Dr. Willie Melvin, MD

Dr. Willie Melvin, MD

General Surgery  |

Dr. Willie Melvin, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Smyrna, TN. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

The Surgical Clinic, PLLC

• HealthPlus
  • HealthPlus Amerigroup
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Dr. Melvin

See how frequently Dr. Melvin performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Umbilical Hernia
Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
Abdominal Disorders

Dr. Melvin's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Melvin "The Physicians and staff of The Surgical Clinic, PLLC, have been and continue to be committed to the highest ethical standards in the conduct of our healthcare and business operations.

We demand of ourselves full compliance with all federal, state and local laws. We are committed to preventing, detecting, and disciplining any unethical behavior.

We thrive and prosper on our quality medical treatment and outstanding reputation for professional conduct. We create systems and controls to keep ourselves informed and perform according to these standards.

The Physicians and staff of The Surgical Clinic partner together in protecting the rights of all those we care for."

• General Surgery

• Intestinal Obstruction
  • Lipomas
  • Meckel's Diverticulum
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pleural Effusion

• Colectomy
  • Colectomy and Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colon Surgery
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Esophagectomy (Esophagogastrostomy, Esophagojejunostomy)
  • Esophagomyotomy
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Jejunostomy Tube Placement
  • Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection of the Rectum With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Diaphragmatic or Paraesophageal Hernia Repair With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Gastrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pancreatic Surgery
  • Paracentesis
  • Paraesophageal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Small Bowel Surgery
  • Splenectomy
  • Stomach Surgery
  • Surgery, Robotic Assisted
  • Thoracentesis
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Texas Southern University
  • St Joseph Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Vanderbilt University Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Melvin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Melvin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Melvin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Melvin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Melvin to family and friends
Dr. Melvin's Performance
Dr. Melvin is truly a pleasure! He is warm and friendly and did a successful surgery for me with very minimal pain! Would recommend him to everyone!
in Mcminnville TN |
The best doctor I have been seen by, keeps you well aware of the progress and listen to how I'm doing and his staff are all very helpful with me and the insurance companys they deal with on my behalf ,
Murfreesboro, TN |
Excellent bedside manners!!! Fixed my hernia that I've had for years. Surgery went very well and friendly staff. I highly recommend Dr. Melvin.
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Dr. Melvin was very kind and had great bedside manner. He completed my emergency surgery leaving only the smallest incisions. I felt completely comfortable in his care and am recovering quite nicely, even faster than I expected. I would not only recommend him, but I will go back to him if I ever have another surgery. He also took the time to update my family members on my condition. My sister even said she would drive a great distance to have him as a surgeon.
in Smyrna, TN |
Dr. Melvin is a very concerned and compassionate physician who cares about your health. He is very thorough in explaining your condition and what needs to be done to correct the problem. I feel safe under his care.
in Lavergne, TN |
Best doctor I've ever had!!! Really listens to all concerns & explains things thoroughly.
in Christiana, TN |
A great doctor and experience. I would recommend Dr Melvin to anyone!
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Dr. Melvin is OUTSTANDING. I would highly recommend him to anyone and everyone. He literally changed my life, and he truly, genuinely cares about you before and after surgery. He puts you at ease and explains things thoroughly so that you understand what is going on every step of the way. His nurse is wonderful as well, and is easy to reach when you have a question, which can be hard to find.
Christiana, TN |
Dr. Melvin is great! He's extremely friendly, professional, and helpful. He does great work and genuinely cares about his patients. I would highly recommend Dr. Melvin!
in Christiana, TN |
I have had many health/medical issues and experiences in my life. I have never known a doctor that listens and responds to real facts the way Dr Melvin listens and responds. Dr Melvin has performed 3 abdominal surgeries on me ; all with perfect expertise! I hold Dr Melvin in thee highest regard to everyone I talk to about my health condition! I recommend Dr Melvin to everyone , all the time !
in Smyrna, TN |
Prior to having the pleasure of meeting Dr. Melvin and having him perform my surgery had no faith and a total disdain for the medical field as a whole. I had been treated like a number in line and passed on and over with total disregard, that was until I met Dr. Melvin and his staff. Not only did he explain throughly what was going on with me, he also showed and gave me genuine care like I've never received from a Doctor before. He treated me like a friend not a patient......even more like a son
in Murfreesboro |
I was blessed that God put me in Dr. Melvin's care. I instantly trusted and felt safe with him. Honestly, I was pretty scared. God takes you where you neeed to be. The surgery was a big success. His follow up care and his ability to explain what was going was outstanding. I followed his instructions and made it just fine. It was an unusual medical situation, and I am happy to report I am doing great. I will always remember and appreciate his compassion and his help. he sets the bar high.
