Dr. William Teachey, MD

Dr. William Teachey, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat | Male

Beach Ear Nose & Throat PC 1020 Independence Blvd Ste 313 Virginia Beach, VA 23455 Get Directions

Dr. William Teachey, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Virginia Beach, VA. He is 74 years old and has been practicing for 49 years. Dr. Teachey is affiliated with Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital.

Dr. Teachey's Experience

See how Dr. Teachey's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Teachey

Dr. Teachey accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Teachey has admitting privileges.

Dr. Teachey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Teachey to family and friends
Dr. Teachey's Performance
Virginia Beach, VA |
My 5 month trek between specialists ended with the excellent care of Dr. Teachey and his caring staff. I got an appointment within a few days of my call. I had shortness of breath, deep, sharp arm pain, intermittent sinus pressure, and a hoarse voice. I had seen my PCP, urgent care, rheumatologist, oncologist and pulmonologist. It turned out I had myofascial dysfunction, a common but under recognized condition. Dr. Teachey gave me injections which provided immediate relief.
Virginia Beach, VA |
I was frantically trying to find an ENT specialist and was told by many I couldn't be seen for months. I called Dr Teacheys office and spoke with Brenda, his nurse, who made sure I was seen within a day. She was compassionate and really made me smile when I came in. In my experience in seeing many doctors and specialist; he was the first to really listen and understand my pain. He was able to actually diagnosis my problem and not just treat the symptoms.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Dr. Teachey's practice is small and definitely caring. Dr. Teachey was able to diagnose the chronic ear, neck and throat pain/discomfort I was experiencing when other doctors could not. I have Myofascial Pain Syndrome. Not only has he provided treatment, but took the time to educate me on how I can best help myself! He and his staff are always reassuring and comforting. They practice medicine much differently than the large, multi doctor and multi office practices. It makes a difference.
in Knotts Island, NC |
I have been a patient of Dr. Teachey's for over 40 years. He has provided excellent care, and shows concern for the overall well-being of his patients. He located and operated on a cholesteatoma in 2007 which saved my life. He has referred me to other caregivers for conditions outside his expertise, and I have been very satisfied with the care and concern I have received. Dr. T and the staff are much like family, and treat us like friends. The wait time is usually under five minutes or less
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I have been an longer time patient since 1988. Dr. Teachey and staff have cared for my medical issues from sinus, shingles, tumor and myofascial. With any medical issues diagnosis was promptly treated, shingles were stopped by treatment before traveling to my face. Tumor was removed from under my right jaw line, with surgery around my ear with very little scarring.
in Norfolk, VA |
I have been thankful and pleased with Dr Teachey and his whole office staff. They are thorough, compassionate, and think "outside of the box". They have been a gift to this nomadic Navy wife.
in Portsmouth, VA |
I would recommend Dr. Teachey because he is a very caring and excellent doctor! I had been dealing with severe head and neck pain for 20 years now and thought that this was something I had to just deal with everyday. Dr. Teachey was able to exam me and properly identify what condition I actually (myofascial pain) have after being seen by neurologists, a neurosurgeon, and other doctors! I am now receiving the care that I need to move forward in life and my future is much brighter!
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Teachey. He has made a tremendous improvement in my quality of life. I suffer from myofascial pain and Dr. Teachey has given me relief that I didn't think was possible. My husband initially visited Dr. Teachey years ago for sinus issues and noticed the trigger point chart on his wall. He suggested that I visit Dr. Teachey as well. Dr. Teachey is not only a wonderful ENT doctor but is highly skilled in myofascial pain management.
in Chesapeake, VA |
When no one knows what to do, Dr. Teachey does. He is an expert in his field. If you are frustrated with Doctors not knowing what to do for constant symptoms of head and neck...he has the answer!
in Fredericksburg, VA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Teachey's for 8 years and now travel 3 hours one way to receive medical care from Dr. Teachey. The excellent care given by Dr. Teachey and the compassionate nature of the staff are just two of the reasons why I drive to Virginia Beach for my appointments.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Dr. Teachey is very detailed and thinks outside the box. He can diagnose things that other doctors miss. My husband had gone from doctor to doctor for two years until we found Dr. Teachey who knew exactly what the problem was and how to treat it. He gave us plenty of time at each visit to explain and answer questions. Highly recommended.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
For many years, my husband and I have had the utmost confidence in Dr. Teachey's medical expertise and wisdom in diagnosing and treating all of our ENT needs!
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Dr. Teachey is an outstanding ear, nose and throat doctor. Before I became Dr. Teachey?s patient, I had taken allergy shots for 20 years in an attempt to cure chronic sinus headaches that occurred every time the barometric pressure changed. I have been a patient of Dr. Teachey for the past eight years. I have not had one headache since I started my treatment with him. I would recommend Dr. Teachey and dry needling to anyone who is suffering from chronic myofascial pain. Maria Swift
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I feel like Dr. Teachey saved my life! I went in with vertigo and he knew exactly what was wrong. With in a few months of treatment I was back to new. Dr. Teachey and his staff care about their patients and educating them on their issue. They are helpful in giving you the tools and knowledge to help you stay healthy or deal with your problem long term. They are great! I wouldn't go anywhere else.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I have the pleasure of having Dr. Teachey as my doctor for over fifteen years for sinus infections, allergy shots, and nasal surgery. And now his treatments for the ringing in my ears has greatly improved my everyday life as always. I am blessed to have him as my doctor and I would most defiantly recommend him to everyone. His staff are just as wonderful and caring and it's always a pleasure going to my appointments.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I came to Dr Teachey by way of a friends recommendation. He correctly diagnosed my allergy problems combined with some reflux issues. His recommendations and treatment have significantly improved my quality of life. It's not always a magic pill, but a life strategy which eases the discomfort. Thank you Dr Teachey and your warm and friendly staff. I would highly recommend this Dr.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Came to Dr. Teachey at 28 yrs old, I was barely able to turn my head because my neck was so stiff, also had shooting pains in my throat, sore throat for six months, recently I've had icepick headaches. I went to two other general physicians prior who told me my symptoms were related to allergies and acid reflux, after no resolution, I found Dr. Teachey on my own, and I'm grateful I did. He immediately diagnosed me with Myofascial disorder. I received treatments in my neck and the pain is gone.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I came in with extreme itching that my other doctors could not help me with along with very bad daily headaches and constant cough. After just a few treatments and a change in diet my headaches are 99% gone without medication! My distracting itchy skin is 90% better. Added benefit I dropped a pant size in one month. It's a rare I cough. I'm truly amazed! Dr. Teachey is very knowledgeable and takes the time to educate you. He actually makes eye contact unlike most drs today.I love the staff!
Have you seen Dr. William Teachey, MD?
Are you Dr. Teachey?

Compare Dr. Teachey

Dr. Teachey's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  •  Board certified in Otolaryngology

Dr. Teachey has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Teachey's Board Certifications

• Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Larynx Conditions

Shands Hospital at the University of Florida

Completed in 1969

Shands Hospital at the University of Florida

Completed in 1973

Dr. Teachey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Teachey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat