Dr. William A. Vitello, MD

Dr. William A. Vitello, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male | 47 years old

My treatment philosophy is to understand the unique needs of every patient as well as their concerns. I then educate patients on their diagnosis as well as with their surgical and non-surgical options that will provide them with the optimum care they deserve.Read more

Dr. Vitello's Experience

See how Dr. Vitello's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Vitello

Dr. Vitello accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Vitello has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Vitello
Dr. Vitello's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (33)
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Vitello is clearly an expert and was highly recommended by my Primary Care Provider and I can see why. He explained my injury and options in very clear terms and I believe made the right recommendation. Given how busy his practice is they are amazingly efficient and punctual.
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Vitello did some recent hand surgery on me and he fixed my problem. He is kind and very good at what he does. He is very precise and accurate. He and his assistant Cynthia make a great team! Cynthia brings warmth and smiles. She makes you feel welcome.
in Bolingbrook, IL |
Dr. Vitello is an excellent Doctor, he was very helpful during and after my wrist surgery. He makes a patient feel comfortable and explains any procedures thoroughly.
Chicago, IL |
Very dismissive attitude. I went in for a cyst on my wrist which has made daily functions and use of my left hand impossible for 8 days. He might be a skilled surgeon but seemed completely uninterested in me or my pain. He saw nothing apparent in my X-Rays and presumably decided I was a low priority--all my questions were met with terse and laconic answers and downright sarcasm. Dr. Vitello: surgery is only one part of healthcare - warmth, kindness, and a good bedside manner are also important.
in Evanston, IL |
Dr. Vitello is not the most talkative but is very good at what he does. I was referred to him by my OT Char at Presence for two (2) TFCC Tears in my wrists. Dr. Vitello was able to complete both surgeries on each wrist about 3 months apart. I am very happy with the result with not having pain anymore. I hope I don't see Dr. Vitello again but if I injure my wrist I WILL and I will recommend him to anyone who wants a successful surgery and end result.
Chicago, IL |
Was referred to Dr. Vitello for carpal tunnel. After discussing condition and options at first appt we scheduled surgery. Out-patient surgery went smoothly - no complications and only took Tylenol for pain. Two follow up visits and physical therapy - back to normal in about three weeks. Dr. Vitello handles office meetings efficiently - keeps it moving but took the time to answer any questions I had, I just had to be sure to ask. Impressed by his care and the quality of his team.
in Chicago, IL |
Phenomenal surgeon. My healing process was smooth, quick, and comfortable. The surgery went so well one can't even tell that I had surgery, to the point where my PT even confused my two hands today! Highly recommend!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Vitello is truly an expert in his craft. He recognized my injury and came up with a plan of attack immediately. It was a pretty bad break, so he was very honest in the several ways he might have to go. I'm reading a lot of people talking about him not being friendly or rushed. Yes, he is a very busy person, but I'd rather him do brilliant work on my hand than shoot the breeze with me about the weather. I would recommend him to anyone with a hand injury. I trust his decisions very much.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Vitello was incredibly diligent throughout my injury. From the onset of my scaphoid fracture he took every precaution to make sure that the treatment was right for me. He makes you feel like he leaves no stone unturned to make sure every decision he makes is the right and conservative one, without leaving the patient out of the loop. Dr. Vitello's staff was the best - super friendly and helpful in dealing with a stressful/frustrating injury. I highly recommend Dr. Vitell!
Chicago, IL |
His staff was very friendly and nice to me each time I had to go there. Dr Vitello was not always the same. My first visit with him was not pleasant at all and he didn't seem to care much about me and my injury. With all the visits I had with his office, he was in and out of my room so fast I couldn't even think of what questions I wanted to ask. His response to everything I was able to ask felt like I was wasting his time and his answer was a dismissive "you broke it." The facility looked nice.
in Oak Park, IL |
Dr Vitello doesn't listen and shows complete disrespect for the patient's experience. If he had listened 2 weeks ago, I would not have had to spend a few hours in the emergency room tonight to resolve a situation that he could have easily dealt with when I first saw him. Instead he blew me off and took a wait and see attitude. I do not recommend him, and as for myself, have transferred my care to another physician.
Unfriendly & unwelcoming. Did not have my best interests in mind.
Have you seen Dr. William A. Vitello, MD?
Are you Dr. Vitello?

Dr. Vitello's Care Philosophy

Dr. Vitello's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Vitello has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Vitello's Board Certifications

• Hand Surgery

• Carpal Fractures
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Forearm Injuries
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst

Indiana Hand Center

Completed in 2004

University Of Toledo

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Vitello does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vitello and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Ligament Reconstruction
  • Wrist Replacement

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

Narrow your results

These featured providers are brought to you by and are on medical staff at: