Dr. William D. Tobler, MD

Dr. William D. Tobler, MD

Neurosurgery | Male | 64 years old

To diagnose and treat patients neurological condition with compassion, skill and excellent serviceRead more

Dr. Tobler's Experience

See how Dr. Tobler's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Tobler

Dr. Tobler accepts 20 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Tobler has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Tobler
Dr. Tobler's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (52)
in Batavia, OH |
I would not let him do surgery on my dog. Had a microdiskectomy on L2-L3 and came out of surgery with nerve damage to L5 nerve leaving me with no control of muscles on outside of right leg and no control of right foot. He denied anything going wrong during surgery but when his assistant visited me in the hospital next morning, the first thing he ask was for me to move my right foot which had nothing to do with my surgery. If everything went normal during surgery he would not check this.
in Owensboro |
I've had to take my wife who suffered severe pain from spinal stenosis as well as sciatica pain for the past several years. One doctor after another would only prescribe fusion back surgery until, with the help of Cincinnati based family learned of Dr. William Tobler. We took their advise and made the commitment to have Dr. Tobler evaluate my wife and his approach to helping her pain. The outpatient surgery was done on Nov. 4th, and she is doing outstanding. Dr. Tobler is # 1 in our book.
in Carlisle, Pa |
I am a mid 60’s male who was forced to stop work due to severe back pain. I discovered that there is a procedure known as Axial Lumbar Interbody Fusion (AxiaLIF®). NO muscles get cut which prolongs recovery. The closest Doctor I could find is located in Cincinnati, Ohio. He is Doctor William D. Tobler and he has performed over 2,000 of these procedures. Dr. Tobler, his aDr. Tobler, his assistant Dr. Bryan Kruger came to check on me every morning at 6 AM and again at 8 PM without fail
in Cincinnati, OH |
Words can’t fully express how thankful I am to Dr.Tobler and the staff at the Mayfield Center and Christ Hospital. Because he was willing to go beyond the call of duty, taking my very unusual, difficult, complicated and risky case, I am now able to live life to the fullest. His exceptional knowledge and experience are second to none. He assured me that he would give my case the utmost attention and 150% effort and he delivered. I am now pain free and very thankful he was able to help me!
in Cincinnati, OH |
I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis and first went the epidural route, with a pain management physician, which was not successful. Dr. Tobler operated on my back and I walked out of the surgery that day. I was able to walk with no pain within days. Dr. Tobler did a fantastic job (miraculous). Dr. Tobler has great office and bed-side manners and clearly deserves his reputation as one of the finest spine surgeons in the greater Cincinnati community.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Tobler Is carrying personable and really knows what he is doing I fell off a roof and broke my back and he put me back together 2 rods eight screws it was on emergency call I happen to get him and I am so glad I highly recommend him my scars on my back are healing So nicely Thanks Dr. Taylo thanks Dr. Tonler you are the best !!!
in Cincinnati, OH |
There are a few occasions in my life when a doctor has made a huge impact on my health and well-being. Such is the case with Dr. William Tobler. In May, I underwent cervical spine surgery at Mayfield?s Spine Surgery Center. The care was amazing from start to finish. Dr. Tobler is an incredible surgeon ? conscientious and thoughtful - and I am so grateful that he accepted my case. For the first time in over two years, I have hope that I will make a full recovery and live without pain!
in Cincinnati Ohio |
I had such horrible back pain from herniated discs and central spinal stenosis that I was living on pain Meds !! I had my surgery with Dr Tobler on Jan 8th. After the initial post op pain I had to take pain Meds but now I am completely pain free. Dr tobler had had such a positive impact on me and my daily life..,,,, now medication free and pain free!! He is the greatest and so nice and caring too!! Thank you. Donna Brady
Morrow, OH |
Dr. Tobler was so professional, skilled and kind! He has an amazing bedside manner. His confidence in his recommendations made me feel very comfortable, especially since he provided specific reasoning for the recommendations. I can tell he truly cares for my well being. The facility was terrific. The entire staff were extremely kind and considerate. His assistant is very responsive, timely and helpful. The day of my surgery his surgical team made me feel at ease at a very uneasy time. The BEST!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Tobler's experience/knowledge about a less invasive procedure to take away my pain and give back my quality of life left me confident Dr. Tobler would take care of me. My recovery time was shorter than I expected and I feel great. I wish I would have gone to see Dr. Tobler sooner.
in Hamilton, OH |
Dr. Tobler is very knowledgeable and compassionate. He was the only Dr. that could exactly define the problem with the pain I was experiencing. I trusted his judgement and I am thrilled with the successful surgery outcome. I would recommend and urge anyone with back pain to seek a consultation with Dr. Tobler. Simply put he gave me my life back. My Family thanks you.
Have you seen Dr. William D. Tobler, MD?
Are you Dr. Tobler?

Compare Dr. Tobler

Dr. Tobler's Care Philosophy

Dr. Tobler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Tobler has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Tobler's Board Certifications

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

University Of Cincinnati/Mayfield Clinic

Completed in 1985

University of Notre Dame

Graduated in 1974

Dr. Tobler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tobler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Surgery
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.