Headache
Trigeminal Neuralgia

Dr. Ortiz's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology

• Bell's Palsy
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Parkinsonism
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

• Ponce School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1987

Dr. Ortiz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ortiz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ortiz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ortiz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ortiz to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Ortiz's Performance
Ocala, FL |
My wife came in to his office with a known history of seizures and TIA's. He didn't listen to a word she said. Changed her medication nonetheless. And was so aggressive toward her she broke down sobbing in the office.
Youngstown |
Dr. Ortiz started the hasty appt by complaining he didn't have the in-office records available. He made me feel at fault for his office losing vital health records and test results. He did not allow me to explain my health concerns or symptoms. He was short tempered and in an apparent hurry to leave the room. I was so upset I actually cried in the office. I had waited 4 months for this appt and am in dire need of help. The tests were scheduled and upon my arrival I was told he cancelled my appt.
in Tallahassee, FL. |
Dr Ortiz has been the only Dr to know the disability that I have and has been outstanding in his personality, professional knowlege and his asking of ones health when he sees you outside the office wherever he sees you
Tallahassee, FL |
Tallahassee neurological clinic has by far the least helpful and least friendly staff I have ever dealt with. It took them over two weeks after receiving my referral to tell me I was denied as a patient even after I called several times trying to schedule an appointment. Never before have I had a nurse yell at me over the phone because she was annoyed that I called back a day later. This staff has no desire to help sick people. Go to a different city for urgent neurological care.
Perry, FL |
Our inital appointment was 6 months out then a few days before our appt., it was moved out another month. we finally get in and had to wait and hour after appt. time then had to wait another hour and half in the 2nd waiting room, 2 and a half hours! We over heard a nurse ask a ARNP to see us, she said no. When we did get to see him, he was sorry for the wait. His assessment was under 10 minutes, he blew off my husband condiditon and just gave pills! office mang. was very rude! NOT GOING BACK!
in Bristol, FL |
I find Dr Ortiz to be a warm, kindhearted, caring and thoughtful doctor. His professionalism is above reproach. The fact that he cares about my pain and suffering tells me that he is truly in the right profession. Thank you for always being there. His office staff are courteous and carry a smile even thouth they may be very tired. The exam rooms are clean.
in Tallahassee, FL |
I find Dr. Ortiz to be very communicative and very thorough. He's been my neurologist for approx. two years. I am 100% satisfied with my experiences.
in Tallahassee, FL |
Had a nerve cond test sched w/Dr. Ortiz. I was an established patient. Took over 2 mos. to get the appt. Got to the hospital parking lot a few mins before my appt. Horrible traffic took 10 min to find a place (farthest level, 3 elevators). I called 7 min after my appt time to say I was there, just got parked. They told me if I wasn't there by 10 min after my appt they would cancel. I hurried, got there by 13 mins after my appt. They refused to see me. I was treated terribly by the staff.
Have you seen Dr. Winston Ortiz, MD?
Are you Dr. Ortiz?