Ophthalmology  |
Dr. William Segal, MD
Dr. William Segal, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Duluth, GA. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Segal is affiliated with Gwinnett Medical Center - Duluth and Northside Hospital.

3800 Pleasant Hill Rd Ste 3

Duluth, GA 30096

• Avesis
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Guardian

Learn about Dr. Segal

See how frequently Dr. Segal performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Eyelid Spasm
Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
Foreign Body Removal from Eye

Dr. Segal's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Blocked Tear Duct
  • Cataract
  • Chalazion
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Cataracts
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Disseminated Chorioretinitis and Disseminated Retinochoroiditis
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Senile Cataracts

• Pterygium Surgery
  • Radial Keratotomy
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Emory Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • Atlanta Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Atlanta Med Center
  • Washington U/B Jh/Slch Conc
  • University Of California Davis Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Segal has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Segal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Segal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Segal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Segal to family and friends
Dr. Segal's Performance
in Duluth, GA |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. Segal for my distance and near vision correction and it was the best experience of my life! Everything went excellent and I am able to see without glasses or contacts after surgery and it is so wonderful! The surgery coordinator Elizabeth was very nice and pleasant and was very patient with me and explained everything to me well so that i felt comfortable having the surgery. I would recommend anyone who needs a great eye doctor to come see Dr. Segal.
in Duluth, GA |
The office staff has always been courteous and kind which made the experience much less stressful. I had cataract surgery and Dr. Segal called himself after surgery and that was reassuring and i felt that Dr. Segal genuinely cared about my wellbeing and I am seeing great after my cataract surgery! On the day of the surgery everything went really smoothly and the nurses at the hospital made me feel at ease and not scared.
in Duluth, GA |
Personable, focused, attentive to patient concerns.
in Duluth, GA |
Very professional and courteous.
in Duluth, GA |
Everything has been excellent with Dr. Segal and the staff and everyone is extradoinary! Probably the best doctors office that I have ever been to. Everyone in here seems to enjoy being here and enjoys working here and it shows in the way they treat the patients.
in Duluth, GA |
You and you staff are excellent. Always professional, friendly and upbeat.
in Duluth, GA |
Dr Segal took the utmost care to make sure I had a successful outcome. The staff is always respectful and helpful in going through the process. I had some initial complications from a treatment that were addressed with great attention to ensuring that I had fully recovered before proceeding with the remaining procedures. I could not be happier with the outcome of my treatment.
in Duluth, GA |
Everything was very good, it was all explained to my statisfaction. All the nurses were very professional.
in Duluth, GA |
Dr. Segal did my cataract surgery in both eyes and i see so well afterwards! All I have is praise for him. The office staff is very nice and Dr. Segal is a highly recommended doctor and he is up to date with the latest equipment which is very nice.
in Duluth, GA |
Dr. Segal is very good at what he does. Unlike what I read on other sites, the pain was minimal due to his skills in injection and treatment. Chalazion removal was a breeze
in Duluth, GA |
I like Dr. Segal as a professional. He has a very light touch and he did surgery on my eyes and they are perfect now. All the staff at the office are very nice and i will recommend Dr. Segal to all my friends!
in Duluth, GA |
Explains everything well and i can see with the right eye better than when i was 13.
in Duluth, GA |
Thank you Dr. Segal and staff!!!
in Duluth, GA |
Dr.Segal has one of the most efficient offices I have ever been in! I had cataract surgery with Dr. Segal and i did the Multifocal lens where i can see distance and near and i am so happy with my results and I had nothing but an excellent experience with Dr. Segal.
in Duluth, GA |
Very good Best after care after surgery.
in Duluth, GA |
Excellent. Very careful. Surgery went as planned. Doctor called after the surgeries.
in Duluth, GA |
Dr segal is the best before i saw him i could not see anything at all But the procedure he performed which was laser surgery on both eyes and i tell u i can see so good everything is so sharp and clear he is the most caring doctor i have ever seen as far as an eye doctor i would highly recommend him with all honors.
in Duluth, GA |
Dr Segal Is superb in his function and his bedside manner. The office was great in examining me. The cataract surgery ,location kept us waiting a full 3 hours before one of the surgeries and that was a bad experience. The other surgery they took me back within 2o minutes or less. Everything else was a good experience.
in Duluth, GA |
Excellent!! I cannot say enough good things ... the office is well run and the surgery was a gift!!!
in Duluth, GA |
My vision after cataract surgery has been wonderful! i was never able to see the sidewalk from the street but now i am able to. I am so thankful and the colors after cataract surgery is so much brighter and i am so glad i got it done!
in Duluth, GA |
I have no complaints with Dr. Segal and his staff! I was so scared to have cataract surgery done but after having both eyes done with Dr. Segal I am just amazed by how well I see! I would highly recommended Dr. Segal to everyone.
in Duluth, GA |
Dr. Segal is an absolute professional. I have been with his practice for over 10 years due to his expertise, caring approach, and detailed attention to any concerns I have had with my eye health. My high level of confidence in Dr. Segal is evidenced in selecting him as my LASIK surgeon several years ago - a choice I remain thankful for to this day.
in Duluth, GA |
Dr Segal and his staff have more than exceeded expectations. My vision is restored and I could not be happier. Fast, friendly staff and professional service. You cannot ask for more.
in Duluth, GA |
I had my cataract surgery about 7 years ago and my eye sight has been perfect since then. I do not wear any glasses and its the best experience I ever had! I would recommend Dr. Segal to everybody! He did a fabulous job.
