Dr. William Tobler, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 67

Dr. Tobler

Mayfield Brain & Spine

3825 Edwards Rd Ste 300 Cincinnati, OH 45209

Dr. William Tobler, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Cincinnati, OH and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine in 1978 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Dr. Tobler accepts

Dr. Tobler accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Centene
Commercial Insurance Company
Golden Rule
HealthPartners
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Managed Care (Non-HMO)
WellCare PPO
WellPoint
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check Dr. Tobler's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Tobler's Top Procedures and Conditions

Low Back Pain

Dr. Tobler treats Low Back Pain more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Tobler treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)

Dr. Tobler treats Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak) more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Tobler treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Hematoma
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

To diagnose and treat patients neurological condition with compassion, skill and excellent service

• Neurosurgery

4.4

Dr. Tobler?
Dr. Tobler's Performance
What People Say About Dr. William Tobler, MD
My experience with Dr. William Tobler from the very beginning has been wonderful. He’s a very compassionate and caring doctor. During my first visit to his office in Cincinnati, OH, he immediately diagnosed the condition of my back and nerve pain and realized how serious the condition was. Rather than wait three months for surgery, he rearranged his schedule to perform surgery within 9 days. His staff was very helpful in finding a doctor to do a complete physical in preparation for the surgery as I live in Nashville, TN. The timing was crucial for my medical condition. If I would have continued without surgery, I would have been in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. My disks were shot and unstable. He fused L4, L5, and S1 and completely rebuilt my spine. The surgery was very successful, no complications, and now I can walk straight. I am extremely grateful for all that Dr. Tobler has done. -Norma Sparks
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tobler, MD?
Excellent surgeon, Dr. William Tobler. He is the best. Sincerely, Denise Tolbert
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tobler, MD?
6 years ago today DR. Tobler fused L4-L5 and L5-S1 and I feel great. I’m still able to do two of my favorite things, backpack and downhill ski. This year I’ve skied Jackson Hole and Copper MTN. Thank you DR Tobler for allowing me to keep my outdoor adventures
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tobler, MD?
Dr. Tobler and the entire staff at Mayfield clinic are wonderful to work with. They explained my surgery in detail, and made my recovery from pain possible! I needed three discs replaced in my neck, with bone grafted from my hip. While I am still recovering, the pain and numbness that were a constant part of my life is almost completely gone! I am actually looking forward to physical therapy, and the pain free and ACTIVE life I will lead! Janet Rahe
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tobler, MD?
I had cervical spine surgery in 2015 and lumbar spinal surgery in November 2017 performed by Dr. Tobler at the Mayfield Spine Surgery Center. Dr. Tobler was highly recommended by my primary care physician and, I found, with good reason. I found Dr. Tobler to highly professional and empathetic which made it a comfortable experience. His demeanor gave me great confidence in the quality of medical care I was receiving. In both surgeries I had a excellent outcome. His staff was excellent too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tobler, MD?
Dr. Tobler has one of the best patient/Dr. manners I have ever experienced. I am 69, so I have had a few opportunities to see this inter-action. Kind, always trying to make me feel good about my visit. Working to make it easy for me to understand what is going to take place and why. His manner builds confidence in our relationship.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tobler, MD?
I had sacroiliac joint fusion with Dr Tobler, yesterday. Not only is he competent, professional and kind, but he is also very compassionate. He truly made me feel like he was treating a family member. I have nothing but positive comments for his bedside manner, professionalism and skill.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tobler, MD?
I was injured in Pakistan while working for the Department of Defense. I went through several doctors in seven years before going to Dr. Tobler. I was suffering from extreme back and leg pain. I had a previous back surgery which only made things worse. Dr. Tobler and Dr. Berger both saw me at the Mayfield Clinic in Cincinnati. They were wonderful and took great interest in my case. Dr. Tobler performed a multi level lumbar fusion and the results have been wonderful. Thanks Doc,for saving my life
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tobler, MD?
