Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. William Spellman, MD
Dr. William Spellman, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Lansdale, PA. He is 72 years old and has been practicing for 42 years. Dr. Spellman is affiliated with Abington-Lansdale Hospital—Jefferson Health.

Lansdale Office

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Spellman

Dr. Spellman's Experience

Dr. Spellman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Bunion
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

• Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Univ Of Mo Columbia Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1975
  • Akron City Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1976
  • Stony Brook University Hospital S U N Y Health Sciences Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981

Dr. Spellman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Spellman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Spellman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Spellman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Spellman to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Spellman's Performance
in Lansdale, pa |
I saw Dr. Spellman initially because of severe knee pain with each step I took. After five weekly visits to get injections, I have had my first day of walking about with NO PAIN AT ALL!!! I would highly recommend Dr. Spellman to anyone needing an orthopedic doctor.
in Lansdale, PA |
Dr. William Spellman is the most excellent doctor that I had in my life time. He works very hard to find out what the issue is, and to help resolve the problem.
in Lansdale, Pa |
Great visit, good insight, friendly doc and staff. Gave me an immediate remedy, and also left door open for 'plan B'.
in Collegeville, PA |
I visited Dr. Spellman for a low back/hip problem. He took the time to listen to/develop an understanding of my issues, review my X-ray films, conduct strength/flexibility tests and develop/ explain his diagnosis and treatment methodology. His explanation included review of illustrations in a medical manual relevant to my condition. He was patient, attentive and thorough.
in Lansdale PA |
Very Well Pleased. Made you Feel like a Patient & Took Time if had any Questions. Looked Forward to Visits & was well at eased. Just Liked what "Doctors" Use to Do.- Did Not Feel Like a Number
King Of Prussia, PA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Spellman's since 1999. He has helped me in many ways and I always leave his office knowing I am in good hands and being well taken care of.
PA |
Dr. Spellman spends much time explaining my condition.Very friendly office. Will definitely be treating there again if needed in the the future.
in Lansdale, PA |
Dr. William Spellman is the best doctor i have ever been to. I always leave his office feeling so much better.
in Lansdale, PA |
I saw Dr. Spellman 5 years ago and my problem was solved. When I had another unrelated problem, I did not hesitate to return to his office for a consultation. Very straight forward and happy to explain the problem and what can be expected in the future.
Wonderful doctor and great staff.
in North Wales, PA |
Very knowledgeable, always enjoy spending time with him. He cares about his patients and takes time to explain the medical aspects of their conditions. My only complaint is the long wait time - 40 minutes today before I saw him. I would and have highly recommended him.
in Colmar, Pa |
Dr. Spellman was professional, knowledgeable and competent. I would definitely recommend him to any one looking for an excellent Orthopedic Surgeon.
Lansdale, PA |
Dr. Spellman removed all my fears within a few moments of meeting him. I felt my knee needed to be replaced and he assured me this was not the case. A few visits to his office was all that was needed and my knee is back.
Knowledgeable physician
in North Wales, PA |
I have seen Dr Spellman on and off for the past several years for back, hip and elbow pain. The office staff is friendly and very helpful. getting appointments is always pain-free. Dr Spellman is great listening to your issues/symptoms and he finds the best way to improve any discomfort or pain. Highly recommend him to anyone.
Plymouth Meeting, PA |
Excellent diagnostician and provides appropriate procedures for recovering
in North Wales, PA |
Was experiencing extreme pain, did not have an orthopedic and when I called Dr. Spellman's office, they were so helpful. As a new patient, the office was extremely helpful. I would definitely recommend Dr. Spellman! He answered all my questions, was very patient. It was such a relief to have found someone so kind and knowledgable.
in Willow Grove, PA |
Dr. Spellman was very informative and thorough in his care for my knee injury. I liked the way he articulated his words and spoke with kindness and patience when explaining the depth and details of the recommended recovery process.
