Neurology  |
Dr. William Strickland Sr, MD
Dr. Strickland received his Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude, from the University of Alabama in 1978. He received his medical degree as well as his PhD from Vanderbilt Medical School in 1984. During his time at Vanderbilt, Dr. Strickland participated in the Medical Scientist Training Program and performed research for the Department of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Dr. Strickland completed his residency in Neurology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in 1988. With more than 25 years of experience in the private practice of Neurology, Dr. Strickland routinely performs EMGs on a daily basis. He is board certified in Neurology. He has a special interest in peripheral neuropathy and peripheral nerve disorders. Dr. Strickland is a Certified Independant Medical Examiner who maintains an active practice in file review and independant medical examinations. Dr. Strickland is a member of the following medical associations: American Academy of Neurology American Medical Association Tennessee Medical Association Nashville Academy of Medicine Tennessee Academy of Neurology American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine American Instuite of Ultrasound in Medicine

300 20th Ave N Ste 600

Nashville, TN 37203

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Strickland Sr

Providing Neurologic Care with Compassion and Respect.

Dr. Strickland Sr's Experience

Dr. Strickland Sr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Pain
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Meningiomas
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

• Botox® for Chronic Migraine
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Nerve Conduction Studies

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University Of Alabama
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1978
  • Vanderbilt Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Vanderbilt University Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Strickland Sr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Strickland Sr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Strickland Sr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Strickland Sr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Strickland Sr to family and friends
2.3
Dr. Strickland Sr's Performance
Hendersonville, NC |
What are they running in that office? I called for an appt. I was put on hold after she asked to help. Another person "Morgan" picks up the phone with a mouth full of assumptions for the reason I'm calling. None of which fit my description. I explain my reason for the call and Morgan says that she'll get a solution for me and puts me on hold for 32 minutes. If it's not in their box and they don't know how to answer do they blow you off by keeping you on hold to see how long you'll wait for?
Nash |
Stephany brought my to my room dressed I. A mini dress with her boobs showin and high heels. Did they get her off the corner? She's not even a medical professional..... Front desk girl was nice. Dr was helpful. Office is small. Friendly staff other than Stephany.
Lagrange, GA |
Owned by the insurance companies when it come to workers compensation claims, 100% on their side even before he see you, the worst and the most disgusting experience of my life...
Lagrange, GA |
Don't ever go to him for workers compensation injury, I call him doctor insurance, he will script everything without even know what work you do, and makes clear your are faking your pain , as he is a workers compensation $$$$$ , insurance companies get what they expect him to say, worse human being I ever met.
in nashville, tn |
The entire office visit was a positive experience. Dr.Strickland was knowledgeable, friendly, patient and very helpful. Highly recommend
in Nashville, TN |
He's an excellent doctor! I no longer live in Nashville, but I still travel from out of state to see him. I wouldn't use anyone else.
Nashville, TN |
I just so appreciate the care Dr. Strickland provided.
Nashville, TN |
The staff and Dr.Strickland are very good at what they do. The wait times are short to see the doctor. The staff are very helpful and friendly. My experience with them has been very helpful and I feel I've gotten the best care. Very detailed in giving the best care. I'd recommend this practice 100 percent
Greenbrier, TN |
Very warm and loving staff. He and his PA's were smart and spent a lot of time with me. The office is clean and have the nice wall boards up. Front desk was clean and the girl was polite. She livened up the waiting room every time a patient walked up. Stephanie helped me get setup with my test immediately so I would not have to drive back downtown. They were all around nice genuine people. I would recommend to anyone!!
in Westmoreland, TN |
The only time I actually saw Dr Strickland was on first visit. Every visit thereafter I saw his physician assistant, yet bill was submitted to insurance company as though I had seen him (no difference between seeing him and PA.). He had MRI and EEG done, then prescribed a seizure medication. Issues got worse. When I last visited his office, my condition had worsened and his PA said to increase medication. The last increase didn't help so why would more. Not a warm and friendly place.
in Nashville, TN |
Excellent. I was a new patient and did not have to wait in the hall or stand up in the wait room. The staff were very helpful. I appreciated the Doctor seeing me so soon. Thank you Dr. Elrod for helping me find Dr. Strickland.
Nashville, TN |
Listen to the other reviews. The doctor doesn't seem to care and his staff horrible. They are so rude and after waiting 2 hours in the small waiting room where I had to stand the entire time due to lack of seating, they told me it was my fault because I was a new patient. Do yourself a favor and listen to the other reviews. Find another doctor who cares and staff who will not blame you for their lack of scheduling skills.
in Antioch, TN |
I am reporting this guy. Not only did he walk out because my phone rang. He NEVER came back. I was told to call if I needed anything. I asked to talk to the manager who was trying to calm an outburst of an employee. This staff is young, RUDE & curses. The equipment is broken and the offices smell HORRIBLE. This is a sham at best. I question the top reviews. There is no way I experienced what I did and others are total opposite. Go at your own risk!
Excellent
in Tullahoma, TNW |
We were very pleased. Not fond of having to go to Doctors in general but was very happy to have met Dr. Strickland and his staff. I was treated with respect and he was able to answer my questions. Very nice man.
in Nashville, TN |
Jerk. Offered no answers or opinions after very painful EMG. Dr Strickland said he wasn't seeing me as a Neurologist but only performing tests on the request of my referring physician. He never made eye contact as I described my symptoms and left the examination without answering any of my questions. He shrugged and said good luck. The equipment looked hard used and out of date.
in Nashville, TN |
Went to several Neurologist. None were able to help me. Dr. Strickland diagnosed and put me on a management plan. I appreciate the time he took with me. Answering my questions. I would def recommend him.
in Nashville, TN |
STAY AWAY! Dr. Strickland is a pompous, arrogant, very moody and horrible physician. Not only is his staff rude and lazy but his office is disgustingly old and dirty. I was told I would be scheduled for an MRI and never heard anything back for months. I still have not had my test. I called the office and the hateful with brown hair told me she doesn't know what she can do to help. I wouldn't recommend his office for anything unless you want to be mistreated. Trust your brain to a doctor who care
Have you seen Dr. William Strickland Sr, MD?
Are you Dr. Strickland Sr?

See our Neurology Specialist at TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center

Visit Dr. Strickland Sr

Dr. Strickland Sr accepts 22 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
    Blue Network E
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • National Elevator