Dr. William Tang, MD

Vitreoretinal Disease & Surgery ·  Male · Age 51

Dr. Tang

Retina Eye Care PC

182 W Central St Ste 102 Natick, MA 01760

Dr. William Tang, MD is a vitreoretinal disease specialist in Natick, MA and has been practicing for 21 years. He graduated from Johns Hopkins Univ Sch Of Med in 1993 and specializes in vitreoretinal disease & surgery and ophthalmology.

Dr. Tang accepts

Dr. Tang accepts the following insurance:

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
HealthSmart
Network Health
Simplifi

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Tang's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Tang treats Eye Cancer more than 88% of his peers

Dr. Tang treats this condition more than 88% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Retinal Cancer
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Tang treats All Headaches (incl. Migraine) more than 80% of his peers

• Benign Neoplasm of Choroid
  • Benign Neoplasm of Eye
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Retinal Laser Photocoagulation
  • Retinal Laser Surgery
  • Retinal Surgery
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Scleral Buckling
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Uveitis
  • Uveitis and Iridocyclitis
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Vitrectomy
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery
  • Vitreous Detachment
  • Vitreous Hemorrhage
  • Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

I am passionate about achieving the best vision possible for each patient that I see every day. Vision is a precious gift. When there is a retina problem, sometimes the solution is simple, and sometimes it requires a great deal of effort. Every patient has a unique story. Some are joyful stories. Some are sad stories. But they all inspire me to want to provide the best care possible.

• Vitreoretinal Disease & Surgery

3.4482758620689653%

Dr. Tang?
Dr. Tang's Performance
What People Say About Dr. William Tang, MD
Earlier in my life, I had a detached retina. Dr. Tang saw me right away and performed surgery on my eye. Following the surgery, I knew that I could see, but the healing took time. This is normal. Dr. Tang was encouraging and supportive throughout this period. Fifteen years later, I still have my sight and never miss my yearly check up. When my husband was found to have a torn retina, I called Dr. Tang's office, and the next day the doctor performed laser surgery, We trust Dr. Tang 100%.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tang, MD?
I am extremely pleased with the exceptional care and excellent office experience provided by Dr, Tang and his wonderful staff. I've had several office visits from diagnosis, surgery and follow up and each visit was friendly, on time and professional. Dr. Tang improved my vision greatly and I am very confident and happy to continue under his care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tang, MD?
would highly recommend Dr. Tang-very efficient-explained what happened to my eye (torn retina) and performed laser correction-all done quickly and painlessly. Follow up was the same
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tang, MD?
Dr. Tang and his office staff are very professional, courteous and expressive of their caring for their patients. Dr. Tang himself was upfront and honest in his interactions with me - and I felt very comfortable asking questions of him and interacting with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tang, MD?
Dr. Tang might be a very competent doctor but he appears to schedule patients so tightly that he is so busy he does not have time to spend time with the patient. His "bedside manner" is poor. I went away today confused about my condition and I am a health professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tang, MD?
Dr. tang has been my Dr. since he first started his practice. He has done many surgeries on my eyes over the years to save my eye sight. I cannot say enough good things about his talent and care of his patients. He goes above and beyond in caring for his patients!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tang, MD?
Dr. Tang deals with stressful situations all day long (it is OK to lose a tooth - it is not OK to lose an eye) and does it brilliantly. His skills as a surgeon are impeccable, his attention to detail is impressive and his staff is highly organized and friendly. He saved my sight, for which he has my undying gratitude, and he could save yours one day.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tang, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Tang's for over 17 years. I started seeing him for retinal tears and continue to see him. He's had to perform laser surgery several times. He's an AMAZING Doctor! I highly recommend him! He's extremely intelligent, knowledgeable and well versed in his field. He is detailed oriented, does a thorough exam, very trustworthy and answers all my questions. I drive 1.5 hours to see him and wouldn't hesitate to drive 1.5 more!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tang, MD?
He is an outstanding doctor. His staff is friendly and efficient
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tang, MD?
Dr. Tang has appeared to specialize particularly retina related issues and per my experience extremely competent, effective, and efficient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tang, MD?
He is hands down the best eye Doctor I have been involved with period..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tang, MD?
Too my son in emergency his eye doctor detected blood in retina. Went to this office that afternoon. Since this had just happened and questions. He is very busy running from room to room and seemed impatient with questions just kept answering me with what he would do next then out to desk pay and schedule appt. No answers. It was like I am telling you what I am going to do so just listen and do it. Next day at Mass Eye Ear with top man Dr Lowenthal who answered every ? I asked &I some I didn't
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tang, MD?
Excellent by every criteria Office staff exceptional also
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tang, MD?
I've been seeing Dr Tang for the past few years. He has a great office staff and offers top of the line care. He takes the time to not only explain details to you, but also to family members if they are present. After a procedure it is common to get a call from Dr Tang personally later in that day to see how things are going.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tang, MD?
Dr. Tang saw me within a few hours of being diagnosed with a detached retina. He explained the seriousness of the condition and explained in detail what my responsibilities would be after surgery. The next day I had the surgery and exactly two months later I was okayed to get my eyes examined for new glasses. I would highly recommend Dr. Tang to anyone who has retina issues. He is very busy but always finds time for all his patients. In addition, his staff is very friendly and competent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tang, MD?
When I had a detached retina in one eye, I was very concerned that I would lose my vision permanently. Dr. Tang eased my fears and his professionalism convinced me I was in the right hands. The surgery was very successful, so when the retina detached in my other eye, I was not worried because I knew I could go back to Dr. Tang and he would take care of it. I have the utmost confidence in Dr. Tang and would recommend him to everyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tang, MD?
I became a patient of Dr. Tang approximately eight yrs ago. I was referred by my ophthalmologist for a partially detached retina. I meet with D, Tang the same day as the referral and was operated on the next day. DR Tang takes a interest in his patients. He provides a complete exam and follows up with a letter to me and my ophthalmologist after each visit.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tang, MD?
In over fifteen years as a patient, I have had the utmost confidence in Dr. Tang's professional abilities as a specialized physician and surgeon in retinal care. I am very satisfied with the scheduling and follow up of staff as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tang, MD?
Dr. Tang was referred to me by my cataract surgeon when I suffered a retina detachment a few months after surgery. My surgeon called Dr. Tang and left a voice mail, which was returned within 5 minutes and he offered to see me at 8:30 pm that evening. I feel very fortunate that I was referred to Dr. Tang - he is brilliant and performed surgery quickly and expertly - I feel he saved my sight. His bedside manner is challenging; however, he certainly knows his craft well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Tang, MD?
Dr. Tang is a very dedicated doctor and a skilled surgeon. Dr. Tang operated on my detached retina and I am now with perfect corrected eyesight.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Tang?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Tang treats patients.