Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Willy Ky, MD
Dr. Willy Ky is a board certified physician, surgeon and clinical instructor, who specializes in both Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology. He completed his Residency at the NYU School of Medicine where he was appointed the lead Chief Resident in his senior year. Dr. Ky then completed a fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus at the Washington University School of Medicine. His clinical areas of interests include the treatment of Dry Eyes, Pediatric and Adult Glaucoma, Advanced Cataract Surgery and Pediatric Ocular diseases, including Adult Strabismus. His focus also include technologies that enhance visual performance: laser vision correction (LASIK & PRK), higher technology cataract options (including Laser Assisted Cataract surgery and the Crystalens, Trulign, and Restore and Tecnis Multifocal implants) and contact lenses (including bifocal and CRT nighttime corneal shaping lenses). He is also an injection expert with Botox and performs cosmetic eyelid surgery. When not involved directly with patient care, Dr. Ky is training the next generation of Ophthalmic surgeons at both North Shore LIJ University Hospital and NYU Medical Center. Dr. Ky enjoys all sports, and in particular the martial arts, where he is a black belt in Okinawa Karate (Master Ansei Ueshiro), a 3rd degree black belt in Taekwondo (Masters Sun Chul and Jun Chul Whang) and a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (Master Renzo Gracie). Academic Training B.S. with Magna Cum Laude - CUNY 7-year combined B.S. M.D. Program M.D. - The Mount Sinai School of Medicine M.B.A. - NYU Stern School of Business Clinical Training Internship - The Mount Sinai Beth Israel Medical Center Residency in Ophthalmology and Executive Chief Resident - NYU School of Medicine Fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus - Washington Univ. School of Medicine Academic Credentials Clinical Assistant Professor in Ophthalmology – North Shore LIJ University Hospital Clinical Assistant Professor in Ophthalmology – NYU School of Medicine Diplomat of American Board of Ophthalmology Fellow of the American College of surgeons Member of the American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery Member of the American Association of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Member of the Chinese American Medical Society Member of the Coalition for Asian American IPA

13527 38th Ave Ste 398

• HIP Health Plan of New York
  • MagnaCare
  • MetroPlus Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Ky

At New York Eye & Laser, we provide a friendly, positive environment to provide high quality care for all.  We utilize only the most up-to-date medical knowledge and technology, form our health information system to the FDA approved lasers we use.

Simply put, we strive to be the best eye institute, anywere.

Dr. Ky's Experience

Dr. Ky's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
  • Pterygium
  • Retina Diseases
  • Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Senile Cataracts

• Eye Surgery
  • Eyelid Surgery
  • Foreign Body Removal from Eye
  • Orthokeratology
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• City University NY
  • Nyu School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Washington University In St Louis School of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Ky has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese
  • Vietnamese

Dr. Ky does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ky and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ky's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ky to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Ky's Performance
in Great Neck, NY |
AMAZING!!!! I went to Doctor Ky in July 2016. I went to THREE different doctors who weren't able to get my eye glasses prescription right. Doctor Ky was so gentle and comforting towards me. He took the time to measure my eyes, give me new trial contact lenses to try on, and was so understanding of my situation. I am glad to say that I am seeing perfectly right now and all I had to do was go to Doctor Ky. He is on time, the office staff is super friendly, and the office is super clean. THANK YOU!
in Queens, NY |
I began seeing Dr. Ky in preparation and execution of my PRK vision corrective eye surgery. Throughout the entire procedure he walked me through each step and explained the steps in detail while remaining reassuring for the duration. The surgery itself lasted only ten minutes and I've never been happier, since I'm able to see without any complications, since I was a child is outstanding. I now see him for all eye exams and he is thorough and straightforward. He has excellent bedside manner.
in Merrick NY |
Visited Dr Ky in his new Flushing office. He was patient, caring and thorough.he answered all questions and concerns.it was worth the trip from Merrick N Y.
Glen Cove, NY |
Very competent, thorough and caring,
in East Williston, NY |
I saw Dr. Ky for an annual exam as I thought I needed glasses and he was very personable. He took his time and carefully explained to me my results. He is exactly the type of doctor that I love to see. His office staff was great as well and altogether it was an excellent experience!
in New York, NY |
I first met with Dr. Ky several years ago for what I believed was a standard appointment prior to vision correcting surgery. However, Dr. Ky was able to quickly identify a serious issue with my retina, that had previously been undiagnosed by 2 physicians and required immediate attention. Dr. Ky is efficient and provides a personalized level of care to his patients that I believe are important when selecting a physician. He has always demonstrated the utmost professionalism.
in Franklin Square, NY |
Dr. Ky takes the time to make sure my prescription is as good as can be every time. I'm really picky about my vision (not happy if it's not 20/20 vision) and he hangs in there to get it as close as possible for me. He's on time and courteous and makes sure my needs are addressed.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Ky is a caring competent doctor. He keys in on your symptoms and is not satisfied until you are 100% better. Would highly recommend him.
I couldnt ask for a better doctor than Dr. Ky. He took his time to explain everything and helped alleviate my anxiety before surgery. He did a wonderful job (my vision is now perfect!) and called after just to check in. I'm definitely following him to his new practice. I was really appalled by how unprofessional his former office was in dealing with his decision to leave. It seems like they're trying to sabotage his new practice. They must be worried since he was the only doc there worth seeing!
in Rutherford, NJ |
Dr. Ky performed PRK surgery for me about 8 years ago and it was the best decision I ever made. He made feel at ease with the process and the procedure went smooth. I moved to Rutherford, NJ for any ophthalmology related work for myself and my family, I make sure to make my appointment with him even for a simple annual checkup. Dr. Ky is always through in his care and I recommend him to anyone who is looking for a family eye care.
in NYC |
Dr. Ky has a pleasant, kind and professional manner. His examination was thorough and his answers to my questions were patient and concise. Despite having many patients that day, he provided ample time for my exam, my questions and the issue I had with my eye. His office provided a comfortable, clean setting and any wait time was minimal. It is important to have a doctor who listens, is patient, knowledgeable, thorough and trustworthy and I highly recommend Dr. Ky in all these areas.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Ky has been my family?s eye doctor for several years. He always provides excellent care. He takes time to answer my questions and is always very professional. I would highly recommend Dr. Ky.
Melville, NY |
Not a good experience. Dr Ky was in a rush and didn't give me much explanation on my situation. Was ready to leave within 5min and already wanted to schedule a surgery. Didn't feel I was having an adult discussion with a Doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Willy Ky, MD?
Are you Dr. Ky?