Dr Tobler was awesome. I had neck and hand issues and he operated on them at the same time and corrected them. I have no pain and no numbness. Dr Tobler is easy to talk to. When I wasn't sure how the explain something , we talked it out until he understand what I was trying to say. Answered all my questions and was very patient , spent all the time I needed; didn't rush me thru my appts. Great Doctor, personable and caring!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tobler, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Tobler - he gave me my life back. I was in excruciating pain, 81 years old, and had always felt young for my age, until some new pain appeared in my lower back. I'm not familiar with all of the medical terminology, but I had a 3-1/2 hour surgery, fusing L2/3, L3/4 and L4/5, and I am now pain free! It truly seemed like a miracle! That was four months ago and I'm told I'm doing quite well in terms of recovery. Dr. Tobler has been a huge blessing in my life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tobler, MD?
I had anterior cervical spine disc fusion surgery in 2009. Dr Tobler explained in length what the surgery entailed, what the risks were, and what to expect post op. I trust Dr Tobler implicitly. Should I need surgery again, I would keep Dr Tobler in mind once again to take care of my surgical needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tobler, MD?
Dr Tobler @ Mayfield Clinic was hands down what I considered to be the best neurosurgeon for me when needing treatment of a c6-7 herniated disc. I saw many other physicians, and none gave me the confidence nor surgical options that he was able to provide (artificial disc replacement), resulting to what I believe was the best prognosis. Traveling almost 5 hours to receive care from him and his staff was absolutely worth it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tobler, MD?
i recently had 7 vertabrae fusion surgery and dr tobler of the mayfield clinic was outstanding in all respects. i would and have already been giving him the highest recommendations to my friends and family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tobler, MD?
Dr. Tobler did nothing short of a miracle and treating my condition. Dr. Tobler's colleagues all recommended that this may be a risky surgery, which it was. After many hours of searching in his mind he decided to go ahead and do this surgery. In June 2000 16, I was leaning forward like a 90 year old man with osteoporosis. At this point I am in recovery and I am able to stand upright with or without my brace, I have zero pain. Although your results may be different Dr. Tobler is the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tobler, MD?
Drr Tobler and his staff were very efficient, compassionate and caring.. I had severe sciatica pain,, numbness and tingling in lower extremities. After consulting 2 other surgeons, I felt that Dr. Tobler was very competent in every way.. My lumber surgery with 3 fusions was a success with all symptoms resolved. I would use him again, no question.. I
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tobler, MD?
Dr. Tobler is friendly until something goes wrong. He discusses treatment plans but fails to document the plan for his colleagues to refer back to when you call. After surgery, follow-up care is minimal at best. He refers his patients to a wound clinics rather than check post-op incisions. He's extremely busy which has caused him to miss critical imaging and lab work before surgery. If you use him, have a rehab plan, pain treatment plan and backup physician in case of complications.
Unfortunately this patient is unhappy. She has a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tobler, MD?
I have lived with pain and numbness in my right leg for ten+ years. I have had multiple epidurals and have used physical therapy to avoid surgery as long as possible. As my condition worsened I was left no choice but to have surgery. After asking around I settled on the decision to see Dr. Tobler with hopes that he would be able to help me. He recommended the Axialif procedure. I was very glad that I chose Dr. Tobler and also opted for the Axialif. I am now pain-free.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tobler, MD?
I would like to thank William Tobler, MD and his entire staff for my outstanding treatment that I received during a very difficult time with my back. The professionalism and compassion demonstrated by Dr. Tobler and his staff was truly amazing. My lower back surgery was performed in February. Follow-up visits commenced after surgery along with physical therapy. By June, I was back on the golf course. I enjoy being pain free. I would recommend Dr. Tobler 110 percent!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tobler, MD?
I'm writing my story to tell you that Dr. Tobler is truly the best. November of 1996, I was involved in car accident and I needed spinal surgery. Dr. Tobler did that surgery (fusion of S1 to L4), I can tell you with the utmost confidence that you can trust this surgeon. The surgery was a success. Now 20 years later, December 5 2016, I needed another surgery, instablility of L2-L3. Again, the surgery was a success. I am very grateful to Dr. Tobler and you won't be disappointed with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tobler, MD?
Dr. Tobler and his staff consistently exceeded my expectations with my care. He performed an ACDF on C3-C7, with bone graft in July 2016. In Feb. 2017 he performed Bilateral Carpal Tunnel Decompression. The pain that I suffered with both conditions virtually disappeared after each surgery. The follow-up care by Dr. Tobler for both surgeries has been exemplary. He always spends more than enough time on all of my appointments to evaluate my status. Dr. Tobler is a very patient & caring Surgeon
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Tobler?

Mayfield Brain & Spine

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Tobler treats patients.

Christ Hospital