in North Wales, Pa |
Dr Spellman is a doctor who I have seen for the past several years. The office staff is friendly and very attentive. Dr Spellman is great with listening to ones concerns and he is very careful in finding the best way to improve any discomfort or pain. Highly recommend him to anyone.
Lansdale, PA |
Listens, explains reasons and process clearly, shows understanding.
in Hatfield, PA |
Office staff is very courteous and professional. I have seen Dr. Spellman numerous times for tendonitis in my hands and elbows, and he always takes the time to listen to any concerns I might have, answer my questions, and discuss treatment options. I would recommend Dr. Spellman to family, friends, and neighbors with complete confidence.
in North Waes, Pa |
I would recommend Dr. Spellman to anyone who needs to see an Orthopedic Dr. He is courteous. and he takes the time to answer all questions asked of him. Since I have been seeing him for my knees I am steadily improving.
Lansdale, PA |
Dr. Spellman took his time examining me and explaining the diagnosis. He was kind and supportive.
in Lansdale, PA |
My boyfriend john lauman saw dr.spellman a week ago for shoulder pain and he was very satisfied with the visit and really liked him and would recommend him to others
in Lansdale, Pa |
I went to Dr. Spellman for pain in my Knees. I am very happy with his attention to my problem and how he is helping me with my problem. Also his nurse and office staff are very helpful and kind to the patients.
in Lansdale, PA |
Dr. Spellman was completely straight forward and candid regarding my shoulder problem, He had x-rays taken at the time of the visit and reviewed them then and there, no repeat visits to draw the process out, I found him to be an upfront, straight shooting, no nonsense Doctor. which was very refreshing, I would highly trust and strongly recommend him to any one looking for a good Orthopedic Doctor.
Chalfont, PA |
I have seen Dr. Spellman for two different injuries. He was very kind and knowledgeable. He explained exactly what was wrong with my injuries in a very basic way in which I could understand.
in North Wales, PA |
I came to Dr. Spellman with a torn meniscus. I liked his conservative approach and that he didn't immediately start pushing surgery. He was attentive and used professional photos and table models to inform me about my injury and what steps I might take to help relieve the pain. His focus was on helping me understand the situation and helping me make my own decision about the best course of action for me.
in Lansdale, PA |
Highly recommended. Dr. Spellman always takes the time to provide a detailed, simple explanation of your condition and immediately initiates or prescribes the appropriate the medical treatment to alleviate the issue. His treatments, injections and expertise have been most effective for me over many years of shoulder, knee, back problems and other assorted injuries.
in Doylestown, PA |
Dr. Spellman is an excellent healthcare provider. He's very thorough and professional. He listens to his patients and is very attentive. He has treated me for a number of minor injuries over the past 8 years with excellent success. I've recommended him highly to my friends and colleagues and will continue to do so. In my opinion, he is a true healer!
in Hatfield, PA |
Dr. Spellman and his staff are terrific. I arrived at my scheduled time and was seen within 5 minutes of arriving. I needed an x-ray and got that done within 10 minutes, returned to Doctor's office and Dr. Spellman had the results soon after. He reviewed the x-ray results with me and provided a plan of treatment. The entire visit was very prompt and efficient, from arrival time to exit was approximately 25 minutes. I will return to Dr. Spellman again if I have any other orthopedic issues.
in Hatfield, PA |
Seen by doctor himself, not an assistant. Very professional, respectful, friendly manner. Listened carefully and answered questions to my satisfaction. Asked for feedback.
in Lansdale, PA |
Great experience surrounding my ongoing care with the Doctor himself and the staff. Dr Spellman explained my condition simply in human terms and didn't sugar coat a thing as sever as my condition is getting. I am able to stay fit and active as he explained my limitations as well. I recently got married ans switched health carriers. Melinda really held my hand in the transition to my new Keystone policy and was even able too obtain my ID cards herself before I even knew my own ID #'s. TY!
in Lansdale, PA |
I actually look forward to my office visits. The staff is very friendly, I rarely have to wait more than 5 minutes. Dr Spellman listens and takes as much time as needed to be sure I understand any procedures he has to perform. He instills trust and knowledge with his explanations. I highly recommend him to anyone in need.
