Dr. William Schiro, DDS

Dr. William Schiro, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Dr. William Schiro, DDS is a dentist who practices in Lansing, MI. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 39 years.

4305 Five Oaks Dr

Lansing, MI 48911

• Cofinity
  • DenteMax
  • Guardian
  • Medicare
  • Medico

Learn about Dr. Schiro

See how frequently Dr. Schiro performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dentofacial Anomalies
Facial Reconstruction

Dr. Schiro's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Simple Tooth Extractions
  • Teeth Extraction
  • Tooth Replant
  • i-CAT® 3D Dental Imaging

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University Of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1974
  • Marquette University / School Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1978
  • Allen Park Va Hospital-General Practice
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1979
  • Allen Park Va Hospital-Oral Surgery
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1982

Dr. Schiro has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Schiro has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schiro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schiro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schiro's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schiro to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Schiro's Performance
Dr. Shiro is a great surgeon but an arrogant disrespectful person. He will not answer any questions you have, he will ignore you and not tell you what he is doing as you’re in the operating chair. I will never refer him to anyone and I will never go back. PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE! Go somewhere that appriciates you and your business.
San Jose, CA |
I would not recommend Dr. Schiro. As another reviewer mentioned, he is not willing to answer any questions about why a procedure might be necessary. Also, I came in to the appointment with x-rays already taken the week before and he wouldn't even look at them. Instead, he took a full panorama and then added that to my bill so I had to pay for basically the same x-rays from my dentist and from him. Overall, not impressed with his services.
in Lansing, MI |
THE BEST ORAL SURGEOR EVER!
in East Lansing, MI |
OUTSTANDING Oral Surgeon! My surgery, teeth extractions and implants, were almost painless, only took Tylenol. He is highly competent and professional in all regards, both kind and caring to me. I also talked about him with other patients in the waiting room and previous ones and they all have the same positive experiences and high regard for him. Very new and modern office with pleasant staff who genuinely care for their patients. His beautiful smile and positive attitude made me feel at ease.
in East Lansing, MI |
Without a doubt, the most competent and professional oral surgeon I have ever dealt with. Painless surgery, outstanding office and staff. Doctor even called at night to see how I was doing. Will never go anywhere else, and I have been to other, ones and they are not nearly as good. He took the time to fully explain what I needed, what the surgery would be, in language I could understand, and readily answered all of my questions. The absolute best surgeon I know of. Everyone should go to him.
in Laingsburg |
I needed to have a tooth extracted, and was in horrible pain. My wife calling several oral surgeons and was told two to three weeks was the earliest, then she called Dr. Schiro. He and his staff opened the office a hour early the next morning to get me in. Every single person in the office we encountered was friendly, caring and professional. The doctor himself even called me later that evening to see if everything was going well. This office puts the patient first!
in Lansing, MI |
I just can't say enough about Dr. Schiro and his staff! I had an infected tooth extracted last week. I have never experienced such pain in my life, and I am a mother to 4 children, and have had several kidney stones..I know pain on anyone's pain scale! Needless to say, I was horrified at the thought of having someone dig around in my mouth. However, Dr. Schiro and his staff immediately put me at ease and took wonderful care of me. Dr. Schiro even called later that evening to check on me!
Dewitt, MI |
I was very pleased with the care and treatment I received at this office(St. Johns). Staff and Dr. were extremely professional and more importantly so kind. I had an emergency and they helped me quickly.
in Grand Ledge, MI |
I have been a patient for several years - 3 extracts and 3 implants - very minimal pain and swelling. These people are fantastic!! Doc Schiro and all of his staff have always taken not only the utmost care of me anytime I visit, but they also treat me as a special guest and a friend. I will go no where else for the services these people provide.
in Lansing, MI |
I went to see Dr. Schiro on February 21, 2017 to have a tooth extracted. I was greeted by a staff who extended a warm welcome. Dr. Schiro made me feel right at home assuring me he would do everything to make my visit comfortable. The procedure went well and I left feeling good. My recovery was more uncomfortable than painful. I returned to the office the next week and received instructions for a full recovery. All in all it was a very good experience. :) Thanks everyone.
