Dr. William Teachey, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 78

Dr. William Teachey, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Virginia Beach, VA and has over 53 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of North Carolina School of Medicine medical school in 1968. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Teachey to book an appointment.

Dr. Teachey

Beach Ear Nose & Throat PC

700 Independence Cir Ste 2b Virginia Beach, VA 23455

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check Dr. Teachey's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Teachey treats this condition more than 68% of his peers

Headache

Dr. Teachey treats Headache more than 50% of his peers

Dr. Teachey treats this condition more than 50% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Benign Exertional Headache
  • Benign Sex Headache
  • Cervicogenic Headache
  • Chronic Headache
  • Chronic Tension-Type Headache
  • Cluster Headache
  • Cough Headache
  • Drug Rebound Headache
  • Headaches (Shunt Related)
  • Hypertension Headache
  • Recurrent Headache
  • Severe Headache
  • Tension Headache
  • Vascular Headache
Hide other areas of care

Dr. Teachey's conditions and procedures:

• Acute Sinusitis
  • Deafness
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • ENT Surgery
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sinusitis
  • Throat Pain
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction

Dr. Teachey accepts

Dr. Teachey accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
KeyCare PPO

Dr. Teachey's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Teachey

Dr. Teachey?
  • Office environment (38)
  • Staff friendliness (38)
  • Explained conditions well (37)
  • Appointment was rushed (3)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (3)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
Dr Teachey is one of a kind, you do not find doctors like him anymore. He takes the time to listen to you, and explain what he thinks is the problem. I came to him because the ENT I saw in the ER told me to call if I needed to come back and make an appointment, called and was told 3 months. Dr Teachey got me in right away and explained my condition and what the treatment would be. I will be forever grateful to this man, for he saved me headaches and pain. He knows what he is talking about.
Jackie in Virginia Beach, VA – May 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Teachey, MD?
Dr. Teachey and his staff are amazing. They are always pleasant on the phone and in person. Dr. Teachey is very thorough and patient. He explains what he is doing and what his findings are with grace and consideration. He treats you like you are the only patient that matters. I have never felt rushed or hurried. He checks on me and makes sure I keep up with the plan he set for me. I find it truly amazing that he remembers all that we mentioned in my visit. He is simply the best.
Karolyn Lea in Virginia Beach, VA – Apr 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Teachey, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Teachey for over 30 years and have been diagnosed with many issues that other doctors could not determine. The staff is always friendly and attentive and is willing to work me in whenever I've called.
Charles Brown in Virginia Beach, VA – Mar 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Teachey, MD?
i first visited Dr. Teachey in late January of 2018 for chronic sinus headaches.I have had this problem on and off for 30 years. He scoped my nose and throat and scheduled a ct scan. All came back normal and said i had myofascial pain symdrome. Which is a referred pain that was caused from gym improper workouts that caused muscle tightness in my shoulder and neck.and triggered pain in my sinus.He sent me for dry needling sessions and stretching.After 8 sessions i am headache free!!
Virginia Beach – Feb 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Teachey, MD?
Dr Teachey has been my doctor for over 25 years, I'm currently being treated for Tinnitus with myofascial trigger point theory which has given me significant relief. One treatment was observed by a professor from Harvard . At my last visit it came to my attention that the last three procedures were done at no charge to me due to insurance questions about the treatment. Dr Teachey is an outstanding and caring doctor who I am blessed to have. The staff, Brenda, Donna, and Christi are great.
Joseph Marchio in Virginia Beach, Va – Dec 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Teachey, MD?
I am currently a patient of Dr. Teachey's and have been for the last 8 years. During the course of my treatment Dr. Teachey has been very professional, compassionate and diligent in identifying and treating my migraine headaches and sinus problems. As a patient suffering from Myofascial Dysfunction with Trigger Points Dr. Teachey is concerned more about my correct and continued treatment than the monetary aspect of the cost of this treatment not covered by insurance. A remarkable physician!
Susan in Fredericksburg, VA – Nov 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Teachey, MD?
Dr. Teachey is an outstanding doctor that I have recommended numerous times without reservation. He is patient, thorough, and willing to think outside of the box to solve your medical issue. He is one of the few doctors that treat tinnitus; he has helped me immeasurably, and I encourage all to seek his expertise. I drive three hours one way! to see him regularly, and I know without a doubt that it is well worth it. I find his staff superb, and very willing to work with me on billing issues.
Jenny in Stafford, VA – Nov 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Teachey, MD?
My experience as Dr. Teachey’s patient is exceptional. He helped save my life by telling me to take action on an issue that confounded another ENT doctor and his associates, for a year. I prefer a doctor who has his own practice, not part of a corporate group. He takes time with you to answer your questions. In my experience many doctors give you short snapping answers and are backing out of the room within minutes. I have recommend Dr. Teachy to family members and friends. You won’t find better
