Dr. William Winter, MD

31 Reviews
Dr. Winter

Charlottesville Neurology and Sleep Medicine, PC

1410 Rolkin Ct Ste 101 Charlottesville, VA 22911

Dr. William Winter, MD is a sleep medicine specialist in Charlottesville, VA and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from Emory University in 1999 and specializes in sleep medicine and sleep medicine (psychiatry & neurology).

• Hospital satisfaction Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals
  • Practices at top hospital Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Winter accepts

Dr. Winter accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Coventry Health Care of Virginia HMO
Gateway Health Plan
Golden Rule
HealthSmart
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
Optima Health
Tricare
TriCare for Life
Wells Fargo Insurance

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Winter treats your condition or procedure

67.74193548387096%

Dr. Winter?
Dr. Winter's Performance
What People Say About Dr. William Winter, MD
Absolutely wonderful. Very attentive and cares about the patient. I wasn't sure what was happening to me but he explained all my symptoms and found the reasons and found a fix. I would definitely recommend him and his staff. Just fantastic.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Winter, MD?
Amazing. Nicest doctor ever. Funny caring...did not care that he was late. Highest recommendation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Winter, MD?
Dr. Winter asked me about my history, and then cut me off less than a minute into an explanation of my past and said "I perceived I wasn't sleeping". I asked are you saying "I made up my insomnia." To which he would only shrug his shoulders. He at this point began the recursive point that I should look up paradoxical insomnia to know what he is talking about. I then attempted to explain all the things I would do months on end at night when I wasn't sleeping to which he kept saying "You perceived doing those things, they didn't happen, you were sleeping." At this point I almost walked out of his office after telling him I felt like he cut me off and was verbally attacking me after he asked me to tell him what was going on with my sleep. He said he didn't care and that he only had to be in the room for 30 minutes.
These events did not happen. I am sorry you are...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Winter, MD?
A worthless drama actor/egomaniacal bookworm. In respone to my indicating I wasnt sleeping he merely talked about, (or should I say rudely boasted) how the brain protects itself with something I was already aware of: microsleep. THAT WAS ALL HE DID!! The John Hopkins Dr. I saw a week later discovered, with a Sleep Study and MSLT, heart-attack worthy Sleep Apnea and Excessive Daytime Sleepiness! Dr. Winter is good for nothing except prancing around a stage with his cherised hand clicker: period.
Sorry you were not pleased with my care. In an...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Winter, MD?
Dr. Winters has truly changed my life. I have seen many neurologists and sleep specialists over the years, and he his treatment and help with my narcolepsy has truly given me a whole new life. I have engery now that is my own, I wake up well rested, and have the energy to spend time with the people I love. He is incredibly knowledgeable and takes time to listen to my concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Winter, MD?
I've been patient for 10 years Dr. Winter knows his stuff !!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Winter, MD?
This review is probably a little different than what is typically left on this platform. I am not a patient of Dr. Winter's, but I am the spouse of one who attended several meetings with my wife. My wife has significant psychological and emotional issues stemming from PTSD, and multiple sleep issues as a result. We have seen many medical and psychological specialists over the years. Dr. Winter was the perfect blend of compassion and bluntness that we needed. Godsend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Winter, MD?
Like anything else, the people on here who rated Dr. Winter low probably have a lot going on in their lives and their rating is reflective of something else entirely. Dr. Winter has done more to help my sleep than I can put into this review. He is outstanding. I found out later that he wrote a book on sleep. It is excellent too! Tammy, his front office helper is great. Not that it matters, but his office is gorgeous.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Winter, MD?
I've never left a review for a doctor, but felt compelled to due the negative reviews I just read here. I saw Dr. Winter in April 2018, and it was 100% a positive experience. For some reason, without ever seeing these reviews, I went in wondering if he might come across as unapproachable, but I I left his office very pleased that I had chosen him. He was unhurried, knowledgeable, and responsive to my concerns. I'm 59 and have seen many doctors and specialists over the years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Winter, MD?
Its funny that people on here write about Dr. Winter not taking time with him. He spent over an hour with my son which might equal the amount of time ALL DOCTORS have spent with him total. He looks us in the face (instead of burying his head into a computer like other doctors). He was friendly, funny and had very good ideas. At one point he made a joke about his ears being big--ARROGANT? His office manager Tammy got me in early and was so friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Winter, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Winter?

• Sleep Medicine
  • Sleep Medicine (Psychiatry & Neurology)

2004
University Of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2003
2000
1999
Emory University
1995
University Of Virginia

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Winter treats patients.

80% Patient experience rating, 11% higher than the national average

• Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)