in Hatfield, PA |
last week I could't walk because of back pain I saw Dr. Spellman and he explained in laymans terms exactly what the problem was and prescribed accordingly. Had a 2nd appt. a week later I was walking great. He took the time to show me some exercises to do to help the back and took the time to explain the issues. What a great help Dr. Spellman was, and I will continue to seek his advice. Thank You Dr. Spellman
in Lansdale, Pa. 19446 |
Dr. Spellman evaluated my pain and made several recommendations for treatment. He explained each one to me and I made my decision on his recommendation. He has treated my arthritic knees for at least 5 years and let me know when it was time for a total replacement. It was the best thing I ever did. He has a great staff and it is very easy to schedule appointments. I have been very happy with my experience with him.
in North Wales, PA |
Dr. Spellman took his time explaining in great detail what my condition was and the steps he would recommend in treatment.
in Lansdale, PA |
Dr. Spellman evaluated my knee problem thoroughly and made sure I understood what the cause of my pain was. He then outlined a course of treatment and carried it out efficiently, being careful to elicit my response to the previous week's treatment each time. The pain that had kept me from walking and using stairs went away and stayed away for six months, which is better than I had hoped.
in Norristown, PA |
Thoroughly evaluated me and then took sufficient time to explain and show me what was occurring with my shoulder. Carefully and thoroughly explained treatment and talked through each step as administered. Made sure I was no longer in pain and scheduled a follow-up in case I needed it. Overall, completely satisfied with the treatment I received.
in Lansdale, PA |
Very no nonsense and to the point.
in North Wales, PA |
Dr. Spellman went well beyond expectations to resolve a painful elbow infection. On two occasions, he adjusted his schedule so that he could quickly address my issue. Dr. Spellman & his staff saw to it that I experienced minimal pain during treatment. He was very friendly, extremely thorough, and took the time to listen & manage expectations. I thanked him for performing a procedure during non-office hours. His response was, "we need to help people." He is truly a treasure.
in Blue Bell, PA |
Dr. Spellman explained my condition in layman terms and all of the treatment options.
in Lansdale, PA |
Dr. Spellman was knowledgeable, insightful, and professional. His service was expeditious and targeted. I am not easily impressed and he blew me away.
in Souderton, PA |
Treatment of knee pain was quick, professional, and patient.
in Lansdale, PA 19446 |
Dr. Spellman explained my sciatica problem and suggested exercises to help alleviate the pain.
in Lansdale, PA |
After having a knee injury that was still painful after 4 years Dr. Spellman provided me with several treatment options. The one he recommended strongly to me is currently working, I have less knee pain and now I am more active than I was since the injury.
in Gwynedd, PA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Spellman for over 20 years, as have my children. I have nothing but great things to say about my experiences. From my experiences with minor injuries to having surgery, everything has had great outcomes.
in Lansdale, PA |
I saw Dr. Spellman to get a second opinion on my right hip. Unlike the previous doctors I had seen, Dr. Spellman took the time to explain and demonstrate exactly what was happening and why the pain was not in my hip although it was caused by deterioration in my hip. He also suggested a reason for the pain could be torn cartilage in the hip socket and outlined a procedure that could test that theory even though he would not be performing it himself.
in Perkasie, PA |
After frustration with the big offices in our area, I was forthunate to find Dr. Spellman to assist in an ankle injury I had been suffering with. He was very knowledgeable, conversational, and listened to me thoroughly. He spent more time making sure my treatment was effective then any Dr. I have been to in 20 years. I would absolutely recommend calling Dr. Spellman for your orthopedic needs.
in Lansdale, PA |
Dr. Spellman was very helpful in solving my back pain issues. He took a lot of time to carefully explain my problem, in detail, and what I needed to do in order to solve the problem, without resorting to surgery. The care and treatment he provided was outstanding. I was in a great deal of pain when I went to him for treatment. Now, two weeks later, I have no pain at all, and feel great. Highly recommend his practice.
Have you seen Dr. William Spellman, MD?
Are you Dr. Spellman?