Jim Collins in Virginia Beach – Oct 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Teachey, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Teachey for almost 20 yrs and have the utmost respect for him He diagnosed a problem I was having that 4 other doctors and specialists could not. He explained everything clearly and answered any questions thoroughly. I never felt rushed. I've never had to wait very long to get an appointment and had minimal waiting time once I arrived at his office. Office was clean and staff was extremely friendly and concerned.
Brenda in Virginia Beach, VA – Oct 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Teachey, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Teachey about two years ago by an Ear Nose and Throat Dr. at EVMS. I had been experiencing severe pain in my left ear for several months & was diagnosed with Myofascial Dysfunction. Dr. Teachey was very knowledgeable on the subject. He patiently explained everything to me and recommended a course of treatment .He has given me the tools and information I need to manage the myofascial pain. Wonderful doctor with a caring a compassionate staff.
Jeanne C in Virginia Beach, VA – Oct 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Teachey, MD?
Very disappointed with Dr. TEACHEY. My family has been seeing Dr. Teachey for over 30 years he took my tonsils out when I was 16. My dad called to set an appointment for his ears and was told that they are only seeing 2-3 Medicare patients a week because of too much paperwork. They don't want to do the paperwork! Dr. Teachey is more concerned about $$$ than his loyal patients. Find another Dr.one who cares about people . Willing to do the "paperwork" Do their job!! On behalf of my parent
Gwen in Virginia Beach, VA – Sep 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Teachey, MD?
Dr. Teachy and his staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. I had been to several Dr appointment's over a 5 week period for my symptoms but Dr. Teachy was the only one who knew what was going on and treated me right away. I feel better than I have in some time. Thank you Dr. Teachy
Norfolk, VA – Aug 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Teachey, MD?
Dr. Teachey was instrumental in diagnosing my myofascial pain that was causing problems with my breathing and swallowing. He is patient and educated me on my condition. Dr. Teachey and his staff spend time with their patients and genuinely care about their well being. He referred me to a physical therapist and therapeutic masseuse that are also amazing and after just a few months I have noticed a great change. I highly recommend Dr Teachey and his team.
Virginia Beach, VA – Aug 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Teachey, MD?
My 5 month trek between specialists ended with the excellent care of Dr. Teachey and his caring staff. I got an appointment within a few days of my call. I had shortness of breath, deep, sharp arm pain, intermittent sinus pressure, and a hoarse voice. I had seen my PCP, urgent care, rheumatologist, oncologist and pulmonologist. It turned out I had myofascial dysfunction, a common but under recognized condition. Dr. Teachey gave me injections which provided immediate relief.
Virginia Beach, VA – Jun 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Teachey, MD?
I was frantically trying to find an ENT specialist and was told by many I couldn't be seen for months. I called Dr Teacheys office and spoke with Brenda, his nurse, who made sure I was seen within a day. She was compassionate and really made me smile when I came in. In my experience in seeing many doctors and specialist; he was the first to really listen and understand my pain. He was able to actually diagnosis my problem and not just treat the symptoms.
Virginia Beach, VA – Jun 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Teachey, MD?
Dr. Teachey's practice is small and definitely caring. Dr. Teachey was able to diagnose the chronic ear, neck and throat pain/discomfort I was experiencing when other doctors could not. I have Myofascial Pain Syndrome. Not only has he provided treatment, but took the time to educate me on how I can best help myself! He and his staff are always reassuring and comforting. They practice medicine much differently than the large, multi doctor and multi office practices. It makes a difference.
B.Conyers in Virginia Beach, VA – May 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Teachey, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Teachey's for over 40 years. He has provided excellent care, and shows concern for the overall well-being of his patients. He located and operated on a cholesteatoma in 2007 which saved my life. He has referred me to other caregivers for conditions outside his expertise, and I have been very satisfied with the care and concern I have received. Dr. T and the staff are much like family, and treat us like friends. The wait time is usually under five minutes or less
William Thorn in Knotts Island, NC – Mar 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Teachey, MD?
I have been an longer time patient since 1988. Dr. Teachey and staff have cared for my medical issues from sinus, shingles, tumor and myofascial. With any medical issues diagnosis was promptly treated, shingles were stopped by treatment before traveling to my face. Tumor was removed from under my right jaw line, with surgery around my ear with very little scarring.
Brenda in Virginia Beach, VA – Jan 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Teachey, MD?
I have been thankful and pleased with Dr Teachey and his whole office staff. They are thorough, compassionate, and think "outside of the box". They have been a gift to this nomadic Navy wife.
Jaci in Norfolk, VA – Oct 31, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Teachey, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Teachey because he is a very caring and excellent doctor! I had been dealing with severe head and neck pain for 20 years now and thought that this was something I had to just deal with everyday. Dr. Teachey was able to exam me and properly identify what condition I actually (myofascial pain) have after being seen by neurologists, a neurosurgeon, and other doctors! I am now receiving the care that I need to move forward in life and my future is much brighter!
Kia Green in Portsmouth, VA – Sep 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Teachey, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Teachey?

• Ear, Nose, and Throat