Dr. Willie Melvin, MD

Dr. Willie Melvin, MD

General Surgery  |
29 reviews

Dr. Willie Melvin, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Smyrna, TN. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Melvin is affiliated with Tristar Stonecrest Medical Center....See Less

The Surgical Clinic, PLLC

• HealthPlus
  • HealthPlus Amerigroup
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Dr. Melvin

The Physicians and staff of The Surgical Clinic, PLLC, have been and continue to be committed to the highest ethical standards in the conduct of our healthcare and business operations.

We demand of ourselves full compliance with all federal, state and local laws. We are committed to preventing, detecting, and disciplining any unethical behavior.

We thrive and prosper on our quality medical treatment and outstanding reputation for professional conduct. We create systems and controls to keep ourselves informed and perform according to these standards.

The Physicians and staff of The Surgical Clinic partner together in protecting the rights of all those we care for.

Dr. Melvin's Experience

Dr. Melvin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• Breast Cancer
  • Breast Lump
  • Carcinoma in Situ
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Liver Cancer
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pleural Effusion

• Colon Surgery
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Diaphragmatic-Paraesophageal Hiatal Hernia Repair With Robotic Assistance
  • Embolectomy, Thrombectomy, or Vessel Exploration
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Esophagectomy (Esophagogastrostomy, Esophagojejunostomy)
  • Esophagomyotomy
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Jejunostomy Tube Placement
  • Laparoscopic Diaphragmatic or Paraesophageal Hernia Repair With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Gastrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Open Diaphragmatic and-or Paraesophageal Hiatal Hernia Repair
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Pancreatic Surgery
  • Paraesophageal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Vagotomy
  • Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS) or Thoracotomy
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Texas Southern University
  • St Joseph Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Vanderbilt University Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Melvin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Melvin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Melvin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Melvin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Melvin to family and friends
Dr. Melvin's Performance
in La Vergne, TN |
The first office visit till the day of my husbands surgery Dr. Melvin was professional and kind. Speaking to him was like speaking to an old friend, he made everything so comfortable and his sense of humor was welcoming. He was very patient and took his time after surgery to answer all my questions he even made sure that my husbands prescriptions were filled and delivered to the recovery room before we left. Dr. Melvin took great care of my husband and he is healing wonderfully. He is the BEST!
in Dyersburg, TN |
Dr. Melvin has taken WONDERFUL care of me and my sister. I have never met a more compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. Bring a large patient sometimes brings difficulties finding a doctor who is willing to care for you and treat you issues without bringing you size into it. Dr Melvin never did that. I would recommend anyone to see Dr Melvin! He is amazing!
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Dr. Melvin is one of the most compassionate, respectful, and knowledgeable surgeon I have ever met. He listened to me and fixed my stomach problem, which I have suffered from for a long time. Thank you Dr. Melvin! Also, I would like to thank his office staff; especially his medical assistant Gale. Again, Thank you for changing my life.
Clarksville, TN |
tried to do an appointment , was given wrong information, was hung up on by the recptionist 2 times, not very professional, she would not forward my call to an office staff, to try to get help. i hope the doctor services is better than the treatment i recieved from the surgical clinic office staff.
in Adamsville, TN |
I started seeing Dr. Melvin over 10 years ago after being referred to him by a doctor from Cententennial and have been with him ever since. He is the most wonderful doctor in this area. We travel 3 hours from West Tennessee to see him. He has done 2 major surgeries on me and many minor surgeries. He is the best surgeon I have ever met and so kind and considerate to his patients and the families. Margaret Case, Adamsville, TN/West TN He is the best of the best!!!!
Murfreesboro, TN |
Dr. Melvin was able to fix my husband when no one else would see him. He took his time to explain things on the phone since I couldn't be at the appointment and made sure we understood as much about the operation as possible. I would recommend him to anyone who is in need of an outstanding surgeon!
in Murfreesboro, TN |
After several bad experiences, I finally found the Surgical Clinic and Dr. Melvin. He and his staff are awesome. The procedure he performed was a major lower abdominal repair. Dr. M educated me on what to expect and post-procedure has been excellent at helping with pain management and recovery. If you need any general surgery I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Melvin and his staff.
in Mount Juliet, TN |
From my first consultation with Dr. Melvin I was overjoyed by his listening, concerned and caring demeanor. Once I explained all the ER/Hospital visits, he told me that HE was going to help me! He set up surgery to install a gastric pacemaker, and it has truly changed my life. I am no longer a regular in the ER or hospitals. I was so blessed to have had to opportunity to have met him. He will treat you with the respect and dignity that you deserve! Thank you Dr. Melvin, you are a Godsend.
in La Vergne, TN |
This is the BEST Dr! Very concerning, caring and knowledgeable. Staff great. Just Amazing. Jane Whitson patient.
in Smyrna, TN |
Very nice, down to earth, and caring doctor. Took a lot of time talking with my wife and myself. He wasn't just in and out like most of the doctors I've had.
in LaVergne, TN |
It?s hard to explain how I feel after the ordeal of the ER 3 trips to the ER before I was admitted to the hospital hours of waiting .. But the wisdom of DR Melvin was outstanding. I feel like he saved my life because every other doctor in the ER had misdiagnose my issues. Thank you Dr Melvin you awesome
in Smyrna, TN |
Dr. Melvin performed double hernia repair surgery on me. His initial exam was very thorough and his office staff was very helpful and friendly. Before and after the surgery he was very friendly to my family and made sure to comfort them as soon as my surgery was complete. I would highly recommend Dr. Melvin and his staff.
in la vergne |
A week ago I ended up in the ER for an emergency appendectomy, Dr. Melvin was the most reassuring Dr. that I had for any operation. He is incredibly informative & caring for his patients. He had a way of making me feel like I was the most important person in the world. A week later and even at my follow up visit I experienced the same treatment. He is the most amazing Dr.that I could possibly ask for during my time of crisis. Amazing surgical skills, thank you so much Dr. Melvin.
in Cedar hill, Tn. |
Nicest and Best surgeon I have ever had. Like talking to your father. Very up front.
Have you seen Dr. Willie Melvin, MD?
Are you Dr. Melvin?