in Duluth, GA |
WELL DIAGNOSED AND REPAIRED . STAFF WAS EXCELLENT, BOTH MEDICAL AND OFFICE MANAGEMENT. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
in Duluth, GA |
Dr Segal diagnosed me with a condition and he referred me to another doctor and I have been treating this condition for many years and for the first time in years i am in remission. The doctors say its a miracle that I am in remission and if it wasn't for Dr. Segal finding out about this problem for me it could have been a lot worse for me and i am forever grateful.
in Duluth, GA |
Everything went well with my cataract surgery! I had no problems and I can see my horses very well now. I am so happy with my results and I recommend him to everyone!
in Duluth, GA |
Great office staff with extreme efficiency and friendliness. Dr Segal was very knowledagemable and thorough. I would highly recommend this office!!
in Duluth, GA |
Outstanding experience. The results of my laser cataract surgery far exceeded my expectatations, resulting in perfect 20/20 vision. In addition, Dr. Segal has an excellent staff - very courteous, friendly, and informative. I give Dr. Segal my very highest recommendation.
in Duluth, GA |
Dr Segal and the staff always go above and beyond to find the best solutions and care. Every time I visit I am surprised by the quality of care and craftsmanship in helping me to see better. Thank you!
in Duluth, GA |
Exceeded expectations prior to and following my surgery. I was very anxious prior to and everything was thoroughly explained which reduced my anxiety levels. The center where the surgery was performed was the best medical experience I have ever had. Extremely professional. I highly recommend Dr Segal and his staff.
in Duluth, GA |
Dr.segal and his staff have been more than special to me. I consider Dr. Segal to be an excellent physician, with a most exceptional 'bedside mannere'. I aconsider him to be compaSSINAE and thought doctor,and one of the best I am my lifetime. Elidzabeth, wording along with Dr. Segal, is also one of the most thoughtful on his staff, and my visits have always been a great experience. I am most grateful for all the attention and kindness shown to me.
in Duluth, GA |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. segal in 2013 and my vision was so clear and sharp and wonderful! I do not need to wear any glasses and he explains everything so well with pictures and its so wonderful! He is my favorite doctor bc he does not rush with his patients and his staff is wonderful and so nice and polite and I feel very comfortable here. I have recommended everyone I know to come see Dr. Segal!
in Duluth, GA |
At first I was scared. Than I was comfort and reassured by Dr . Segal it would be alright. My eye surgery went well, better than I expected. I went home and woke the next morning and I could see. Everything was so clear and I am so happy. Getting old is no joke and your vision is very important. Thank you Dr. Segal I feel like a new worman.
in Duluth, GA |
Dr. Segal is the best.. Does a great job and I always look forward to seeing him.
in Duluth, GA |
I am so glad I found Dr. Segal! He always takes his appointments on time, which seems to be rare these days, but yet he still spends quality time with each patient. On one visit after taking pictures of the inside of my eye, he showed me the images on a large flat-screen monitor and then he took time to explain everything in terms I could understand. I really appreciated that. Everyone on his staff is friendly and helpful. They're all very professional, but genuinely down to earth, too.
in Duluth, GA |
Dr. Segal is extremely professional, warm and courtesy in his specialized care. He communicate well with his patients and is personable and I would recommend him to anyone for eye care consultation. He is the best!
in Duluth, GA |
Am very satisfied with both Dr. Segal and his staff. They are very professional and answered all of my questions.
in Duluth, GA |
Cataract surgery with Dr. Segal was Smooth and easy. Dr segal was very considerate of my well being and so were the nurses. Everyone at the surgical center was delightful and I never felt so well cared for. I have no fears of doing the other eye.
in Duluth, GA |
Everyone has been so friendly and helpful. The cataract surgery went perfect and was very awe inspiring. The laser was not painful and neither was the insertion of the new lens. I am so happy to be without glasses for the first time in 50 years!
in Duluth, GA |
I find dr segal very skilled, knowledgeable, and sincer in my eye care. I recommend him highly because I trust 100 percent and his staff is as great as he is.
in Duluth, GA |
A couple of years ago, Dr. Segal saw something in my eye and recommended that I go straight to my PCP and my PCP saw me and sent me straight to a Cardiologist. The Cardiologist saw that two of my arteries were blocked almost 99 percent. If it wasn't for Dr. Segal I could have died. Dr. Segal saved my life. He is a very good doctor and I recommend him highly to everyone.
in Duluth, GA |
Superior care all thru the process.
in Duluth, GA |
Huge improvement in my ability to color correct photographs of artwork! Previous vision rendered colors too yellow.
in Duluth, GA |
Expedient exam after very little wait time in the lobby area. Friendly and courteous and shows a lot of attention during exam.
in Duluth, GA |
I am seeing things that I have never seen before and I am so surprised how well I am seeing after cataract surgery! I will give Dr. Segal top marks and recommend him to anyone who needs a great ophthalmologist.
in Duluth, GA |
Dr. Segal is a very competent, knowledgeable and compassionate doctor. I have had two difficult cataracat surgeries performed by him and the results have been perfect! Not only was I delighted, but he also was greatly delighted for me. I highly recommend him for all your eye care.
in Duluth, GA |
Dr Segal is a caring doctor who does great work.
in Duluth, GA |
Complete confidence in my doctor.
in Duluth, GA |
Dr. Segal is the most professional eye surgeon that I have ever dealt with. The staff at the office has been very helpful and very pleasant to work with. If you want very good care from your eye doctor there is no other choice then doctor segal! I went to 3 different eye doctors about cataract surgery and I chose dr. Segal bc he gives you that one on one experience with then definitely come to Dr. Segal! why go anywhere else.!
Have you seen Dr. William Segal, MD?
Are you Dr. Segal?

Blue Open Access POS
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Guardian
  • Health Net
    Medicare Advantage PFFS
    Preferred PPO
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedCost