Dr. William A. Schiro, DDS

Dr. William A. Schiro, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Male

Lansing Oral Surgery 4305 Five Oaks Dr, Lansing, MI 48911 Get Directions

Learn about this Dentist

Dr. Schiro practices Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at 2 locations in Lansing, MI.

Are you Dr. Schiro? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Schiro's Experience

Visiting Dr. Schiro

Dr. Schiro accepts 13 insurance carriers

13 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Schiro has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Schiro

Dr. Schiro's Review Details
4 based on 50 responses
Experience with Dr. Schiro
Dr. Schiro's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (41)
in Dimondale, MI |
I was very nervous about having a wisdom tooth and additional molar extracted. Dr. Schiro and his staff were patient and caring. Highly recommend!!
in Okemos, MI |
Awesome Dr. and staff came I non the weekend to take care of the pain that I was having. Then saw my wife and took care of her the same way. Wouldn't go anywhere else.
in Dewitt, MI |
I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Shiro and his staff in one setting. First of all, everyone working there is incredibly friendly and warm. It took a lot of the edge off of the surgery (it was my first.) When I got home after the surgery, I had no swelling and very little pain; I was back to work in about two to three days. Their facility is very clean. I would recommend Dr. Shiro's office to anyone!
in Lansing, MI |
Dr. Schiro was very kind and caring. I had to have my upper teeth removed. I never had any pain at all from the surgery. I did not need the Rx he gave for pain. Dr. Schiro and his staff are amazing. All I can say is they took the fear out of having any dental work done. They are brilliant. Well done to all of them. Geri Meyle
in Lansing, MI |
Dr.Schiro was amazing!! I got in and taken care of in a blink of an eye! Had a wisdom tooth that needed to come out and Dr. Schiro took it out that day. The nurse assisting him that day was awesome!! I HIGHLY recommend anyone to go there!!! And Schiro has a wonderful personality !!!
in Lansing, MI |
First time sedated, first surgery, and my experience was GREAT. Referred by primary dentist for 2 complex impacted wisdom tooth removals. Excellent surgeon - NO PAIN!, minimal swelling, no nasty side effects, very comfortable procedure and would do again 100%. Informative, comforting support staff. Answered all my questions and were very helpful.
in Laingsburg, Mi |
Terrible bedside manner, very short and rude. Didn't care about patients comfort. Took my daughters stitches out after 3 days, which caused even more pain and discomfort and refused to help out with her pain. Doesn't take the time to explain anything that he is doing. Treated my daughter very poorly when she was in the room by herself, she was telling him that he was hurting her and he continued on without stopping or giving any comfort to her.
Southfield, MI |
Terrible bedside manner
in Owosso, MI |
I drove from the Northeast side of Owosso, and Dr Schiro and his staff are very friendly and professional. they go the extra mile and I tell everyone about him
in Okemos, MI |
The staff is great, kind and very efficient. Dr. Schiro is Crazy Awesome!! I would highly recommend him and I already have.
in Williamston, MI |
Dr. Schiro was HIGHLY recommended by Dr. Kevin Mullin out of East Lansing. Dr. Mullin's assistant said that Dr. Schiro and his staff are highly skilled and trained, that Dr. Schiro's specialty is maxillofacial and oral surgery, and has won the 2014 Patient's Choice Award. She gave me Dr. Schiro's phone number and fax number, and my dentist's office faxed my referral over, and I was scheduled for surgery the next morning! Thanks Dr. Schiro and staff for your kindness to me when I was in pain.
in Michigan |
Dr. Shiro simply an amazing Dr.!!! Came in to have 2 half rotted teeth pulled. Half of both teeth were gone broke away from the halves still in my gums that were starting to become infected to the nerves in my gums. I came in his staff made me feel welcome and comfortable as well as Dr.shiro himself. Felt like I'd been going there for years. He performed the surgery beautifully. Had minimal amount of recovery pain. Had no pain right after his work. Dr. Shiro called personally to check up.Awesome
in Holt, MI |
Ive read a lot of reviews that said they had horrible experiences here. I have to say I was rather surprised. The office is welcoming and inviting. Very up to date and extremely clean. I had my 4 wisdom teeth removed without problem. The healing process was easy with no complications. No problems with insurance. Everything was great. I'll admit his bedside manner is a little rough but nothing that would cause me to leave such rude reviews.
in Lansing, MI |
I would never recommend him to anyone! My granddaughter went to him for a consultation and after waiting for an hour and 45 minutes she was treated very rudely. He belittled her and made her feel very bad. This so called Dr.needs to step off his high horse and treat people with respect no matter what type of insurance they happen to have. He should also never discuss insurance information with a child. The type of behavior that he displayed was far from professional.
Have you seen Dr. William A. Schiro, DDS?
Are you Dr. William A. Schiro, DDS? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Schiro

Compare this Dentist

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Panorex X-Ray
  • Simple Tooth Extractions
  • Teeth Extraction
  • Tooth Replant

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Marquette University / School Of Dentistry

Graduated in 1978

Allen Park Va Hospital-General Practice

Completed in 1979

Allen Park Va Hospital-Oral Surgery

Completed in 1982

University Of Wisconsin-Eau Claire

Graduated in 1974

Dr. Schiro has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Schiro has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schiro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schiro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Schiro's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Michigan not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Schiro

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Schiro's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Schiro

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients