Dr. William Smith Jr, MD

Urology ·  Male · Age 40

Dr. Smith Jr

Medical and Surgical Clinic of Irving

2021 N MacArthur Blvd Ste 325 Irving, TX 75061

Dr. William Smith Jr, MD is an urology specialist in Irving, TX and has been practicing for 6 years. He graduated from Indiana University / School of Medicine in 2008 and specializes in urology.

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Smith Jr

4.1

75.86206896551724%
3.4482758620689653%

Dr. Smith Jr?
Dr. Smith Jr's Performance
What People Say About Dr. William Smith Jr, MD
I have been waiting a week to have my tumor and my kidney removed. Had an appt for surgery which no one knows anything about. But my release papers show it. I can't seem to get any help!! I have been made to feel as if i am a piece of trash disguraded in the street. The staff was rude. I work for a dr office. I am going to change how we treat pts. See i run my office. I dont think any one should fall through the cracks. We are human after all tammy rutledge
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Smith Jr, MD?
Have had the phone ring unanswered for as much as 27 minutes before being answered. Put on hold for long periods. Dr. is too busy to sign Rx for pharmacy refils...been waiting a week so far. The contract answering service is extremely rude. However, Dr. Smith is attentive during appointments.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Smith Jr, MD?
I don't have any problem with Dr. Smith, I have a HUGE problem with the front office staff. They seem to be very disorganized and don't have a clue of what they are doing. This has caused me tremendous stress, anxiety and irritation. I'm always having to follow up because they do not do what the doctor ordered them to do. I understand the medical field is hectic, but there are sick people depending on you to do your job! I feel bad for Dr. Smith because he's an excellent doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Smith Jr, MD?
Sadly we will not be recommending or returning to this office. We waited 2 hours after our appt time to see him. They seem out of sorts traveling from office to office. The staff and doc seem to have a hard time finding things and the follow up post procedure is laughable. For over a week we’ve been told scripts were being called in and an appt for follow up scans made. Nope. Not a darn thing has been done. Can’t even get in touch without a 20 plus minute wait on the phone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Smith Jr, MD?
The fresh prince of urology. Spoke to me like a person, came after hours to check on me since he wasn’t able to during work hours. Great staff at his office also. Would recommend to strangers and family alike.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Smith Jr, MD?
Dr. Smith displays the best in all of the qualities you would want in your physician. He's not only competent; he has mastered the skill of really listening. He is quick to act on the patient's behalf and involves himself in the patient's recovery by going the extra mile.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Smith Jr, MD?
Dr. Smith was recommended by a friend who used to work with him. After reading the comments here in healthgrades, I was confident that I was about to meet a good doctor who will help me get rid of my kidney stones. And as expected, Dr. Smith was very knowledgeable, compassionate and a good listener. He will make sure you understand the options and the education being given about your medical condition. And being a nurse, I find him very approachable and competent. I highly recommend Dr. Smith.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Smith Jr, MD?
Dr. Smith is amazing. He puts his patients health first and spends time with them. He doesn't rush in and out of the room.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Smith Jr, MD?
I was impressed with his knowledge & style. He was laid back, listened, & made me feel comfortable. He gave me options & told me what he recommended. He was open to my ideas & allowed me to ask all the questions I had. He was transparent & explained things well. His nurse was friendly, nice, & customer-service oriented. The logistics in his office are patient-friendly. For the first time in a long time, he made me feel very much in control of my healthcare and empowered.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Smith Jr, MD?
He gave me very good eye contact, spent adequate time with me, is so very caring and kind, absolutely made sure I was not in any discomfort. I feel more comfortable with women doctors normally. I was nervous but when he walked in to the room and we started talking, I felt instantly calm. There is a peacefulness about him. He is definitely my new urologist!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Smith Jr, MD?
I would definitely recommend Dr. Smith and his staff. He answered all my questions, and took the time to make sure I understood all aspects of my surgery. He and his staff were especially patient and considerate. I hope I don't need to see him again, but if I do, I know he will be there for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Smith Jr, MD?
I would like to withdraw an earlier review I made about lack of communication concerning my husband's prostate cancer. My husband is very happy with Dr. Smith and I was just emotional due to worrying about the possibility of the cancer spreading. I'm sure if it had spread, Dr. Smith would have notified us immediately.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Smith Jr, MD?
This man helped me get out of some tremendous pain with an infection in my kidney. It was an emergency procedure and he was on spot and help me so much. I thought he was very intelligent, new what he was doing and has a great bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Smith Jr, MD?
Went to Dr. Smith based off of a recommendation from another urologist concerning my prostate cancer. Dr. Smith is a very friendly doctor and he takes his time speaking to you when you do see him. He also conducted my surgery using robotics, it was successful, and my recovery time was very quickly because of very minimal incisions. I definitely would recommend him to anyone that is looking for a knowledgable and kind urologist!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Smith Jr, MD?
Dr. Smith Jr. is very thorough. He diagnosed my cancer quickly and treated it aggressively. I am very pleased with Dr. Smith Jr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Smith Jr, MD?
Went to him via a recommendation from another physician. I went to the Keller location. Was not impressed with the setup. Seems as if they are still in the process of setting up the office. Thought he was somewhat condescending. I did not like the nurse (assistant - whatever she was) or him very much. Will not be back or recommend him anyone I know.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Smith Jr, MD?
Dr. Smith was very good and listened to my concerns. He addressed the issues that I had, now I am feeling better. I would recommend him to everyone. His staff is friendly and helpful. I thank God for Dr. Smith and his office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Smith Jr, MD?
Very knowledgeable, patient and understanding of my nervousness. Listened well to my questions and concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Smith Jr, MD?
Dr. Smith is the bomb!! I wouldn't take anything for the treatment I have received from him, and will continue to receive, for my Bladder Cancer! He is the Greatest! He knows his stuff and has a good bedside manner. I have all the confidence in the world in him. He explains everything thoroughly to you and answers all your questions. His staff is excellent too!!! Can't even begin to say enough nice things about him and his staff!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Smith Jr, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Smith Jr?

• Urology

Dr. Smith Jr accepts the following insurance:

AARP
HealthFirst
PHP-Physicians Health Plan

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Smith Jr's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Bladder Surgery
  • Bladder Surgery, Robotic-Assisted
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Botox® for the Bladder
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • da Vinci® Nephrectomy
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Extracorporeal Shockwave
  • Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Hypospadias
  • Incontinence Sling Procedure
  • Kidney and Ureter Removal
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Infection
  • Kidney Infection, Acute
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stone Removal, Closed
  • Kidney Stones
  • Kidney Surgery
  • Lithotripsy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Male Infertility
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Orchiectomy
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Prostatectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Prostatitis
  • Pyeloplasty Surgery, Robotic-Assisted
  • Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Incontinence Surgery
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Vasectomy
  • Vesicoureteral Reflux
  • Yeast Infections

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Smith Jr treats patients.

Compare Providers