Farmington, MI |
His dental assistant was VERY rude.
in carson city, MI |
Highly recommended. Dr schiro is very nice and explains procedures to you so you can relax. Had impacted mouler removed and no pain very little swelling and no bruising. Great doctor and staff.
in Dimondale, MI |
I was very nervous about having a wisdom tooth and additional molar extracted. Dr. Schiro and his staff were patient and caring. Highly recommend!!
in Okemos, MI |
Awesome Dr. and staff came I non the weekend to take care of the pain that I was having. Then saw my wife and took care of her the same way. Wouldn't go anywhere else.
in Dewitt, MI |
I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Shiro and his staff in one setting. First of all, everyone working there is incredibly friendly and warm. It took a lot of the edge off of the surgery (it was my first.) When I got home after the surgery, I had no swelling and very little pain; I was back to work in about two to three days. Their facility is very clean. I would recommend Dr. Shiro's office to anyone!
in Lansing, MI |
Dr. Schiro was very kind and caring. I had to have my upper teeth removed. I never had any pain at all from the surgery. I did not need the Rx he gave for pain. Dr. Schiro and his staff are amazing. All I can say is they took the fear out of having any dental work done. They are brilliant. Well done to all of them. Geri Meyle
in Lansing, MI |
Dr.Schiro was amazing!! I got in and taken care of in a blink of an eye! Had a wisdom tooth that needed to come out and Dr. Schiro took it out that day. The nurse assisting him that day was awesome!! I HIGHLY recommend anyone to go there!!! And Schiro has a wonderful personality !!!
in Lansing, MI |
First time sedated, first surgery, and my experience was GREAT. Referred by primary dentist for 2 complex impacted wisdom tooth removals. Excellent surgeon - NO PAIN!, minimal swelling, no nasty side effects, very comfortable procedure and would do again 100%. Informative, comforting support staff. Answered all my questions and were very helpful.
in Laingsburg, Mi |
Terrible bedside manner, very short and rude. Didn't care about patients comfort. Took my daughters stitches out after 3 days, which caused even more pain and discomfort and refused to help out with her pain. Doesn't take the time to explain anything that he is doing. Treated my daughter very poorly when she was in the room by herself, she was telling him that he was hurting her and he continued on without stopping or giving any comfort to her.
in Owosso, MI |
I drove from the Northeast side of Owosso, and Dr Schiro and his staff are very friendly and professional. they go the extra mile and I tell everyone about him
in Okemos, MI |
The staff is great, kind and very efficient. Dr. Schiro is Crazy Awesome!! I would highly recommend him and I already have.
in Williamston, MI |
Dr. Schiro was HIGHLY recommended by Dr. Kevin Mullin out of East Lansing. Dr. Mullin's assistant said that Dr. Schiro and his staff are highly skilled and trained, that Dr. Schiro's specialty is maxillofacial and oral surgery, and has won the 2014 Patient's Choice Award. She gave me Dr. Schiro's phone number and fax number, and my dentist's office faxed my referral over, and I was scheduled for surgery the next morning! Thanks Dr. Schiro and staff for your kindness to me when I was in pain.
in Michigan |
Dr. Shiro simply an amazing Dr.!!! Came in to have 2 half rotted teeth pulled. Half of both teeth were gone broke away from the halves still in my gums that were starting to become infected to the nerves in my gums. I came in his staff made me feel welcome and comfortable as well as Dr.shiro himself. Felt like I'd been going there for years. He performed the surgery beautifully. Had minimal amount of recovery pain. Had no pain right after his work. Dr. Shiro called personally to check up.Awesome
in Holt, MI |
Ive read a lot of reviews that said they had horrible experiences here. I have to say I was rather surprised. The office is welcoming and inviting. Very up to date and extremely clean. I had my 4 wisdom teeth removed without problem. The healing process was easy with no complications. No problems with insurance. Everything was great. I'll admit his bedside manner is a little rough but nothing that would cause me to leave such rude reviews.
in Lansing, MI |
I would never recommend him to anyone! My granddaughter went to him for a consultation and after waiting for an hour and 45 minutes she was treated very rudely. He belittled her and made her feel very bad. This so called Dr.needs to step off his high horse and treat people with respect no matter what type of insurance they happen to have. He should also never discuss insurance information with a child. The type of behavior that he displayed was far from professional.
Have you seen Dr. William Schiro, DDS?
Are you Dr. Schiro?

Saint Johns, MI 48879
Sparrow Hospital
1215 E Michigan Ave
Lansing, MI 48912

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.