Dr. William Reece, MD

Dr. William Reece, MD

Radiation Oncology  ·

Dr. William Reece, MD is a radiation oncology specialist in Bellevue, WA. He specializes in radiation oncology and internal medicine.Read his story

Overlake Hospital Radiation Oncology

• America's Health Insurance Plans
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Asuris Northwest Health
  • Beacon Health Strategies
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Behavioral Health Network
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • CareSource
  • ChoiceCare Network

Learn about Dr. Reece

Video

See how frequently Dr. Reece performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cancer
Bladder Cancer
Colorectal Cancer

Dr. Reece's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Reece's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Reece "I became a radiation oncologist because I liked the combination of direct patient care and using advanced technology to treat complex problems. I went to West Point for my undergraduate degree in engineering. I then went to the Uniformed Services University Medical School and spend 20 years after that as a doctor in the Army. I did both Internal Medicine and Radiation Oncology residency training at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and the National Cancer Institute. I am board certified in Radiation Oncology since 1996. My prior training in Internal Medicine gives me a broad perspective on patient care, such that I better understand the integration of radiation treatments with everything else that a patient is going through. The highlight of my day is being able to help someone. I enjoy explaining things in a practical way that is easily understandable. I am highly trained and proud of our practice at Overlake in providing all aspects of radiation treatment including all the newer ways of therapy such as intensity modulated radiation, stereotactic radiation, and brachytherapy."

This content was provided by Dr. Reece "Before I sit down to see a patient, I always research their specific case in detail to understand the testing and work up. I review the radiographic, lab and pathology testing to make sure that I have all the facts. Having the background medical knowledge on your case then allows me to listen to your specific symptoms, needs and concerns when we meet. I am then best able to provide you with a sound and comprehensive recommendation regarding the need or not for radiation therapy. I want the patient visit to be calm, friendly, comforting, easy to understand and timely. I don't use medical terms that are hard to understand. My promise is to treat you with dignity, compassion and respect. Cancer is a word that is hard to say, but we have a treatment that is very effective and I have devoted my life's work to helping you get well."

• Radiation Oncology

• Cancer Pain Management
  • Cancer Treatment
  • External Beam Radiotherapy
  • High-Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy
  • Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
  • Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
  • Mammosite Catheter Insertion
  • Radiation Oncology Procedures
  • Radiation Therapy
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Uniformed Services University of The Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Walter Reed Army Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • National Cancer Institute-NIH

Dr. Reece has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Reece does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Reece and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Reece's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Reece to family and friends

Dr. Reece's Performance

Always caring and professional. Never feel rushed when speaking with him and takes the time to listen to all concerns. The office is a reflection of their caring attitude. They respond quickly to office inquiries and One Chart requests. Dr. Reece has excellent bedside manner and I highly...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Reece is a very serious, professional and knowledgeable radiation oncologist. His military background is a plus in his role as medical director of Overlake Hospital's Radiation Oncology. His office is run very smoothly and efficiently, like clockwork there is almost no waiting time. He has a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Are you Dr. Reece?

More Radiation Oncology Specialists like Dr. Reece at Overlake Hospital Radiation Oncology

Radiation Oncology Specialist