in Mount Juliet, TN |
Dr. Melvin is a hero in my opinion! Prior to my experience with Dr. Melvin, I was so ill vomiting and nausea for hours to days at a time. I was in and out of the ER and multiple hospital stays for many months. Once I met with Dr. Melvin he immediately knew I had Gastroparesis and he saved me from the most horrific experiences of my life. Trust him, he is not only an amazing expert in his field but he is an amazing, thoughtful and caring person.
in Smyrna, TN |
I have never had a massive surgical procedure with a Doctor that cared so much he called me to see how I was doing and went out of his way to make me feel cared about and made sure that any and all questions I had about any time frame of my procedure were answered as detailed as possible. That in itself meant the world knowing I knew what to expect and that I could come to him and his staff for the answers I need or if I had issues afterwards. Would recommend to everyone and have already.
in Smyrna, TN |
Dr. Melvin just treated me for a blockage at Stonecrest Medical Center. He is very knowledgeable in his field. He was working to the point to where surgery would not be necessary. He came thru with flying results. He listens very closely to his patients. He is very clear in explaining each and everything that is taking place and the results. He has great bedside manners.
in La Vergne, TN |
The first office visit till the day of my husbands surgery Dr. Melvin was professional and kind. Speaking to him was like speaking to an old friend, he made everything so comfortable and his sense of humor was welcoming. He was very patient and took his time after surgery to answer all my questions he even made sure that my husbands prescriptions were filled and delivered to the recovery room before we left. Dr. Melvin took great care of my husband and he is healing wonderfully. He is the BEST!
in Dyersburg, TN |
Dr. Melvin has taken WONDERFUL care of me and my sister. I have never met a more compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. Bring a large patient sometimes brings difficulties finding a doctor who is willing to care for you and treat you issues without bringing you size into it. Dr Melvin never did that. I would recommend anyone to see Dr Melvin! He is amazing!
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Dr. Melvin is one of the most compassionate, respectful, and knowledgeable surgeon I have ever met. He listened to me and fixed my stomach problem, which I have suffered from for a long time. Thank you Dr. Melvin! Also, I would like to thank his office staff; especially his medical assistant Gale. Again, Thank you for changing my life.
Clarksville, TN |
tried to do an appointment , was given wrong information, was hung up on by the recptionist 2 times, not very professional, she would not forward my call to an office staff, to try to get help. i hope the doctor services is better than the treatment i recieved from the surgical clinic office staff.
in Adamsville, TN |
I started seeing Dr. Melvin over 10 years ago after being referred to him by a doctor from Cententennial and have been with him ever since. He is the most wonderful doctor in this area. We travel 3 hours from West Tennessee to see him. He has done 2 major surgeries on me and many minor surgeries. He is the best surgeon I have ever met and so kind and considerate to his patients and the families. Margaret Case, Adamsville, TN/West TN He is the best of the best!!!!
Murfreesboro, TN |
Dr. Melvin was able to fix my husband when no one else would see him. He took his time to explain things on the phone since I couldn't be at the appointment and made sure we understood as much about the operation as possible. I would recommend him to anyone who is in need of an outstanding surgeon!
in Murfreesboro, TN |
After several bad experiences, I finally found the Surgical Clinic and Dr. Melvin. He and his staff are awesome. The procedure he performed was a major lower abdominal repair. Dr. M educated me on what to expect and post-procedure has been excellent at helping with pain management and recovery. If you need any general surgery I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Melvin and his staff.
in La Vergne, TN |
This is the BEST Dr! Very concerning, caring and knowledgeable. Staff great. Just Amazing. Jane Whitson patient.
in Smyrna, TN |
Very nice, down to earth, and caring doctor. Took a lot of time talking with my wife and myself. He wasn't just in and out like most of the doctors I've had.
in LaVergne, TN |
It?s hard to explain how I feel after the ordeal of the ER 3 trips to the ER before I was admitted to the hospital hours of waiting .. But the wisdom of DR Melvin was outstanding. I feel like he saved my life because every other doctor in the ER had misdiagnose my issues. Thank you Dr Melvin you awesome
in Smyrna, TN |
Dr. Melvin performed double hernia repair surgery on me. His initial exam was very thorough and his office staff was very helpful and friendly. Before and after the surgery he was very friendly to my family and made sure to comfort them as soon as my surgery was complete. I would highly recommend Dr. Melvin and his staff.
in la vergne |
A week ago I ended up in the ER for an emergency appendectomy, Dr. Melvin was the most reassuring Dr. that I had for any operation. He is incredibly informative & caring for his patients. He had a way of making me feel like I was the most important person in the world. A week later and even at my follow up visit I experienced the same treatment. He is the most amazing Dr.that I could possibly ask for during my time of crisis. Amazing surgical skills, thank you so much Dr. Melvin.
in Cedar hill, Tn. |
Nicest and Best surgeon I have ever had. Like talking to your father. Very up front.
Have you seen Dr. Willie Melvin, MD?
Are you Dr. Melvin?